The state of 40k

Update me on the state of 40k, Veeky Forums.

Last time I had real interest in it was years ago, and the last time I read into anything Rowboat was becoming the Emperor or something, the Emperor was dying or something, the Eldar were allying with the Imperial or something, and Chaos was being a bunch of Mary Sues or something ("FAILBADDON TOTALLY MEANT TO LOSE SO THAT MEANS THEY WON GUYS"). All of that shit made me lose interest in the fluff, because it sounded like a total clusterfuck.

I've heard the actual gameplay has improved a lot since the last edition, namely that it feels more balanced and traditionally less-competitive armies, namely Nids and IG, have gotten a keen edge, though I've heard people say Orks are losing relevance.

Then I've heard the real shit about how Age of Shitmar is merging with 40k soon.

What exactly is going on with 40k? Is it worth getting back into or is it time to jump ship entirely?

I've dropped my 40k armies since this edition.
>better gameplay
>more balanced
Ahaha, no. Actually it only gets worse.
t. Necron/CSM player

>Age of Shitmar is merging with 40k soon

Wow, fuck that.

So let me get this straight.
You got all of your information from Veeky Forums memes, and you now wholeheartedly believe that the eldar and imperium are allied under the new emperor Roboutte Guilliman and that chaos somehow won at something. And now you're coming back at Veeky Forums to try and remove the Veeky Forums memes with more Veeky Forums memes?

So this is what a person who gets literally all of their 40k information from Veeky Forums looks like. I'm not impressed.

Prove it wrong.

Imperial Soup doesnt include elderarchies

The game is at its best and most balanced in a while. Though there are still more powerful armies than others, it's not the sheer cluster fuck 7th edition was with all of its formations and shit.

As for the lore, well, depends on what you like. They are definitely pushing the "Chaos as the main badguy" angle more, but some cool stuff has come out of that. Tyranids now have a dedicated anti-Chaos fleet named after Kronos aka the Greek Titan who ate gods, and that's pretty cool. Honestly, I expect the lore to pick up now that they've run out of Imperium armies to update besides Sisters and we'll get more xenos stuff. Some people like the fact the plot is moving forward, and while I don't, some developments are cool and it seems like we're headed for another stand-still to let things settle in.

I don't know the state of the rules or fluff but I was thinking about getting a box of those new Space Marines for truescale marines. Basically just to use in a couple of the other sci-fi systems I want to try. Noped out when I saw the price though, 100 AUD, fuck that. For all the talk of "GW I'd the good guys now" fuck all seems to have changed for the better with regards to their pricing. I won't be tempted away from historicals again for a while.

>being this butthurt

Also, reminder the RowboatxYvraine started with harmless trolling but now GeeDubs are pushing it for real.

>ever expecting them to drop prices

Wasn't expecting them to drop prices, I was just shocked at how bad things had got.

Buy them second hand mate, you can grab the Marines from Dark Imperium off the sprue for $80 aus if you take a little while to look. Models are pretty good for a starter kit.

8th edition is boring as shit, and not that balanced.

Show me where it says G-man is the new emperor and then I'll take the time to prove it wrong.

That pic was just a joke. It does not suddenly make interspecies romance in 40K a permitted thing yet.

I would probably check out an official forum for this.

>Age of Shitmar is merging with 40k soon
I'm new to 40k. Can someone explain that? I sit like how the new fat nurgel guy is usable in both age of shitmar and 40k?

It's still the autistic power fantasy we all know and love. New characters have entered the scene so obviously people hate change for the sake of hating change

The lore is as bad as you say, but I think that the rules are more playable these days.

The two games are seperate but the demon models are usable in both games since demons all look the same. The 40k rules were simplified and are now similar to AoS, which makes it easy for new players to get into both games. Reeeeeing ensues from fat nerds who are worried that girls might start playing warhammer and they'll be forced into having a conversation

Cadia finally fell, Roboute made an army of Space Marine 1.5, the rumored idea of the empire accidentally creating a new chaos god with the sheer amount of deaths it has was transferred to the Eldar instead and they have a new god of death and a half-Eldar half-Dark Eldar army to go with it. Emperor was proven out to be a bit of an asshole who doesn't give a shit about his children.

And thats it pretty much. Story progressed somewhere which was nice.

There's just hints at the two worlds being connected by the Warp. A Grey Knight pops up in the Warp in Fantasy, Draigo dreams about the Fantasy world or some shit and decides not to go there, stuff like that.

The game is more balanced, but now every army plays the same and gets the same options. It's a boring edition.

As a new player (still have to paint my guys) I'm not that worried about oversimplifed rules, that being said, I feel for the old fans who have ha their game changed at expensive of new guys and would have no problem learning the more complex ones.

The old guys pick up the new rules faster than new people learning them for the first time. I've played warhammer for 15+ years and it's still the same it's always been, really expensive toy soldiers.

The only thing that does piss me off is the old warhammer stores in my neighborhood used to be bigger and carry more stock. Gw legit does prioritize the popular factions at an insane level, and I wish they wouldnt do that