What are some interesting powers to include in a superhero game?

What are some interesting powers to include in a superhero game?

Just throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks.

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ability to swap positions/postures with someone at close range, a sort of teleportation ability. Like swapping right before you get punched in the face would make you the one punching them instead. Timing and concentration would be an important aspect, and they could be juked once the trick was figured out.

I'm quite fond of the example metahumans in the Progenitor setting for Wild Talents. Some really neat ideas there, with some usually elegant rule implementation. Like Chandra Desani, who has the power to reverse entropy and make things become better the longer they've been around her. Mechanically this is represented as boosted stats to reflect her own improved body, the ability to slowly heal nearby targets, and bonus dice that apply to any use of a tool that she's owned for long enough to be upgraded by her powers.

do you retain the momentum and action of the person you swap with? so that the self harm trick would apply to you if you swapped with someone hurting themselves? that mid punch switch means you have to follow through the opponent's punch? also: how quickly can you perform a switch? how often?

i like the idea, and i want to know more of what you are trying to explain.

I actually like this a lot, glad I opened this thread

The ability to set invisible "tethers" to things you can see, and then at will retract those tethers, either pulling the thing towards you or launching you towards it at crazy speed. If used right, it'd make for some absolutely amazing combat and also gives a concrete way of leveling it up by gaining better control over the force of the pull and also being able to place more active tethers.

In a similar vein as OP, I was thinking about the setting of the inFamous games recently and was trying to think of cool elements for Conduits to use. The definition is "a type of matter", but they use shit like paint, neon, paper, and napalm. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for elements to control like that?

You can create a center of rotation on whatever you touch, the longer you maintain contact, or the more force you apply as part of the contact, the faster the rotation.

Manipulating emotions is always a good one. Not quite telepathy but still a lot of potential to mess people up.

Ability to increase Entropy. Make things decay faster, stop bullets by making the kinetic energy driving them dissipate faster, stuff like that

(may be using entropy wrong here, but you get what I mean)

The ability to convince shapes they are other shapes and act like the shaped they now think they are.

The ability to fold anything
>fold your enemies and carry them around
>fold yourself and hide
>fold weapons for easy concealment
>unfold things quickly as a form of attack
>can fold anything as long as you can touch the top to the bottom

The usual toughness/density manipulation bit, but it's overall instead of being focused: They can't do the +mass punch bit, but they can do it with a bodyslam.

The ability to make objects and people harmlessly explode into component parts by making finger guns at them. It's a constant drain to keep them exploded, though easier the fewer pieces are out of place.

The ability to stitch a body back together with whatever junk is lying around. They've been doing it for so long they barely have any organs left, and none of them function.

The power to clean and smooth things with a touch. On the easy end, making a floor as smooth as glass to trip people up and removing wounds by smoothing them over. On the horrifying end, erasing someone's mouth ala The Matrix and cleaning the blood out of their veins by touching an open wound.

The only two things you need to worry about Conduits is this: How do they harvest their energy, and how do they expend it?
You can make up addendums as you go.

Blood
>Rip it out of people/animals
>Use it like a whip torn from your veins

Thought
>Leech the Ego from a man's mind
>Insert compulsions via lay on hands

Access to a magical letterbox that sends whatever item to whomever you choose; they find it the next time they open anything, from a door to their wallet.

The ability to go 2-D, ignoring attacks from a specific direction and cutting through matter like a monowire.

Subjective gravity, plus razor-sharp tendrils that can only exist "upwards" of you.

The ability to take and store energy in objects, setting triggers to release it.

The ability to「FLATTEN」any 3D entity. Can't hit you if they're a basically a living drawing.

The ability to dampen the sound emitted by yourself or anything you touch without affecting the vibrations of the object itself.

I had a similar idea: you can rotate something upon an axis you decide when activated, and the object in question rotates upon that axis for a certain amount of degrees (maximum 360) before stopping at a speed inversely proportional to the distance of the object from the axis (an object right next to it's axis spins near instantly while an object a mile a way could take up to 10 minutes).

Great for use on enemies as you can hit them with a close 180 degree attack that instantly disorientates and flips them/turns them around/puts them on their side.

The power to violently explode and then regenerate from nothing.

Only if you're in Second Son. In the first two games there were all sorts of Conduit, not just elemental ones, and Cole was the only elemental Conduit that needed to recharge.

The ability to summon a curved force shield around themself, extremely durable. Uses it offensively or as a hamster ball.

Had a few powers from a Jojo game. Some were complicated while others were good.

