/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Death In Yarmouth Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/gdvadj7t6l5w6/Aero_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mediafire.com/folder/j962ws6h50bqj/Victory_Games
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/file/4ldui4ymn8495d6/S&T 159 - Zeppelin.pdf
mediafire.com/file/7jk1gj4gsz68y0e/Osprey_-_CAM_193_-_The_Zeppelin_Menace_1914-17.pdf
mediafire.com/file/jffkfharjf4a3a8/Osprey_-_VAN_101_-_German_Airships_1900-40.pdf
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160091
metroeastgaming.org/hex.htm
sidneyroundwood.blogspot.com/2010/07/super-detailing.html
starfleetgames.com/Jagdpanther Magazine.shtml
mega.nz/#!DoMikKqK!JGM1zs0xFwgigUq5n3w9PJKu8gTDKC1W3UBLZGkt1_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Wargaming Magazines
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Modern Spearhead
The Face Of Battle
General d'Armee (TFL version)
Swordpoint

January the 19th in military history:

649 – Conquest of Kucha: The forces of Kucha surrender after a forty-day siege led by Tang dynasty general Ashina She'er, establishing Tang control over the northern Tarim Basin in Xinjiang.
1419 – Hundred Years' War: Rouen surrenders to Henry V of England, completing his reconquest of Normandy.
1511 – Mirandola surrenders to the French.
1520 – Sten Sture the Younger, the Regent of Sweden, is mortally wounded at the Battle of Bogesund.
1795 – The Batavian Republic is proclaimed in the Netherlands, bringing to an end the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands.
1806 – Britain occupies the Dutch Cape Colony after the Battle of Blaauwberg.
1812 – Peninsular War: After a ten-day siege, Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, orders British soldiers to storm Ciudad Rodrigo.
1817 – An army led by General José de San Martín, crosses the Andes from Argentina to liberate Chile and then Peru.
1839 – The British East India Company captures Aden.
1861 – American Civil War: Georgia joins South Carolina, Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama in declaring secession from the United States.
1862 – American Civil War: Battle of Mill Springs: The Confederacy suffers its first significant defeat in the conflict.
1871 – Franco-Prussian War: In the Siege of Paris, Prussia wins the Battle of St. Quentin.
1915 – German strategic bombing during World War I: German zeppelins bomb the towns of Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn in the United Kingdom, in the first major aerial bombardment of a civilian target.
1917 – Seventy-three people are killed and 400 injured in an explosion in a munitions plant in London.
1941 – World War II: The Greek Triton (Y-5) sinks the Italian submarine Neghelli in Otranto.
1942 – World War II: The Japanese conquest of Burma begins.
1991 – Gulf War: Iraq fires a second Scud missile into Israel, causing 15 injuries.

It is 103 years since German zeppelins bombed the towns of Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn in the United Kingdom, during the First World War. At least 20 people were killed in what was the first major aerial bombardment of a civilian target in history.

Proposals to bomb Britain were first made by Paul Behncke, deputy chief of the German Naval Staff, in August 1914. These were backed by Alfred von Tirpitz, who wrote that "The measure of the success will lie not only in the injury which will be caused to the enemy, but also in the significant effect it will have in diminishing the enemy's determination to prosecute the war". The campaign was approved by the Kaiser on 7 January 1915, who at first forbade attacks on London, fearing that his relatives in the British royal family might be injured. Following an attempt on 13 January which was abandoned because of the weather, the first successful raid took place on the night of 19–20 January.

On the morning of the 19th two German Imperial Navy Zeppelin airships, the L3 and L4, took off from Fuhlsbüttel in Germany. Both airships carried 30 hours of fuel, 8 bombs and 25 incendiary devices. They had been given permission by the Emperor Wilhelm II to attack military and industrial buildings on Humberside.

Zeppelin L6 which took off from Nordholz in Germany was to attack targets in the Thames Estuary but with express orders that there were to be no attacks on London. However engine problems forced the L6 home before reaching the English coast.

Zeppelins L3 and L4 plans to attack the Humber were foiled by bad weather. They were forced to switch their attacks to the coastal towns of Norfolk. They crossed the coast north of Great Yarmouth, with Zeppelin L3 then curving south east towards Great Yarmouth and Zeppelin L4 turning north west towards Kings Lynn. Incendiary bombs were dropped to enable the pilots to navigate to their chosen locations as the Zeppelins never crossed the coast until after dark.

