What strength score is required to do this?

What strength score is required to do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tsql5Wv0TiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you're playing D&D the result of the roll is a lot more important than your strength score.

In Pathfinder its either DC 35 Sunder or dealing 98 damage at once.

Man I hate this fucking system

Depends on how much wizard dick the GM sucks

Well into the 30's probably, if not higher

>What strength score is required to do this?

If 10 is the average, I want to say 17, maybe 18.
Under the perhaps 'false' pretense that a man with almost twice the strength of a normal man would, himself, be stronger than two ordinary men cooperating towards such a task.

So while you'd have maybe 3-4 guys trying to do something like that and failing, Mr.Twotimes as strong would achieve it with a bit of resistance. He might not get a 'perfect' cleave, but he could do something similar to Guts.

That's my general practicing theory at least.
I'm probably wrong, though, since I don't have a rule book or monster manual on hand to contrast/compare.

That sword is like 400lbs.

I mean guys deff has an absurdly high str score and has to be a decent enough level. If he went up the sunder tree I can see it being feasible with a good roll.

big sword weighs like a literal ton
gotta be stronk to swish swoosh big sword

so, strength based, large race, with a barbarian/berserker or something along those lines

Strengthfags btfo once again

18:00.

>swish swoosh big sword
Fucking aye right

This. 18:00 was basically the absolute limit of what a human being could do before encroaching on the territory of a God, IIRC?

And the one thing we know for certain about Guts is he's pure human

No matter your strenght you shouldn't be able to break the stone pillar with something more breakable than the pillar itself.

For example, you shouldn't be able to do that with a Rapier.

Except in DnD, where you can, because DnD suck ass.

Lead is softer than granite. I blowup rocks with my revolver all the time.

Pick your gun and shoot at a stone pillar the size of the one despicted then. See what happens.

Depends on system.

With a two and a half pound bullet? Ok.

Pretty sure with enough time I could break a pillar with a sledge hammer or a pickaxe and guts sword looks thicker than a sledgehammer or pickaxe.

He's "human" but the Godhand repeatedly refer to him as an abomination that should not exist.

I'd wager he's got around 22-28 strength. Which puts him in Silverback Gorilla territory at the low end and Greek hero at the high end.

You two missed the point entirely I'm talking about the object as a whole being more breakable than the stone pillar, a rapier for example is made generally of steel wich is harder than the granite but the rapier will break before the stone pillar because as a whole object (not just the material) is more fragile than the stone pillar.

The head of a sledge hammer or the pick is more durable thant the stone pillar that's why it breaks.

Did you guys understood now or should I draw? And should I explain the drawing for better understanding? And then draw the explanation?

Okay, explain why you think gut's sword is less durable than a sledgehammer.

>he thinks real world objects have HP
>he thinks size matters
Elling my eh oh. Spring steel is not harder than granite. How do ypu think stones manage to SHAVE OFF metal to shatpen blades? Everything in all of your posts is wrong. Reasses your life.
>inb4 he thinks sledges and picks are made of the same steel as rapiers
>he thinks all steel is the same
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
*wheeze*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. good one, kid :}

That's not a normal sword, he made it magical by slaying a lot of demons with it.

oooh, okay. I thought you were trying to make a point about swinging metal at stone but apparently you were just saying something so fucking obvious as "rapiers can't break stone beams!" and there was no argument here at all.

>FILE DELETED
but why

Oh my fucking god I'm dealing with real-life brainlets here

Copy and paste exactly WERE i said what you're imlplying, if you know what implying means.

>He thinks real world objects have HP
Copy and paste exactly WERE i said what you're imlplying, if you know what implying meansx2

>He thinks size matters.
It does, try breaking a concrete wall with a lead bullet, then try doing the same with a lead bullet the size of a cannon.

>Spring steel is not harder than granite.
I said steel, my only mistake here was assuming that a Rapierd is made of steel instead of spring steel.

>How do ypu think stones manage to SHAVE OFF metal to shatpen blades?
Kek, what kind of idiot you have to be to compare what's happening in OP post to grinding.

