/wfg/ - Warhammer Fantasy general

How come your mom lets you have 2 cold ones edition.

Previous thread: >Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/bgy1rqd6

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

I was thinking of converting my Ravening Hordes Chorf army to the 8th edition, would this work?

Sorcerer Prophet 265
Level 4 35
The Mask of Furnace 65
Earthing rod 25

Daemonsmith sorcerer 95
Level 2 35
Dispel Scroll 25
Dragonhelm 10
Opal Amulet 15

Infernal Castellan 105
BSB 25
Talisman of Preservation 45
Enchanted Shield 5

20 Infernal Guard 240
Great weapons 60
Full command 32
Standard of Swiftness 15

20 Infernal Guard 240
Great weapons 60
Full command 32

15 Infernal Guard 180
Blunderbusses 90

4 Bull Centaur Renders 180
Shields 20
Great Weapons 40
Standard bearer 10
Razor Standard 45
Ba'hal 10

Deathshrieker Rocket 100

Deathshrieker Rocket 100

Dreadquake Mortar 195

/wfg/, what was the last WFRP game you were in (or maybe you're in one right now), and what character did you play?

t. PRINCE AND EMPEROR

I played a Protagonist. The campaign ended with the entire party kicking a merchant to death.

Looks pretty good. I would add a K'daai Destroyer though.

I was the gm
I was playing "teach the players the mechanics by making them fight a bear or two, laugh as they run at it weapons swinging and die, then ground hogs day it to make a plan before they actually go at it"
They convinced a drunk who had forgotten his name that his name was, in fact, Adolf Hitler. This drunk would then be sacrificed as a meatshield against the bear.
One of the players also ran over and killed an old lady with his horse because he tried to rush it through a crowd.
That's how my last session ~6 months ago went, haven't ran another yet since I didn't have a physical rule book back then. In the process of planning one now.

Both of these seem to be perfectly in line with what a WHFRP campaign should be like.

I'm sticking to the old style chaos dwarfs.

Do all Witch Elves eventually turn Aeskhaine or can they avoid that fate?

They don't, since you are in the wrong thread for multiple reasons.

New Avatars of War releases. An Ogre, a druid/Chaos wizard, and a female Slayer plus a High Elf Princess!

Kithband warrior. A long time ago.

I think this guy doubles for multiple factions as a LoL Wizard or a Chaos dude.

Gargoyle's halberd?

Sorry, I’m not sure what that means. Google says Dark Souls, but images say that’s nothing to do with it.

Sorry.

Her weapon looks like one of the old metal Slayer ones though.

How'd your career progress look, user?

Currently playing a Kithband warrior from Laurelorn in a friend's campaign. Sorta playing the wilnderness guide of the group (which has no reason to stick together really but that's what you get when everyone makes a character independently of the rest).

what unit is this supposed to be? Seems to be too much of a mishmash of good and poor equipment

It's some sort of modded Bretonnian unit, Sergeants or something. I don't use whatever mod it is myself, but it's creative - it's the kind of stuff I'd like to use to make the vanilla units a bit more interesting.

Are maurader horsemen worth their cost?

that ones pretty neat for a fluff marauder themed woc list

yeah mang, fast skirmisher cav/redirectors are always worth their cost if you use em right

not him but it looks like the weapon is alive and can be flung/used like a flail essentially, similiar to the namesake dark souls weapon.

armoured bret peasants? it's lore rape dood

Mark of Khorne marauders. Maybe give them throwing axes: they are always worth their cost, but with Frenzy they may not shoot much.

Chain weapons were a mistake.

Great, except the helmet is wrong.

It's not a warhammer high elf, it's 100% OC 9th Age Highborn Elf

Why the fu*k did Arkhan choose to be a dusty stink dirty ass dickless skeleton instead of a vampire? Couldn't he have asked to keep his skin and organs and not be a ugly skeleton

>9th Age
Gross

A noble can dress whatever armor she wants

T9A Elves still have pointy ‘eadz.

