Is this right? If a creature of evil is experiencing injustice, should you defend it?

Is this right? If a creature of evil is experiencing injustice, should you defend it?

No. If it's evil, it's just experiencing retribution and had it coming.

From my personal pov it depends entirely on what the creature is and what the injustice is that is being done to it. I might help defend a lesser creature of evil from slight injustices that happened as outside events independent of its actions if its actions haven't been entirely horrendous. That might mean the creature then isn't one of evil, but that's a different conversation. At the same time I'm not going to help defend against the "injustice" of a balrog/greater demon not getting its virgin sacrifice tributes, or if that entity gets fucked over by outside events that leave the general area in a better state of affairs than it was under its domain.

Depends entirely on who is inflicting said injustice. An idiot goddess must always be rebuked.

It would depend on the moral system in the setting.
But generally speaking if the setting has norms of due process or universal rights then yes.

>That Aqua

There's KILLING INTENT in her eyes.

She's a demonophobe. She's your average Veeky Forums smitefag.

Absolutely. Existence alone cannot be a crime. To deny a being their right to exist simply for being what they are is not justice.

>Retarded
>No one likes her
>Backpedals whenever anyone points out that something she did was retarded
>Gets really pissy whenever anyone calls her out on being retarded
>A completely immoral asshole who nonetheless claims to be righteous by virtue of what she opposes

Yep, average smitefag.

I'm not saying this in the meme or even derogatory way, but is she autistic? Holy shit.

Watch the show and decide for yourself.

depends entirely on the specifics of the situation.

>not being so righteous that a personification of evil falls in love with you.

Depends.

Not really.
She IS however incredibly stupid. Astoundingly so, even. And has the power of a goddess, and thus hasn't had to deal extensively with things she can't just smite arbitrarily or just avoid.
And, as a goddess, she is ridiculously holy and can smite undead/demons like few other things (and otherwise does healing and party tricks).
So, not that she can't be empathic and all, more that she's a stupid spoiled jackass.

Phonefaggotry brought us this image quality and content. The internet is getting worse on several levels.

They can go die in a fire.

That's a hard question to answer. No matter what way you look at it, an evil punishment is an evil punishment, regardless of whether the one subject to it is evil or good, so a truly good creature should be repulsed by it. The complication, however, is where the line between fair and unjust punishment lies. The opinion of most is that punishment should match the severity of what earned it, meaning someone that has killed another should, in turn, be killed, and someone that has caused great pain to another should, in turn, undergo great pain, but this is problematic because this way of thinking attempts to justify evil with a context that makes it more gratifying than actually good, begging the question, "Can punishment of any kind be good?" Without going into the problems with that question, I think most everyone, even hardline moralists, would agree that, under the right circumstances, the answer to that question is yes. But what circumstances would result in that answer? Well, there are a lot, but, ultimately, the best circumstance in which punishment is moral is when the punishment serves, as though to a child, to teach and rehabilitate the subject rather than to gratify the one doling it out, so if a creature of evil is being punished with purpose of benefiting the punisher, then yes, it should be defended.
Better, shorter answer.

someone give examples so all of us "depends" types can narrow things down a bit.

I mean in this context there isn't anything wrong. Succubus takes some life force, participants willing get it, and they get a fuck out of there lifetime.

But you know. Regular, not-weeb Succubus don't work that way.

Say Lucifer, lord of darkness, bringer of pain and sorrow, was, as punishment for his rebellion against the God and the damnation of His children, millimeter by millimeter, to have his goat penis sliced off, seared in the fires of hell with some wine and spices, and forcefed to him as all of Creation watched and laughed for all of eternity. Would it be ethical?

Communist International called the social democrats social fascists and we called the communists red fascists so the communists decided it'd be wrong to ally with us. Then the Nazis came to power because of a divided Reichstag.