1: Being able to turn inanimate objects into disks. The disks looked like Blu-Ray DVDs and when inserted into another object/person could give the person the qualities and functions of the object. For example if you turned an iPhone into a disk and installed it into your bathroom mirror, then your bathroom mirror would act like a giant iPhone with the glass being the screen. Vice Versa if you installed the disk into a person, then they could call people on the phone telepathically and surf the internet with their mind.

2: Turning Fat into Napalm. It was a punchghost similar to the form of a Yara-ma-yha-who mixed with Nibbler from Futurerama. At first I thought it was a vore fetish thing as it could swallow people completely. The creature had suckers on it's fingers like lamprey eels and could suck the fat out of people like liposuction and convert the fat into napalm jelly it could shoot out of the suckers or belch out of it's mouth. It had yellow serrated teeth that reeked of sulfur that it clacked together to create sparks that ignited the napalm. If it wanted a lot of fat fast then it would just gobble up all the greasy fast food it could or swallow a pig whole and turn the stuff into napalm.

3: Linking senses together over long distances. At first you'd think this was telepathy but instead the user could link all 5 senses with other people. If he allowed it then they could share everything the heard,smelled, felt, tasted, and/or saw instantaneously. Later on he developed three modes of use. Open channel allowed everyone to broadcast and receive senses, Blind Channel allowed him to receive senses from people without them knowing but he couldn't broadcast, and Back Channel where he would overwrite someone's senses with another person's senses (I.E. tagging a blind man and overwriting an enemy's sight with the blind man's non-existent vision.)

Reminds me of Bungee Gum from HunterXHunter

chemical body fluids like flammable blood or sweating nitro glycerin

tactile telekinesis but only for what they're wearing

intertia - standing still for a turn grants them higher strength and durability, whereas moving lets them move farther next turn or dodge better. Could do stuff like running full tilt, then diving and 'freezing' in midair to become a stronger projectile

ghost powers, but they gotta leave their body behind. Could pull out part of their 'ghost' to do something like reach through a door and unlock it from the other side. There could be a penalty for being outside the body or just a time limit

can create and move a 'void bubble'. The bubble pushes things to the radius, but the denser it is, the harder it is to do. Could suffocate someone or use it at a springboard/cushion. Upgrades could be bigger, stronger, more bubbles. I'd make it not very strong, or you could only make one in the palm of your hand so you can't just Susan Storm place one in the middle of someone's mouth and blow their heads off

maybe a meta-observation ability like ingame being able to see everyone's hp

Hand Powers. Looking through hand binoculars actually lets you see farther, looking through a heart you make with your hands heals whoever you look at. finger guns actually shoot. Cupping your hands around your mouth lets you do a sonic attack. Doing the 'zip it' motion lets you silence someone.

You can 'save up' actions like throwing a straight right, then however many times you did that beforehand, your actual punch is multiplied. Or maybe something like turning on your power then hitting a wall a bunch of times. With the power on, none do any damage but when you turn it off, the force off all of them hit together.

Creeping Fear. You learn a person's worse fears. If you manage to use this fear against them the fear grows and adds other related concepts to that fear, each time becoming more extreme until it becomes unreasonable. Eventually the target will become unable/ lose the will to fight hence "crippling fear". A line of succession would be like a
>fear of drowning
>large bodies of water
>containers with enough water that he could drown in
>any water including rain
>any moisture including sweat

Shit, thought I named it crippling fear.

You could punch things really hard.

Oh damn, I had a stand set up for the Jojo game I'm running that I never used that was based around that power called 「ALL TIME LOW」.

ACT 1 let it flatten itself and its user like a shadow out of kingdom hearts, ACT 2 let it flatten other people and objects, ACT 3 let it flatten its environment, and ACT 4 let it flatten space itself, notably letting it pull a Dr. Strange and flatten raw space into an infinitely sharp cutting edge.

It was also designed like a weird cyclops knight using this as its face, and its powerset basically entirely came from a line in the song "If These Sheets Were the States."

It could also be bad depending on the opponent. Like if you switch with the Hulk punching you you’d just break your hand.

The ability to make people do the opposite of what they intended to happen.

change materials you touch into other materials you've touched before. It could a straight switch, atom per atom so that you can change a large volume of gas, like a couple inches away from your skin, but only like a 1/16 for solids. I'm seeing stuff like 'corrosive touch' where you turn someone's skin into sand or carrying a bottle of water that you turn into soda or whiskey or whatever AS YOU DRINK IT, or use it as an attack, spitting water but turning it into superglue or something flammable as it leaves your mouth. Maybe limit to the same phase and you have to bring a new material into your catalog by turning that material into something else.