>inb4 he thinks sledges and picks are made of the same steel as rapiers
Only a true brainlet would come to this conclusion based on what I said.

>he thinks all steel is the same
Copy and paste exactly WERE i said what you're imlplying, if you know what implying meansx3

And that last attempt of laughing of something that didn't happened and even reaching the point of saying "good one" in a dialogue wich never happened, trying to pander to his ego, holy shit so fucking cringe.

It's so obvious that I don't know how the hell you guys could mistake it for something else.

Yes no matter how strong you are you can't break a stone pillar with a rapier.
Unless you're playing DnD because DnD suck ass.

I don't.

Even if it was a normal sword it seems it could break that stone pillar easily with the right amount of strenght behind it.

>rapier
>sledgehammer
>pick
wut

What's your point? I'm not comparing those to the Dragonslayer.

Forgot pic

>cannon ball
>he agress that a 2.5 pound kead projectile could knock down a pillar
>lead is weaker than steel
>a weaker 2 pound blob of metal can destroy a pillar
>a stronger 2 pound stick of metal can not
>he doesnt even realize hes being retarded
>proves all my impumucations correct
>too brain dead to get it
Please stop, i cant breathe.

Oh and lets not forget
>bigger things are stronger!
Lead is more dense than steel, a lead ball of the same weight as a rapier will have LESS volume, not more.
ELL EM AY OOOHHHHHHHHH

This idiot is implying that size doesn't matter and clings to the materials wich I said it was not my focus but the object as whole.

If what you're saying is true and size doesn't matter then a .38 bullet could do the same destruction as this cannon ball:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tsql5Wv0TiE

Except it doesn't you literall inbred brainlet.

>he agress that a 2.5 pound kead projectile could knock down a pillar
Copy and paste exactly WERE i said what you're imlplying, if you know what implying meansx4

>he doesnt even realize hes being retarded
>You don't even realize you're being retarded.
fixed.

>proves all my impumucations correct
The only thing being proven here is that you typing skills are worth of a brainlet.

>too brain dead to get it
Yes, you are. I'm giving up already.

>Please stop, i cant breathe.
Ugh. So cringy.

>bigger things are stronger!
Copy and paste exactly WERE i said what you're imlplying, if you know what implying meansx5

You like having imaginary discussions huh, .Don't worry I'm have patience with people who wears blue caps just like you.

I hear a martial whining

Enough.

Guts has 10-11 str post eclipse.
But he can touch energy (or his weapon can) so he ignores damage barrier.

That sounds way too low.

Also his sword didn't get weird for a good while after he got it.

Friendly reminder that the Dragon Slayer is enchanted with Gravity now.

Alright faggots, listen up. So, Let's say that Gut's sword weighs 400 lbs, so 180 kg, and let's say he can swing his sword at 131 km/h in maybe a 1 second arc, so F=ma, a= 36ish mps squared so about 6480 N, so it's feasible that he could do this, but he would have to be fucking greek hero/hill giant strength

>peak human bordering inhuman
>too low!

Well yes, I assume guts is a weapon master level 6-7 or so so the DM allowed him to to touch supernatural with his sword.
Probably has acrobatics at 1:1 fucker summersaults around like a madman.

Also, in DND 5th edition: Push, Drag, or Lift. You can push, drag, or lift a weight in pounds up to twice your carrying capacity (or 30 times your Strength score). While pushing or dragging weight in excess of your carrying capacity, your speed drops to 5 feet. so 400 pounds divided by 30 is 13.333333, so let's say he needs 14 Strength to carry and swing his sword at minimum

>guts
>peak human
The fucker uses Dragonslayer like a knife and swings the fucking thing fast enough that for trained observers to not be able to track the fucking slab of metal and can react to supersonic attacks in the dark.

Hell the way he killed that priest apostle before he got the berserker armor is an even more insane lifting feat.

Also his ability to fuck over intaginable supernatural shit is explicitly due to his sword. Which also deals soul damage in general.

Wait no that's SRD, So I think standard DND is 21
is 21 superhuman?

