Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Slaanesh updates when?

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/19/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-4-stratagemsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=AOjoUfvstkQ [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

firth for the confused edition

Anyone else from Veeky Forums going to LVO?

These mongoloids don't even play the game

Do you guys think primaris reivers will go well with custards? Those nades look like a nice complement for melee

Post trolleys

thats a cute daemonette.

Don't be so salty, just enjoy the ride

They don't exactly need it, they have a strat where an Allarus unit can shoot shock nades for a turn, too, for one CP
If you want to save on CP then sure

Fair enough, I'm really excited. I've done several AdeptiCons, NOVA, and the other 'bigs' but this is my first time at the LVO.

Rules soon.

Hey guys are these okay as seraphim?

Those are awful, user. Why did you do this to me

If I start worshipping Slaanesh, will I recieve my own loli daemonette sex slave ?

>Want to paint a sexy female for my army
>gw only makes trans men that have chopped their dicks off and grown long hair

where do i find a decent female miniature at the appropriate size

>thick thighs
unf

How about these?

follow up

A few of the Raging Heroes ones are okay
Only a few though

I cant wait till custodes drop. They will make a cool side project while finishing my Daemons.

Wargame exclusive, raging heroes, and maybe brother vinny for cheesecake, victoria miniatures for models that are actually good. Maybe also anvil industries in a couple of months.

I want to play but it’s hard to get games.

I’n trying out different god armies from the new daemon codex. I e tried a Khorne army and did really well, I tried a Slaanesh army and did really shit, I’ve got Tzeentch and Nurgle to go.

Can't wait desu
>deep strike two of the spear boys behind enemy lines, havoc wreaking ensues
Gon be gud

Jesus i want her to be my dom.

Custodes just need some ranged punch and some more anti-armour punch and they'll be pretty well rounded.

FW Dreads
Probably a slightly beefier Contemptor
WS/BS 2+ S7 T7 W12 A4 3+ 5++
Spear
Sx2, AP-3 Dd6
Spear Beam
Heavy 2 Str 9 AP-3 Dd6 Range 24''
225 points maybe

Fulgrim Primarch book share anyone?

Just assembled, removed mouldlines of and pinned 6 Genestealers onto necromunda bases.

Feels good man.

Painting them will be a pain in the ass though...

What kinda demons user? I'm working on a tzeentch nurgle list right now. Little concerned I don't have enough punch.

Khorne, Because he is the only god that refuses Psychic powers.

You'd probably BE the loli daemonette sex slave.

Ranged punch and anti armour punch packed into one, Sagittarum Guard

How do Custodes deal with Long Range shooting or Hordes?

I wouldn't get too attached to any FW units for Custodes. They'll get CA'd.

>those thighs
I want to buy a Celestine miniature now

Allarus termiators are pretty killy against hordes and i saw one group of 5 guard take on 30 birbs and only lost like 2

What about these for regular sisters?

arent those more ornated primaris? as far as size and weapons go?

Range 12 assault 1 on supergun or heavy bolter

No, they'll come in the form of FW Datasheets. GW makes CA, FW makes rules for it's own units - which GW doesn't touch

GSC or Nids ?

>Long Range shooting
DS in or suffer I guess

>Hordes
Bolterbike squads maybe?

Bigger than primaris, gun is basically a heavy bolter with an underslung melta gun

He's implying CA 2018 will be another round of nerfing FW into irrelevance.

In 30k it is even more silliness since it has Instant Death too

Uhh buddy Forge World got its points adjusted in CA. GW can and will adjust FW points as they see fit.

Genestealer Cults.

Painting them as classic black, blue and purple.

>points adjustments
How horrifying

The smaller ones are litterally called Contemptor Achillus (the halberd one) and Contemptor Galatus (sword and shield one).
My guess is that they will have the same base stats as the basic Custodes Contemptor, but with different weapons options.
The big guy should be more like a Leviathan, probably around 400 points.

i feel like they increased alphabet chickens a little too much.

Are you aware of what happened to FW units in CA? It was effectively a punitive nerf that pointed most FW units over any comparative units in their codex. I'm suggesting that if the FW units for Custodes prove good or popular they will be over costed in CA to make them unattractive.

I really like the GSC. I play Imperium armies, and it's a shame no one plays GSC at my LGS. They really feel video games villains, with the Patriarch being the final boss. Battles against them have more flavor than against most armies.

FW units also got points drops in CA

So, /40kg/, do you like your SoB with pure white hair or jet black hair?

For me, it's the white hair

>adjust FW points as they see fit.
>as they see fit.

>lets increase the points of this thing no one used by 25%

>The big guy should be more like a Leviathan, probably around 400 points.

The Telemon. Yeah, dude is borderline Knight. Probably take S7 T7 W12 and bump to 8/8/18
Leviathan+

I dislike SoB

The answer is always do nothing, if you pull the lever you become an active participant in murder.

If you do nothing you are just a witness to a horrific and awe-inspiring tragedy

Why does GW hate FW that much ? They treat them like competitors, not like a part of their own corporation.

Very few and none of the competitive choices. I get that Malefic Lords, Malanthropes, and Shadow Spectres were undercosted, they didn't end up in a good place.