Making stone afterimages of yourself as you move, letting you grapple someone and immobilize them, or back up and make your own cover from projectiles. Build a one man human tower or wall

Super strong keratin and/or growth and/or manipulation, giving you tougher skin and fingernail claws and a hair whip or rope or something. I'd imagine more growth and less control for balance reason, but you could go with full prehensile hair. Could upgrade into actual armor made of horn

tinker/inventor power that only helps them invent something if it holds to a theme. They can tell you what they WANT to invent, but the DM, acting as their power, gets to decide if they succeed or how powerful it is based on how close their theming is. Batman might count as this, but you could do puns or food or a sitcom series. The more specific, the better, I think.

Hammerspace, but you gotta break line of sight, like pulling a hammer from behind your back. If someone can see your hands, or the thing you're pulling would be too big to fit behind you, you couldn't do it

pulling stereotypical animal abilities from bones, like the speed of a cheetah or the health of a horse, basically Jackie Chan talismans, but each time burns or destroys the bone. Bigger bones mean longer/stronger powers, so no rhino pinky superstrength

>「SPEAKEASY」: Any intoxicated person within range must speak the truth
>「COCAINE」: Contact with the Stand is exciting and empowering, but dangerous and addictive.

Be a human placebo effect: you can do anything if people think you can do it

normal strength or mild superstrength but you can choose its distribution. Like forcing all of it into your fist, or needing to spread it to your whole body to lift something or just the legs to jump. Basically My Hero Academia but without the broken bones

similarly, supersenses, but one at a time.

pillarman style jelly body

writing on things and activating the writing, like 'boom' on paper bombs or 'open' unlocking a door

The power to always know where the keys to a specific car are.

It sounds stupid right up until someone realizes that he can use an utterly innocent key as a tracking device.

I had a superhero who had Tactile Telekinesis. Meaning he had telekinetic control and telekinetic force over everything he touched within a square meter of the contact point. Effectively giving him super strength and shoot things like a human rail-gun.

This had the downside of it all having to be skin contact to work and clothes reduced his ability to do anything. So he ran around in a speedo, body paint.

>normal strength or mild superstrength but you can choose its distribution. Like forcing all of it into your fist, or needing to spread it to your whole body to lift something or just the legs to jump. Basically My Hero Academia but without the broken bones
That makes me think of a power I once saw, the ability to change the force distribution of your body. So you could expand the lifting force you're putting on a huge object evenly over its surface to deal with leverage issues, or concentrate the force you're outputting into a smaller point to act like a blade or spike.

The ability to absorb and redirect momentum, up to a certain limit. So if it's active, bullets would just sorta bonk into you, and you'd absorb the energy, but you run the risk of getting too full. Can then spend the energy as punches/jumps/etc. Added benefit of having your friends punch you before a fight to get some juice.

Tactile telekinesis, specifically the ability to slide anything your palms touch laterally across their surface very slowly but with effectively infinite force.

Use it to grab a rope that a bunch of civilians are clinging to and winch them up to safety. Use it to very slowly compress carbon into diamonds. Or sate your inner edgelord by throttling someone and listening to the screams as their head slowly disconnects from their body.

They call me Hydraulic Press Man.

Conduit flavours:
>Fire
Lava
Gasoline
>Building materials
Glass
Wood
Steel
Rope/Cable
>Other Materials
Rain
Ink
Plastic
Fabric/Textile
Flesh (congrats, you just contracted the blacklight virus)
Glue
>Exotic
Sound
Radiation (ionising)
Laser
Shadow

This super villain is extremely dangerous and may attack at any time, so we must deal with him.

>What are some interesting powers to include in a superhero game?

[Tongue Sharper than Blade]: Upon activation, any physical conflict between multiple parties in the vicinity now obeys the rules of Monkey Island insult swordfighting.

[Puzzle it Out]: Upon activation, you can solve absolutely any problem by solving a somewhat challenging puzzle in style of Professor Layton.
Problems with larger consequences for failure may require multiple puzzles to solve in a row.

I had an idea for a stand that was specifically for a villain that I think could work as a higher-leveled supervillain in a superhero thing. He is able to make his actions reality as long as a certain number of people believe they are true.

