Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2004: Bold As Love Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5aHt0iZv
youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_hcwB8i64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>when you had a recurring enemy all along

What is the tech level of a brothers price

Think it was 1880's-tier? Don't quote me on that.

Late 19th century to early 20th century.

I have a question for y'all jumpers:
How often in a jump do you arrive and ignore the plot, mc etc and just have fun exploring the greater world of the jump? Jumping it for the setting, not the plot essentially.

I don't get it. I recognize the characters just from casual memetic absorption, but I have no experience with either of their respective franchises. How are they the same?

Hey, what jumps are you guys doing?

Whenever I jump to a setting where I either don't know about the plot or don't care about it.

I have no idea who the bear is.

Pretty much what this user said.

In most xianxias.

Or in settings I dont particularly like. I plan on doing it in twilight for example.

They fuck with teenagers on several levels.

Thank you I wanted to know if my laser cannon yacht would let me be a good pirate in that world and a good escape when I steal people from the cribs

What said. If I don't care much for the plot or there's nothing keeping me there, I'll sometimes go off and do my own thing.

About UQ Holder; wouldn't being an Artificial Vampire sired by Yukihime with both Black of Venus and White of Mars while having your true age be more that four years old (it's impossible to be less than twelve) pretty much destroy the plot of the series and possibly retcon away the main character's birth?

As a general rule the plot is where the most interesting stuff is happening. If not, the plot should probably be there.

I generally go where there's something wrong and try to fix it, though, and that's not always the main plot. No one wants to hear about my jumper advocating for tax reform, though.

Posted this kinda late last thread, but what do you anons think your jumpers' palaces be like from Persona 5? What would the representation of it be and what would your corrupted desire be. Location would probably be jump dependent or the warehouse but you can include that too.

Is that jump done? I dont see it on drive.

When the settings are neat but the plots are retarded. Also, most anime.

The bear is the robot avatar for a massive sadomasochist and is basically the host of a terrible competition pitting everyone against each other even if they're ordinarily not too bad. By the rules of the competitions, the people forced together are under constant threat of death and are basically prisoners.

The guy is a douchebag C-Lister (D-Lister?) celebrity who plays host on a gameshow that becomes more shoddily put together and dangerous every season. He doesn't care about the safety or feelings of any of the contestants which becomes more evident over time as he pursues ratings despite a declining budget.

In the end, they're both basically unfeeling assholes who play host for a wildly dangerous competition pitting numerous eccentric teenagers against one another with little regard for what happens to them, even enjoying their suffering.

Monokuma from Danganronpa.

Check the upload folder.

Yeah, pretty much. Not sure what Val's stance on that it, she noped a similar derail just recently, but that was apparently because it involved taking Elder Immortal.

>Still can't decide what to buy for the Tsukuhime jump
Help,show me your builds.

ah cool. For me personally, there have been several jumps where even though I like the plot, I don't want to change it and also really want to explore the greater world. Jumps like Kobayashi for instance

TA+all the TA perks

>Arrive and ignore the plot
Pretty much all the time. Even when I'm not mixing worlds, I have to be really interested in the characters and/or the story of a world to take an interests in the natural plot. I will play nice if there's an important reason to help out (keep people from dying, Drawback incentive, things like that.) but otherwise I have more fun thinking about the worlds outside of the plot more than I do figuring out how to mess with the events themselves.

Even on my Main Chain where I'm trying to play nice with the plot of each world, I'm only doing it maybe half the time.

Sorry, I haven't played 5 or else I'd have an interesting answer for you.

She looks like a digimon, who is she?

Probably a fortress or some other kind of military structure, representing the Jumper's corrupted desire to eradicate the Light of Destruction. The whole place would be filled with all sorts of weapons and death traps, as well as burnt, broken, or otherwise destroyed icons that the Light's various cults have used throughout the chain. The safest places would be areas of water in them, because after Mikotsu saved him from the Light's mental assault in Clone Wars he subconsciously associates her and water with safety.

The idea is that Jumper's obsession with the Light's final destruction (because its' his mission, because it hurt him and his loved ones as well as countless innocents, and because it's just so fucking smug about all of the pain it's caused) that the Palace and the Shadow have become solely focused on it to the exclusion of everything else. He's not a hero or a friend or a brother or a lover anymore, he's a hunter focused only on finally killing his hated enemy.

