Epic 30k & 40k General

1st and only rule: don't post caster/recaster information or material.

>Where do I get the rules?
Net Epic Armageddon rules and the updated army lists can be found at:
tp.net-armageddon.org/
It's based off of the Epic Armageddon rule set, otherwise known as Epic 4th Ed, with some minor changes and new army lists.

>Well that's 40k, what about the cool 30k stuff I see?
The Horus Heresy supplement can be found here.
epicau.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page

>Where do I get those fan made minis that show up everywhere?
You go on any of the Facebook groups for Epic and lurk. If you can you should try and get your own epic army and post updates and ask for ideas about how to paint them. Eventually after you've gained some trust on there you could try and either PM someone you know has forumware or post and ask about it. You could also try posting on the Tactical Command forum. Asking outright as your first message in any of these places will get you ignored.

>Where else can I get miniatures?
There is a lot of old epic stuff on Ebay and some manufacturers produce good proxies, like vanguardminiatures.co.uk/ and www.onslaughtminis.com.

>What's the game like?
Players alternate using parts of their armies called formations rather than moving and fighting with their entire force. Morale and fatigue is represented by giving “Blast Markers” to a formation when something bad happens to it, which gradually makes it less effective and stops more and more units in the formation from acting until they rally. The scale makes units with longer range weapons or high movement speed stand out more, makes maneuvering more important and allows for the use of many units that are super heavy or above in Warhammer 40k such as Baneblades, Stompas, Titans and even Mega Gargants. While still keeping regular tanks and infantry relevant and effective.The new 30k stuff is also great, though development is apparently dead.

Discord: discord.gg/4HpF6Z9

Other urls found in this thread:

netepic.org/
miniwars.co.uk/epic-players
d6addiction.blogspot.com/
vanguardminiatures.co.uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also as an alternative there is "NetEpic". An almost complete rewrite of the rules of the 2nd Ed of Epic. These rules are more complex and detailed, hence games might take longer. The rules can be found here
netepic.org/
For NetEpic the development for Horus Heresy rules is currently going pretty well. Lurk in certain Facebook groups if you have a desire to know more and maybe even have a litte say in the develeopment.

I base coated my first epic army the other day, I'll post a pic when I get home.

If you include the infantry I've got somewhere else it's about 2500 points worth. These are from Vanguard miniatures, I'm very happy with the sculpts.

With how many points do people usually play this?

3000pts is a typical game, but it's certainly playable at lower sizes.

I got a box of the original Epic Beetleback Warlords for 10 bucks at an old comic shop, but nobody ot play and no good way to even build a bigger force.
The fuck am I going to do with these?

Sell em on ebay or check this map miniwars.co.uk/epic-players
maybe you find someone close to you to play with

I tried, but all I got were offers of around 15-20 bucks for a sealed box and those chucklefucks and fuck right off.

I have no idea what any of these sculpts are supposed to represent, why are you happy with them?

>don't post caster/recaster information or material.
hold on. you go onto a board known for pirating where entire swap meet threads are organized to share stolen or scanned pdfs en masse. you encourage net epic which is basically a "recasted' rulebook. and promote miniature vendors which borderline infringe IP rights with their knockoff figures?

And then you get upset that people would dare even speak of recasting GW minis? You fucks worship GW so hard you're telling people not to recast their out-of- print models from 20 years ago that they give literally zero fucks about? You know that sucking them off on Veeky Forums doesn't accomplish anything, right?

he doesn't want the snitches getting it. There are tonnes of those cunts.

>And then you get upset that people would dare even speak of recasting GW minis? You fucks worship GW so hard you're telling people not to recast their out-of- print models from 20 years ago that they give literally zero fucks about? You know that sucking them off on Veeky Forums doesn't accomplish anything, right?
No you retard, the point is to keep contact info for recasters away from easy access so they don't C&D'd. A few had to shut down recently, and that sucks massive balls. If you want to buy recasts, go to the relevant forums, prove your serious by participating for a year and posting your army etc and people will maybe share the contact info with you.

So in other words, buy paint and post an army of knock off proxies that don't share the same aesthetic as the originals (and lets face it, the look and the lore are the two main saving graces of warhammer) in the hope that maybe a year later some of the privileged few will then deign to share the contact details for some guy in Australia so that you can finally get your hands on the miniatures you wanted in the first place?
Sounds great.

Does brother of resin still lurk here? How can I get un touch with him?

>want to start collecting
>look up nearest player
>Texas
>two states away
>no one in my area wants to play
>passive aggressively advertise epic
>socially cast out

How do you start playing this shit?

I can tell exactly what the various models are supposed to represent, you just being a dense cunt because you have some agenda.

People like you are reason casters don't want their info shared.

You and others obviously have much animosity towards them and it would be dangerous to share.

>I openly give out information that I should not then wonder why recaters will not hook me up.

