Cryptos and Taxes in Germany

This is insane...

>buy BTC worth 5k bucks
>trade said BTC for altcoin
>have to pay 25% taxes on the profit
>hold said altcoin for a year or two and trade it back to BTC because can't cash out otherwise
>have to pay 25% taxes on the profit
>pay out BTC finally
>have to pay 42% AND 25% on top of all of that

Other urls found in this thread:

bitwala.com/
discord.gg/MW8NuYm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Und wie regelst du das so?

>actually paying taxes

Literally everyone is talking about BZC right now faggot.

Go to Switzerland and cash out there. Just like everybody in Munich does.

don't you just have to pay taxes on the profits once you cash out

>actually paying taxes

You DO NOT fuck with the Finanzamt. There are 10x more powerful than the IRS.

IRS = Girl Scouts

Finanzamt = DEVGRU

Sorry Hans, we should have fought on your side.

wieso zahlst du denn doppelt steuern auf den gewinn, dein Geld oder die Geldanlage ist doch noch im Verkehr wie du selbst sagst. Erst wenn du gewinne auszahlst musst du auch Steuern zahlen. Wie kommen den noch die 42% dazu? Tradest du Hauptberuflich oder ist das allg. dein Steuersatz?
Mach kein Drama draus und zahl keine Steuern xD

Einkommenssteuer am Schluss

are you dumb? you buy 5k btc and no taxes during exchanging since you never made profit in euros. When you cash out you try to find someone who pays you cash and then buy a gold watch from it. That way you dont pay tax

I need the money on my bank account because I want to invest it in stocks and funds.

No way around taxes, but after calculating it I found out that from the 140k gains that I would made I would only recieve 63k.

Fuck this country.

>Erfolgt hingegen keine zinstragende Veranlagung, sind Kryptowährungen als Spekulationsgeschäft gemäß § 31 EStG dann steuerrelevant, wenn der Zeitraum zwischen Anschaffung und Veräußerung nicht mehr als ein Jahr beträgt. Bei unentgeltlich erworbenen Wirtschaftsgütern ist auf den Anschaffungszeitpunkt des Rechtsvorgängers abzustellen. Der Handel zwischen Kryptowährungen ist ebenso wie der Eintausch von virtuellen Währungen gegen Euro als Tauschvorgang anzusehen. Beim Tausch von Wirtschaftsgütern liegen jeweils eine Anschaffung und eine Veräußerung vor. Als Veräußerungspreis (des hingegebenen Wirtschaftsgutes) sowie als Anschaffungskosten (des erworbenen Wirtschaftsgutes) ist dabei der gemeine Wert (auch Verkehrswert oder Einzelveräußerungswert genannt) des jeweils hingegebenen Wirtschaftsgutes anzusehen (vgl. § 6 Z 14 lit. a EStG). Wird in einem „virtual wallet“ eine Kryptowährung gehalten, welche zu unterschiedlichen Zeitpunkten sowie uU zu unterschiedlichen Tageskursen angeschafft wurde, ist im Falle eines Tausches („Verkauf“) für das Vorliegen eines Spekulationsgeschäfts sowie die Höhe möglicher Spekulationseinkünfte entscheidend, welche dieser jeweiligen „Tranche“ einer solchen Kryptowährung verkauft wird. Dabei kann der Steuerpflichtige eine beliebige Zuordnung vornehmen, wenn der Bestand der jeweiligen angeschafften Kryptowährung hinsichtlich Anschaffungszeitpunkt und Anschaffungskosten lückenlos dokumentiert ist; ist dies nicht der Fall, sind die jeweils ältesten einer Kryptowährung als zuerst verkauft anzusehen (FIFO-Methode).

Leck mich doch am Arsch
wie soll man denn das alles dokumentieren?
reicht nicht steuer bei crypto->euro am schluss, wie wollen die denn prüfen ob du da noch mit cryptos gehandelt hast naja allerdings hab ich auf binance etc meinen irchtigen namen benutzt... fuck)

exactly. you sell maybe 5-10% below market value to somebody who pays cash or gold.

or you hodl for one year. no taxes then.

but you have to hold one single crypto for a year, right? or just cryptos in general

>or you hodl for one year. no taxes then.

