Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Deepstriking Bananas outside 3" of the enemy edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/19/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-4-stratagemsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=AOjoUfvstkQ

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

codex pdf when

Any tips on doing orky camo? like to make it look like camp but also like it was finger-painted on by a screaming retard?

*camo

Torquemada and Acolyte bubble become popular

Thanks Custodes!

Okay but since he can't deep strike and use that stratagem in the same turn, I've not actually seen a viable delivery mechanism yet.

WL Traits:

Champ of Emperor: Friendly Custodes can heroically intervene within 6"

Peerless Warrior: Your warlords attacks explode on 6s in melee.

Superior Creation: 5+ fnp

Impregnably mind: Can deny witch 1 per psychic phase, add 1 to this deny.

Radiant Mantle: -1 to hit your warlord.

Emperor's Champion: Reroll dice for damage on your warlord.

Relics:

Oblitarum: replaces grenade launcher, Assault 1, Str 10, -4ap, D3 damage.

Raiment of Sorrows: Roll d6 each time custodes bike or infantry dies, on a 4+ can shoot or attack. Banner relic. Can't use stratagem which also does this.

Eagles eye. Improve invuln by 1 to max of 3+.

Auric Aquilas. Bike with 3+ invuln save.

Praetorean Plate: Terminator armour. Pick an imperium character, when they are charged, your custodian appears 3" away and effectively heroicaly intervenes.

Wrath of Angles: Banner Bearer with -1 to hit banner. Loses -1 to hit. Friendly Imperium models pass morale phases. 1 time use 6" d3 mortal wounds against all people. Less likely to affect Custodes.

Auric Shackles: -1 attack to enemies. Gives extra points for slay the warlord in games.

Castellans mark: Can remove the character and a unit and set up somewhere else. Like mark of deceiver. After set up but before start.

Faith absolute: -1 to hit banner only. Loses -1 to hit, friendly imperium and biker units within 6" pass morale. Can attempt to deny one power per turn.

Show me your army Veeky Forums.

3 command points:

Teleport within 6" of Vexila termiantor, and 3" from an enemy.

Hows my list /40kg/

The strat is simple: I pop my models on the board, and me and my opponent play a game of "kill the tide of 90 -2 to hit, 5++/5+++ aidszombies before turn 3"

GUO will be held in reserve until turn 2 or 3, depending on when my hordes start to reach the enemy.

Battalion
HQ
Great Unclean One: Fleshy Abundance, Miasma of Pestilence, Plaguefly Hive warlord trait

Poxbringer: Horn of Nurgle's Rot, Virulent Blessing

5 Nurgling

30 Plaguebearers: Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Supreme Command Detachment

Nurgle Daemon Prince: Malefic Talon, Fleshy Abundance

Poxbringer: Miasma of Pestilence

Spoilpox Scrivener

Total: 1491

What will your Great Unclean One Have?

Also consider dropping second herald for a bagpipes guy. Morale checks on 2 dice is really good with your daemonic icon.

Make it purple. It makez u stelfier

Are custodians going to end up being the tankiest army? Or is that still going to be Death Guard/Crons?

just slather on purple paint everywhere in a nice thick coat.

>Wrath of Angles
Fuck's sake.

What would be a decent placeholder Custodes list until the 30k stuff is ported?

Stock... Bilesword, Plagueflail.

My thinking behind a second Poxbringer instead of a Bilepiper, is to be able to split up my guys without severly impacting their damage.

Also, if I get to the point where I'm taking multiple morale tests, I've already lost.

What's your plan to deal w/ super heavies? I really dig this list, what do you think of the Scrivener?

Vostroyan 63rd “Brass Dragoons”
Here’s a shot of my right-side deployment in a 2k game.

I'm not even ashamed

You can take morale tests even if you can't fail them.

Lose 2 models? Just take a test, on a 1 you gain D6 guys back.

>90 -2 to hit, 5++/5+++ plaguebearers
>1500 points game

Custodes will be too few to tank much.

