magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Do we really need all these Art Sources?
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchantress_(DC_Comics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is photojoiner down for anyone else?

Why is this always worse than Ancient Craving and color-weighted more heavily too?

Does MSE update at all? I'm not seeing much different from the last time I visited their site a few years ago.

bump

Anyone know a site where I can get some of these printed in passable quality? Id like to use some to make an event.

Not really in the traditional sense. They hotfix and change things with each of the new template releases, near as I can tell.

Is there anywhere to update the keyword bank?

Undercosted. Compare Zendikar Incarnate.

What do you mean by that?

You can go to the "Keywords" tab and change things around.

I don't want to "change things around" so much as just update the list to include newer sets. Mine goes up to Battle for Zendikar.

I did. 1 less toughness puts it in bolt/searing spear range. Compensated for that with the not-keyword. I suppose you could argue for it to be color-heavier and rare. Maybe 1RGG.

Just add the keywords you need/want. It's pretty easy. Do you know how? I can let you know if you don't.

>Just add the keywords you need/want. It's pretty easy. Do you know how? I can let you know if you don't.
I know how, I just don't want to do them one-by-one. You used to be able to download updates and that's what I'm asking about. Do they no longer update the list?

They do with the newer template releases, near as I can tell. So if you have the templates for the Aftermath cards out of Amonkhet you should be more caught up than you are, in theory.

I don't even see the Aftermath template on their lists.

Could have sworn I saw an user use them a while back. Might have been shooped? Ah well, sorry about that. I just add keywords when I need/want them so I haven't checked for new templates in forever.

Did someone say

ɥʇɐɯɹǝʇɟɐ

Really like that design. Does something like this already exist?

Nothing that efficient.

Double menace (This creature can't be blocked except by four or more creatures.)

Aka this "Creature can't be blocked."

This guy is really cool for a gobbo. Well balanced and well designed.
Wizards needs to hire this man. But to answer your question, yes it's down for me.
Nice finisher for Zur decks, I really like it.
This is very black, but maybe drop it to 2B?
This guy is bretty cool too.
Standard bant faire, but the art is really cool.
I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED for my vampire edh deck.
Raka-Mar 2.0 would make an awesome commander.

Since MSE is down, I'll be posting 1 at a time. This guy used to be blue but people told me he shouldn't be, so I made him BG and changed his sac ability a little.

Its a cool design, but is there any reason its not just +1/+1 counters?

>MSE
I meant photojoiner. Also, is the link to the new card frame with the new watermark in the template link for the OP?

Finding card art is a pain in the ass.

That has the same problem as instant speed discard. You can shut down someone's turn with it by hitting them before their draw step. It should only stop drawing more than one card that turn.

This neat. I'm not super fond of blue "reanimation", but limiting it to 2/2 helps make it more acceptable.

Also, anybody have good advice for making a not shit set symbol?

square set symbol is the master race

Make sure the symbol editor is set to "Snap." makes positioning a ton easier. And if shapes don't overlap correctly, try fiddling with the different options and change what order the layers are in.

Draw one in photoshop/gimp/illustrator/whatever and just shop it onto the exported card images. The set symbol thing in MSE sucks like OP's mom

oke here's my shitty attempt, also I like this lady, any reason why she's an enchantress though? Sac outlet, decent body, and a psuedo as foretold.

This dude is pretty simple.

She's a comic book character, named Enchantress.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchantress_(DC_Comics)

My advice is to abuse the Subtract feature.

Monthly Force of Will post

I've heard good things about that game, but buying into one card game is rough enough, let alone two.

Yeah, I'll fiddle with it more later. It's just nice to be able to distinguish my cards from the other anons using the square lol.

This I did not know. The card is good by itself, the enchantress name was just weirding me out.

Another card. Does this guy seem too pushed for common?

The game is great if you like Japanese artists (anime let's be real) and Magic with modified play rules.

Outside of combat and lands, the game is exactly the same.

Bumpan

why is this red? it's pretty much a WB effect.

tryna make a hilarious wincon for each of the 4-color combos for edh.

Whaddya think o this, the first of 'em?

There's nothing white about this neither in flavor nor mechanics, while you could make a strong argument for red. You also need to shuffle.

>while you could make a strong argument for red.
Seems good. Color changin' it up.

>You also need to shuffle.
Ah, ofc.

Cuz gobbo.
Should it be mono black? Should it be changed to discard?

It can be mono black, look at some of the old torment era stuff, with that 1B for 1/1.

There's also damn near identical cards in Theros block and Ixalan (Kitesail Freebooter).

A few suggestions I thought of if you want to keep it RB in flavour:
- On ETB opponent reveals their hand, you choose a creature card with power 3 or more, that player discards that card. You also discard a card.
- On ETB opponent reveals their hand, you choose a nonland card and that player discards it. You lose life equal to the cmc of that card.
- On ETB opponent reveals their hand, you choose a creature card with power 3 or more, that player discards that card. When ~ dies, target opponent may return a creature card at random from their graveyard to their hand.

