Okay, let me just begin by saying that this is NOT a fetish thread whatsoever. That being said...

Okay, let me just begin by saying that this is NOT a fetish thread whatsoever. That being said, what would be the best way to turn Felarya into a TRPG setting (rules, modifications, etc)?

Other urls found in this thread:

felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guardians
davidmear.com/snk/map/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I’m afraid to ask...

>posts about fetish world
>not a fetish thread

As a fellow vorefag I've gotta say it'll become apparent pretty quickly that it's a magical realm unless you pretty it up in a AoT skin

Sides that, GURPS has some nice rules for gigantic sized things, so yeah

>Felarya
I googled it.. apparently its a giant monstergirl vore manga.. so fetish as hell

Well I mean, the fact that the monstergirls want to eat people kind of makes it sound less fetishistic. At least they don't want sex or something.

If GURPS is good for the big things then I suppose GURPS it is then for the system.

They have a manga?

I thought it was just picturesets

But yeah, it's 100% a fetish world

what is Felarya? never heard of it.

It's a setting with various monsters and jungles and such, a fair amount of monstergirls but nothing too fetishistic.

noedit: god dammit i gotta refresh the page before i post next time, disregard me.

Trust me, the other anons are massively overstating the weirdness of the setting. It is just your normal, everyday fantasy universe.

Think AoT but the titans are all intelligent and come in various monstrous forms, some even have flat out magical abilities

Humans survive mostly in small nomadic and seminomadic group sand would be extinct if not for a constant influx of new people via getting snatched up by random portals

>not a fetish thread

>open up wiki
>thumbnail is a anime mouth eating someone

yeah no

Was there ever a thread that talked about making Attack on Titan into a TRPG setting?

I just want to say Felarya is actually a pretty interesting setting when properly taken advantage of by a good writer (of which Karbo is not). Dunno how well it would really work as a setting, but you could easily do whole campaigns entirely in Negav, but I suppose that doesn't really take advantage of the setting.

Except, you know, the giant city with an enormous anti-monster field. And there are native humans, as well as other humanoids that have adapted just fine to the wild jungle. The only ones who really die instantly are the random portal people.

Then let's change the goddamn topic:

How would your adventuring party fare in Felarya? Read the damn wiki, it'll take more than high stats to overwhelm the mary sues that live here. Felarya is practically dead now, the forums are dying, and the wiki hasn't been updated in months.

It would have been tolerable if the monsters didn't hold the moral high ground.

One of the reasons this world became so popular on deviantart from 2007-2014 was because of the rampant misanthropy this setting had. The manga depicted every human as deserving of their fate because they were apparently greedy for coming here.

It has serious Drowtales vibes coming from it. An astronomical waste of potential, edgy enough to satiate 2007's Deviantart. The moral myopia is even worse than Drowtales. I'm not even kidding.

>new people via getting snatched up by random portals
>random portal people.

So it's like Land of the Lost except with giant monstergirls?

What theme are you going for OP?
Survival horror? Cutesy survival horror? Humans fighting back? What?

There are plenty of stories that deal with it. It just involves more stealth/knowledge of the jungle than brute force.

I guess more of a semi-cutesy survival horror I suppose.

It would be less fetishistic if it did have sex. That it doesn't indicates that the author is so far into /d/eneracy that actual sex doesn't do anything for him anymore.

Didn't want to mention the city cause I couldn't remember the specifics but yeah, there is a human nation but it's pretty much the only one

Also I thought it was protected by a shit load of canons not an antimonster field
Didn't know there were human sized nonhuman though

Ironically Karbo's more or less completely denounced the wiki/forums from what I've heard, citing that his policy of accepting any and all fan content and the rampant misanthropy utterly ruined the setting, he still makes things for it but now keeps a much tighter leash on the lore

Pretty much, there's ruins of ancient civilizations and magical artifacts scattered about but the world is teaming with giant, cute monstergirls who want to eat you

Bright, colorful fantasy setting with high lethality, a single fuck up could kill you or your party. Encounters should focus on stealth and distractions above combat and it may be best for the party to include a bunch of back up PCs for when a character dies

Drop the monstergirls.