Vampirism was only a partial success, and Arkhan was already old and in poor health. Better off just going regenerating bone.

>when you only have boring R&F models left to paint and no cash to buy new exciting characters
This Empire army is almost done. Only 30 spearmen left.

>rotting corpse vs spooky scary skeleton
Cmon step up your game user

but does Arkhan have to suck blood to sustain himself?
checkm8 vampireshits

You have to be alive to become a vampire and Arkhan had already been killed by the priest kings by the time Neferata came up with the elixir.

Ignoring the fact that Men-at-Arms have been wearing light armor for a long time, and peasant bowmen could too, and Grail Pilgrims had armor as well, CA made it so that Foot Squires existed, even if that's a bit of a headache.

What's wrong with it?

>People do nothing but whine and moan about how shit GW rules are
>GW kills your game and setting
>Fans try to keep it alive
>New fan rules are not done by GW
>People whine and moan about how the new rules are shit cause GW didn't write them

It's just the never ending circle of whining that accompanies every single game or really anything.
You can't please everyone, but people who aren't pleased always take it personal.

People were first unhappy it removed randomness, then because it was changing rules slightly to be its own game.

They fucked core choices, essentially removing all cav armys for multiple factions.
It is less balanced than 8e, both internally and externally.
It's incredibley anti -End Times to the point that no ET unit was added to the list, but it has its own shitty unit inventions.

Working on a zombie unit filler

Nice!

thanks, gosh thats a horrible pic but I'd just finish first round of zombie flesh wash's and phone on 1% haha.

I really wanted to do the classic zombies coming up out of the ground thing (and who would say no to 4 more zombies)

>Those tomb king diplomatic dialog options
>something to the effect of "Let our lich priests compare demands while we walk over and spook some mortals."
YES, GOD YES!

Has anyone raided GW to recover this lost book yet?

Such is the life of a grognard. So be it.

>People whine and moan about how the new rules are shit cause GW didn't write them
The cult of GW worship is annoying though. I get that we all want an agreed upon, well known game to use to have pickup games with strangers at the store. Obviously that is good, but the nuts who defend everything GW does or pick fights to defend Age of Sigmar's bizarre rules choices are exhausting to deal with and you can't convince them to try anything else either. Like, nigger you play a shit game you don't get to insult any other game ever. You don't get to complain about balance in tic tac toe.

Would something like this make a good K'daii destroyer model? For that matter, how do people in general feel about third party models?

You really need a slave Ogre for your Dreadquake Mortar. Also, fireglaves are usually better/more cost efficient than blunderbusses, especially if the blunderbuss unit is under 20 models.

3rd party is cool with just about anyone who doesn't have to rely on the local GW store to get a game or plays GW organized tourneys or games at warhammer world.
So basically everybody who doesn't get paid to care doesn't care.

model looks fine. I've seen somebody recommend this model too.

Oh yeah, and since GW doesn'ts support WHFB officially anymore you can't even play it in the stores anyway, so it's basically a given that you can use whatever you want at this point imo.
They don't even sell Bretonnia or Tomb Kings anymore, so fuck them.

Here's a GW model that could fit the bill though.

Do they seriously sell it with a base that small?

Ah lads, it's shit having a job. I can't keep up with /wfg/ anymore.

That looks awful. That kind of retarded design belongs in Age of Smeg.

>the chad Sigvald
>the virgin Archaon

> Black Fire Ass

I don't want what you're selling.

That is a pretty far out Orc depiction. I really like it. It seems a lot more alien and bestial than other orc pictures.

It may have been a specific character, maybe not. We may never know. The book was nearly finished but never published, but the art was great.

well /aosg is dead

shouldnt one of you remake it or are you still pretending that whfb is still relevant?

> When you pay Adrian Smith thousands of Pounds for artwork and never use it.

Fucking brilliant.

I don't think GW was ever the brightest at business, even when they tried to focus more on business.

Shouldn't his foot be in the hoop?

No, it belongs in Oldhammer.

