Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2008: War Economy Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LuqKvaOpKaU
youtube.com/watch?v=H8InFnyZ7zI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you spare a cup of nanomachines for a neighbor?

Wish we talked more about Digimon.

What are some cool jrpg/isekai mage classes?

I know of generic things like mage or necromancer but are there any odd or cool ones you like?

I would, that shit was my childhood, but it was so long ago that I can't remember any of it, other than generally loving it.

I'm no Regalus, but I can chat. What's up?

Most of studio Gainax's stuff has Oppaimancy. That's both powerful and entertaining.

How strong are your companions?

I tend to like indirect/crafting based ones like artificer or alchemist.

I always just pick Blue and/or Red Mage, so I can't help you.

So many friends. . . it's beautiful.

I would but I only have biotech so it would be a cup of undifferentiated cells.

2nd.
I watched all of the first gen, second gen, tamers, and even most of the spirit fusion warriors whatever one. But time as whittled my memory of it down the very basics.

Do we have a divinity original sin jump?

Nanoha and Fate are great companions. Nanoha's firepower is maximum while Fate's speed is absurd. They make a great team.

That's pretty much my experience too, though I also played several games here and there. I watched like the first episodes of later generations but they weren't capturing me as much even though Markus having the power of BIG DIGITAL PUNCH was funny.

I can work with biotech. Cloning and magic voice parasties are a established product of Jumper Industries.

Red if I import power armor that has Iron Legion from Marvel cinematic part two into Macross and use that import option to combine it with a mecha do the plans update to include the schematics of the giant robot?

Is there any link between the Prey (2017) jump and the Prey (2006) universe?
The latter is supposedly a re-imagining of the former, so I don't know if that means they're alternate timelines or what.

Yes, Unimaged > A-M.

Do time in accelerated-time dimension (like the heavengazer tower) count towards the jump stay-in time? I'm sure you guys talked over and over about this so what's the consensus?

We could always talk about your favorite Digimon and what you picked in the jumps?

Summoner.

Remember that Puckmon is pronounced "Huckmon" as in Huckleberry finn.

Help me /jc/, poor decisions were made.

There may or may not be pictures of me crossdressing now out on the great multiversal web, after a very poorly executed infiltration plan. And apparently not only have my companions been given copies of these photos (and several of them began profusely bleeding at the nose for... w-whatever reason) but also my Dad's Companions.

And my Rivals.

And apparently my Benefactor's also been given copies and is... currently ghosted off elsewhere giggling?

How do I cause the retroactive deletion and removal of images containing my face, is all I'm asking. I don't know what's going to happen if these pictures linger everywhere too long, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

No link between the two in any respect, far as I'm aware.

As I recall, there is no link between the two Prey games at all.

>retroactive deletion
>not owning the image like pic related
Turn it against them.

Weregarurumon was my favorite one in Adventure, bar none. I was a little kid at the time and his design just seemed so fucking cool. But my partner in the Digimon jump was a Laylamon, because they can turn into Angewoman. Or Lilithmon.

I've yet to take the other jumps, but I plan on taking Puckmon in Tamers. Because I want to be best friends with one of the Royal Knights.

please respond

Anyone have a list of new digimon revealed in the ver20 thing? I want to know what else besides grace novamon I don't know about.

>puffy
I approve

That's not puffy, that's a bulge

Ah, sorry. I'm going to say it doesn't have the schematics of the giant robot. It would have schematics of the interface.

Dang it thanks for the answer though

No, please. Don't. I have too many favorites!

All the Bancho-mon! The Toy line, the Androids, the Metals, and the X's. Not a huge fan of the human fusions though.

If I had to choose a single one though would be pic related. Millenniumon just has a visual appeal to me. That rainbow cloak and cannons is just really cool to me. I also like the Zeeds but the base is just much nicer to me.

My favorite is probably Candlemon for the weakest of reasons. I had his Digimon Card as a kid and I thought he was cool. Also he never got paired with anyone so I was free to imagine that monster as my partner without feeling like I was copying. Mysteriously never took him despite long ago theory crafting his evolution line (Candlemon -> Flawizarmon -> Mistymon -> Dynasmon).

Instead, I usually just grab or make Digimon that I think fit the chain or look cool at the time. In this chain I "made" slight variants of canon Digimon strung together in a line just because I wanted a semi-sensical series of Digivolutions to get an otherwise inaccessible but incredibly cool Digimon.

It goes something to the effect of BlackTinkermon (darker Tinkermon) -> Faemon (Virus variant of Kazemon) -> CrashSilphymon (Virus variant of JetSilphymon) -> Ordinemon (the Digimon I really wanted, pretty much just Ordinemon as she normally is with a belt or two to differentiate, like 2006 Agumon.)

Just, holy shit, it's like a crazy, biblical angel monster woman thing.

Holy frick! I didn't know this one existed! So cool!

>My favorite is probably Candlemon for the weakest of reasons.
Bee. You don't need good reasons to like Candlemon.
He can become Wizardmon, one of the best Digimon ever. At least for anyone who watched Adventure.

Consensus was "fanwank".

Me too. I really like the games, but can't remember them at all. I'm forced to use memories of the first two seasons of the 'toon for all my jump needs.

Has anyone rewatched them as an adult?
I have a suspicion that the show and games will have aged very poorly.

What Take it from someone whose companions will constantly force to wear animal outfits and dance whenever I take a child background (or dress like a girl if I took an amnesia drawback too). Now that they know what you look like in it, they will never stop collecting pics of it, they will never forget, and they will NEVER let you forget.