Nope, only if you, lets say, buy BTC, hodl it for one year and do NOTHING with it.

Otherwise, income tax. (around 40% if you cash out more than 50k)

And every trade is taxable, even crypto->crypto trades.

What's the 42% number? 25% sounds like capital gains, yeah it's high but what is 42%?

Technically, yes. But do you really think the Finanzamt is able to track your entire crypto trade-history? Don't you think they are more than happy that you freely offer to pay taxes at all?

Following scenario:

BTC -------> REQ(no tax)

(1 year after) REQ ------->EUR(no tax)

Is that right?

Income Tax

Income over 9k a year has to pay it.

40 % is the maximum if you earn more than 50k a year.

No Einkommensteuer. Abgeltungssteuer. It's a fixed 25% + Kirchensteuer + Solidaritätszuschlag. Yes, the Ossis get money for your crypto trading.

bitwala.com/

I am an Ossi and I don't profit from that so whatever

Same goes for the fucking church tax

So it's 25 % + 6 % (Kirchensteuer) + 2 % (Soli)

33 % ?

Dumb question probably, but what can the Fianzamt actually do to check whether you just held btc or traded cryptos. Isn't the entire point of cryptos that they allow anonymous trade. Unless they directly ask for trading history from altcoin exchanges, but for that they would have to know that you were on them in the first place right

They'd probably ask the exchanges for information about you.
And the exchanges WILL cooperate obviously.
Also, crypto can be tracked and in the future the Finanzamt will be only more competent at it.

Not to mention that even if you trick them, if they figure out in the future that you didn't pay taxes you're gonna get assraped 5 years later or something.

They will just ask the exchanges for the trading history of all German citizens/residents and users with a German IP. They can also find your IP address relayed on the Bitcoin blockchain.

Move to Austria, Luxembourg or East Belgium?

>you're gonna get assraped 5 years

Not really, the Verjaehrungsfrist is 3 years.

i think australia is worse

Do you really think a shitty korean/chinese/* exchange will care once German fags are knocking at their door and ask if you could please share private user infos?

Don't whine.
France is taxed at 62% if you make cash out more than 150k euros.
Literal soviet country.

>40 % is the maximum if you earn more than 50k a year.
Oh my God. People making 50k/year pay 40% in taxes? Please tell me that's the marginal rate at the very least.

>62%

Dude, it blew my mind as well.

Might as well not even bother working if you earn more than 50k, it's insane.

such is life in europe

i made a tax report on my crypto for germany using cointracking.info. it only told me to pay 25 percent. so calm down.

You guys need to put a stop to this. It's criminal.

Did you also trade crypto for crypto? Several times?

yeah thats why. a few xrp trades in mid 2017. i can post screens in a sec if you want

>25 percent

That's just for capital gains. You also need to add your income tax rate. Which is maximum 45%.

Well, at least an ambulance ride doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.

no. cointracking would have shown it then. they have a german team. if it is not deducted on the tax report where else?

They don't care because they'll just ban German users and lock their funds forever like Bitfinex to Americans.

I wouldn't really mind being tax raped if the money was well managed behind but it goes in large part to pay a legion of civil "servant" (half are completely useless), immigrants and politics lifestyle.

S O C I A L I S T P A R A D I S E

gotta fund Ahmed to replace you, goy.

Yup, in case I try to kms due to losing half my cryptogains.

Thank u germany!!!!

Yup, same.

I'd be willing to pay 25 % taxes on the final cashout sum if it was handled well.

But it isn't, and I have to pay even more.

It's horseshit.

if they scam me by taking more than half ill be off to new zealand. only cashed out 10 percent to test them anyway.

Does anyone know how much tax you have to pay in the Netherlands on crypto?

Hey. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on this group? discord.gg/MW8NuYm

lmao, nigger. There was a NEET on twitter from Germany that took welfare and used to trade cryptos. After he managed to cash out $500k they taxed 90% of it. They will fuck you up.

Hold for 1 year and cash out tax free.
What am I missing? If you're desperate for the cash, get a loan out and pay it off in 1 year. Gotta be cheaper than paying tax

Not so fast boyo...
Portugal Italy Malta masterrace 0% taxes on crypto

Become dutch, we only have to pay 1.2% as part of our savings

>Hold for 1 year and cash out tax free.

