Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

The two sides of me edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/19/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-4-stratagemsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=AOjoUfvstkQ

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

lgs owner becoming a soy-boy, wat do?

8th edition is fairly bland

Do you think that Custodes will be actually viable as a separate army or are they just a newbie-trap?

Choose your waifu

Fulgrim the Palatine Phoenix share anyone?

Has a stupidly elite army been viable since 5th ed GK?

invite him to go to the gym with you, all the while shooting the shit about 40k, minis, painting, etc.

I want /pol/ to go and stay go

Bit of both
Seems more to me theyre there for the small minority who will pay top dollar for them and not care how they perform

Is Hetaeron Guard in Custodes codex?

cinnamon best

it's a bit bland but i feel like it's a great starting point for the next edition, it's simple enough that it can be expanded into

>no Custodes Gold
you had one job!

They shouldn't, they don't leave the Sanctum Imperialis
Besides, book doesn't drop until 27th, how are we supposed to know

Fuck off

Buy it you silly cunt.

Soyboys shower, have money and jobs, often have a girlfriends which keeps em less socially awkward, and tend to not throw temper tantrums

Soy boys >>>>>>>> neckbeards

cry about it on the internet in the vague hope that an anonymous neck-beard will validate your opinion

>small minority who will pay top dollar for them
But they are quite cheap compared with other armies - the dollar to point ratio seems to be good

xth for geedubs price gouging

What are you doing today anons. Any hobby goals? Any games planned? Any recent purchases?

This isn't /pol/ anymore, its common phrase on and off Veeky Forums.
I'm afraid "/pol/" has gone mainstream, just look at A THIRD OF THE FUCKING COUNTRY voting for trump and his homophobic minion pence.

answering these stupid fucking questions thread after thread

California gold is best girl

How is GW going to fix the shitty vehicle rules in 9th edition?

>the living saint patrol detachment
>actually makes a battalion

Now you're just throwing fuel on the fire

Hetaeron and Aquilon terminators are elite choice for Legio Custodes in 30k.
But I guess only unit from 30k that are in 40k are normal Guards and Shield Captain

It wasn't until the end of the HH that Big E was interred on the Throne
The Compaions do not leave the sanctum in 40k.

>lol mortal wounds

Nope. They're going to be a vital component in soup lists, but nothing more than that.

bought my 1st of 2 SC boxes for admech. looking to paint some horrifying 80s tier camo on an ork trukk today.

it helps us get the minimum amount of hobby shit out of the way so /pol/posting can commence as usual.

>custodes STILL not up on US site

>year of the xenos

Why delete your post? Anyhow, same reply.
Also the FW range is getting ported as datasheets eventually, but just the models, not stuff like the Companions

Considering Veeky Forums is the /pol/ of 40k; it's not very likely.

What are some good Tyranids units to take in my GSC army as a smaller force?

Is there a Chapter who's rules work well with a balanced Primaris army beside the Imperial Fists ?

>NPCs still think they're relevant

looking for plasma cavaliers on ebays and bitz sites. it is not going well

genestealers

Better him than At-Hillery the Hun.
[Spoiler]I voted green, fuck you.[/spoiler]

Well fists don’t, so there’s that. The best is DAngels, followed by RG and ultras, then arguably blood angels, and everyone after that.

There is an elite unit in this release called Wardens, they could be the Hetaeron equivilent.

What 'shitty vehicle rules'

>Ultras
How do they work with Primaris? How do they work with anything at all besides spamming Guilliman and Assbacks?

Will she ever return?

I think what he meant to say was "shitty battlesuit rules".

More Custodes X Sisters of Silence lore when.

No.
And she can't return because she never was in codex.

He's probably mad that his drop pod melta squads aren't meta anymore.

Ctrl. S my dude

> just look at A THIRD OF THE FUCKING COUNTRY voting for trump
the world isn't america burger. why call it the world series if the only has one nation competing? is there country more retarded than the burgers?

we can dream, alongside a new line of sisters

I could see her being a special character if/when SoB get a full re-release, but its a long shot.

Did her old model ever get rules?

Pick your top 5 Primarchs who AREN'T Horus, who could have been the Warmaster

How does your first choice impact the Heresy?
Does it still happen?

I bought mine off miniature market

>go in to store
>no one else showed up
>go home
>tfw no 40k until next saturday at the latest
I want to play games.

She has had both a model and rules before.

Phone posting bruv.

>Horus now turns due to being passed over for Warmaster

"anti tank" weapons like railguns taking 4-5 turns to pop a rhino
"anti infantry" weapons like a bassilisk being effective anti tank guns
a weapon that penetrates flak armor also reduces tank armor effectiveness by 50%
no armor facing
shooting form your antennae
tanks getting swamped by lasguns

Take your pick honestly.

>"anti infantry" weapons like a bassilisk

Join him, you salty bitch.

With some luck based Wraight is already writing another novel about Valerian and Aleya.

It’s a /v/ meme

> Sanguinius being a good daddy's boy, The Great Crusade goes smoothly, chaos got fucked even harder.