>like a wheel but better
idk how to feel about this.

Interesting. I think I might go with the last option.

>giving red and black enchantment removal

Might want to rethink that.

I don't know what sort of format you are designing for, but this is more than likely too strong for it.

>tryna make a hilarious wincon for each of the 4-color combos for edh.
lol. This is a weaker version of RTR Jace's ult. You could make a case for this in UBR, which is really stretching it, but WG just doesn't work here.

Since people kept criticizing the wording on the last version, here's this. As I've explained already, the main problem with the last iteration was targeting. So I just removed targeting altogether on this one. I'm not exactly comfortable with the change though. Let me know if you guys think this is better or if it should target. Oh, and I changed it so it can't tap/untap lands now.

And no, he doesn't have Flash, and he'll probably never have it.

Sorry about that, I keep forgetting to talk about the cards when I post them. But whenever you see the CO set symbol, that's me making a card based on comic books. I'm not making a legit set, what with ratios between rarities and a set number of cards for each color and all that. This is just a collection of comic book cards I'm just doing for fun.

>card
This seems OK. If it's rare, that is. I can't really tell if it's rare or uncommon with that set symbol. It's just too small.

When you make so many changes to the creature, I think it would just make more sense to make a token rather than recur it.

I feel like the most valuable part of this is the last ability, since it makes blocking more difficult for the defender.

Worse Spellskite at same cost? Though it is uncommon.

Phoenix Force. From what I understand of it, basically a primordial force of creation. Grants near-limitless power to those it inhabits, most notably Jean Grey.

So, the idea here is to balance out being able to cast a bunch of stuff for free with other downsides.

why did this card style drop out of fashion?

Because it's not the fashion yet

i finally get it, future set.

did any of the shit in this set ever actually happen?

I know you guys are triggered/don't care but i decided to clean up my template a little.

here's the old one:

photojoiner is down atm unfortunately.

mechanics and keywords, references to a lot of future sets

This has way too much going on for what is essentially a hard to remove beater.

Either lose the draw restriction, or the hand shuffle. What good is casting stuff for free if you have no other cards to use your mana on.

First ability has to be a replacement effect: "if", not "whenever". It should probably only care about scries. 8 mana blah blah blah, but Lens of Clarity and similar effects lets you dump your library onto the battlefield.

Only if you only play permanents and then you might as well just play Primal Surge

This feels a bit strong at instant

I agree with the other guy.
He kinda feel white. Maybe WB.

You have 30 seconds to prove you are better than an actual WotC employee by uploading a card using one of your own custom mechanics.

Today you are competing against Ken Nagle, the man being groomed as the next MaRo, and he has entered this masterpiece:
>Pwnage — By Ken Nagle, for New Phyrexia. It allowed you to shuffle cards from your opponent's library into your own.

Good luck.

This card is interesting. I wonder how it could be easily broken.
Sunburst and domain should have been used together in future sight, but I like this.
Myth seems like a really cool ability.

Now that photojoiner is up, here are all of the multicolored ones.

the blue one is amazing

the red one is trash

You think so? I think it could be very useful to refuse a draw in order to get a guaranteed shock when you need it.

Well, it violates a bunch of design tenets so just about anything that doesn't will beat it handily. This is one of my favorites that nobody but me likes, so I'll submit this.

What, you think reusable, manaless reach is good in the aggro color on an early-game evasive beater? the answer is yes

I can dig this, but can also see it being very abusive at high values.

I made this with some user in one of these threads a long time ago: hunt.

Thoughts on my cult mechanic?
The idea is that Cultist isn't a creature type a creature inherently has but gets through the mechanic or by being created as a token by another card.
I've been trying for a while to design a good mechanic for the Cultists in my set, so I would appreciate feedback.

Flavorful, but I ultimately don't like it. It doesn't do anything by itself. It's four lines of baggage to achieve very little.

I like these.

Thanks!

Memory issues. Make it rules text, reduce to a cycle and use counters.

I could see it using +1/+1 counters as a marker, similar to renown/monstrous, only it's used to monitor a creature type change instead of a state. It would require some finagling in the set though concern how many counters are in it, and I don't think it should be an upkeep trigger if it's a set mechanic.

If it used a counter and was a main set mechanic though, I don't love that it's in the set with myth (I also don't like that name, even if the mechanic itself is cool). It might be okay because creatures don't get myth counters unless they are not creatures, so there shouldn't be confusion, but I dunno. I think it's still a little redundant to have two named mechanics featuring placing counters to mark changes in the same set if you did change Cult to use one.

Otherwise, I agree with you about just reducing it to a cycle and using a counter and not keywording it.

>I could see it using +1/+1 counters as a marker
I think this is relevant.