Here's a bunch of theoretical "what if I started my Chain with Tsuki" builds I made for Heavens.

pastebin.com/5aHt0iZv

Tsukihime is like a dozen jumps away in my actual Chain, but that build should look something like DA+Brunestud+TA Companion import+generic companion imports+maybe Exceptional and Lucky.

/jc/, what are some good charisma and/or attractiveness perks from relatively low-powered/safe settings?

It's Mia, an OC from one of the tumblers I watch. Just a three-eyed dragon, though you're right she does kinda look like she'd fit in with the Digimon. I can't remember which tumbler she's from off the top of my head though. I'd post more but that's the most SFW picture I have of her.

Not really. It's not hard to come up with ways to make it fit. Eva's been around for centuries, as have both the Black and White. You could be some secret child of the royal family that she turned on accident or have been made by the Lifemaker and then adopted by her after she sympathised. There's nothing that prevents her from siring more than one vampire, nor anything that says multiple people can't have the black and/or white.

It'll definitely change the plot if you're existence is known about but that won't be until after the jump starts, if you actually get involved and draw attention. If you leave and just bum around the countryside, it won't break the story in half. Touta still exists.

Not sure what mine would be like physically, but I would assume my jumpers corrupted desire would be his lust for more and more power.

I would if I wasn't having the same problem. I'm torn between Demon-Blooded and Alchemist.

Are you reading Savage Company on DeviantArt? If not, you might want to give it a look. It's right up your alley and might help if you ever get in the mood for an update.

But you can choose to do it, yeah? Like, there should be nothing from preventing you to say that you're one of the clones, and they stopped the experiments after you were successfull, or something like that. Or is this like your previous EI comment where you aren't allowed to change the plot due to your existence?

If you want to do it, its essentially a place your jumper feels they are the ruler of, what they see it as, and their greatest desire distorted.

Yo, /jc/, a question from a curious user.

Have any of you found yourselves thinking about the metaphysics behind the various powers you collect in your chain? Like how they interact with each other or how indeed they even exist simultaneously within your body.

Can you share? I was looking over my (finally finished) Sailor Moon chain and next thing I knew, I spent like a solid two to three hours working out how my Jumpchain Abilities all fit within the BSSM Universe's metaphysics and established lore.

It was a trip and a half seeing how my Perks and Powers all blended together into one unified whole.

While I generally pay attention to the plot, I rarely directly concern myself with it. Why should I do anything about it if the natives can handle things on their own? At most I'll intervene subtly to aid one side or the other whose goals I find more palatable, or to save or remove certain individuals.
But if the plot interferes in my amusement, I will utterly crush the tracks it rides on - My fun is the most important thing, after all.

I haven't been keeping track of that one, but I'll give it a read. At first glance it looks like a decently well done comic. So thank you.

Though I have to admit, TGWeaver's "Pack Street" and Nobby's stream of high-quality Zootopia smut have been making me feel like I should get an update done already. I really need to correct those districts, Zazz up the perks a little, and maybe add a few +0 CP Drawbacks for alternate universes.

Most of the time. If I like the characters then Ill help from afar, but I generally prefer running around and being a general nuisance.

Ok, one last question before I head off for the night:
Where can I go to get clothing or armour like in pic related?

A very open-minded tailor.

Life Fibers
Webcomic Symbiote
Spiderman Symbiote

All the above will let you have spiffy looking clothes that you can just morph into.

You're not completely changing the plot just by your existence, yeah. Even if you choose this stuff. You can change it greatly after you've entered but it will be largely the same up until the jump starts.

Make sure to pick up prehensile hair or you'll never pull that look off.

Probably valkyrie crusade.

Otherwise you could make it with magic and tailoring perks.

Most of the MMO jumps have stuff like that. It'd be easy to wank having something like that with the right Overlord build.

Looks kind of Fire Emblem-y so you could probably buy that sort of thing with a lot of money in one of those games.

A tailor.

Hey Val, is that Eight Hundred Lies cloning ability a hivemind?

Walk around nude and just cast illusions on yourself.

Speaking of which...

When you guys take an option that could have led to the plot being radically altered before the jump started, what's your favorite justification for why nothing changed?

Essentially, yeah

I was pursuing my dream vocation as the dude that oils up hot chicks before they shoot those rap videos.

Oh, well, that would be an interesting thought exercise.

>Main Chain
The Palace would have to the House. It's been the rock that MC_Jumper has been clinging to as a place of safety and relaxation. It's home, in all sense of that word. It's a safe place to retreat to when he and his friends need to regroup, a fortress against the darkest elements of the worlds he visits, and the storehouse for all his dearest memories. It's the first place he shows off to new Companions and no matter what is going on in the world outside, he feels like he can relax fully inside. No need for masks, or lies, or any of the trappings he might have to wear while outside to blend in.