>The greater good is a lie
>How do you weebs deal with this

It's not a lie, you must have been fed misinformation by the infidels

but if it was a lie, I'd enjoy the duplicity behind that

>Not pirating the book

You should be a -little- ashamed.

nice

But user, I'm a sucker for fancy shit - it will be my first physical codex ever

[Laughs in Flamer]

>buying the dice
>not pirating the book
be a little ashamed

Honestly? Bikes with Hurricane Bolters are so much better than everything else it isn't even funny. Just take a bike shield captain and spam as many bikers as you can fit.

The lion pelt looks like it's completely separate, which is great because now I can steal it for my Dangels.

I used to get physical codices for armies I actually played, but I feel 8th has really devalued the concept of a codex with it's rapid fire release schedule and constant FAQs and re-dos. Used to be a codex would last you a good five years.

>superheavies
>1500 points

My plan is to not face them.

If I DO happen to go up against a LoW in a 1500 point game, then the strat is the same as against any army: hope he can't kill my blobs before they reach him and start dishing out 30 S5, rerolling hits, rerolling wounds, 2 damage, every 6 to hit generates another attack, per each unit that reaches him.

Oh, also smites.

Centre deployment

I'm happy the feathers can be cut, but pissed he doesn't have a helmet.

>No helmet option

I don't really want to break my all helmets Custodes streak, but at the same time I don't really want to give him a generic troop helmet either...

Well.....shit.

and it will have to be edited within 6 months.

And left-side deployment.
Struggling to find time to paint my troopers, but I’ve just started a new job, so that’s all about to change.

Hydra Dominatus.

I give it a week. I’ve seen recasted with better quality control than GW

Haven't they had to FAQ almost every codex within the week of their launch now?

Are kataphron a legit to use troop choice, or are they more like heavy support in the wrong section of the combined codex? Are they worth using over vanguards/rangers as a troop in any way?

>Recasted

Your post is better proofread than GW manage.

Ah shit. Just re-read the rules on the morale phase.

I'm a Tyranid player so I usually don't care about morale.

Used to pre-8th, where morale was only when reaching a certain threshold of models killed. Forgot it was just any time models got kilt.

Thanks user.

highlight those niggers

They're basically Heavy Support that comes sans taxes, yeah. Take one Destroyer squad if you have some Kastelans because that stratagem is top-notch, but otherwise just take Rangers.

They're definitely misplaced heavy support, but they are good for lowering your troop tax by taking an obvious HS gun battery in a mandatory troop slot, and Obsec means it doesn't matter they only have three dudes when they squad down on an objective and shoot across the board all game.

Same here. Don't know how I'm gonna do.

>Heavy Support
>misplaced

>complaining that we get a heavy support that can contribute to Troop tax AND has obsec

I remember the admech errata came within at least a month of codex dropping.

The Mournival playtested the Custodes Codex.

Explains all the topknots I guess.

Yeah, I think you are right. It will be my first 40k army and I hoped that codices are better than AoS battletomes quality-wise. I'm gonna wait few weeks to see if they will errata it and then I will vote with my wallet

The thing is people do not pay me for my shitposting :^)

Also autocorrect hate having an owner that regularly use 3 different languages

>Praetorean Plate
this pleases cawl and the dakkabots

I didn't say misplaced was a bad thing for us, just that they're definitely in the wrong slot.

the answer is much simpler

I feel kinda bad, Flamers just bully those poor Plaguebearers.

I think the elite Custodians have a slightly different helmet, give him one of those?

But then I'll be missing a helmet for them.

Fuck it, I'll probably make a mold.

if you're only getting the standard book, not the limited edition that fine, there will always be more copies. consider picking up the cards though, since from memory those are more limited at release (i dont buy them myself)

I actually really like that design

it's basically just skitarii with a topknot on top

the skitarii were fuckin great too, so I'm not sure why user keeps posting it

→ #

Play special boy Farsight

God bless 25% online discounts.

I wanted 3 boxes of Allarus and Valoris, then ended up buying a 4th box and paying 1st class shipping for less than it woulda cost to buy my original order from GW with free shipping.

You might be able to find just the helmets on ebay after the release, maybe you'll have to wait a week or so.

the fact that a parody of his work is actually quite compelling goes someway to demonstrating why Jes is still one of the best designers out there

I'll see.

