Which magical race/species would do best in space?

which magical race/species would do best in space?

my guess is either Beholders and their ilk, already used to microgravity and have quite a number of abilities that could be useful

or

Merfolk. they live in water, so microgravity isn't an issue, plus water is an excellent radiation shield which would also protect the astronauts.

Could Beholders breathe in space

I'm not even sure they need to breathe but I like to think they would still use spacsuits to avoid floating debris.

Water is really heavy so merfolk space program would be way more expensive relative to ours. To the point merfolk civilization might not be able to participate in manned missions at all. That is not even counting how hard it would be to develop technology on a water world.

Cannonically it's Mind Flayers.
They are actually AYYYliens. From the Future... past

Aren't they also suppose to be highly evolved humans?

If that's the case, would they still technically be aliens?

>Soviet beholder.jpg
Never have i seen something so wondrous and beautiful in my life.

>Cyka blyat One-Eyes

>Y-you mean Two? Two-eyes?
>Two eyes is as bad as One!
Beholders see single when drunk on vodka.

Fairies. Tiny people means tiny spaceships which means we save money on fuel and life support.

I don't understand the question. Do you mean they would fare well as a space travelling race? Or literally be ok floating through space and not dying. If the former, then humans, elves, and any other race capable of building ships would fare well.

could be from a world that is a lot smaller than ours, maybe a moon of Jupiter or something. the technology part is a bit more difficult to get around, I'd say go with biotech.

A funny idea. The idea of localized bubbles of water was something I saw in one of the mario games and made me think of how cool it would be to see that applied somewhere.

So imagine merfolk who managed to built a ship and use their magitek to have compartments with localized pools of water they can freely swim in and out of. It'd be the only spot on the ship where gravity acts normal in such a weird way but the rest of the ship would effectively be zero g.

Beholders in spelljammer have a special strain of beholder-kin that's only purpose is to purify used air, so I'd go with no. On the other hand, I can't find any statistics for how much air beholders use (which is probably because it wasn't expected to matter in play).

Skeletons. they need no life support.

Nah, they are more like Goauld, only instead of puppeting their host, they eat and replace the brain and then remodel the body.

Which sourcebook is this from

Probably dorfs. Strong build and a knack for engineering.

also incredibly dense, physically speaking. and know I just picture half a dozen dwarves caught in each other's gravitational fields.

Space Octopi

They'd stink up the air. Good to leave around as "mines" though.