His greatest desire is not what you would expect. It isn't to be the greatest hero or even to save the world. Instead it is to keep his friends close, protected, and safe. The people he cares about are very dear to him and the thought of one of them dying because he wasn't there to save them is his greatest fear.

Distorting that, things head naturally towards a prison. The House becomes an easy place to enter, but nearly impossible to leave. The shields meant to warn danger away instead invite others inside. The House would naturally attract people, especially those who know of the Jumper and even more so anyone who happens to be close to him. The House would become a maze of corridors and rooms meant to trap and delay those who wander in. Chains to hold people down for their own safety. The monsters would use "status ailments" like paralysis and sleep instead of anything that would actually harm.

I have no idea what a boss might look like for this kind of place. Perhaps some kind of medusa or basilisk to turn people into stone to keep them safe forever. It would be a very odd fight, because none of the attacks would cause any damage, so the thickest of armors wouldn't do any good. In fact, it would likely heal anyone who somehow got hurt during the fight. A gimmick!

>Mayan chains only have two thousand and twelve links
The promised day is nigh. We shall be free from this suffering soon.

You know how every cell in your body has the same genetic code, manifested in different ways?
I see all of existence as the same way.
Every universe has a specific set of 'gene' being expressed, and it may or may not be a unique combination, but it's ultimately the same code that every other universe draws from.

By travelling the way I do, I convince my current resident universe to allow expression of the 'genes' I've picked up along the way.

…I guess that makes me some sort of interdimensional retrovirus.

So I have a Tsukihime question about mystic eyes of death perception. Possibly a dumb one. Do the negative effects of the strain from using the eyes ever go away? (like after the jump) Also are you able to shut them off at will or are they constantly on?

That talk of Desolate Era got me thinking. You think it is possible to cultivate the Dao of...Charisma?

Depends on the chain, but I generally cop out and use 'eldritch outsider doesnt follow the same laws of physics' as an excuse.

Yes. Literally everything has a dao. I know of one person who cultivates the dao of booty.

How about instead of a prison an asylum with padded rooms, and the distorted desire would be more of a "I know whats best for you, so stop struggling and get into your box" type deal?

Also what would the treasure be? The item that represents what distorted your desire desire in the first place.

When I bother to think of an overarching plot and define something, then I do. It usually ends up being tied to the end jump scenario as the reason. For example the dyn freaks end chain, heir to the throne was the source of it being tied to the omniverse itself. Jumper wasn't getting perks so much as improving their connection to the throne of reality as it tried to prevent it's imminent destruction. In magic administrator it isn't a convenient one thing manifested in myriad ways, but Jumper being a glitch in the omniverse system pulled by another glitch causing myriad other glitches by jumping in the larger scheme of things. Sometimes it flows together seemlessly while other perks do not play well without careful adjustment and fine tuning to make them play well. In rare cases they don't mix well at all, causing serious errors in reality (drawbacks) or intensifying them until they can patch the bug (overcome it) either by their own effort or by that of the reality managing to patch itself up. Still uncertain which of two end jumps I will be going for in that one. Only just started on it.

The circumstances leading to Waltraute's marriage. Looks close enough to a valkyrie's aurora armor.

It has been done in xianxia often, usually as charm or illusions instead of an outright dao of making friends and influencing people.

That sounds like a good one for a Jumper who want's to "fix" everything. You know, punishing people who hurt their favorite characters, making sure their ships come to pass, and treating everyone like they're not real people.

Not Heavens, but I'd imagine that the Mystic Eye Killers are in the item section for a reason. Lore-wise, the strain comes from the impossibility of seeing the Void via the lines and points.

Huh. I didn't think of it like that, but yeah, that would fit the whole theme I was going for a lot better. Especially with the "no damage" attack scheme of the monsters. I'm not sure I would word the distorted desire quite like that, but it's pretty close to what I was getting at. Asylum and padded rooms it is then. Good call.

>The Treasure
I don't know if people can be Treasures, but if they can be it would be Helen from Jump 1. One of the other three Light Warriors who really had a thing for Jumper from their shared history. He didn't know how to bring her with him at the time so he was forced to leave her there. Between that and what happened with Anne and Mary in Fate/Zero, his fear would stems from the fact he never really knows if he's going to be told he can't bring someone along by the Man in Grey and the Woman in White.