For example, say he were to act as if he were shooting somebody with a fake gun. As long as a group of three onlookers believed the gun was real, he would actually shoot his victim with a real bullet. This could potentially open up a way to exploit the power (as is the fashion in Jojo) by having his actions be done in a high profile location so that it's statistically likely that enough people would believe the action that it comes true. It's the type of power that demands a bit of creativity, but somebody that uses it well would be incredibly strong.

I once made Imperialism man
his power was that he could gain legal ownership of areas as long as he had his flag planted in the vicinity and while in an area he legally owned he was superhuman

kek

aportation is a trol power if used effectively.

Stolen from /a/
Stand name: [Tomorrow's King]

Namesake: Dragon Force - Tomorrow's Kings

Ability: Can make 4 objects non-existent by touching them, however if the user then makes four more objects non-existent, the previous 4 objects will exist again, the stand can also bring back one of the objects and use it at will.

When an object is made "non-existent" one of the four kings on the card will appear (King of clubs, clovers, diamonds & hearts)

ability to break all chemical bonds in a material with a touch

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
Only one way to find out!

>people harmlessly explode into component parts
what

I was messing around with the idea of Quirks from Boku no hero academia. They're basically unique abilities than an individual possesses and, besides that one skill, they are entirely normal

Compact: A small, 8 inch tall man, smaller than a newborn. Completely covered in thick slabs of muscle and dense bones. All the power of a gigantic Olympian, but focused into a very small body. Each jump would be a huge leap and every punch would feel like a sledgehammer. Then there's the bonus of being a small target.

Animal arms: the ability to transform the arms and hands of the user into the neck and heads of any animal. Mountain goat wrecking ball. Woodpecker hole puncher. Lyrebird noise maker. A special power could could be the fusion of two heads into one.

Chaos engine: The user is surrounded by an aura of disarray. Anyone within a certain AoE has everything go wrong for them. The aura can be focused on a specific individual to make everything particularly awful. Ankles twist, feet trip, things snap and break and stop working, etc.

Primitive: Technology breaks down. Anything that isn't simplistic and analogue ceases to function entirely when around the user.

Pressure. Starting from 5 inches away from the user, all around their body, an aura of pressure exudes. This can be increased or decreased selectively around particular areas to push things, hover and skate, allow for big jumps, etc. The more power is focused in one specific area, the weaker the aura is everywhere else. a trump card move could be to focus all the energy on their pinky while it's in contact with another person and blow a huge hole in them.

Empathy: The user can share the feelings and emotions of anyone with anyone else. They can transfer all the sadness they caused a family onto the person who did it, or allow a doctor to share the happiness of the parent's who's baby he just delivered. Frequently goes to counseling sessions to help people understand each other.

I really like the hand powers one. I might steal it if you don't mind.

Also, I thought of two more: One is the ability to naturally improve anything. You have these glowing orbs inside you that appear as white circles under the surface of your skin. By launching them out and homing in on a target, that target will become better, proportionately to how many spheres are in it. You could put them on people so they're overall better physically, or put them in a car to make it faster. etc. The converse ability is the power to blow out a grey static haze that turns any piece of technology into its historical precedent. A car becomes a carriage, a gun becomes a bow, etc.

The ability to turn any liquid into any other liquid (including body fluids). The character would be a sort of alchemist that carries vials of water, which can become anything. Would require being constantly near a source of liquids to use effectively, or would require spit or blood or something else if used in a pinch.

Finally, the ability to throw an object and by throwing it, making it go incredibly fast and hard. Even a tiny marble, when thrown, becomes like a canon ball.

oh, and two last ones: The ability to brand anything with an Anarchy symbol. This symbol makes it so that the object or person is ignored by the law. A TV with the symbol can be stolen safely, for example. Also, the ability to turn any object's defining trait into the opposite of it. A safe becomes fragile like glass. Medicine is poison. Barbels are light. Etc.

Here's a few I've used before:

The character is being stalked by an autonomous ballista that seemingly has his best interests at heart. The weapon's design has no basis in actual historical warfare and the character has no idea where it came from.

The ability to open a door on any flat surface and open that door. Useful to make quick escapes through trapdoors, bypass walls, or just throw a door open in someone's face.

The ability to enforce deals in a worryingly literal way. Signing into a guestbook that reads, 'Let us know you were here!' will alert them to your presence, or agreeing to a restraining order will catapult one or both of you to the outside of its allowed radius.

*cracks knuckles*

Glorp - The ability to shoot large blasts of sticky goo. The goo sticks to anyone and anything, being nearly impossible for a normal human to escape from, although it decays after half an hour. The caster can also travel through the goo - they can step or dive into one patch of goo and step out of another.

