Chaos pictures

Wrath = Khorne
Lust = Slaanesh
Sloth = Nurgle
Ah, fuck it. Let's just forget everything else, and heap it under a generic heading 'Change' and call it Tzeentch.

Anybody else think there were to be more Chaos gods? What would be their names and domains?

Anybody else think GW just caved out.

Also post pictures of Chaos.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=god of change
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Floating drug party

I thought Tzeentch was Pride

>effect of the goal is the purpose
>movement towards the goal is purpose
>movement from goal to goal is the purpose
>movement from goal to the same goal again is the purpose
impact, acceleration, turning and rotation

seems a pretty complete set of concepts to me

Lot of Tzeentch in there:
lmgtfy.com/?q=god of change

>Anybody else think GW just caved out.

No, because they're not about shitty deadly sins. They're about emotions.
Khorne = Displeasure
Slaanesh = Pleasure
Nurgle = Despair
Tzeentch = Hope

There should be one for each strong emotion:

>bliss
>hatred
>excitement
>disgust
>grief
>astonishment
>terror
>admiration

>Sloth = Nurgle
Since fucking when?

Never, op is a stupid faggor

>Khorne = Displeasure

Bliss = Slaanesh
Hatred = Khorne
Excitement = Slaanesh
Disgust = Nurgle
Grief = Nurgle
Astonishment = Any of them really depending on context
Terror = Nurgle
Admiration = Tzeentch

If there are other core but surprisingly dark elements to the human psyche I'm not creative enough to come up with them I think the fear of death, hope for a better tomorrow, pursuit of happiness, and the gratification of violence and feeling strong have enough depth.

You really have to stretch them for that, man. The Chaos gods are very specific beings with very specific emotional and thematic affinities.

>He doesn't worship the Chaos God of Schadenfreude.

The Seven Deadly Sins were also stated as being under Slaanesh. Other then Anger being heavily under Khorne the rest have nothing to do with the other chaos gods.

Aren't all of them rather greedy and not just Slaanesh?

Also why only fat guys are from Nurgle?

Slaanesh and Bliss are hand in hand the whole point of Slaanesh is happiness/Bliss from excess. Hatred and Khorne are similar Khorne's whole motif is to get people so angry they turn to violence. Excitement and Slaanesh go pretty well together Slaanesh wants people to experience new pleasures and try new things the excitement you get after going on a new rollar coaster feeds slaanesh as you desire to do it again. Disgust is Nurgle as Nurgle wants people to fight against him and death itself because that fear of the end is what feeds Nurgle disgust with nurgle's Daemons is exactly the emotion he is trying to put in you. Grief and Nurgle as Nurgle is said to be despair alot of the time Grief is sorrow from loss and Nurgle is one the one that promises that every ending is a rebirth of something new but in order for that new to have meaning one must value what has been lost that is grief. Not touching on Astonishment that's to vague. Terror and Nurgle again Nurgle wants people to be scared and want to be immortal. Admiration inspires ambition to be like the idol and change your life to meet their's in short Tzeentch.

Because Fat people are disgusting.

>Taking Pleasure in misery of others
>WhatIsSlaanesh.jpeg

Why was the pic of Slaanesh updated?

there are a lot of depictions of obese people under Slaanesh, for obvious reasons.

And Nurgle is supposed to also have a lot of thin, anemic, malnourished, Wasting type sufferers, but they never get depicted.

Bloating, upset stomach, diarrhea. Some nurgling have a lot of bloating making them fat. Some have a lot of diarrhea making them skinny.

This would be perfect if there was a nigger under disease.

That's Zussavin, not Slaanesh.

this is very worng

No

Nah, you're stretching way too far. At least half of those were positive emotions, which the big four don't ever represent properly. And astonishment is basically surprise/disbelief.

The people saying you're wrong have very clearly not read the new Codex. It's very clear that's what they were going for in the very first few pages. Tzeentch and Nurgle being hope and despair is the reason that they hate each other so much. I'm not sure Khorne was ever said to be Displeasure, but he stands defiant against Slaanesh who represents a pleasurable existence. What is Khorne other than displeasure? There is nothing nice about what he does, all the other god's have "good" qualities. Nurgle is a dandy guy, Tzeentch raises people from squalor and hopelessness, and Slaanesh represents everything pleasurable to the senses.

I've always found the big 4 to be really boring. Somehow the apex of mortal emotion in the 41st millennium can be boiled down to Psycho, Cenobite, Wizard, AIDS. Not even Angry, Horny, Tricky, Sad, because the chaos gods don't really encompass all variations of those emotions and only ever manifest one way, and definitely not any of this other bullshit like and .
The chaos gods are exceptionally one note, and I think the setting is lesser for that

Chaos Gods are meant to encapsulate all the dark emotions of humanity, and in that goal they succeed. I can't think of a single evil thought that can't be lumped under one of the Gods.