If I recall correctly, the lore on Feralya is that it's supposed to be a world that's at the hub of a massive portal network, so you can get almost anywhere by travelling through it. The soil is also supposed to have quasi-magical properties of some kind. Clearly controlling this world would grant enormous advantage to whoever held it. Unfortunately it's also full of giant monsters, making any attempts to claim the place extremely difficult to say the least.

If you leave out the fact that some of those giant monsters are also cute monstergirls, you could get a pretty decent campaign setting.

Well there's plenty of non-cute monstergirl monsters

If memory serves aren't most of the portals one way into Feralya? You could sorta treat it as a cosmic sink hole, countless things from across the universe ends up there, artifacts, ruins, monster, people, etc. it's a treasure trove but a deadly one
Also I think the gigantism of the monstergirls is a direct result of the magic in the soil and a number of them need it to live

>Drop the monstergirls
One small consideration, I think a big part of the horror/danger is a direct result of the monster being at human levels of intelligence and even if you drop the girl part you should keep it
I'd also argue that part of it is also from the dissonance of said monster also being a sexy girl but that is part of the fetish so...

This too, Feralya's apparently teeming with nonsexy monsters as well but those aren't focused on

Pacific Rim with monstergirls.

There are some regular programmable two-way portals in places like Negav and Ur-Sagol.

I said most, not all

>Ironically Karbo's more or less completely denounced the wiki/forums from what I've heard

I can understand him. Letting other people design your setting is how you end up with complete shit.

Sounds interesting

How do you run survival horror in general? Presumably encounters are supremely lethal, so you avoid the monsters. On reflection, though, I don't have a clear idea of how to make this interesting.

I found such a thread before I'd heard of the series. My initial thought was that you'd really want to hole up on an island, because the giants would probably be pretty easy to defeat in naval battles.

>Drop the monstergirls

This. That's really all you have to do.

An rpg that's a mix between Attack on Titan and Monster Hunter with a central human hub would be really cool, there'd be a much higher emphasis on stealth and taking down even a single giant monster would be a serious ordeal that would require planning and preparation.

But as soon as you threw a cutesy anime naga girl at me I'd immediately detect your magical realm, OP. You could maybe get away with one or two monster girls as long as the majority of the man-eating monsters are of the horrifying variety, but I wouldn't push it much farther than that.

>How do you run survival horror in general? Presumably encounters are supremely lethal, so you avoid the monsters. On reflection, though, I don't have a clear idea of how to make this interesting.
Puzzles, stealth, encounters where you have to get away either by running away, distracting, or talking your way out, combat would probably mostly holding actions, delaying things until you can escape

We would win, because we're Shadowrunners, so we'd unleash a gray goo scenario.

Given there was apparently a high tech magictech civ that got wreaked by one of the god like monstergirls I doubt it

NUH UH MY MAGIC SHIELD BLOCKS THAT!

No, really, i'm not kidding at all. This is the kind of bullshit that happens whenever someone tries to overpower their precious murder-waifus.

Just look at this: felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guardians

"They are seen as a small group comprised of very powerful beings who only come to light during times of extreme crisis, when something is threatening the very balance or existence of the world. From what can be seen in ancient scriptures, they wield enormous powers, capable of wiping out an entire army. Besides that, everything is mysterious about them : from their origins, to how they became guardians in the first place or to what rules they obey. Today, many people in the cities dismiss them as mere tales destined to scare civilization off, as their appearances in the records of history are very few indeed." Oh fuck off.

>because the giants would probably be pretty easy to defeat in naval battles.
There's giant mermaids

Also felt like posting this too cause I find Becky oddly cute

Bullllllllllshiiiiiiit

Pretty sure SOMEWHERE in the mess of lore I tried to scrounge through at one point there was another higher existence level race that wanted to wipe out the place because it was basically an interdimensional pothole and bad for the universe.
The gods of Felarya were angry there realm was slotted for demolition and scaled full on scorched earth war that made the whole instability worse. The other side seemed to give up when the only other end seemed likely to turn the realm into a blackhole that would take out countless others with it.