In Poland after Nazi Germany attacked, some (and particularly the Jew) viewed the Soviets as liberators. Some Jews rose to high position and oversaw the deportations to Siberia of many ethnic Poles by the NKVD. By the time of 1941 when Germany invaded the Soviet Union it was the Poles who viewed the Germans as liberators. So some cooperated with the Nazis and helped with massacres.

People are ultimately drawn to extremist ideologies because they promise solutions to real and valid problems. It is obvious why ethnic minorities would be drawn to an international, explicitly nonracist ideology like Communism over Nazism. It is also obvious why Poles would feel a need for a sense of revenge and justice. And the Communists were just as cruel, if not more than Nazi Germany.

Unfortunately, hard-line extremist ideologies don't acknowledge the needs and wants of other peoples groups which makes cooperation very difficult and can lead to even worse ideologies coming to power.

We should work hard to understand everyones needs and wants and even those who we find detestable because they are real people with real and valid feelings and if we don't we could lose very important allies or friends.

No. There is no justification to inflict eternal, never-ending punishment for a crime, no matter how vile or wretched. That goes beyond justice and into perverse sadism.

She's not really a demonophobe, although she certainly has some beef with them.

Eris on the other hand, would extinguish the lives of the entire species without a second thought.

Nobody would care if it was a male demon.

More like incredibly childish.

Mercy is an oxymoron. There is no such thing. Do you think that if a judge only had such "mercy" on young white women that would really be mercy? That would be spite. It'd be hate and the worst sorts of racism and sexism. Having mercy only on the Succubus and not on other beings is hypocrisy of the highest sort. If you do that then go shit on the graves of all the other people you've killed.

It's kind of the definition of lawful vs chaotic.

Chaotic, even chaotic good, goes with the flow for whatever feels right at the time. They can even be the ones who enact laws that seemed like a good idea, only to later fight them and break them.

Lawful characters believe in the rule of law. That it doesn't matter a person's disposition, place of birth, race, or creed. That the law is blind. Not because of some blind worship of some bullshit text, but because to failure to uphold the law when it's convienient means that the law doesn't mean shit. He's not defending the evil creature for the creature's sake, he's defending it for his own sake. For society's sake. For the very nature of the rule of law. And it doesn't have to be the nation's law. Everyone can have their own code. Thing that they'll do and thing they won't do. What's required for them to look themselves in a mirror every morning. To feel like they're not the bad guy. To stave off suicide or dropping out or rage quitting.

Personally, I'll defend a NAZI's right to protest. I'd never want them in power, but the same jackboots that are trying to stomp my neck are the ones stomping on theirs.

>Square up thots
>When kazuma is being the thot in that scene

Evil unlawful makes it not

But evil unlawful should be

No, but this stems from irrationally applying logic from other settings to ones where it doesn't work quite as well.

In settings like D&D, some creatures are by their nature always evil. They are defined as evil. They're not usually evil or tend to be evil, they are objectively provably evil.

That, clearly, changes the moral equation on when it's okay to smite them.

In other settings, they aren't necessarily evil, even if they usually are or something like that. Without the conceit of their evilness being objectively true and provable in all cases, the idea that they must always be smited on sight comes off as insane. In KonoSuba's case, this is played for comedy.

bullshit, she even tries to murder Wiz.

>Wiz
Now there's a sweet, innocent girl who did nothing wrong. Everyone makes >tfw no redeemed succubus wife topics and defends demons and shit, when we have a good-hearted demon lord's general and lich-girl who decided to be nice out of the goodness of her own heart.

Only at first, they become good friends later.

And yet, Aquafags still exist.

Konosuba is my absolute favorite Veeky Forums anime. There's something about a party with an epic destiny whose only real challenge is overcoming their own massive egos and crippling personality flaws that just gets me right in the funnybone
also Megumin is best girl

>Eris on the other hand, would extinguish the lives of the entire species without a second thought.
And even worse than that she pads her chest!

That's not how you spell Eris.

What's particularly funny is by comparing her to her Chris disguise you can clearly see she does indeed pad her chest.

No.