Zeppelin L3 found Great Yarmouth and dropped its bombs killing Samuel Alfred Smith, the first British civilian to be killed by aerial bombardment. Less than a minute later Martha Taylor was the second person killed, and a further three were injured as a result of the attacks by Zeppelin L3 over the course of ten minutes.

When Zeppelin L4 parted company with L3 it followed a route over the coastal villages of Brancaster, Sheringham, Holme-next-the-Sea, Heacham, Snettisham, Dersingham until it finally came to Kings Lynn, bombing as it went. Zeppelin L4 dropped the first bomb to fall on Britain soil at Sheringham, on the north Norfolk coast. Fortunately it did not explode, and was taken away by a local resident, who put the bomb in a bucket. A second bomb was dropped on Sheringham which did detonate but caused no damage. Casualties were inflicted at Kings Lynn where Percy Goate and Alice Gazely were killed. Gazely's husband had been killed in France a few weeks earlier.

Zeppelin L4 was under the command of Kapitanleutnant Count Magnus von Platen-Hallermund, who was born in Vienna on June 7th, 1880. His combat report described a mission which included battles over heavily fortified towns with barrages of anti-aircraft fire. All pure fantasy - not a shot was fired at the Zeppelins. The Count survived the First World War and was killed in an air raid on Hamburg on July 21st, 1943.

Zeppelin L4 was lost over Denmark on February 17, 1915. The ship was damaged by bad weather and was forced to land. As the crew abandoned ship the lightened craft suddenly rose, with four of the crew still on board. Zeppelin L4 and the remainder of the crew were never seen again.

The success of the raids, and the shock they caused, led to a 'Zeppelin panic' across England. An already heated obsession with spies and saboteurs grew to extreme levels. Alarmist stories were broadcast about German agents using car headlights to guide Zeppelins to their targets, and there was even a rumour that a Zeppelin was operating from a concealed base in the Lake District. The attacks would continue in intensity over the next few months, building into what would become the air war on Britain's home front.

The Zeppelin raids have been a popular subject in wargaming for years. It was always a big thing in solitaire gaming, as they could be played out easily single-player with any threats and challenges simulated randomly. Grand Campaigns covering the war from both sides are also well known, especially when modelling the long-term development of strategies and technologies. Usually most games do focus on the later 1917-18 raids when fighter interceptions were more common, but I think a 1915-based game could be challenging enough considering how dangerous it was for Zeppelin crews even without enemy interference.

mediafire.com/file/4ldui4ymn8495d6/S&T 159 - Zeppelin.pdf
mediafire.com/file/7jk1gj4gsz68y0e/Osprey_-_CAM_193_-_The_Zeppelin_Menace_1914-17.pdf
mediafire.com/file/jffkfharjf4a3a8/Osprey_-_VAN_101_-_German_Airships_1900-40.pdf

Has anyone bought the new Conquest Medieval Knights? I've not been able to find any reviews or photos of the sprues. Looking forward to getting some, but knowing the details of what comes in the box would really help.

I have not picked them up yet, but a friend has and we had a look at the bits. It looks good.

Sometime ago an user posted information about this WW2 air combat game called FLAC. Other anons have said good things about it. I bookmarked the site:

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160091

Last night I downloaded FLAC to check it out. Normally I play WoG with my mates, but after looking at FLAC, we want to try playing it this game at the weekend.

There is one problem. We want to use our WoG miniatures, but we do not have a hex play mat. Is there a quick solution to make one of these?

There isn't really a quick way to make a hex mat - if you don't mind paying quite a bit to a print shop, they could probably print you a laminated A0 page (or perhaps even larger). It won't be too cheap though.

You could try a game that doesn't use hexes like Lacquered Coffins - it also allows for very large games and is designed for fast play.

I'd be happy to email you a copy if you're interested, just flick me an email [email protected]

Other Montana user, if you're around, are you not interested in late war?

if you buy them pls take pic of sprue

i just bought a helmet and i have a question for the history buffs here. I saw that many decorated their helmet with some textile bands or feathers. But i cannot find a good source on how that was done. How would you attach a feather to a sallet or a colored band without hampering the mobility of the visor for instance ?

Feathers usually are attached to a mount that fits inside a socket on the helmet, if yours lacks a mounting point then it would have to be added. The textile bands you're talking might be orles or torses, but were not worn with visored sallets as far as I am aware.