Lantern Punch - power to touch someone (including themselves) and remove all of their injuries, "storing" them as a glowing, incorporeal ball of light that floats near them. Does not affect diseases or chronic conditions, only physical injuries like broken bones or cuts. They can store three sets of injuries this way. By touching someone, they can also inflict any of the three stored sets of injuries on them, causing the glowing balls to disintegrate.

Laserstorm - character can open small "portals" that are 6 inches across. One end of the portal has to be facing them and within arms' reach, the other end can be anywhere they can see, facing any direction. They can place the portals in places they can see through other portals. They also have the ability to shoot lasers from the palms of their hands.

Yīnyuán hóngxiàn - power to see "red strings" connecting people to things they care about, with thicker strings for things they care about more. They can't see what the things are based on the string, but they can follow the string to whatever it is, no matter how far away the object or person is. They can pull on the string to compel the person to think about the object they care about, or sever it to make them forget it. However, if the person is reminded of the object, the string reconnects.

Prague Rabbi - ability to produce "energy clones" of themselves. The clones have increased strength and the ability to fly, but are very simple mentally. They can be given one command ("block that door", "fly me to that place", "punch that guy") then they dissipate afterwards. The commands cannot be too complicated - if it requires them to think for themselves, they can't do it. The Rabbi can also dismiss their own clones at any time.

Crystal Butterfly - power to grow six wings made from a crystalline substance. Wings are extremely brittle, and when shattered break into razor-sharp shards that can be manipulated telekinetically by the parahuman. The more solid wings they have the faster they can fly, and if they are ever reduced to one they can only hover.

Nightmare Squid - can conjure a blob of pink jelly around their head. Can form thin tentacles from this pink jelly. Tentacles are not strong and cannot be used to lift things. Touching a tentacle to the cranium of another living creature gives NS mental control of that creature. The tentacles are extremely fragile and are easy to break, and can only stretch out to 30m, although the drone will attempt to protect the tentacle controlling it.

Klazomaniac - this power folds space around the person. They have 3 kilometres worth of space folded a few millimetres around their skin. They cannot be touched by an object unless the object has sufficient kinetic energy to cross that space. This includes gas and sound. Their own voice struggles to cross this space, leading to compulsive shouting or communication via sign language. They can grip things using the space, or they can touch things using their physical body, which causes the object to sustain all the kinetic force of an object crossing those 3 kilometres extremely rapidly.

You have good taste user.

The power to exist in one of three positions. You can teleport to any of these at will. The two you do not occupy remain where they are in relation to the Earth. The one you occupy moves with you.

If you teleport into a spot and it is physically unsafe (would immediately damage you, e.g. by being elevated off the ground) or occupied, you will appear in the nearest safe spot.

The ability to sort through people's memories (including your own) and relive them: hearing, feeling, even smelling exactly what they experienced in addition to having perfect memory of everything in general, You will also be able to project memories onto others or take their memories away in real time.

Medusa - Character has the power to teleport anywhere they look as long as its close enough to "visualise" themselves. When they teleport they leave behind a solid stone statue of themselves.

Wendigo - character has the power to grow into a twelve-foot tall skeletal monster with skin like kevlar, and pronounced claws/teeth. This form is very strong and very tough, and transforming between the two heals the character's physical injuries. However, improved form uses up energy at a greatly increased rate, leading to extreme hunger and even starvation if they do not eat constantly.

Power Surge - Power gives the ability to form invisible shields of energy and fire invisible balls of microwave energy that can pass through those shields. They are quite weak, both able to be shrugged off by normal humans. However, firing a ball through a shield strengthens both, the effect stacking the more "crossings" occur.

Manslaughter - power to create large numbers clones of themselves. The clones last 24 hours. The clones obey the parahuman's verbal orders, but are otherwise homicidally insane and will attack and try to kill any non-clones they see unless recently ordered not to.

Well, that's all my basic ones down. I'm going to look at making some Tinkers (super-scientists) and Trumps (people with powers that affect other powers) next.

Headhunter - when this person kills another person, they gain the ability to shapeshift into that person. If the person they killed had superpowers, they can use those superpowers while shapeshifted into that person.

Bad Touch - the character can touch another person, inflicting fatigue and sucking out their "energy". If they touch someone with superpowers, they can temporarily gain a copy of that person's superpowers.

