Fantasy RPG

>No dnd or Pathfinder
Hey Veeky Forums what good fantasy tabletop do you recommend? I would like a bit of crunch but nothing that requires a calculator. Fluff doesn't matter too much when I can just home brew a world. Also, a game that will help my players make truly unique characters. No more dumb warriors or flirtatious bards.

Mytrhas/BRP/Runequest six for gritty, Conan/Farfhard and the Grey mouser or The First Law kinda of worlds. It's solid, rules for a bit of everything and it's a solid, easy to learn system. Skill based in d100, roll under to pass.
You can get as granular as you want or as sketchy using mooks, or both if you like.
It's shame it isn't talked more desu.

Expanding on Mythras Classic Fantasy is my favorite for tactical gritty (yet fair) adventuring. The character generation all but requires unique characters or at least organic ones.

Have you two played Burning Wheel? I was sort of leaning towards that because the character creation looked really interesting.

Not my cup of tea to be honest, the character creation was a pain and I didn't enjoy the combat that much. WIth some competent GM can be fun to play I'm sure.

I really like Burning Wheel, it does require everyone to be invested in fully fleshing out their characters though so it's not for everyone.

Fantasycraft is d&d but without any of the dumb obligations of the brand. Crunch, balance, out of combat function. Setting agnostic.

Dungeon World is best world

I haven't played either of them because no one plays anything but D&D but Godbound and Shadow of the Demon Lord seem pretty good.

Godbound is based on very old D&D systems but is about literal demigods who start off at a high power level and have divine powers and cults and shit, basing it on OSR seems like a weird choice but it has to be more functional than Exalted which it's sometimes compared to due to thematic similarities.

Shadow of the Demon Lord is made by someone who previously worked on all WotC edition of D&D, actually learned from their mistakes and made a system that doesn't cling to sacred cows of bad design. I really like the class system, which has three tiers of classes for players to choose from and gives them a way to have lots of character customization without dumpster diving through hundreds of shitty feats and stuff. The fluff tries too hard to be grimdark and edgy (inb4 someone brings up the spell that makes people shit themselves to death), but there's no reason you couldn't change that for your own campaign.

I looked at Burning Wheel because I'd heard about how good it was, but I realized that even if I managed to read all that there's no way I'd ever get four other people to. It just seems way too complex.

Shadow of Demon Lord sounds insanely cool. Gotta find a PDF for that one.

Yeah it's a shame because Burning Wheel looks pretty great. I wouldn't mind being a PC if someone dmed it.

What is the difference between Mythras and Runequest Six?

You're gonna have to explain Shadow of the Demon Lord's appeal to me, because I looked it up once... and holllly fuuuuck the autism. Tables for fucking EVERYTHING. The class section alone makes me want blow my brains out. And this is coming from someone who used to play Pathfinder and deal with THAT autism.

WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY 2E

BE A RATCATCHER WITH A FUNNY SMELL

BE A BANDIT WITH A HANGNAIL

LIVE THE DREAM

To me Dungeon World always felt unfocused, it seems generic enough to run different kinds of game but didn't do any one thing well enough to justify it over other options.

>I looked at Burning Wheel because I'd heard about how good it was, but I realized that even if I managed to read all that there's no way I'd ever get four other people to. It just seems way too complex.
One important thing about Burning Wheel is that the rules are largely modular, meaning that for a group still learning the game you only need to use 48 pages plus the character creation rules. All the other mechanics can be introduced as you play.

Symbaroum

The tables you have seen are optional shit for random effect rolls. You can safely ignore any table that says 'roll dX', and the book's gonna look much better.

Also, what's wrong with Paths? They are all made using a single template, and have decency to wrap up their write ups in a couple of paragraphs, unlike some other games, ahem.

i like the stylish helmet of the guy in the background.

Is actually a girl, the one with the helmet.

That's the one that's all based around some forest right? I really don't like this new fad of hyper-focused RPGs.

I personally recommend Dungeon Fantasy RPG. It's built off of a pared down version of Gurps that gets rid of most of the confusion and option paralysis while still maintaining a lot of flexibility and good mechanics. It's also 100% compatible with regular Gurps so if there's something you'd like official rules for that's outside DF's scope then one of the other books almost certainly have you covered. My only gripe is the magic system. Gurps has several and they essentially picked the lamest one to include by default.

It's a big forest. Medium euro country sized at least. It also details the area beyond that, the forest is just the main location for traditional "adventuring"

Basic Fantasy RPG is a good D&D retro-clone if you want something with a classic feeling.

Savage Worlds does fantasy of all kinds well, just depends on what options you flip on and off.

Fantasy Craft is supposedly good, though I haven't run it.

Oh yeah, 13th Age is good if you like your games high powered and epic, for lack of a better word.

I heard it was based on 4e. Is there any chance that someone who hated 4e would like it?

If you hated 4e, this probably won't be your thing. I mean, there's not auto-resolve roleplaying stats. but some of the foibles of 4e are still there.

They're the same. RQ6 got renamed Mythras when the license got yanked. Mythras has some rule clarifications and some slight tweaks over RQ6, at the cost of throwing layout down the drain.

>Fantasy Craft
Tried to understand it. It's way too complex for me and my simple monkey brain.

Zweihander is a great game. All the charm of Warhammer Fantasy, but with non of the autism. Classes are a bit more favorable & each race has a small list of randomly determined abilities so even two humans/dwarves/whatever feel distinct.

Career system is really nice, though i wish the starting equipment had a few more guidelines.

Was a shame really, I prefer Mythras to Runequest, but I also love glorantha.

SenZar's intended for heavy metal album cover sort of shit.

Try out Mythus, it really has a different feel than most games you will play today.

Runequest.

Dračí Doupě
everything else is for posers

>převaha mágů nad ostatními povoláními ještě horší než v D&D

nikdy nezapomenu na svého prvého hrdinu
Barbar Kouzelník

The One Ring.
Fellowship
Tenra Basho Zero.
Trollbabe.
Fall of Magic.