Unless you want to have an armourer modify the helmet, you're probably out of luck. Painting is still an option though and not seen nearly enough on reproduction kit.

A few comparison shots with the fireforge knights would be awesome

Man, I never realized they did that. Crazy.

It looks good and prevents rust. Painted helmets were common for a lot of periods, but unfortunately there was a fashion for collectors and museums in the 1800s to remove the paint in order to have polished shining armour for display. If you really want to cry, read about how the heat-treated blued steel and gilding also got scrubbed off suits of armour. It's not that polished steel was not used historically, it's that collectors tried to retcon it to be the only finish on armour.

is the larp general that also covers reenactment and other historical dressing up if you want to talk about how to look good in a sallet.

Just watched 13 Hours. How realistic was it or was it entirely michael bay bullshit.

Asking military types since im a scrawny non american lanklet who will never see military anything

7/10, over the top in a few places, but a decent film telling a story that should be better known. A better film than the average crap made these days.

Agree

got any cool looking painted helms ?

Stick the feather into the orle.

So, I'm trying to make my 10mm Anglo Saxons fit for Field of Glory and a few other rule sets to make finding a game easier since I know no one who's into historicals.

I've run into a bit of a problem though. DB and WMA are pretty loose with depths, but FoG is specific. Even model count per base is specified.

How likely will I upset someone if I don't adhere to FoG's basing standards (using only 40 x 20mm for infantry), model count per base (3-4 mediums on a base looks bare), and scale (since the rule book lists only 15/25/28mm, I'm going to follow the 15mm standards)?

You could also make a Grand Armee version pretty easily

Cheap and relatively quick would be to get a big sheet of paper or cardboard, make a handful of hex templates and have all your friends start tracing hexes until the paper is filled in. It will probably look kinda janky but should be good enough to have a game on.

No, I'd be happy with that too.

The easy way is to pick up a bed sheet (sky blue color) and draw hexes on it.

Check out this site:
metroeastgaming.org/hex.htm

>How likely will I upset someone if I don't adhere to FoG's basing standards

Those basing standards are part of the rules. FoG doesn't require them for shits & giggles, they're there for a reason.

Your question is akin to asking how "important" dice sizes are. So what if the game says to use d6? I'll use d20 because I already have them and it's just dice.

>casualties are on 4+
>use 20 sided dice
game is suddenly BRUTAL

If both player use the same size bases though it shouldn't really matter. If one guy can pack twice as many troops on the same frontage then you'll have trouble

Anyone been able to use their Secret Santa stuff yet?

>If both player use the same size bases though it shouldn't really matter.

That's true. That's also not what he was asking about. He asked if whether another player would be upset if he didn't follow basing requirements for FoG. He wasn't asking about both sides not following basing requirements. As you note, not following the basing requirements could give a player an unfair advantage.

If he wants to play FoG, he needs to follow the basing requirements. It's that simple.

The assault group has its 28mm vehicles up for pre-order for a limited time if anyone needs 8 quid m113s

M113

If only they had modern Russian vehicles...

BRDM

Well, that's unfortunate, but 2 of 3 rule sets ain't too bad and I guess that gives me a reason to make another army.

Thanks.

20mm my comrade in arms, it is the way

I do have a bunch of 20mm modern vehicles, I have some 28mm miniatures I wanted to use for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and a single BTR, BMP or T-60 would be a nice addition

never got into war games, but I sorta get the appeal when I see things like this

As our erstwhile comrades trudge down the road, Specht is collared by an exhausted major and a couple of feldgendarms and thrust back in the direction of the advancing Soviets. The squad has been press-ganged.
Every character adds +2 ammunition to their profile.
Rolling to determine the opposition for this ad-hoc foray, we get:
Once again, we’re facing a band of marauding soviet regulars, driven on by a fanatical hatred of the fascist despoilers.
Once again turning to the Soviet force table, we determine the exact opposition:
3 models with bolt action rifles.
1 model with a submachine gun.
1 model with a sniper rifle.
Lastly, we roll 1d100 to determine the mission type:
Destroy; Carelessly squandered in a poorly conceived counter attack, the punctured hull of a Tiger tank sits abandoned amidst rotting wheat and bloated cattle. The squad is tasked with destroying it before the Soviets can tow it away for study.