I agree 100%, it felt like a punitive nerf rather than an actual attempt at balancing. I learned a quick lesson, don't get used to using FW units in your list.

>painting tutorial has someone breathing really heavily
>wonder if anyone else is weirded out, but comments are all positive and they're just ecstatic to hear from her
>check the rest of the videos and they're all the same
>think I stumbled on some sort of weird fetish channel
>paint technique isn't that bad tho

Oh yeah, I love them because they have no redeeming qualities. Even the Nids you can argue are just going about their nature, but these guys are pure scum. They cheat, lie, ambush, fight unfairly and their big reward is a lie.

They don't feel like 'my dudes' which is why I can have more fun with them. I also have a Death Guard force and I just get too attached to them, if I lose a Primarch or a sorcerer or a Terminator... it feels like a big loss to a faction that has a serious goal.

If a GSC loses some cultists, or even their entire organization it doesn't matter.

Orks are similar except they aren't as scummy and sinister.

I don't play martyred lady, so mine are a mix.

My army is fluffed as recruiting for themselves, so I have ex hive gangers with neon pink hair mixed in with the normal ones

They deserved as much

Black hair with white highlights.

Great question and one I don't have an answer to. I personally loathed FW when I worked for GW but that was because they were shit canoes to work with when I placed customer orders.

Mute the video, problem solved

Right, so it was a revenge nerf for being too good. Instead of trying to land them in a good spot they basically turned it up to 11 and said 'don't use these'.

Anyone have an image of that scion army that’s painted blue with the converted grayfax? It’s Super dope and wanna show my friends

>ecstatic to hear from her
>her
surprising

GW is a mystery sometimes, how they even manage to function

White hair is for Order of Our Martyred lady only.

No. Be a nietzschean übermensch, grab the lever and do whatever you have to do to end up with the best result, no matter how much you end up sacrificing. Disregard the empty morals that tell you that killing a single man to save five is worse than passively letting five men being killed.

How often do you buy a new army Veeky Forums? Related - what's your hobby budget (for whatever period you budget for)?

Sorry I should say "her"

pink, purple, green, and occasional blue
>Order of Triggered Lady

Once every millenium

That changes absolutely everything, user.

When something cool enough comes out, I might.
Like Custards. If SoB got an updated line I'll get those

is this that german who sounds like they're coughing up a lung constantly?

sh-shut up you baka

Just get GW SoB, recast them or fuck sake just go Dream-Forge

Ew looks like a guerilla

[Angry Celestine noises]

Maybe, they also do bubble wrap reviews

I dont buy new armies. I buy stuff for my existing armies.
I dont want to own more than three armies, because

A. I'd never get around to painting everything

B. I'd never get to play with each army as much as I want to

C. I own the armies I own because they're my favourite. While all the other ones are nice, and I occasionally find myself thinking "huh, it would be kinda cool to make an army with this kind of theme", I always realize that I probably wouldnt really give it all the effort it deserves, and sell it off again at some point.

Also, owning too many armies decreases the personal value of your favourite ones IMO

I tend to buy a new army a year. I tend to like to have about 4-5 armies at 'regular' level.

>doing nothing cannot be morally contemptible

Do any of you guys play age of sigmar?

How similar are the rules to 40k?

I'm thinking of starting Beastclaw Raiders. I love me some big beefy ogres.

Is this actually going to cover the entire paint spectrum for a Custodes army or are a few points missing?

Rarely, honestly I haven't bought an army since 3rd ed, added bits and replaced bits sure but not outright started a new army.
That said I am in the planning stages of doing just that, I got a nice bonus recently and I'm planning on aiming £500 at the hobby, about 300 on minis including a knight which I've wanted for ages and never gotten around to and 200 on new tools, brushes and paints

What is the purpose of primaris? Couldn't you get the exact same effect with two marines? Hell they would be better against damage spill.

Pretty sure it is just a collection of paints Duncan used in the Painting Custodians video.
For things like Valoris/Bikes/etc you might be missing some colours

There seem to be plenty of unnecessary colours in that bundle

Depends. Tac squads are garbage, Intercessors and scouts are better troop options.

I've been playing Witch Hunters for more than a decade.
So I'm used to trusted and reliable army.

With GSC? I have no idea how to make them work. How the fuck do I keep my Genestealer next to my Patriarch and the Banner while ambushing.

My SoB are basically a mix of Imperial crap, old metal SoB, classic DF kitbash, Necromunda, IG, Inquisition and random model crap from Emperor knows where.

That is the best way to make SoB in this day an age.

I pull the lever first. If the other guy pulls the lever I can safely pin the blame on him making the decision to kill everyone in court. Hell, I might even sue him for money on top of the life insurance from my loved ones.

Intercessors with correct weaponry just shred most troops

not seeing that at all

the blue paints are obviously for the gemstones and power weapons

I don't see anything missing, really. Looks like to me that everything's there

Huh really?

Agreed. I have real sisters leftover from witch hunters, recasts, raging heroes, DE conversions and a ton of those shitty counts as seraphim I posted up the top of the thread.

Fuck GW prices for this army.