/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

The Last and the First edition

Last thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurel_wreath
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

word bearers a shit

>alpha legionary infiltrates dark angels on caliban
>he's a loyalist pretending to be a traitor pretending to be a traitor pretending to be a loyalist

Some number for best primarch

When do you guys decide your army is big enough? I definitely have over 150 Marines but I’m not sure where to stop.

Once I've filled every slot. I've had this philosophy with all my armies. I never extend my armies beyond what I can field in a single go (excluding Unbound, etc.) So I don't get 15 elites and 3 Troops, or units I couldn't field with the RoWs/FOCs I plan on using.

Of course 6e and beyond it screwed it over a bit, since you were able to extend beyond the FOC, not to forget that I play IG in 40k and in 8th my platoons have just exploded across the FOC slots.

An army is never truly finished.

I feel this.

I just collect until I don’t want to anymore. So far this has left me with 160 Imperial Fists and I still have ideas to go through.

What? The new Space Wolves get redesigned? Why the Space Wolves? Oh Forge World...

What are you on about?

Let him ramble on.

You haven't heard of it? The Space Wolves are being reworked.
But all those who say that they are not beautiful should look at the other models.

>Misericordia
>8th edition: stats like a power sword and grants an extra attack at S(user) AP-3 even if not the used weapon
>Horus Heresy: still no rules even a year later
For fuck's sake, FW, get your shit together!

>The Space Wolves are being reworked.
Uh-huh. FW is sure to redo a kit they *just* released, throwing the cash for the mould right out the window. That seems sensible.

FW is literally dragging their feet to delay their Custodes for 8e out of butthurt, and using dead fucking Bligh as an excuse. I have no faith in that shitty company.

Maybe he thinks the 30k wolf guard is a redesign of the old, pre-HH conversion kit for indomitus?

How did you come to that conclusion?

Because they've shown at multiple previous open days that they're upset with how GW takes their stuff and forces mandates upon them, so it's not a stretch to say it's just revenge on GW. And any time you try to point out flaws in the company, such as on their facebook, they hide behind a dead man. Awful.

So, the stream yesterday mentioned that all the custodes gear is really ancient (obviously).
So how would you stat Castellan Axes and Balistus Launchers, since they obviously were around during the heresy.

The preator is no longer available for sale from FW. :/

It's just out of stock.

Doesn't Ixion Hale come with the axe?

Grenade launchers are probably a Grenade Harness that never runs out.

just use them for the different spear options desu

Those just change the gun, the blade on all is the same.

Ixion Hale has a paragon spear.

But it's the same gun with a different blade instead of the spear variants, where it's the other way round.

Then make it like an axe. If the spear uses power spear rules by having extra strength and AP on the charge, then the axe should have a fixed strength boost and an even better AP. Like make it Unwieldy, +1 Str. and AP1

>comparing tartaros with cataphractii

Are you ok?

>paragon blade

That doesn't come with a gun.

>upside: the grenade launcher is a seperate bit
>downside: the arms are *really* limited
Not sure how easy arms will be to replace with regular spare custodes arms...

I don't get it.

Paragon spear then.

Wonder if a MkIII lightning claw will be big enough for that arm... It'd be an easy way of making proper eagle talon power fists.

Only an option for the Shield-Captain, though.

Cut the arm off below the elbow and the lightning claw just behind the gauntlet and it should be fine.
It worked fine for my Shield-Captains, I don't see why it shouldn't work for the slimmer mkIII claws.

Are you feeling ok?

I am angry, angry about wolves.

Custodes with twin solarite gauntlets/lightning claws.

Why does this arouse me so much?

Tell me more of this.

It's a shame he's by far the worst shield-captain I have, isn't it? I once in a while try to give him another chance, but he's terrible.

Fuck, I love fresh sprues.

Why's that? Does he never make his points back or something?

Fluff wise I know the custodes have their own division of covert-ops/assassins and I like the idea of a 9 foot tall murder machine appearing out of nowhere.