Our battlefield is the shell-scarred ruins of a village. Fenced enclosures and stands of trees surround the skeletal frames of burned out houses. The Tiger sits at a crossroads, whitewash blackened by flames and scarred by shell strikes. The upturned remains of a hanomag blocks the road in one direction, a makeshift barricade of farm machinery blocking the other.

The Soviet forces are already dug in around the village, with the sniper scanning the surrounding area from a makeshift fighting platform in a tall fir tree.
Open fields provide scant cover, and the squad ends up darting between the carcasses of dead cattle and crawling down drainage ditches in an effort to remain hidden from the prying Soviets.

Unfortunately, very little remains hidden from the sharp-eyed female sniper, who honed her trade during the vicious city-fighting around Leningrad. Her first shot knocks Bretz off his feet, scattering the remainder of the squad.

Rifle fire from behind the village barricade puts Hummel to flight, leaving Kraus cursing as he struggles to maneuver the cumbersome MG42 into position.

Dropping to a knee, Specht hauls Bretz to his feet and the pair of veterans lead the charge into the centre of the village. The Soviet squad leader is cut in half by the sawing MG42, the attending riflemen falling back towards the sniper’s nest.

Hummel, unchecked in his panicked flight, leaves the combat area and staggers back to towards the retreat column.

While attempting to outflank the sniper and her attending infantry, Saller stumbles upon a well-hidden trapdoor in the floor of a mostly-intact cottage, yielding some valuable provisions.

Bretz and Specht toss the makeshift demolition charges into the Tiger’s open hatches and retire back towards the cratered fields. Saller and Kraus follow close behind, laying down covering fire from rifle and machine gun.

Resource gains/losses:
>Everyone gains +1 stress and exhaustion for participating in the battle.
>Bretz and Specht gain +1 stress for being under fire for 2 consecutive turns.
>Saller, Specht, Kraus and Hummel gain +1 stress for watching a friendly model go out of action.
>+1 Provision for Saller’s successful search roll.
>Specht and Kraus lose -2 ammunition for firing their automatic weapons.
>Bretz, Hummel and Saller lose -1 ammunition for firing their rifles.
>Bretz must roll 1d100 on the Injury table for going out of action during the battle. He suffers a light wound, becoming critically injured for 1 hour and gaining +1 exhaustion.

Even during this shambolic retreat, some semblance of military discipline must be maintained. For his flight, Hummel must roll 1d10 on the Battlefield Discipline table. By some minor miracle, he manages to talk his way out of the deserter’s noose and gains +1 stress.

We roll 3 positive morale dice for successfully destroying the Tiger, scoring 2 successes and reducing the stress of every character by 2. This lucky roll saves several members of the squad from a nervous breakdown.

We roll 1 negative morale dice for Bretz’s encounter with the sniper. This does not generate any additional effects.

Sheltering in the lee of a stationary Maultier tractor, Kraus uncovers a careworn photograph and a few tattered scraps of paper, the last traces of any communication from his family back in Berlin. He reduces his stress by 2.

As another patrol detaches from the shambling column of frozen soldiers, the squad trades their excess ammunition for scraps of horse meat and tinned iron rations to replenish their larder.

With their next meal secure, the squad tucks in with gusto, lending strength to frozen limbs and restoring shattered spirits.
Next, all characters must roll on the General Winter table; Specht, Bretz and Kraus all roll 2d10 and pick the best result because of their winter clothing.
>Specht is overcome by uncontrollable shivering - he gains +1 exhaustion and may only roll Shock dice in the next battle.
>A rime of frost crusts across Bretz’s heavy overcoat, sapping his strength. He gains +1 exhaustion.
>Kraus, burdened by machine gun and ammunition, repeatedly slips and falls, soaking him to the skin. He gains +1 exhaustion.
>The fingers on Saller’s left hand go completely numb and start to blacken at the tip. He is critically injured for 2 hours.
>Hummel is overcome by uncontrollable shivering - he gains +1 exhaustion and may only roll Shock dice in the next battle.

We’ve had a pretty lucky turn - following the battle, most of the squad was on the verge of total collapse from exhaustion or stress but a good morale roll and some savvy bartering have paid dividends.

We don’t need to take any additional actions this turn - the squad is fully equipped and no-one is slowing the group down.

We’re not going to allow anyone to lay up this turn and take the full squad into the next battle.