So, I looked it up, and this setting is bad.

No, it's really fucking bad. I think I may be the only one to actually address the OP in question, but my personal recommendation is that you don't use it in the first place.

Get out, breathe the open air, go watch a movie, eat at a cheap chinese restaurant, go bowling with your cousin, really anything will be a better use of your limited time on this earth than doing anything with this flaming dumpster fire of a setting other than disregarding it now and forever.

Best of luck.

The only way you will be able to do this well (unless all your players are totally fine with this beforehand) is to remove the cutesy monster girls, replace them with bestial/not as blatant equivalents of a certain level of human intelligence, and run it all in GURPS since I am pretty sure it has most the rules you need for giants in an inherently lethal combat setting.

This. Op makes me angry with the mere suggestion. My advice to them, which supercedes yours, is that they fucking kill themselves

>not a fetish thread

So when a giant swallows me, what's to stop me from cutting my way out? They don't ever seem to chew, and a sword to the esophagus is pretty lethal.

See Probably some Sue-shit like that. It's a trash fetish setting, logic has no power there.

I vaguely remember one comic where a guy carried around explosives/shaped charges for just such an occasion but I think the answer is "It depends on what you get eaten by" somethings you can cut your way out, some things you can't but you'll do enough damage to induce vomiting, some you're dead no matter what you do

>Goblins edit
fucking hell I nostalgia'd hard I didn't need this user

>Also I thought it was protected by a shit load of canons not an antimonster field
There's canons on the walls but the main defense is a powerul forcefield operated by Negav's mage aristocracy.

>Didn't know there were human sized nonhuman though
Felarya has pretty much every monster/fantasy race you can imagine at every size. For example on top of there being giants there's also tiny humans and mouse people that are about the same size to humans as humans are to giants.

By "Every fantasy race you can imagine" you mean every bastardized monstergirl in the book, and I don't mean the monster girl encyclopedia. Including elves, fairies and catgirls. Not a single original race to be found. Not even a sexy original race that hasn't been done to death by the DeviantArt fantasy anime community when it had zero self-awareness and maximum misanthropy back in good old 2007. The mary sue giants are so spectacularly illogical that they make chakats look like.. anything else, really.

So it sounds like Felarya is half generico kitchen-sink wannabe RIFTS, and half Kenkou Cross's Magical Funtime but with vore and giantism instead of corruption and femdom. That's pretty pathetic, OP! You should find a better worthless fetish setting to devote your diseased little mind to!

That would probably work, but he'd probably be better off just starting from scratch.

Question OP, do you want to keep the monstergirls or not? As others have noted it's going to be pretty fetishistic if you do but if your group is okay with that then that's fine, either way you want to emphasizes the fantastical AND lethal nature of the land, full of strange plants and beasts most of which can kill you and where humans are no where near the top of the food chain
Something like Made in the Abyss might be a good source of inspiration I think

I think I saw one where the character had an extending staff sharpened on both ends they used to get stuck in a monstergirl's throat until she coughed them up

I think you’re better off just using regular monsters. You can probably say that going through the portal shrinks people, so even ‘regular’ monsters from places like DND are big and scary

Eh, magical gigantism is better in my opinion

Becky a cute. I was thinking about Attack on Titan when I made the comment about naval battles; absolutely nowhere on Feralya, land or sea, is safe for humans. The murder-waifus are everywhere.

To each their own, but I think the setting is big enough to house either view. It's just a place with macro versions of Flora and fauna, so no matter where you show up, you're outsized.

I guess an important sticking point would be the intelligence of the monsters. How capable would the Giants be?

As I mentioned before I think part of the danger and horror is that the monsters are as intelligent as humans are and still see them as a little more than prey

A bit more on the intelligence bit, how capable are they? Do they have civilization? Make clothes or jewelry? Or are they just plus sized Lions and Tigers?