Swapout - character can summon three energy weapons: a golden spear that allows touch-range manipulation of kinetic energy within objects including themselves (flight, superstrength and resistance to physical damage); a white shield, which dazes anyone who looks at it and renders them highly suggestible; and a red sword, which fires burning lasers that persist in the air after they've been fired. The parahuman can only manifest one weapon at a time. Each specific power grows weaker the longer they have it out for, "refreshing" when they switch to a new power.

Eye Spy - character can see the vision and attention of other people; areas other people can see are coloured in yellow, areas where people can hear things are coloured blue, and places where people "see" things with extrahuman senses are coloured red. Overlapping areas are green, purple or brown, with the more intense colours indicating that more people are paying attention to those areas. Areas where no-one is paying attention are seen in greyscale. The character can make themselves invisible to one colour - ie they can pass through yellow areas unnoticed, but they'll still be detectable to "blue" (hearing) or "red" (extranormal senses).

Supercharge - a superscientist who specialises in building "pocketwatches" that "tune" other peoples' powers, ie they give the other person more power in exchange for less range, more power for less control, etc. They have to build a specific "watch" for a specific parahuman. They can use them to power up allies or weaken enemies (by improving their range so much they become very weak, by powering them up so much they lose all control over their powers, etc). They can also build a watch for themselves, which makes them stronger but means they build more archaic machines that they have less conscious understanding of, and overusing their own watch causes them to enter a blackout state where they are totally under the control of their own powers. When they exit, they're surrounded by strange machines they have no understanding of, half of their enemies are dead and they're wanted in three more countries. (This is the one I like the least)

Meteor - builds vehicles that are very tough (ie powered armours, flying coffins), but often feature cramped interiors. The more trapped and helpless they are while operating their machines the stronger the machines are. This would probs go to someone with claustrophobia.

White Noise - build machines that disrupt or block people's senses or recording equipment (think souped-up stun grenades, EMP/white noise blasts or refractive camouflage). Can't really build armour or propulsion systems or anything. These powers would probably go to someone who wants to get attention.

Big Brother - person who specialises in building detection devices or devices for monitoring large areas, ie camera drones, radar/sonar systems, etc, and programs to identify threats. He can also build very simple (for super-scientists) defense systems to target those threats.

>All Time Low
My brother of enriched melanin content

Not
>embeds the target in an anvil until retrieved by someone pure of heart and destined for greatness

I did this once except I acted as a placebo for OTHERS. I was "YOU CAN DO IT MATE I'LL HOLD YOUR FOSTERS" guy, except they were uncannily successful in spite of any improbability.

>Hand Powers. Looking through hand binoculars actually lets you see farther, looking through a heart you make with your hands heals whoever you look at. finger guns actually shoot. Cupping your hands around your mouth lets you do a sonic attack. Doing the 'zip it' motion lets you silence someone.

I must play this now. I'm in love.

>sweating nitro glycerin

Do this game allow gadgets and gimmicks in lieu of actual powers?

The ability to use reflections as teleportation mediums.

What about being able to set literally any object you can make physical contact with into motion at 2 m/s in a direction of choice.

I realised I hadn't done breakers so here's breakers

Poison Wind - the ability to transform into a colorless, odorless gas and fly through the air. The gas is very difficult to spot. Inhaling the gas puts humans to sleep, with long-term exposure causing death.

Iceberg - character can transform into an alternate form made out of ice, rendering them immobile as their feet expanding into the ground below them. The longer they stay like that, the further their feet grow into the ground beneath them, spreading out like a root system. In areas near them or their "roots", they control over their environment, dropping the surrounding temperature to below freezing and gaining the ability to manipulate ice in the area, creating blizzards or structures out of ice.

Troll - in sunlight or moonlight, the character's body becomes dense, slow, heavy stone, also gaining increased strength as a result. When out of natural light, all parts of their body besides their skeleton become shadowy and incorporeal. Far weaker physically, although their greatly reduced mass means they have far greater agility.

Oil Slick - can produce and transform themselves into a slick black oil. The oil is poisonous, and can be absorbed through the skin.The oil "stains", or "infects" the environment when it is sprayed around. When killed or when the parahuman desires it, their body dissolves into this oil, and a new body steps out from one of their "stains".

Here's some brutes

Shatter Clones - character's body is made up of six overlapping copies of themselves, all operating in parallel. Incoming damage or superpowers only affect one copy. If a copy is pushed too out of sync from the other copies, either from damage, superpowers, etc it is abandoned, disintegrating, and a new one splits off from one of the other clones almost instantly. They the strength of six people working together.