The miniatures are crisply detailed and while they aren't the exact GW designs they certainly have maintained the GW aesthetic. And honestly, there is less difference aesthetically between the official minis and good 3rd party stuff than there is between the early and later GW epic stuff.

I think you misunderstood the poster. I don't think he has animosity towards the recasters just the players who make threats basically just advertising how super awesome looking the figures that they managed to get, but no one else is allowed access too because it's super secret, are.

Don't get me wrong I get why recasters are nervous about GW IPcops, but the OPs do tend to come across as elitist pricks some of the time. Don't be shocked if people who really like the idea of the game and want to play/get the awesome figs are pissed when the initial response to their enthusiasm is 'nu-huh, you're not special enough to deserve to own the figs I have to have to earn this'

apologies for typing like a retard, I'm tired but you get the idea.

It's sad that a game which is definitely driven by the enthusiasm of the community becomes such an us and them shitfest sometimes. But as I said I see both sides.

PLAY EPIC WITH ME UNLESS YOU'RE GAY AND LIKE 40K

I can understand it is frustrating to not have anyone to play with. Therefore I am trying to get my friends into it. I am going collect two armies for now so that we can play and hope that they will like it. Not the best way but at least it is something.

Is AlHarrington still around? I know he lurked here a good while ago

It's because dog cunt suckholes have been known to rat them out

"Yeah, those space marines aren't bad for a 28mm army. Wait, *how* much did you spend on that army foam? It must be really hard to store and transport as well. I could fit my entire Epic army into a single tray."

Lets post some Epic awesomeness

Post an email and hope he responds to you.

That basing is absolutely stunning, I don't think I've seen anything that good for 6mm before.

wouldn't mind if I get in touch with him too.

[email protected]

Anyone got links to some good blogs? Interested in scenario based AARs more than more competitive tournament battles.

There's really not that many. Or at least, they've given up going after the guys on reddit.

d6addiction.blogspot.com/

Is a great blog for epic it may not have the battle reports you are looking for but lots of great content.

You suck.
Sorry. thats all I have

If you actually played the game you’d know what the ‘5-min Warm Up’ is. Now fuck off you retard.

So the planes in the top-left might be Marauders or Thunderbolts. The planes in the top-right look nothing like 40k. The artillery pieces on the right are probably Basilisks. The walkers in the bottom-right are probably Sentinels. I'm guessing the weird tanks with the incorrect tracks and glacis, and too-far-forward sponsons are meant to be Leman Russes. The big tanks are some random superheavy tank?

I'm sure it would be pretty fucking obvious what those miniatures represented if you didn't skip your autism meds

Huh i though the small tanks were predators and the large ones sicarians, and the leftmost planes storm-whatevers.

Guy who posted them here. The vanguard site doesn't say what each miniature is supposed to be analogous to, but I chose them with this in mind:

Top left are meant to by Vultures.
Top right are their stand-ins for thunderbolts (although they have no resemblance, they are at least visually distinct from the 'skimmer' aircraft).
Walkers are sentinels.
Arty on the right are indeed basilisks, the photo doesn't show it but the gun and shield are identical, though the chassis is different.
Tanks at the front are indeed Leman Russes
Big tanks on the left are Baneblades, or can be used for a similarly armed superheavy.

I can't imagine that many real-world players will be put-off by this. The 'Leman Russ' tanks certainly aren't perfect replicas, but they are clearly the main battle tanks and they aren't going to be confused for chimeras or anything.

>>Where else can I get miniatures?
>There is a lot of old epic stuff on Ebay and some manufacturers produce good proxies, like vanguardminiatures.co.uk/ and www.onslaughtminis.com

The correct url is www.onslaughtmini.com no s

If i was able to get the boss fucking looking epic minis like in I'd give a fuck.

I was a poor ass fucking 10 year old when epic was a big thing, much sadness I couldn't jump on board then but the models didn't age well...

Well there are plenty of Thunderhawks and Rhinos and even MKI and MKII Landraiders on ebay. The problem is the Space Marine infantry. Official models look just static and weird.

For IG if I take one upgrade per company to boost firepower witch is the best Tank Squadron, Fire Support Platoon, Hellhound Squadron or Griffon Battery?

MECHANISED INFANTRY COMPANY [400]
Commander, 12 Infantry, 7 Chimera

MECHANISED INFANTRY COMPANY [400]
Commander, 12 Infantry, 7 Chimera

TANK COMPANY [650]
9 Leman Russ, Vanquisher

SENTINEL SQUADRON [100]
4 Sentinels

SENTINEL SQUADRON [100]
4 Sentinels

FLAK BATTERY [150]
3 Hydra

ARTILLERY BATTERY [250]
3 Manticores

ARTILLERY BATTERY [250]
3 Manticores

ARTILLERY BATTERY [250]
3 Basilisks

THUNDERBOLT FIGHTERS [150]
2 Thunderbolts

Pretty sure there are even legit alternatives for SM infantry. Tanks is where ot gets iffy because the designs are clearly lifted from GW source material.