If it doesn’t look fuckugly, it isn’t a Slayer.

Miscast yerself.

What are you on about, he has a morning star.

The other model has two fucking axe heads on flails, it's neither practical nor good looking.

>the chad Valten
>the virgin Archaon-chan

Pic related is an actual old GW Slayer model as well.

Chain axes aren’t a new idea, its just nobody thought about it because
1) Its fucking Dwarf Slayers, they have a warmachine that throws axes, its not that strange.
2) “Dwarf Slayer With Chain Axes” isn’t as silly as “Khornite Bloodsecrators With Chain Aexes”.

Please tell me this isn't supposed to be a Averland mountain guard, he looks like a covered in shit Bretonnian.

I'm going to need some evidence because that does not look like a GW design.

Also, why are you so adamant to defend axes on chains?

It may have been a member of a free company, but I'm not sure we'll know until someone finds the book.

Badlander in an area of the border princes full of cultists and templars, just trying to get away with robbing less lucky folks and readying an alibi for when the hedge wizard inevitably gets caught.

thats great

This is all I have. Some of these may have been generic, others may have been new named characters. I feel like this one in particular may fall into the latter category.

Book was going to have Reikland, Averland, and Dwarfs team up against a massive Greenskin army. Don't have Dwarf art but the Thunderbarge was rumored to be included. Being a FW book, models would have likely been made.

Storm of chaos supplement. Better angle too, shows the really good dwarven proportions. I would love to get my hands on a few doomseekers.

At least post them with a modern paintjob.
And then compare with the utterly expressionless fyreslayers.

So what happened to Albion?

Alright fair enough. I still believe it to be a shit design though and I can see why they discontinued them.

It's Abli-gone.

I know that Bretonnian knights see the Empire and it's nobles and knights as not being proper nobles or knights. But why aren't they proper? Many have long heritages older than Bretonnia, and most Imperial knights seem to at least loosely follow some chivalric code or cult doctrine.

Empire knights aren’t against fighting on good, employing unchivarlous tactics like flanking and guns

Therefore they are knaves.
On that note here is a unchivarlous knaves list I’ll be using tomorrow

++ Standard (Empire - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.2.) [1118pts] ++

+ Special +

Demigryph Knights [204pts]: Champion, 3x Inner Circle Knight, Lance, Musician, Standard Bearer

+ Core +

Knightly Orders Inner Circle [355pts]: Champion, 13x Knightly Orders Inner Circle, Lance and Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer

+ Uncategorised +

- Army Size: Army (0-2999 points)

+ Rare +

Steam Tank [250pts]

+ Heroes +

Captain of the Empire [154pts]: Full Plate Armour, Shield
. Battle Standard Bearer: AB - Steel Standard
. Magic Items: BRB - Seed of Rebirth
. Warhorse: Barding

Luthor Huss, Prophet of Sigmar [155pts]

++ Total: [1118pts] ++

Captain sits with empire knights, luthor with demigryphs.
how many steam points should you be generating with steam tank per turn, I have never used one before

actually just read that demigryphs themselves don't benefit from warrior priest's hatred. SO he's going with the knights

It looks like a good army if your scene is casual and friendly (which I assume it is if you were using RH before) but CD do best when they camp back and fire artillery.

> Steam tank
> In 1200 point game

Yes that is rather un-chivalrous.

So you're only going to have essentially 3 units on the field.
Rather dangerous.

For the Steam Tank, just try to generate 5 every turn. There's no real downside, especially early in the game when it has full wounds.
Use 3 steam points when you can for your movement. Especially if you think you can hit your enemy unit. D6+3D3 Str 6 impact hits that they can't react to, since Steam Tonk moves during the Compulsory Moves sub-phase.

I tried to build an army list using BattleScribe and I got an error telling me that the total number of points I spend on magic items for all characters cannot exceed 100. Is this true? Is it really a 100 shared point limit for all characters or 100 per character?

It's 100 per character and 100 to 50 on magical banners depending on the unit. So that is wrong.