Right > Left

I'd take a flat-chested qt3.14 over inevitable saggy boobs any day of the week.

Only if its unarmed.
Then I'll throw it a bone to defend itself with, such is the will of justice.

Helping the creature is a bad party biting the plot hook.
Ignoring it is an average party not falling for the obvious plot hook.
Helping the ones punishing it is a great party giving your GM the chance to create an even better hook.

>The opinion of most is that punishment should match the severity of what earned it, meaning someone that has killed another should, in turn, be killed, and someone that has caused great pain to another should, in turn, undergo great pain,
I dunno dude, there's a lot of nuance that goes a bit beyond "eye for an eye".

Like theft. If a thief steals $100 and gets caught 10% of the time, you don't fine them $100.

If someone cold-heartedly murders someone, that's worse than accidental manslaughter. Let's compare those dipshits that drove trucks into crowds vs.... say.... a diabetic who went too low and lost consciousness at the wheel and hit someone.

It's tempting to just make blame = intent. But then you've got those nutjobs who think they're helping babies get to heaven when they eauthanize them, or self-deluded cult-leaders, or those investment scam artists who claim to have a legitimate business.

>Can punishment of any kind be good?" Without going into the problems with that question, I think most everyone, even hardline moralists, would agree that, under the right circumstances, the answer to that question is yes.

I'd have to agree. But "those circumstances" are essentially.... how developed is the nation. In bumble-fuck Africa, where the jail house is a mud-hut and a guy with a spear watching you, they don't have the capabilities for rehabilitation. When there's 50 pick-pocket cases a day and the orphanages are full, there's just no other options. But when food and housing is cheap, and someone just gets too drunk one night and they're otherwise productive members of society... it costs more to punish them than to rehabilitate. But you can't start spending resources to HELP criminals if that would be a step up for the poor rabble obeying the laws. That puts a negative reward system in play.

And some punishment isn't rehabilitation or punishment. It's just exile. We don't want you in society anymore so we will remove you.

Justice applies to everyone, even the evil. In fact, the evil use justice more frequently than the good will ever need it. Such is the irony of things.

Yes

"you are under arrest for your crimes and further investigations"

>tfw I genuinely walked the path of explosions before becoming a meme
love at first sight

She's a goddess. They don't sag.

Would you defend a armed and bomb strapped IS soldier being attacked by your country soldiers? Thats what jumping in too save known asshole beings is. (Unless you yourself is a IS sympathizer or contrarian)

>not biting the bait with full force and embarking on a redemption quest.
>not giving the local order of Paladins the middle finger because fuck those guys and their better-than-thou attitude.
>not using the fact that you played along with the GMs redemption fetish so you can use it against him the next time to throws a fit when you slide your own fetish into the game.

>is also obvious why Poles would feel a need for a sense of revenge and justice. And the Communists were just as cruel, if not more than Nazi Germany.
The soviets fucked the poles over so much that they basically forgot that they were being gass chambered by the germans.
Its kinda silly.

Go shit on the imaginary corpses of all the other imaginary people you imagined killing who didn't look like a hot white woman.

I completely agree and acknowledge that nothing I said in my post would ever be possible or practical in the real world. If it was, then being good wouldn't be so hard.

>Is this right? If a creature of evil is experiencing injustice, should you defend it?

>that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (t. Matthew 5:46)

Yes, who is truly benevolent would care about even the malevolent ones

>better-than-thou attitude.
Your stupid attitude against authority is getting annoying cucknon.

why is megumin so cute?

>Fans of """"Justice"""" making a point not to help out those they deem evil, and then wonder why they are often a minority.

Mercy can change a man.

Given the opportunity I would rather incapacitate the guy and disable the device than kill him obviously, but that chance won't always exist.

In OP's example, it's more complex, as in this one particular instance the demon actually is the victim in the situation. Without knowing anything else about it, and no time to act, I would banish it back to it's home plane in hopes that the mercy I've shown would have an effect on it. Of course that could just be the paladin of redemption I've been playing for the last month and a half talking, but I've never been particularly smite-happy against non-undead or clearly evil beings.