>how capable are they?
Smart as humans, have language, tool use, ect, some have magic, build shelters/lairs, and trade/work out deals

>Do they have civilization?
I don't think so, at least not for the most part

>Make clothes or jewelry?
Some do, the more magical ones I think

>Or are they just plus sized Lions and Tigers?
Some are content to live like that

You know, there was an Attack on Titan hack for Apocalypse World that might fit. It was already high lethality against simple brute Giants, they'd probably go through PCs faster if you start tossing intelligent Titan Spiders and oversized Gnolls at them.

Plus, it adds a possible option of avoiding battle if the Giants can be negotiated with, or having PCs go out to retrieve magic stuff or Flora/fauna that can protect them and their cities

>they'd probably go through PCs faster if you start tossing intelligent Titan Spiders and oversized Gnolls at them.
Pretty much yeah, an encounter that ends up being a combat one means the PCs have probably already lost

>Plus, it adds a possible option of avoiding battle if the Giants can be negotiated with, or having PCs go out to retrieve magic stuff or Flora/fauna that can protect them and their cities
True, I think by default most of the monstergirls are more interested in eating humans than anything else a human can do for them but I think there's a couple of examples of musicians or storytellers managing to hit it off with monstergirls and escape being snacks
But of course since they also like to play with their food just cause it seems like you have a deal/made a friend doesn't mean you have

I'd really recommend you check out the system. You'll probably want to include new terrain hazards like navigating an area with poisonous plants and focus on ways to include non-fatal interaction with Giants.

Otherwise, there's only so much you can do with predatory Giants. Ryutaama would probably wind up with more options there

I might check it out, I'm not OP though so I'm mostly just spit balling ideas right now

Broken magic or broken technology. Those are your options.

>hole up on an island,
They got greedy and walled of an heug space.
davidmear.com/snk/map/

Ah. Yeah, nobody mentioned that.

Well... Australia, then?

Being murder-waifus, I assume most of the inhabitants of Feralya are charming people aside from the part where they want to eat you alive. I'm somewhat curious how they justify it to themselves. (They don't, I'm sure, because it's a fetish setting, but you'd have to invent a reason, or maybe let some of them be persuaded to the belief that humans are friends rather than food.)

Speaking of Australia, doesn't Feralya sound like the kind of place you'd send criminals?

>I assume most of the inhabitants of Feralya are charming people aside from the part where they want to eat you alive.
From what I can tell not really, even though they act cutesy most humans are portrayed as understandably terrified of your average monstergirl. They can be nice, friendly, and have a long conversation where you get to know each other, but 95% of the time they'll just pop you in their mouth when they're done or share you with a friend

>I'm somewhat curious how they justify it to themselves. (They don't, I'm sure, because it's a fetish setting, but you'd have to invent a reason, or maybe let some of them be persuaded to the belief that humans are friends rather than food.)
As far as I understand they don't, they just don't care, bigger monstergirls will eat smaller monstergirls just as often as they'll eat humans, it doesn't matter that they're thinking beings, if they can fit in your mouth they're food, and really tasty food at that, the idea of that being wrong literally does not compute to them

Why wouldn't you just use robots to explore Feralya? Nothing eats them.

A lot of things would probably try eating them, even if they're to find out they don't have any meat. The question is, I suppose, whether robots are more or less expendable.

What if you used the robots as a cheap way to dispose of toxic industrial waste?

Well, someone has gone and done all the hard work for you. I.e., worldbuilding, physics, major species, maps, etc. GURPS, and Poooossibly Pathfinder would work great with the setting, as far as I'm aware.

As someone who enjoys the stuff that the artist produces, I have to say that the Felarya setting is really, really bad. That's not entirely Karbo's fault, but it is what it is. If you absolutely must run a game with voracious giant monstergirls, I would suggest perhaps using Felarya as loose inspiration for a couple of things, and just make pretty much everything else up yourself.

Just treat them as Gods. All mighty whimsical creatures, respect their boundaries and everything will be fine.

But you better have a fucking hammer of down system in your world or they will fuck you up.

dawn*

Felarya would be a terrible setting to use, there is no escaping the fact that it's a fetish setting. The monstergirls can easily find adventurers with no problem, and eat them on a regular. How would a party of explorers survive more than a couple of days? They're not supposed to in Felarya, it's a fetish setting, you watch them get eaten, digested and masturbate to it. Unless you're all good with playing a vore fetish game, just don't play it. If you're looking for a "Humans surviving in a world with creatures that could easily kill them", just base it off AoT, or replace the monstergirls with actual monsters.