>The Chaos gods are very specific beings with very specific emotional and thematic affinities.
Nothing in 40k seems too specific. Writers mess up chronological order and retcon all the time.

There are more than four chaos gods in both fantasy and 40k that they forget about all the time. The Horned Rat even encompasses Nurgle to a large degree

Go read some books instead of spouting shit fag, the chaos gods are the result of a corrupted warp post war in heaven, they cover all aspects but only show the bad ones.

It's bloating/swelling from disease. Dead bodies get gas build-up too

Slaneesh has actual obesity

It's Veeky Forums, if it doesn't feed into 'muh cannon' they'll vehemently deny it.

Fannon is cool an' all but people take shit too far

Khorne is martial training, spartan lifestyle (soldiers on the move don't need Slaanesh blow job machines, they need weapons), and honor.

Slaanesh is a fat fuck in comparison who likes exuberant decorum, feasts, and orgies

I've always taken away that Khorne's positive trait is the same as negative trait. He's the God of violence in a violent universe. If you want to be good at killing and all you want to pay in return is killing lots of people than he's the guy for you. Khorne doesn't bargain or trick, he offers blood in exchange for blood and that's it.

>And astonishment is basically surprise/disbelief.

Yeah of which the context matters heavily. Suprise from your friend betraying you could feed Tzeentch where the Suprise of how much fun you just had brutally murdering your friend could fuel Khorne.

Also the Chaos Gods show off all the bad things but claim to sprout from positive emotions to trick us into worshiping them. The Chaos Gods want you to generalize and put humans in a bubble that simply says "All humans are X, Y, Z, and R" people who are cynical of human nature instead of having faith that humanity is more than simply their nature are the ones that truly stand against chaos.

>Nurgle is the Great Lord of Decay and the Master of Plague and Pestilence. All things, no matter how solid and permanent they seem, are liable to eventual corruption, and Grandfather Nurgle sows the seeds of that entropy with carefully brewed infections and epidemics. Yet despite this grim work he is not a morose or dolorous god. Life begets death, and in turn death gives birth to new life, in the form of pallid, wriggling things that crawl free from mouldering corpses. Thus, the Plague God sees himself as a benevolent fellow, and goes about his business with laughter and honest joy. He sees mortal souls not as things to be dominated and destroyed, but naïve children to be plied with flesh-rotting gifts, and thus enlightened as to the true wonder of disease and decay.

>Clarity was Nurgle’s gift to his chosen: to see the world as it was, stripped bare of the tattered masks of desire and hope, leaving only a beautiful despair. There was comfort in surrender, and joy in acceptance. There was love there, at the heart of all endings, and serenity at the end of all things.

>There was precious little malice in the workings of Nurgle. Cruelty, yes, as life was cruel. Rapaciousness, even. But the horror of Nurgle was one of cosmic consideration. Khorne cared not from whence the blood flowed, but Nurgle cared for every life, no matter how tiny. Nurgle noticed every life. Every soul that crossed the threshold of the Lord of All Things received a splinter of his attention, and suffered for it.

-8th ED Nurgle lore

Daily reminder that Nurgle is a good god. He equally loves all that lives.

Honor, Pursuit of perfection, Acceptance and Hope.

hey where would the other gods (chaos or not) fall under?
Malal, the great horned rat, the elf/eldar gods, etc...

>he didn't read the Six Circles of Slaanesh story from the 6ed Codex

Sad, low energy, and fake news. Cut the shackles of Christian thinking and read a fucking fluffbook or two, you plebian swine.

>i love you so ill turn you into a disgusting blob

nah, fuck off

I remember a time when there was no hi-res version of this image and every copy that circulated here was so crunched and corrupted that I went on a journey to find an actually visible version of it

This "Nurgle is a good guy" meme needs to die

>this concept exists
>there's another entirely unrelated concept
>BUT THEY MUST BE RELATED SOMEHOW

Kill yourself, autismo.

What idiot used a different Slaanesh picture, that looks fucking shitty as hell.

Then there should only be 1 Chaos god, because they all end up covering each other anyway. For example, Khorne deals with change (turning alive things dead), spreads disease (corpses cause disease), and allows people to give into violent desires (murder).

I'm happy with the four great powers, but I think the hard division between them out to be softened to create lesser hybrid powers. I also think the strict Khorne vs Slaanesh and Tzeentch vs Nurgle system should be undone, both to facilitate said hybrids AND because the oppositions don't make much sense anyway.

>Top Right
He fucking updated it?