>I don't see why it shouldn't work for the slimmer mkIII claws.

Terminators tend to be bigger with bigger fists. I don't want them to look small.

>not collecting 100,000+ marines
Poorfags I swear.

Solarite Talons are shitawful weapons when compared to most of the weapon option a Shield-Captain has access to at S+1 Ap3 Melee, Shred, MC.
The Paragon Spear offer better Ap, equal or better S, a strong gun and more practical special rule while the Solarite Gauntlet makes you punch at S10 Ap1 and can be coupled with the insanely strong Praesidium Shield.

Aquilon gauntlets and talons are pretty slim as well, you know?

Probably with another BaC. I've already gotten a BaC+BoP, plus some vehicles. Plus one more, and a bit more armor support, my force will start becoming difficult to readily transport.

Aquilets are also Centurion sized.

>And any time you try to point out flaws, they hide behind a dead man. Awful.

Much like loyalist dogs.

Oh Snap!

Meanwhile traitors can only blame themselves for their constant failures.

Did Crysos Morturg kill Durak Rask?

KEK

what is the most basic bitch army. Like what does everybody play

Loyalist Iron Warriors.

How bad are Librarians?

I made one with a Force Axe and I honestly wonder if I should even bother ever fielding him.

the Salamanders stuff looks fine.

just based on here I feel like:

1. Loyalist bitter bois
2. stern bois
3. Custodes
4. people asking about Alpha Legion color schemes

Cusstodes

Loyalist Iron Warriors Pride of the Legion using only Calth models.

Which legion in your opinion has the most god-awful fluff?

My Leviathan has Flamers, a Storm Cannon, and Phosphex; what is typically better for this loadout?

A drill or claw?

Is Sigismund good?

Literally one of the best fighters in the game.

Dude just don't challenge him, just walk away nigga

Night Lords.

Enjoy playing canonically worst astartes who appear to have LD6 or less and can't fight anything unless they outnumber them 10:1. Also your Primarch is a whiny bitch and all of your leaders have the competency of kids' show bullies.

It's like paying a legion of Team Rocket these days.

Eh, dies consistently in a challenge to some Mechanicum character who doesn't even have a model.

2/10 would not make my champion nor death's.

For resin the cost isn't in the mold, that's only rubber, so that's cheap. The master models are the expensive part for resin, and I suspect redoing those is not that easy.

I think my biggest criticism of them aside from the cartoonish evil vibe is that they're essentially a 'shock and terror' legion. Which the World Eaters and Space Wolves (and sorta the AL) already fill to various degrees.

They're not as savage as the World Eaters.
They're not as nuanced and terrifying as the Alpha Legion.
They're not as dreaded as the legion-killing Vlka.
They're not as sneaky as the Raven Guard.

they're really just the lowest common denominator of Astartes recruits that are little more than Terran/Nostroman psychopaths. No wonder Curze hated them.

Anyone?

Drill if you encounter a lot of av14, otherwise stay with claw

Is Severing Cut really that good?

If you face castellax, otherwise take the drill if you're not 5points short, as armorbane is a nearly guaranteed penetration against every vehicule

Fine, but not good. And they have the same problems what the sw have. They must cast 5 different legs for a unit, why they cant modeling different trimmings?

stern bois?

Ophion was decent.

I'd say paint until you don't feel like it. Paint everything you MIGHT need. For example, paint every possible sergeant, with every possible loadout. That alone should keep you busy. Then move onto vehicles.

Is that eagle from the Stormcast line or do Custodes come with their own pet eagles?

Stormcast. I use a few of them for Familiars as well.

the cartoonish evil vibe IS their niche AND their main appeal

Hell, they can't even complain that recruiting thugs, gangers and general scum from a semi-feral industrial planet was the problem, because the luna wolves/SOH did that as well and ended up as one of the best legions.

The Nostramans were basically that but cranked up to 11. They were loads worse than other Legion recruits because most NL accepted that culture and just rolled with it.

The Luna Wolves had discipline and rule of law. Curze just let his boys shank each other for promotions.