Legitimately, unironically, made me think.

The only injustice is her not already being exterminated

>idiots always fall for the human-faced monsters literally designed to prey on mankind's instinct to relate to those who look like them

user, Humans are real monsters

Yes, you idiots. That's why it's justice.

>excellent energetic personality
>power to lay waste to those she deems unworthy
>yet still very feminine and always in need of someone to drag her ass back home after she blows things up
10/10 wife material

It's weird why so many artists don't want cute things to look at them.

>Having an attack stat.
Honestly should be a 0/2 Defender.

eyes are the mirror of soul and you can only put your own soul in what you draw

for many people it gets too real

If that is so, then it is not injustice.

And I advice caution, knight... Too often your kind confuse vengeance with justice. One is necessary, while the other only further adds to the cause of evil, all the more if it comes from a righteous man.

Yes.
It'll owe you one.

Especially if you're in a setting where demons have some kind of strict honor system or are unable to blow off a debt or something.

Yes! Let no justice remain unchallenged!

>Let no justice remain unchallenged!
There's evil and then there's just being edgy, user.

>idiots always fall for the human-faced monsters
>human faced monsters
Smitefags were the real monsters all along.

I got your sag...

Devils are born evil, humans CHOSE to be.

She's a dumb, mid-tier goddess with disproportional amounts of power put in charge of handling the passing on of those who died young. She has lived nothing but a pampered life where her heaviest burden were probably mild administrative duties, and suddenly she's dragged into a hostile fantasy world where giant frogs want to eat her.

Needless to say she's a little bit upset and out of place.

You still get to fulfill a karmic boost for performing a restorative action.

Like any true champion of justice, Minsc is easily confused by words.

The next great anime will first respect physics.

By the definition of injustice yes, if you have an oath to protect those suffering from injustice because justice as they say is blind. Which is also why justice is also often wrong, so use your own judgement.

>anime will ever respect physics
I remain skeptical

Literally nothing wrong with that scene

It respects physics like Kazuma respects his team mates.

He respecc
He protecc
But most importantly, he recc

He lets them have fun once in a while.

fuck yeah, I love that guy. One of the most heroic and selfless characters in the entire franchise.

>anime never respects physics

You need to watch more anime.

Somehow I don't think that would help any

>Aquafags
Only thing I hate is being called an Aquafag for feeling sorry for her, she most definitely did not want to adventure with Kazuma.

Also in the LN her contemporary,
Eris, is revealed to be just that little bit worse

It will. There is a lot of anime out there.

There is nothing wrong with a little sag.

But user, that's exactly the problem.

Not at all. There are a lot out there and many amazing ones have respect for physics. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Nigga.
Are you saying a man shouldn't have a soft spot for hot white women?
Because I can get you some dating site statistics that would prove anybody with that opinion is in the minority.

The problem is the ones you are talking about are vanishingly few, so simply watching more anime means you will in all likelyhood miss them entirely.

For practical purposes they do not, in fact, exist.

Oh, so you are saying you never read the initial post and jumped into a conversation out of context.

>tumblr gif
>soy nye
>non sequitur

Get your whole shit together.

Devils succumb to evil, they're literally fallen angels. If you go by D&D, Demons are born from the souls of evil mortals, and thus chose to be evil as well. Very few things are "born" evil, and most of them are dragons.

>soy nye
Guys like him and le black science man almost make me believe those "scientism" guys may have a point about the fetishizing of science in modern society. Neither of the two are scientists, Nye is an engineer and Tyson hasn't published anything in years in what's widely considered a publish-or-die profession. They're both popular scientists, which is fine in and of itself, if it weren't for the fact that they're using the mantle of science to parade their own opinions around as fact. They're somehow under the delusion that pretending to be scientists makes them scientists, and the gullible leddit crowd eats it all up.