Any advice for how to paint the inside of a cape without ruining the armour?

paint it separately

Paint the cape first.

paint the cape before assembling?
See

paint the cape first or keep it separate if possible.

What colour red is that?

Block in the red before you start the shade and highlight on the gold. repair any mistakes on the gold and do the metal as normal, inside of the cape should just need a nuln oil coat or too because it's in shade.

khorne if it's actually geedubs shit

>Sub assemblies on an infantry model

>WL Traits
>Champ of Emperor
>Emperor's Champion

I sub assemble all of my tactical marines because fuck painting chest aquilas with a fucking gun in the way

>has never painted admech
so innocent. so pure.

also

Hmm Khorne, Nuln Oil, Layered with Khorne Again and by the looks of it, fire dragon bright highlight? Maybe another highlight under the orange.

Will he look better if I just fuck the cape and twist his arms and shoulders to different angle/pose?

Honestly he look really awkward with that pose.
> look I'm holding muh cape

20 to 30 guys in a 2000 point game, each with at least T5 (bikes have even more), W3/4 (W6/7 for characters), 2+, 3++/4++, a -1 to hit aura, a 6+ save for psychic powers and some models with a 6+++ FNP sounds pretty tanky, even with few models.

The fact that you can split a 3-10 man terminator deep striking group into multiple single model units makes them even tougher, since you need massed firepower to kill a Custode, so a few succesful wounds will often go to waste instead o hurting a squadmate and mortal wounds will not spill over.

Not him but am a dude who assembled 2 boxes of Start Collecting: Admech and haven't primed them yet.

How badly have I fucked up?

>Waah I need to paint the bits of chest a gun is covering

People really need to stop pretending that's a problem.

>Honestly he look really awkward with that pose.
it's honestly a pretty shit model.
If you look at the silhouette it's basically just a square with an axehead.
It's design 101 to give characters a distinct outline, especially if you have to recognize them at a glance, like in a game for example.
GW's design team has basically no fucking clue what they are doing anymore.

Dont paint the insides of the cape

Meh, just don't try to drybrush anything unless it's the very first thing you're colouring and you'll be fine.

Oh, and that -1 to hit Vexilla? Hellblasters will kill more points of themselves by overcharging than Custodians by shooting.

You're posting on a forum populated by dorks, dweebs, and other social outcasts, about a niche hobby wherein grown men with nothing better to do with their money buy marked up chunks of plastic and roll dice at each other.

Did you honestly expect anything BUT autism?

that or maybe agrax and wild rider rather than fire dragon maybe? fire dragon is very orange.

nah you're fine. there is just alot of area around the legs and chest which can be hard to reach. But keep in mind that if it's hard to reach it's hard to see. i'd say your fine. if you're really worried prime/under-coat with the main colour of your dudes, like a metal colour, as it will hid the unpainted shit somewhat as it blends with the rest of the model.

He's stepping out of someone's way in a tight space like a true hero of the imperium would
>muh lady

it's ugly if you don't, and painting models in parts is only a problem if you're a retard

Well last time I posted my army, I was told to wash and highlight. Washing is done, so hopefully next time I post I will have the highlighting done.

Guess who's a happy man?

-1 will hopefully work very well with a gunline of sagittarum guard

>especially if you have to recognize them at a glance, like in a game for example.

In a video game, sure. Stuff moving around, your field of view changing, etc. It's good to know what stuff on the screen is what. Outlines help.

This rule doesn't apply to a game where you use glorified chess pieces to roll dice.

inb4 someone strawmans me something along the lines of
>well if you can't tell his outline from any other infantry than you might as well proxy him as an Ork Warboss :^)

You can tell what model he is because it says on the fucking box that his sculpt comes in.

>but I don't play that army!

Your opponent does.

That being said, I don't like the model either.

holy shit user, if you're the dude im thinking of, these are much improved, great job.

The idiot who bought a start collecting Custodes kit which only actually comes with 5 Custodes models?

Why is LR looks so ugly in gold again?