Buckler - by concentrating, a character can make one part of themselves invulnerable. This invulnerable part of themselves can tear through flesh, stone and steal as if it were air. When attacked, the invulnerable area automatically shifts to the area in danger.

Gorilla - character has extreme regeneration abilities as a response to physical harm. In addition, when regenerating they also have a growth spurt, growing larger and more muscular. The regeneration is strongest in their torso and arms, and slower in their head and legs, leading them to have a disproportionate figure similar to a gorilla's.

Knight - touch-range metallokinesis. Character can move easily in even the heaviest of armours, and use them to boost their own strength.

Body fat manipulation.
You can adjust various aspects of your bodyfat, and cover your own skin with it, or fire it out of your hands or other areas.
By aspects I mean color, consistency, weight, or convert it all to the maximum human allowed limit to become invincible for a short amount of time. As a secondary result of the power, you gain weight a lot easier, and the converting power is all or nothing.

I would think that it would also allow for the user to mess with others body fat via touch, but that would make it extremely easy to instantly kill someone by moving bodyfat directly to someone's heart or lungs, cover their eyes with it, etc. Might be a better villain power.

Anyone read Wildcards?

Tantric sex magick powers win.

>ITT Anime

Any promises heard by the person must be kept, Final destination style. The universe will align to be sure that the conditions are met.

Promises cannot be broken. If a promise would paradoxicize a former promise then the latter promise has no effect.

Actually yeah, I'd love to hear some good ideas for gadgeteer powers and abilities.

「DAMAGE LIMITATION」
Any damage that the user takes is reduced to that of a small scratch, regardless of the actual amount of damage that should have been inflicted. The users body, however, remains a completely normal human body, and they have no other abilities, not even being unusually strong. This ability would work best for bluffing or facing down a large force with human weapons. It's also possible that the force redistribution could be abused by hitting someone so hard that you would have destroyed your own arm, but still could never exceed the power of the users own body.

A requiem version could be the ability to re-locate the negated damage to any object or place or person that the user can visualize.

Be careful! His Quirk is called "Upper Hand" - he can switch positions and momentum with anything in arm's length.

Made a Godlike character like this once. He could fold ten Nazis into a single Nazi so that when you shot and killed the original Nazi the rest would be spat out, having suffered equivalent nonlethal/bashing damage.

Poor Kid Dinosaur killed by the Freemasons. He could turn into any dinosaur, but he kept equivalent mass so you had a tiny T-Rex running around trying to fight crime.

I once thought of this as a Stand Power
>「Hocus Pocus」
This ability allows the use to "focus" and object or person through any opening, regardless of size, as long as it's an enclosed hole or pocket of some kind. The person must be close to the hole and their body reshapes to fit the container if they're too big

Uses of this power include squeezing through key holes, trapping someone in a glass bottle, storing a gun in an empty eyedropper, pulling creatures out of hats and gloves, moving people through metal grates, hiding in a hollowed snail shell, etc. Not a dangerous power, but incredibly useful all the same

Got the idea from thinking about how one could creatively pull a rabbit out of a hat, then named it after the song by Focus

Sounds like Attack on Titan. As for power elements, Mercury element would be cool, it would be like a mix between the t-1000 and water powers, plus mercury just looks cool.

>tethers
I remember that fanfic. It was okay

A world with more nudity.

T. Underage bait that hasnt read a comic in his life.

Taboo Taboo: place an insignia on the target's tongue that will cause them to erupt into flames if they speak a designated word or phrase or share a piece of information. The target is also unable to share the information in written form or through any kind of telepathic communication. However, the user can't physically harm the target once a seal has been placed on them.

Razor Wire: user's fingers are inexplicably able to cut through things even though they don't appear sharp. The user's fingers are still susceptible to breaking and aren't able to cut through everything. They possess the cutting power of a very sharp, fine knife. They can apply this ability to things they pick up, but larger objects retain less cutting power.

Break Me Softly: the force of impacts near the user is proportional to the sound the objects would make upon impact.

Monster of the Week: can create golems from surrounding materials by implanting part of their body into. The more of themselves contained in the golem, the more complex it becomes. A few drops of blood could create a very simple golem that can follow one set programmed action while a finger could create a golem with a more complex form capable of following several orders. Removal of the tissue from the golem causes it to fall apart, but being able to be made of anything can make them sturdy.