Ackshually guts' strength is in all likeness past the point of inhumanity. I mean, fucker could swing the damn thing like it was a twig even before getting the berserker armor.

Well to be fair it didn't get that magical, it's just touching incorporeal beings (and implied to be developing a will of its own) which really, when you're at the dick on skull insane level of strenght guts is it's pretty much all the enhancements you need.

well what would 21 strength in DND be?

He never uses it with ease. He states he can barely move it, multiple times, he uses heavy motions that is why while can jump around like a spastic adhd kid his sword attacks are mono-directional 2 handed swipes most of the time implying he has a penalty when 1 handing it (which even when zerking barely does), which makes sense since his sword probably takes 10/12 str (sized up greatsword).
His stats are pobably str/agi/dex between 9 and 11 con 10-12 int 4-5 pow 6-7 wp 10 per 7(-2 from 1 eye), with advantages being cheaper athletics secondaries, plus stats, energy armor and doomed 2 as sure disadv.
As for his lifting, he is a weaponmaster with insane points into vigor skills (nearly never afraid, lifts crap with ease, nearly immune to pain).

it is fuckhuge, but i would say it's 80lbs max. the thinner one he uses in his youth is probably more like 50lbs.

6 feet long, 2.5 inches thicc, should be about 400 pounds

you're the retard for thinking those pillars are a single piece of solid stone.

they're stacked stones, bored in the center, with a wooden or metal shaft. then the outside is plastered to cover up the seams. goddamn, even the Parthenon has the same type of pillars.

Heroic.
25 is demigod.
30 is literal deity.

Well I think we can all agree he's at least heroic

Probably slightly more. He moved when it should have been impossible. He almost killed Apostles - not once, not twice, but 3 times. And he's NOT DEAD.

If he could barely use the thing, he wouldn't be as alive as he is today. Maybe when he's particularly chewed up he can barely use it but not normally. Guts is way too fast and skillful with that fucking thing to barely be able to move it. Much less pull the shit that he does in the fight in the OP; .
The pillars are mentioned to be reinforced and guts can smash multiple in a single swing

Hi speed reader.

maybe mark him as 24.5 then for fluff

If we are talking about M&M than 8-9 should be enough if combined with a power attack.

For Heroquest I would say at least a strength related ability with mastery rank 2

Yeah, 18:00 let you annihilate normal people with even a glancing blow (+6 damage!), they were so strong that they had a 1 in 3 chance of breaking open magically sealed doors just by hitting it hard enough, you could carry an extra three hundred pounds without slowing down...

Anything beyond that and you're in the realm of magic and monsters.

That’s not how that works. Come back after getting an education.

That's because he got branded and survived, it has nothing to do with any sort divine or otherwordly powers.
Sometimes Berserk advances cool philosophical concepts like fate versus will, but sadly most of the time it's jus weird rape scenes and gruesome gore.

>>peak human bordering inhuman
>10 str
specify the system you lemon tart, lest everyone assumes D&D

holy fuck this guy

this is why you don't do drugs and stay in school, kids

Not my fault your IQ is african tier son.

The man's right, you either specify system or look like a fool.

There was a diagram I saw at one point that explained the various levels of dimensions in Berserk and I believe Guts being branded and outside of reality for some time enables him to do things normal humans couldn't do even within the bounds of the settings (There was that one Knight of the Chain guy with the staff he fights for example) but given the circumstances of his life and being branded (and possibly his sword either developing a soul or his child possessing it) he can kill shit with it and lift it and use it where normal people could not.

You're telling me that it has less metal than two plates?

they don't know you're using Anima numbnuts.

Using canonical heights to scale it in thickness and length, the sword made of iron would weigh between 450 and 475lbs. This includes distal taper in the blade, and assumes the handle and pommel is metal (steel or iron).

To swing the sword at any speed above a slow walk, the force required would actually move the wielder more than the sword itself unless the wielder is somehow affixed to the ground as there is no real way of increasing the friction coefficient between feet and ground enough to keep the wielder stationary while swinging it.

Fuck off with your canadian furfag shit, we're having serious business