The squad advances by 16km - for a total of 30km so far. We’re a fifth of the way there.

5 hours pass. Our protagonists have been on the go for 8 hours.

Is all of this 5v5 skirmishes? Is there any way you don't get fucked by the General Winter table?

What rules?

I've had pretty good luck on the force generators - I think the max it can spit out is 6 with various weapons. It's been nice to have even match-ups. But it's still early days - I'm running out of resources so we'll need to start laying people up so we could be taking 2-3 models into a battle.

And no, you always get fucked by the cold.

Five Men in Normandy with the Blitzfreeze campaign supplement.

Does the campaign supplement add a lot?

I own five men at kursk and I didnt recognise half of what you said during your recap

sounds super fun though since im again working on my normandy stuff

Is FiveCore also designed for such low model counts? Are you doing this all on tabletop?

As hard as you're getting fucked by absolutely everything that campaign seems unsustainable... but maybe that's the point.

I've rebuilt the campaign system from the ground up to do one very specific thing. The only thing I took whole cloth was the morale system.

Five Men in Normandy was built around pretty low model counts, so things are gonna be tough with a couple of models, but potentially doable if you're careful.

Yeah, I'm running things in a Roll20 room. And the campaign's supposed to be pretty debilitating.

Ahh I see. Whenever I eventually get shit painted Im going to be running a FMaK campaign as Murricans in Normandy
Given want minis I have itll be 10-15 US army guys and occassional vehicle support vs about the same of mixed fallschirmjager and wehrmacht.

Any advice for running a fivecore campaign?

It's all pretty straightforward - I haven't looked at the campaign stuff in Kursk much, I'm sure it'll be a blast though.

How do the figure counts factor into the rules?

Empress Minis, chap :)

Just play in the US instead of Ukraine. The Rocky Flats facility outside of Denver had a big fire in 1969 (in addition another bad fire in 1957 that released a ton of plutonium too) that the only reason it didn't go full Chernobyl is that a fire truck accidentally backed into an electrical pole and knocked out the power, killing the ventilation system which was drawing the fire upwards and causing the roof to melt. Just assume the roof did melt and Denver had to be evacuated. Add in some mutant rocky mountain wildlife and you're set.

(PS Don't buy real estate in northwest Denver.)

>tfw finish working on some ww2 stuff enough for some solo games
>ww2 is now boring to me and I want to do moderns

Fuck historicals why cant history be a 3 year period only

>tfw you find a gaming shop owned by a british dude with kickass scenery and active hwg and infinity scenes
>all older dudes with good jobs
>full army painter and vallejo sets, winton #7 brushes
>no warhammer

>tfw unemployed twentysomething
>would never fit in somewhere that awesome

feels shit man

I've heard so much about all those fivecore systems. Wish I had someone to try it out with, preferably that trench warfare addon. Has anyone bought it?

>tfw there's literally nothing but warhammer for hundreds of miles
I love 40k but I'm missing out on too much.

They have solo rules in every fivecore book

nothing that fancy, more like pic related. compared to what i usually see around here though...

I'm not sure I trust myself to solo wargame. Feels like I'd ignore obvious choices to help my chosen dudes win.

>Late WW1 Germans
>Lobster armor
>Some forgotten tomb / sarcophagus
I would play that campaign

It's a saint's tomb or something made out of a citadel paladin figure being used as a company command base, if I remember correctly. Courtesy of Sidney Roundwood's blog.

Yeah, here's the blog post.
sidneyroundwood.blogspot.com/2010/07/super-detailing.html

did fallschirmjager and wehrmacht soldiers ever fight together in close vicinity?

Probably in Normandy? Not sure what close proximity is.

it takes a certain personality to solo. you have to put the experience and the little story that plays out above "winning"

the problem i have is
>most my fallschirmjager models have mp40s
>need more with rifles and support stuff
>only thing I have that has this shit is wehrmacht stuff

this is for like skirmish size

You could probably bullshit something just fine for proxies if your group is cool with it. Fallschrimjager remnants attached to a regular wehrmacht unit as an assault group in Normandy during some of the heavy fighting.

That's probably not super strictly factual but who knows.

its for a solo campaign. I can probably bullshit it enough for it to work mostly considerng theres like 10 guys per side and like 2-4 will be wehrmact at any given time.