Can I get some feedback on this list idea?

3000pt Night Lords
Pride of the Legion ROW

HQs:
-Praetor (Tartaros armour, Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, Combi-Volkite Charger, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Trophies of Judgement, Teleportation Transponder) 217
-Chaplain (Tartaros armour, Nostraman Chainglaive, Combi-Bolter, Teleportation Transponder) 130
-Damocles Command Rhino (Dozer Blade) 105

Elites:
-Contemptor Cortus Dreadnought Talon (3 Cortus Dreadnoughts each with dual DCCWs, Extra Armour and 2 Graviton Guns) 510

Troops:
-10 man Machine Killers Veteran Squad (2 Melta Guns, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-Vox, Vexilla, Sarge with Artificer Armour and Combi-Melta) in a Rhino (Dozer Blade, Multi-Melta) 310
-10 man Snipers Veteran Squad (2 Plasma Guns, Nuncio Vox, Vexilla, Sarge with Artificer Armour and Combi-Plasma) in a Rhino (Dozer Blade, Multi-Melta) 285
-10 man Tartaros Terminator Squad (5 Lightning Claws, 2 Chainfists, 2 Powerfists, 2 Plasma Blasters, Teleportation Transponders, Sarge with Nostraman Chainglaive and Grenade Harness) 435
-10 man Tartaros Terminator Squad (5 Lightning Claws, 2 Chainfists, 2 Powerfists, 2 Plasma Blasters, Teleportation Transponders, Sarge with Nostraman Chainglaive and Grenade Harness) 435
-6 man Tactical Support Squad (6 Flamers) 115

Fast Attack:
-Javelin Speeder (Multi Melta, 2 HK Missiles) 75

Heavy Support:
-Sicaran Arcus (Armoured Ceremite, Dozer Blade) 230

2997/3000

Support Squad in the Damocles, termis in reserve deep striking on the voxes or Damocles. Chaplain with one squad, Praetor with the other.

If you're teleporting in extremely points-heavy 10 man terminator teams, I'd strongly consider a sicaran venator to try to keep any AP2 pieplates the opponent has from firing (the javelins will help against vindicators & medusas, but they may not be able to reliably take out a typhon). Hell, at that points level I might take two.

Also, it's a minor thing, but there's no need for the sergeants in the veteran squads to be carrying the combi-weapons. Any model in the squad can take them, and it's just a little bit of insurance against precision shots.

Who's more whiny and/or autistic: Curze or Pert?

Lorgar is more whiny.

Curze is more insane.

Postman Pert

Currently trying to convert a custom praesidium shield for my Shield-Captain, since I realized it's weird to have non-standard shields on my Haeteroi, but not on their boss.
From left to right: Regular praesidium shield, a spare one like those carried by the haeteroi and the idea for the Shield-Captain one.
Opinions?

So if I dropped the combi weapons and one dread I can the fit in a venator with armoured ceremite. That should help out a bit. Thanks user.

Pert doesn't really whine, he just bottles it up and bottles it up and then destroys his homeworld.

I feel like the Shield Captain one will be too large and bulky for the actual model. The regular praesidium shields aren't exactly small, and the new one is pretty much twice the width. I'd have to see what it actually looks like in comparison to the model though

That's a legit concern. I kinda like the idea of having a massive shield paired with a fairly small weapon, but I guess there is a point where things are out of whack.

What's up with the 'vines' theme on Custodes? I can understand the eagle theme, but can't figure out where that vines might have come from.

Yeah, that's probably too big. It looks like he'll scrape it on the ground every time he goes from carrying it like that to holding it up.

Converters will find a way, they always do.

I want to make three dudes with flamers and fists. I might use tartaros flamers extended with some plasticcard tubes. Or cataphractii flamers, but that might be harder to fit into the joints, I don't know yet.

It's supposed to be the green leaf laurel or laurel wreath. Famous from greek and roman culture.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurel_wreath

Based on here, it seems to be Custodes.

Why the fuck nothing new on FW site?