The Guy: Slowly approaching your target amplifies the power of your attacks significantly. Also comes with a spooky aura that alerts people to your presence, but makes enemy attacks inexplicably avoid you. It's still possible to be struck, but it'll require a particularly fearless enemy who is putting all of their focus on you.

Garden of Eyes: user can spray a strange fluid that temporarily turns any organic matter it touches into a liquid state. If the user touches the liquid produced by this, then the liquid turns into a series of living eyeballs that the user can see though or pick up and move.

Counterfeit- the ability to produce a high fidelity copy of anything, that degrades very quickly. As Counterfeit grows in power, they can copy superpowers, though the stronger the power, the more quickly it degrades.

I’m just a big fan of summoning the right weapon or power for the situation, but you can only use so much of it. So to fight, Counterfeit would have to constantly be switching weapons and skills.

Tinkers from Worm are an interesting alternative to traditional gadgeteers and super geniuses. The way it works is that their power isn't just being super smart, but rather selectively super smart, if that makes sense. They get their "power" to be a tinker, which gives them a specialty (or two) which they can build stuff with. This isn't just a field of science, but can also be methodology, approaches, and broad categories. Like there's one tinker with medical science as a specialty, but also another with modular equipment, and another with pyrotechnics, and then another with giant robots. More variations come from inspiration, your available resources, and how well you work with your "power".

I say this is an interesting type of power to have in a superhero game because it allows players to be a gadgeteer or have power armor while still having it be theirs (and not something they buy or otherwise have made for them) without needing to be a super genius.

What fanfic?

>I’m just a big fan of summoning the right weapon or power for the situation, but you can only use so much of it.
I prefer that things be limited use one-shot, having a power that degrades is just painful to observe.

Schott Key Number 1

>tinker/inventor power that only helps them invent something if it holds to a theme.
This was my favorite concept of Girl Genius, too bad the terrible storytelling prevented anything cool being done with it.

>Countering attacks via posing.
user please i can only get so erect.

Atonement, its a Worm fic

Atonement. It's a Worm fanfic where Taylor dies in the locker and Madison triggers from the guilt. She gains that Tether power you mentioned (that's even her cape name), as well as the ability to see lines leading to people in danger.

It's kinda an interesting read, mostly because the Panacea-clones in it remind me of the Mikasas from A Certain Scientific Railgun

I'm a fan of limited time bashed shenanigans in general.

For example, I had a Villain that could see 5 seconds into the future as long as he had something small lit by his lighter. (his power source) So he tried to always have a cigarette lit while fighting so he could effectively dodge everything
He was a serial arsonist, because the bigger the thing he lit was, the further he could see

The ability to change energy types.
What I mean is changing kinetic to electric, thermal, etc.

Give the power to Mysterio.

I always like masochistic characters with adaptive ressurection power - they need to die to adapt to whatever killed them, but slowly get insane from the constant dying.

[Seek and Destroy], a really tough long range/autonomous stand that's basically the monster from It Follows.

[Enjoy the Silence] A bat/microphone/speaker themed humanoid stand with two 'modes'. In [Sound of Silence], it absorbs sound and gets stronger the more noise it 'eats'. In [Feel the Noize], it basically massively amps up and focuses any sound in it's vicinity, to damaging levels

[We can be Heroes] looks more or less like a kamen rider belt, and gives the user enhanced everything in proportion to how much faith people have in them.

[Duran Duran] manifests as basically a cluster of psychadelic wolf's heads, and can eat things to impart their characteristics onto the user, for good or ill.

I have one I don't have a name for yet, but it basically allows the user to tap into the abilities those around them aren't currently using, but could be. I.e. a bunch of resting weightlifters would make them super strong, but japanese kids in an exam room wouldn't make them any smarter, etc.
Grand Dad
[I AM THE PROGRAM] would be a vector graphics version of robocop, basically, and either let them enter what amounts to the digital world, or pull sort of sub-stands out based on various programs and apps running on the users computer

[Lemon Demon] would allow it's user to create weird, semi-functional fusions of two objects or people. Just as likely to be useless as powerful

[The Hounds] takes the form of a kind of cartoonishly colorful, lurid version of the robodogs from Wolfenstein new order. It's user can whisper an accusation and a name into their ears, and it will seek out their target to savage them. Anyone afflicted by the Hounds 'bite' will find those around them immediately beleive them guilty of whatever accusation was whispered into the Hound's ear, or just a general sense of enmity and distrust if nothing was specified

Ignore the "grand dad". I copy/pasted this from a discord server

I'm a transcircle with 4 sides