But Helen would be the root of it. So if it can't be a person, then it would be his Fire Crystal from that Jump. He left it behind with her.

>mystic eyes of death perception
The first time I read that I read it as Mystic Eyes of Depth Perception and I couldn't figure out what the fuck everyone was going on about. I still refer to them as such.

>Mystic Eyes of Depth Perception
You will never be mistaken about whether objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.

think you could tone down the furry, yoro?
please?

It's OK, that is a joke as old as Tsukihime. And you just might have seen it written that way, due to it being such an old joke.

The description seems to hint at the possibility of turning it off though, no I know the source material pretty well and that wasn't possible for that Shiki.
Though if the glasses are so necessary if you take that maybe they should be free, you are already paying an undiscounted 800 cp for the ability . Just a suggestion there.

Sure, no problem. I've got plenty of other art saved.

>Accurately perceive the distance of any object within visual range, even if one eye is closed
>This isn't a 50 CP OC option
Get on it, Heavens.

>Mystic Eyes can be toggled on and off freely after purchase.
Well this is at the bottom of the Jump, so I dunno.

>being offended by cartoons
It must be hard being a snowflake.

Huh, everything seems quite nice in this pi- IS THAT A CAT!? How dare he be holding a cat and not the superior doggo as seen in the middle.

They are free. You get your choice of any two 100cp items for free, and they are one of them. None of the 100cp items are particularly useful, besides the glasses, just neat and thematic stuff.

Derp... yeah I missed that sorry.

Cats make better familiars.

Will the black crusade jump have a slaaneshi perfect mesmerizingly sexy ass perk?

One of the capstones can let your ass be perfectly sculpted and mesmerizing by the power of the Warp if need be.

Cats are glorious fluffballs of pure cuddle and I will not hear unkind words against them.

Dogs are faithful, energetic companions who's loyalty cannot be doubted and I will not head unkind words against them.

I'm an equal opportunity lover of fluff.

What about snakes or racoons?

What about birbs?
And mice?

Tell me about your animal companions!
Your pets, followers, mounts, familiars, and other non-sapient creatures.

>One of the capstones can let your ass be perfectly sculpted and mesmerizing by the power of the Warp if need be.
But the Loyalist is undeterred. . .

youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_hcwB8i64

Reminder that you only like cats so much because they have a symbiotic relationship with a parasite that infests the brains of other animals, such as humans, and makes them like cats more.

Dogs require no such parasite.

Don't huff litter boxes, user. No matter how cool it seems, don't huff litter boxes.

I just have my uncountable legions of cats from Hellboy. Utterly devoid of practical use, but so adorable and lovely.

I am thinking about picking up a great grey wolf pup from Dark Souls, but they are practically sapient so they prolly dont count.

Meh. Guess I'll have to use time travel then.

After Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, animals seemed to understand me when I spoke plainly. Weird wizard shit, I guess.
It has it's uses, from convincing hurt animals to calm down to dissuading predators from engaging in a fight I refuse to lose.
I don't take any with me, though.

Trash pandas are cute.

I have a Lycanroc

Snakes are squeezetubes and master of the hugging arts. Their snoots are made for booping and they will be booped.

Racoons are trash mammals, but only in the literal sense. They've got plenty of floof for petting and are okay in my book.

They're nice to look at though and I enjoy their singing in small doses. Mocking birds are awesome though. Rescued one of those as a kid and after it grew up and we released it it came back all the time to leave us buttons or other shiny things.

Mice, and even rats, are adorable. They can have all the room in my walls they want, so long as they don't chew on my electrical wires or get into my food. Hamsters are the spawn of Satan though. No Hamsters.

It's called washing your hands and not dunking your face in the cat litter box searching for "chocolate" surprises.

I have a Japanese Flying Squirrel from a few worlds ago. I don't talk about it much because it mostly hangs out in Yggdrasil with that red squirrel that's somehow following me between worlds. It is, however, utterly adorable. I have included a picture of it's pure adorableness for your viewing pleasure.

As if your precious Corpse could offer anything as wonderful as becoming a perfect being.

Red. Stop channeling Uriah. He's nowhere near sexy enough.

Who wants tainted perfection when you can have space nuns, cosmic gothic, the glory and futility of mortality, and unvarnished, unapologetic HFY. Ascension and apotheosis by sheer will and devotion will always trump easy deals and gauche indulgence.