>just bought an army of jetbikes
>lgs friend offers me a box half price
>it's an insanely good deal but I don't have the pocket change

plz no more

Used to be, yes.
Now its an indirect fire anti tank gun.

The basilisk for the past 20 years until 6 mo ago, was used to blow away mobs of infantry. Removing blast fundamentally broke how half the guns in the game work. Now battle cannons and earth shakers are more effective at blowing away a single hardened model instead of hordes

The World Series accepts international teams there just aren’t any

okinawa plz

>consider chinacast stuff for the price
>decide on forgeworld anyway for quality
>tfw the quality is shit

>custards relics are literally copy pasted 5e Necron powers

year of the xenos btw

>HomoPHOBIC
Electric Pence isn't the one who is afraid.

Slavcast is a good inbetween

Falling back and being able to shoot is pretty good for a lot of your units since they’re not melee-oriented. It’s not top tier, but still solid.

kahn
sang
vulkan - only cause he's a nice boy he would have been a shit warmaster
bobby - cause he runs a good system, follows orders from big E well, and shows actual compassion of others.
Dorn - would say pert if he wasn't such a team killing shitlord

>kahn dreams of uniting humanity, does what it takes, is cool headed and doesn't play favourites but still plays well with others.

>tfw I knew a girl that looked like Amazon

Cute brown exists.

I'll take Pacific Tan myself.

Time to get back to my Not!Polynesian Tzaangors

The lion is warmaster, causing friction between sw and da. Perhaps he would have turned traitor himself, but Horus probably would’ve anyways as he was more corrupted by then.

It might help if you were to spell caliver correctly.

We know custodians relics?

lol no.

Basilisks always hurt vehicles hard when they hit them, what are you on about
Armour facings were just one of the multiple ways vehicles were laughably inferior to monsters.
Bad rolls with anti-tank weapons allowing light vehicles to survive are absolutely nothing new

And as much as I see people go on about lasguns killing tanks, its still takes an astronomical amount of shots to vaguely threaten them, and there'll always be more appropriate targets for those shooters.

45% I believe.

jokes on you user i don't even like in the euro zone.

Sanguinius - Pretty much the only Primarch apart from Horus that most of the Primarchs could get behind. Level headed, insightful, loyal. Falling is almost impossible, but can be done if Lorgar learned about the Flaw and twisted that knowledge to his own ends.

Jaghatai - Almost everyone just seems neutral on the guy and he is surprisingly level headed. He even guesses most of what the Emperor was doing behind the scenes. However, he wouldn't want the job at all and that may cause him to fall.

Vulkan - THE nice guy. I think it's impossible that he could fall given what we know except for the most bullshit deus ex corruption. That said, he wouldn't be a great Warmaster since he'd always think of the little guy.

Fulgrim - He'd be a fucking great Warmaster but the job would probably go to his head. I'm hoping that in this Alternate Universe Ferrus could ground him in reality, but if Lorgar manages to take Ferrus out of the picture then everything's fucked.

Roboute - A lot of people would hate him to the point that I don't think he could do the job. I don't think he could fall, but that's pointless when everyone's scheming behind your back. Out of all the Primarchs plagued with this problem though, Guilliman could deal with it the best.

>tfw get chinacast and the quality is on-par with FW display pieces which are sub-master casts

It pays to check the community site.

The trait matters very fucking little because
a) your units usually won't survive a melee phase against something that wants to charge them
b) all the units that actually get the trait are a few shitty Intercessors you'll use for Obj Camping whose firepower is irrelevant.

Patrician taste user.

Is it worth the points?

>Basilisks always hurt vehicles hard when they hit them, what are you on about
Only if your shot landed perfectly.
Admittedly easier to do in the later editions because of how scatter worked, but it was never a first pick anti tank weapon.
Now it's an extremely cost effective one.

>Armour facings were just one of the multiple ways vehicles were laughably inferior to monsters.
Except every armor facing was at least 10, and monsters could have a max toughness of 10.

>Bad rolls with anti-tank weapons allowing light vehicles to survive are absolutely nothing new
No, it's nothing to do with bad rolls. A tau railgun will take like 10 turns to kill a rhino ON AVERAGE

>And as much as I see people go on about lasguns killing tanks, its still takes an astronomical amount of shots to vaguely threaten them,
Good thing they get an astronomical amount of shots for dirt cheap.
And now that templates are removed, vehicles cannot deal with hordes at all.

Just wait for your codex

Is this cheap?

>Get chink dark eldar
>models are rife with slippage
>can't even tell after they're painted and cleaned up

Tell him you dont have all the money yet, but payday isnt far away ? either pay what you can now or tell him to just hold the models for alittle over a week.

You do have a job, right ?

>sanguinius is a competent and kind ruler that, when needed, deals with opponents mercilessly
>Guilliman is an expert statesman and eloquent leader, not to mention a genius tactician
>dorn is a master of defense and command, easily capable of keeping mankind from the threat of beyond
>Ferrus ironically prized humanity the most of any Primarch and would see a strong, robust imperium capable of withstanding all threats
>the Lion is a cunning General and excellent leader, ideal for organizing offensives and securing long-lost planets

>waiting for a Xenos Codex