In Germany that only applies to real estate.

>Portugal
UK bro here looking to move to there to cash out my stack eventually.

Real estate? What are you on about. There was a detailed post about it on readit the other day by a tax advisor

they should try me. ill be out in 2 months if they pull that.

>Die Veräußerung von Kryptowährungen ist dann steuerpflichtig, wenn die Anschaffung und Veräußerung innerhalb eines Jahres erfolgt. Hier findet der § 23 EStG Anwendung, welcher auch bei Immobilien greift. Das nennt sich das private Veräußerungsgeschäft. Dieses private Veräußerungsgeschäft ist dann steuerpflichtig, wenn also zwischen Anschaffung und Veräußerung weniger als ein Jahr liegt. Des Weiteren muss die Freigrenze von 600 € überschritten werden. Bei der Freigrenze gilt, wenn sie überschritten wird, dann fällt sie weg. Das heißt, im Unterschied zum Freibetrag ist bei 601 € nicht 1 € steuerpflichtig, sondern bei der Freigrenze 601 €.

>unironically paying taxes
>taxes will fund refugees and degeneracy
fick dich OP

link pls

>Steuerfrei hingegen ist die Veräußerung, wenn zwischen Anschaffung und Verkauf mindestens ein Jahr vergangen ist (365 Tage zwischen Anschaffung und Veräußerung). Das heißt, dass hier also die eigenen Aufzeichnungen eine große Rolle spielen. Gegenüber dem Finanzamt ist man hier in der Nachweis und Mitwirkungspflicht. Daher sollten die wichtigsten Belege immer aufbewahrt und vorgehalten werden.

Sollte man aber wie oben erwähnt Zinsen aus der Kryptowährung erwirtschaften, dann erhöht sich der Zeitraum theoretisch auf 10 Jahre, da das Wirtschaftsgut aus als Einkunftsquelle gedient hat.

That only applies if you buy a coin, hold for one year and do NOTHING with it.

If you daytrade with BTC or just buy another coin, you're already fucked.

And you WILL HAVE TO PAY INCOME TAX regardless if you cash out more than 9k a year.

Was bedeutet das für wenn wenn ich z.B. 10.000€ bitcoins auf bitcoin.de verkaufe.
Muss ich dann darauf 25% Steuern zahlen?
Wo muss ich das angeben oder wie soll das Finanzamt das merken?

You only pay taxes if you make gains with the trade. When finally cashing out altcoin->BTC-> fiat, you only pay taxes on BTC->fiat since the altcoin->BTC trade is not done to make profit.

>Ergänzung: Auf vielfachen Hinweis, die Spekulationsfrist für Aktien wurde aufgehoben, hier gilt die Kapitalertragsteuer. Jedoch sind Bitcoin und andere Kryptowährungen Wirtschaftsgüter und keine Aktien, daher findet § 20 EStG keine Anwendung und die Spekulationsfrist bleibt bestehen bzw. führt zur Steuerfreiheit!

In Hong Kong you can buy and sell BTC anonymously for a 5% premium in person

>Ja, auch wenn die Veräußerung steuerfrei ist, sollte eine Anlage SO ausgefüllt werden. Das ist deswegen der Fall, da die Feststellung der Steuerfreiheit am besten durch das Finanzamt erfolgt. Nicht durch den Steuerpflichtigen. Im Grunde also einfach Einnahmen minus Ausgaben und dann Anschaffungs- und Veräußerungszeitpunkt angeben.

>Anmerkung: Grundsätzlich gilt keine Erklärungspflicht nach einem Jahr. Es ist jedoch ratsam, dass dies trotzdem erklärt wird. Vor allem, da Steuerhinterziehung bis zu 10 Jahre verfolgt werden kann. Sollte man sich bei der 1 Jahresfrist verrechnen oder sich die Gesetzeslage ändern, dann hat man hier den Vorteil das die bereits steuerfrei erklärten Gewinne grundsätzlich nicht mehr geändert werden können.

tl:dr ihr seid alle duhm und such auf nem mongolischen Korbmacher Forum nach legitimen Antworten

>hold for one year and do NOTHING with it.
So do that then. What's so hard about that?
Like I said, if you need the cash get a loan then pay it off after 1 year. 6% loan is cheaper than any tax

You need to prove the Finanzamt how you obtained the 10k in Bitcoin. You either show them trading logs or receipts.

