Weird and creepy angels

Let's have a thread. Non-humanoid and non-beastial angels are especially welcome.

Demons are fine too.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=demons torso face medieval art&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS708US708&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9496xyeTYAhVLKqwKHUB5B1sQ_AUICigB&biw=1309&bih=732
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have a cute one

I don't have much in the way of angels or demons but if you're collecting weird looking creatures, have a Cthulhu

Mega evolutions are getting ridiculous.

Have you tried to Kill Six Billion Demons?

Non Human angels you say

requesting anything that could be considered an angel of blood or slaughter. preferably male

I've always been partial to Ophanim.

>posts edgy demon from lol
>when edgy angel is avaiable

Is this some Yobanetta shit?

This looks like one of those comics with mindblowing art, but a terrible artist-written story that you need to struggle through in order to enjoy the art.

KSB is pretty good

>”FEAR NOT”
>[PANICKED SCREAMING INTENSIFIES]

>"HELLO TINY HUMANS, DO NOT BE AFRAID!"
>voice sounds like a million trumpets singing hymns to the lord which somehow form the distorted sounds of words
>being afraid intensifies

>Become a cleric, they said
>Angels aren’t as terrifying as demons, they said
>It’s not like you’ll shit yourself when one pops up, right

Apparently, some versions of Exodus feature Cherubim as fire-breathing copper serpents. I wonder if there's art out there of this interpretation

>Cherubim as fire-breathing copper serpents
Are they just dragons?

Huh, I suppose

mer

This'll be perfect for wacked out God Machine angels

best boy coming through

Pretty sure cherubim were the four-faces+four-wings ones

It's not a master piece, but I wouldn't call it terrible or even bad. At least the antagonists are fun.

Okay cool but get rid of the stupid kid in front of him.

Gravity Falls was a mistake.

Awesome

It’s the kind of story where everything is kind of passable, not mind blowing but okay and then there’t MC who stinks.

Bleach did this

Russian angel?

I made this for you.

Wat?
This one makes me scratch my head and have questions.

Eh, 4/10 on the spoopy Scala, mostly just a weird moth.

Reminder that the team of Evangelion Dinos put in foreign symbols into their anime because they though it would make it more exciting. A lot of symbolism is by accident or by fantards.

That's par the course for demons too, dunno why angels deserve a special exemption

Sahaquiel O'Neal

In a sea of weebshit this actually looks epic.

I think that's how a lot of Japanese stuff is, which is not to say that Eva and other Japanese shit doesn't have symbolism or deeper meaning, but it's usually pretty surface level, and the other shit is just there as a backdrop/conceit. Eva is pretty obviously about depression and growing up and shit, but the metaphor pretty much ends there.

Woe be he that mistakes the rider for the steed.

>Beware Af for his bloody hands are not his own they are yours.

Would it be weird/creepy to have my angels always appear as white animals, never in any kind of humanoid form?

I just thought it was a semi-unique way to do angels, I actually hate the lovecraftian angel meme.

>lovecraftian
no

>May the Creator grace you

Can't really go wrong with Pete Mohrbacher

>lovecraft
No angels have really fucking crazy as depictions in actual Christian literature, as well with the variety of other religions from the regions, especially older ones.

Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Islam, ancient Canaanite religions, and WAY more.

A lot of these are also coming from the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, which includes Persona games. It's "kinda pokemon" but with demons and other mythological and religious figures.

>spoiler
It's hardly a meme considering that's how they were in the Bible. is an illustration of how some old testament angels appeared.

My focus is a weird one, I want to see more works with weird eldritch angels, but not as an excuse to make them the villans

Same! Angels which combine their existence as a force for true and incomparable good and the impossibility of their form combine beautifully if you ask me.

sounds good to me user

Strangely enough it's not. The artist is even working on game rules for the universe that don't look bad. It's not the most amazing thing but it's at least a weekly update, some of the best art, and a decent story.

Does anyone have that long picture of all angel choruses that starts normal-ish at the bottom then work they way to weirder as you go up? I've been looking for that one.

This?

Yes, thank you. I'm thinking of a setting that has angels somewhere in between New and Old Testament style

my nigga.

>reminder that no matter how incomprehensible an angel may seem. No matter how impossible and terrifying, this is the best they can do least the reflected light of god destroy you

>Frame a situation to put a target under optimal fear and stress. Hormone secretions increase. Manipulate situation to a position where they will connect familiar visual, olfactory and auditory cues to their immediate environment. Place, smell, degree of stress, sights and sounds match fulcrum point. Hormone secretions increase further.

>The result is hallucinations, momentary or sustained. Hearing sounds, seeing things, smelling something, where none truly exist. Fight or flight response feeds need for escapism. A hallucination serves as the first step into a daydream.

>The stone is thrown.

I think you're mixing up a couple different references.

"Seraph" is used in the Old Testament to refer to venomous snakes, due to the burning sensation of their bite (the Hebrew word שָׂרָף literally just means "burning"). This usage is actually more common than the usage in reference to angelic beings; the name "seraph" to refer to such angels in Isaiah is more a descriptive name given to something being described for the first time.

And as to the "copper" bit, you're probably thinking of the bronze serpent sculpture God commanded be fashioned and mounted on a pole to save the Israelites from the bites of said "seraph" snakes during their wandering in the desert. (Numbers 21:4-9). In later times this bronze serpent was called "Nehushtan" (literally "brazen thing" or "piece of brass"), and idolatrously worshipped by the Israelites.

What exactly is Russian about it? The style looks more Egyptian to me.

Coloration.

There is at least a neat bit of symbolism in the naming of the Evas and the angels.

The short form "Eva unit" references Eve, hinting at the notion of motherhood, which foreshadows the fact that Eva-01 is made from the soul of Shinji's mom.

And the full word, "Evangelion", literally means "good angel", pointing to the fact that the Eva units are artificial angels made to fight against the other angels.

Ah, I see now.

dude, you couldn't be more wrong. it's pretty fucking great on plot and art. abbadon knows what he's doing.

I've always loved the image of the falling/fallen angel, I'm not sure why though

I was thinking the same thing.

>God Machine angels
Oh right, I forgot that was a thing in NWoD. Yeesh.

Machine Elf

done

Crazy insane spooky angels are the canon ones user. They specifically only appear in humanoid form as to not blow out the back of our heads.

You definitely know de wey brudda. But I honestly don't think there is much difference between a machine elf and an angel, They kinda blend at some point.

So the rings and multiple animal faces are from ezekiel, but where does this ”face in the torso” and ”biting down on a gold rod” theme come from?

Pretty sure torso faces were originally a demonic theme, you see alot of demons in medieval art with faces in weird parts of their bodies, usually torsos/stomachs.

google.com/search?q=demons torso face medieval art&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS708US708&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9496xyeTYAhVLKqwKHUB5B1sQ_AUICigB&biw=1309&bih=732

I've always loved Shaman King's car angels

go for it