Problem is some of them will go hunting for humans

I think a couple of comics have adventurers who managed to do it for years and get away uneaten
Basically "Stay quite/don't bring attention to yourself, don't get greedy and risk your life for loot, don't ogle the monstergirls" and you'll typically do fine in that setting, though new adventurers have atrocious fatality rates

>I'd also argue that part of it is also from the dissonance of said monster also being a sexy girl
Like harpies, sirens, mermaids, and succubi.

Pretty much yeah, but also the cheerful way they tend to act while eating people

Has anything even been done with felarya? Last I know is that a comic was released in 2014 or something. Is it a dedd setting?

Karbo still makes art and lore for it I think, but doesn't really like the fanbase or what they did to it

What'd they do to it?

They started writing for it, and the quality took a sharp nosedive due to spergs who thought they were far better writers than they really were.

People who thought they could write better than Karbo (which to be fair isn't that hard) tried and failed. Also was completely filled with Donut steel OC's that are human wizards that are either Human wizards that are way too powerful for murderwaifus to touch, or more generic murderwaifus with no personality

As someone who was on the forums back in the day, that shit was way too rampant. I don't like being vain, but I think I probably wrote some of the best stuff for that setting. Hopefully some of it is still canon.

At the time I really struggled to make an rpg system that could handle player characters of vastly different sizes that would still be balanced with each other. I ended up giving up in frustration.

Karbo is just a nice French guy with a weird kink.

Felarya has always been a plot device to create a situation for non anatomically correct kink fetishising stuff.

Now the problem with the fan base is the Deviantart autism and general toxicity created by said groups.

You either could embrace the kink side and make it a part of the game in a mechanic.

Or what I personally thing is better and have a scale system of being ‘x’ big considers humans as dangerous as bees. But magic and shrinking and growth magic exists. So just use the setting and lore to create a new one you could actually develop further as Felarya, is all but dead.

By the way the manga being made by Karbo was canned. Karbo can’t write a narrative

>Karbo is just a nice French guy with a weird kink.
Just realized my other favorite vore world builder is also French, wonder if that means anything

>By the way the manga being made by Karbo was canned. Karbo can’t write a narrative
Didn't know there was a manga planned, just know he still does pics every now and then

He puts out his work on Patreon pretty regularly.

Ahh, such innocence

Didn't Karbos recent full comic end with a treasure hunting party all dying except the one dude that told them to shut the hell up for their health while they all panicked, then after a day had passed picked up the dropped treasure and left?

>Just realized my other favorite vore world builder is also French, wonder if that means anything
Frakass is Belgian

Yep, stayed quite, stayed smart, got out alive

Wait really? Whoops
Could have sworn I read in some old yahoo group he had he said he was french

Compared to people? They’re definitely expendable. That’s why we have bomb disposal robots. I’m not talking about sentient robots, although that might be good campaign material. (They’re considered expendable, but they don’t consider themselves expendable.)

I skimmed the wiki a little bit, and it’s hilariously silly. Carnivorous snakegirls make some kind of sense, but angels? fairies? beegirls? dryads, for fuck’s sake? I was actually surprised that the tiny humans don’t somehow eat the regular variety. Or get eaten themselves.

I just like the challenge of coming up with a plausible way to explore the Planet of the Murderwaifus. So far, “robotic probes” is the best idea I’ve got.

>Wait really?
Yep

How the fuck did I never see that pic?

>surprised the tiny humans don't get eaten themselves
Sadly they do. Last I read any of the stuff they wrote it mainly as human sized cat girls and eccentric nobility bothering.

In general the entire silly setting is held up on the idea that if something is smaller than something else than something else it will be eaten, and possibly the gods fully endorse this and nuked the human super civilization that rocked the boat.

Yeesh, cannibal gods. There’s a fun religion. Surprised they don’t try to eat each other.