I can also just like use the FG42s I guess other times

The FG-42 was meant to be used both as a battle rifle and a light support weapon/automatic rifle. I don't know how abstracted your weapons rules are but you could categorize it both with the semi-auto rifles and alongside automatic rifles like the BAR, pretty much on the fly too. In semi-auto the light weight and low recoil help on the assault and in full auto (from the bipod) it fires in open-bolt mode, which helps with high fire-volume cooling. That's two entire weapons classes combined into one.

the system im using has rules for the FG42s and they wouldnt be stupid OP by any means to use.

Another issue is shitty posing and wanting some variation to the enemies since itll be a campaign game. So if it isnt too far fetched to have half a dozen fallschirmjager and a handful of wehrmacht fighting together in normandy itd be nice to do that

Did you just find Game Time Miniatures?

Because it's got:
>owned by a british dude
>kickass scenery
>active hwg scene
>active infinity scene (Dave Seley being the Warcor)
>full army painter and vallejo sets
>winton #7 brushes
>no warhammer allowed on premisis.

>The assault group
Their infantry sculpts are some goofy shit, lol

>>no warhammer allowed on premisis.

That sounds like paradise...

>>no warhammer allowed on premisis.
As much as I love Warhammer the setting, I can't disagree with the sentiment.

Could be more lenient to Necromunda or Shadow War or maybe even Heralds of Ruin. You know, the good skirmish stuff.

Does anyone have pdf scans of the old Jadgpanther magazine?

>So if it isnt too far fetched to have half a dozen fallschirmjager and a handful of wehrmacht fighting together in normandy itd be nice to do that
I have no doubt that situations like this happened, especially in the chaos of the first few days after the landings
Just say the FJ guys were out on their regiment's flank watching a road or something, then when the battle began a passing Heer officer suborned them to his command

Holy shit that's oldschool user
They are on Drivethru RPG though, take a look at this:
starfleetgames.com/Jagdpanther Magazine.shtml

Does anyone else have a hard time trying to download the Armies of the USA book from the Bolt Action folder? It keeps crashing unlike all the other pdfs.

Try a different link user
mega.nz/#!DoMikKqK!JGM1zs0xFwgigUq5n3w9PJKu8gTDKC1W3UBLZGkt1_M

>too large to open in browser
Dang it.

U W0T

>Holy shit that's oldschool user

Oldschool ain't the half of it. Fuck, I'd completely forgot about that mag until you two brought it up. A friend of mine had a single issue waaayyyyyyyyy back when that included variants for SPI's Mech War 77. We used them and groused about not owning most of the other titles mentioned in it. IIRC, there were some Rifle&Saber variants that seemed absolutely fascinating despite the fact that none of us had ever seen the game!

The LGS i frequent to is right next door to a dedicated Warhammer LGS store.

Funny many WH40K players started playing Bolt Action.

>Funny many WH40K players started playing Bolt Action.

I believe that BA was specifically designed to lure in WH40K players. I also believe that design choice was is a GOOD thing.

>leaves Games Workshop
>made Bolt Action
>steal your wh40k player base

what a man

Never played Bolt Action, what's it like?

>Never played Bolt Action, what's it like?

I don't care for it, but then again I've been playing since the 70s so my tastes aren't a good yardstick. An old crusty grog like me wants and needs something different than a new player just scraping WH40K off their shoes.

I think it's a fine introductory historical wargame. It's learning curve isn't too steep, it's relatively cheap to buy into, it introduces many historical gaming concepts without going too overboard into "rivet counting", and it has plenty of the "twee" bits someone fresh from WH40K thinks a wargame should have. BA is great for what it is and I regularly recommend it to those new to historical wargaming.

Check it out. I very sure you won't be disappointed.

It's just a statless version of warhammer 40k 3rd ed (which Alessio wrote in the first place) with a ww2 skin. The 40k grogs who rue the day GW ruined 40k by releasing a new edition they don't like are one of its main target markets.

Does anyone make a 10mm scale Panzerwerfer 42? No luck with the 3 in the OP list of providers.

Any suggestions for a proxy?

Purchases eina half tracken. Cobble together der boomerwerfer with ein coffe strawen

sure. all the time actually.

In Crete there were Gebirgsjäger among the first glider landing troops for example.

Some are pretty decent though.

Don't forget the random unit activation with the order dice.
This mechanic alone is what sold BA to me.

>no warhammer 40k allowed on premisis.
ftfy

lol snorehammer fanboys itt