Because I bought BTC and traded it for altcoins in under a year because I didn't knew about that.

Now, if I hold that altcoin for a year and trade back to BTC and hold THAT for a year, it doesn't even matter.

>A non-european exchange is gonna give a fuck about requests from the failed state of Germany

You don't seriously think Binance is gonna do anything right?

but how are they know i earned 10.000€?
I mean..how do they know it will be on my bank account? I can´t imagine they check every persons bank account?! Do they?

>binance

Too bad I used bittrex so I am fucked.

t. Hoeneß

>mgw ich reich werde ohne je gearbeitet zu haben
>mgw ich nur mein Pflegegeld (Autismus bux) investiere und nicht Geld für das ich hart arbeite

>tl;dr

>Buy 1 BTC in January 2017
>Don't trade anything with it
>Sell this 1 BTC in Febuary 2018
>You "'''"only'''""" have to pay income tax

Is this correct?

The bank is legally forced to tell the Finanzamt if you deposited 10k on your bank account. Sometimes they may even report if your deposit less.

10.000€ could be a gift from someone?
It is not that much money which will get the attention of the finanzamt

Do Americans have it better or worse than you Hans?
Trumps Tax plan makes the tax brackets simplified, which firstly means that there are now three brackets instead of seven:
>12%
>25%
>33%
Let's take the smallest bracket which is $0-$37,500 (individual filer because none of you are married). Then let's add in your dirty fucking neetbux (SSDI/SSI) and understand how much you can make in a year before taking penalties on your GIBs.

Nigga, they will literally put you in jail if you take welfare and trade crypto with it. You need to report that you have assets.

Buy it in Bratwürste and send them yourself.

if you earn more than 9k that year, yes

Der hat es grad mehr oder weniger gemacht.

NO income tax after one year of hodling!

"Privates Veräußerungsgeschäft dar, für das eine so genannte Spekulationsfrist von einem Jahr gilt"

NO.

"Liegen zwischen dem Kauf und dem Verkauf weniger als ein Jahr, müssen Sie die Spekulationsgewinne in der Einkommensteuererklärung auf der Anlage SO angeben. Liegt mehr als ein Jahr zwischen dem Kauf und dem Verkauf, wird der Handel nicht besteuert."

So even if I traded crypto several times, if I trade my altcoins for BTC and hold that BTC for atleast a year, I do NOT pay income tax?

I swear I've read that I have to pay it.

Enjoy your stay in JVA cuck.

1 Jahr halten = Steuerfrei

We have IDs here

Just go to a random EU country and cash out there after you make an bank account , just pay the local tax here in BG you just pay 10%incom tax and you are fine.

Hey, those refugees gotta get paid somehow

>Earn 5k EUR
>Pay 2.5k EUR taxes
>Invest your 2.5k EUR
>Pay 34% taxes on profits

If it was up to me, all NEETs and other leeches would have already been turned into soap

Das Pflegeld (ca. 545€) geht auf das Konto meines arbeitenden Vaters, der mir dann jeden Monat 500€ überweist.

Ich denke ich bin sicher.

This.

Following scenario:

In 2/1/2018 1 ETH is worth €1000

You buy $1000 worth of BTC and buy 1 ETH.

You hold that 1 ETH until 3/1/2019 and one ETH is then worth €2000.

Then once you sell that ETH you pay 0% tax and €2000 will be in your bank account with the blessing of the Finanzamt.

richtiger Jude uezs

Whats wrong Hans? How else is Muhammad going to feed his 7 children.

Yeah, you guys need that money to buy refugees houses and give them €1k a week paychecks

Explain, I'm curious.

It could, but you have to declare the gift itself. And from whom you got the gift.

Maybe no one will care about it and just accept it. But if they don't, you're fucked.

Once you cash out they will ask how you could afford the coins. They will fuck you up and make a legal example out of you, especially since you are taking welfare. They will definitely throw you in jail for welfare abuse and tax evasion.