Elements

What’s your favorite element, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VBN1uDbVN1Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Surprise!

You got me you trickster

Heavy metal.

Inb4 air fags

Water a best

Metal

I’m a mental elemental

Fire is besto

Air because flight and lightning. If I don't get lightning, then Water.

Water>air>earth>fire in most settings.

Why would you pick anything over earth? "Earth" is so vague and you have control over so much shit.

Ice>fire>stone=air=earth>water

Primary Bionicle elements are the superior elements

FIRE!

Considering our planet is made of earth and covered in water, I'd say air and fire can't really compete

Airlets, when will they learn?

Wood of the Wu Xing

>thinks because he can control some dirt or water he’s super powerful
Don’t blame me when you get a fireball to the face

Fire was here, water is a loser

I always counted lightning with fire because they’re both plasma.
Solid = Earth
Liquid = Water
Gas = Air
Plasma = Fire

You can't spell "flame" without "lame"

Whenever I hear plasma, I just hear this youtube.com/watch?v=VBN1uDbVN1Y

Water for the versatility

Can't go wrong with Carbon. But I guess Aluminum is my favorite metal.

Air is present in water and it is necessary for fire to burn. Remove air and you nullify the effects of these two other elements.

O-S-M-I-U-M
iridium is okay too, but platinum and palladium can fuck right off

Earth (if tied with plants) > water (with ice) > fire (with lightning) > fire > earth > water > air.

Air usually gets the short end of the stick. It's the least material, has the least amount of utility, and usually the shittiest powers. Air should be tied with flight, but most settings ignore that so it wouldn't be overpowered.

I think there's more potential for Fire to be symbolic of energy in a magic system

Osmium has a cool appearance but I'm a big tungsten fan.

Fuck you, air is best.

Are there any games/systems where fire represents motion, as it should?

Virtue

Childhood is thinking Heart is a useless power.
Adulthood is realizing that Heart is mind control.

Sword.

bear

The fifth element, hot women.

Air, when paired with lightning like on Golden Sun. Honestly loved the feel of the elements in that game (till Dark Dawn).

Air and water are two of my favorite elements

ERF!!

Good taste

Water or Earth. Can't decide.

>platinum group
>not actinide

Live fast and decay young boi

Fire, especially when it overlaps with lightning/magma/metal/etc.

Do people prefer the Western/Ancient Greek elements (fire, air, water, earth) or the Asian set (wood, metal, earth, water, fire)?

Absolutely the Western one, personally.

I honestly prefer the Fire/Ice/Lightning trinity, and of those definitely Ice.

Fire, used for purposes other than (exclusively) werffing flammen.

My two favorite characters were both flavors of fire wizard, but with quirks. The first one could channel his magic into objects or creatures to turn them into puppeted flame elementals. This was probably as inhumane as it was awesome. At one point in his backstory he broke a siege by animating the trees in a castle's courtyard and marching them about the fortification, smashing things and setting buildings alight.

The second guy was a blacksmith who used his magic to heat and shape his materials with his hands. Most of his the uses were mundane, but he had a habit of throwing ball bearings at physical threats, which he would heat into molten metal midair. Though my favorite uses of his magic were for really dumb mundane stuff, like sapping heat from the engine of a recently stopped car to keep his cocoa warm on a cold day.

I think your lineup is incorrect.

Air got gypped in ATLA by not having a sub-element and you know it.

It could probably suffocate people.

That's regular airbending man

More like shockbending.
>that's lightningbending
NO, IT'S DIFFERENT! DON'T MOCK THE SHOCKER!

There were some extra things it could do.
>soundbending
>flight
>astral projection
>fartbending

ICE IS MY FAVORITE ELEMELON

Fire is not a fucking plasma state. It's a chemical reaction. It converts matter between states, generally converting solids to liquids and liquids to gases. Obviously there are exceptions but that's what melting points and boiling points are for. Furthermore, fire isn't even just heat, since it creates specific chemical changes such as soot in carbon.

A plasma is a superheated gas with a current. Lightning is nothing like fire unless you count superficial qualities like giving off light and causing destruction.

I’ve always been a sucker for hope, faith, and belief stuff.

Void

Hydrogen. Simple process to create all other elements using hydrogen

LOVE

earth, if it's the kind of earth that is manipulating plants and trees and connecting with nature instead of just manipulating rocks and dirt like in avatar.

Fire is the best element, but it's the most misunderstood.
Most think of it as an uncontrollable element of chaos. Even when they mention the creative aspects of fire they stress it's destructiveness.
But picture this, if you will: Fire, above all other elements, represents man's dominance over nature.
It's true, that to a lizard-brained primitive that fire is a scary, uncontrollable thing. But what is not a sign of true sapience than the ability to wield fire as the tool it is? Fire brings light, which wards against fears in the night, and allows man to learn at all hours of the day.
The trees of a forest represent something fearful and primeval, but with fire, an emerging civilization can slash and burn, removing that lair of ancient terror while creating room for new expansion. Fire also unlocks the secrets of metal craft, advanced masonry, survival in cold climates, and even cooking. Fire isn't the element of uncontrolled chaos. Fire is the element of civilization.

Lead.
It's just so handy to have whatever metal you like at any time.

The 5th element was love you brainlet

Avatar and Naruto fags please go. Your choices are clearly earth, water, fire, and air.

There's no metal there's no lightning, fuck off

Heart was never a real element

Those who have dwelled in this realm for too long can no longer understand the nuance of something like love, only the carnal pleasures of the flesh that binds us all

You mean air, fire, metal, wood and water right?

I think tungsten is pretty cool. I wonder if a civilization that had the technology for working it but still used melee weapons would use it, I played a Dwarf Fortress mod that lets you make weapons out of it and it's really good for bashing ones.

Lightning is fire

I thought the 5th elemt was bad acting.

Wood is earth and water, metal is fire and earth. Fuck off back to /a/

see

Air control is fucking deadly. Just invisibly rip the air right out of someone's lungs causing a vacuum that will collapse the lungs killing them. Create a tiny air bubble in their blood that gives them a stroke. You're the ultimate invisible assassin.

I'm a simple boi. I like earth. Throwing rocks, making rock armor, controlling the earth, that shit's fly yo.

Those aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Remember the old mantra, 'Depends on the setting'.

I never thought of it that way, thanks user.

plastic

Came here to post this, was not disappointed.

>drop dirt into ocean
>suddenly a tree appears

Well I didn't expect the Spanish inquisition!

Came here to post this.

oxygen