Hello All! Firstly I must apologize, for the second week in a row there will be a slight delay in the Horizon Zero Dawn WIP, my sickness worsened and the medicine keep me asleep. I am feeling a little better now and I will do my best to have it ready for you all tomorrow. Till then have a giant robot "peacekeeping" machine to bide your time.

All the best,

ZeroAnon

FAS-BOR7 Horus - 600 CP

Part of FAS (Faro Automated Solutions) Chariot combat robot line, these machines were designed as gargantuan automated field manufacturers of Chariot robots (FAS-BOR7 Horus, FAS-FSP5 Khopesh, FAS-ACA3 Scarab) and massive siege units, easily capable of piercing a reinforced concrete bunker with its drill-like tentacles. These massive robots are like all robots of the Chariot class capable of self-replication, biomass conversion for fuel, and posses the nearly unhackable Polyphasic Entangled Waveform encryption protocol.

With this purchase you receive one of these wonders of peacekeeping, to be delivered via airdrop once per jump, in addition to the blueprints and licenses to produce more!

I believe it's a relatively new Digimon from the new-ish anime following the Adventure 1 kids. You can check resources like Wikimon or the wiki for resources every now and then.

>Pic
>Tentacles
>le flashbacks
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Hope you get better soon friend.

Seriously? Here I am, agonizing over the deaths of septillions after turning two entire universes into paperclips before Jumpchan installed a hotfix to reboot my personality matrix, and you're worried about being caught crossdressing?

Recycle them all into paperclips, it's the only way to be sure.

Hey Heavens or Digger, a few questions about Ex-Aid.
Would a karaoke machine or video game engine be allowed as gashat imports?
Can I import a game as a proto gashat without having it stripped down?
Is Taddle Legacy representative of what I could buy for a new level 100?

It's the basic bitch choice but I can't deny my love for Omnimon. I haven't kept up with the series for many years now and even going back, the original movie has not aged well in my eyes, but that one moment where Omnimon comes out and saves the day still made me grin like I did as a kid. So damn cool.

Rewatched the first Digimon movie fairly recently. Apart from the first part of the movie with kid Tai and his first encounter with Digimon, the movie is reaaaally not great.

>Consensus was "fanwank".
solid

Can someone please post a brothers price jump thank you

>jrpg/isekai mage classes
Time Mages are always neet

>the original movie has not aged well in my eyes
Wasn't it supposed to be 2 or 3 separate movies? That they mushed into a single one?

Renamon! I love floof

I just thought about it but what happens if you freeze the time of the clothes someone is wearing but not the person themself?

>companions
Don't have any. Never enough CP to bring them in or gain any

It honestly took longer than I expected for this answer to come up.

You mean when they first combine to become him? Yeah I go back and rewatch that scene once in a while since I love it so.

Yeah, it's three different movies from the Japan stuff into a single one.

Seriously, who designs self-replicating war machines and expects to stay in control of them? No one in these universes has ever read any Saberhagen, have they?

Who from Mass Effect makes for a good waifu
Hard Mode: You can't say Tali.

Update.
I'm now barricaded in the Alchemy Lab.
Dracula's Ghost is laughing at me, I'm pretty sure my Companions are about to break in through the walls, Siegward is telling me to run as fast as I can, and I've apparently got invaders in the castle that I'm fairly certain weren't there a second ago.

... And why is this playing over the fucking intercoms - youtube.com/watch?v=LuqKvaOpKaU

ASSISTANCE REQUESTED. PLEASE.

How are paperclips going to help anything.

Digimon.
youtube.com/watch?v=H8InFnyZ7zI

>if you freeze the time of the clothes someone is wearing but not the person themself?
Then the person is basically help in place by their clothes. They're still alive and can still do things that don't involve large amounts of movement, but they're trapped in the form-fitting prison of their own clothing.

However, depen dingo n how much their clothes covers them, it could also function as perfect armor, as their clothes are now function as immovable objects, meaning they'll survive any form of physical trauma attack that hits their clothing.

Liara or Samara. Or Kasumi.

Thank you very much

When would paperclips NOT help?
Besides, you can paperclip all the pictures together, such that only the top one can be seen. Guaranteed to reduce embarrassment by upwards of 50%!

Liara she's intelligent, cute, and a powerful biotic.

I liked Digimon Frontier

Is that a good or bad thing?

Accept your fate.

Ta-
>Spoiler
FUCK.
Uhhh. Liara? I guess?
Samara is pretty great, as is Kasumi. Depending on how you define 'waifu' you could argue that Legion counts.

I liked the theme song.

Shepard.

I just couldn't get into it. Not because it was bad, but because I only caught like one of every five episodes.

Legion

If you Balefire yourself, you can erase yourself back through time to before you were born, thus preventing those photos being taken of you. Incinerate your shame.

Alternatively, balefire whoever took the photos.

I enjoyed it, but sadly, it followed on the heels of Digimon Tamers.

And Tamers was fucking epic.

Don't worry user, I liked it too. It was still super lame how they got their fuckin asses beat for like the last couple of arcs of the show.

Nothing wrong with good taste user

Still better than X-Evolution.

The CGI. The horrible, horrible CGI.

Balefire doesn't erase memories, though. So any AI could recreate the images from their backup files and show everyone.

Addition:
Susanomon was the tits though.

And I'm also mad that the other members of the cast didn't get their Fusion Evolutions, when I found the Designs of the possible Evolutions, I was just so mad that they just weren't even considered.

You mean like how the Adventure Crew never got their Mega Evolutions?
At least until the Adventure-Tri movies.

>Bobby
>A human
That is a mindless beast.

Beetlemon+MagnaKabutarimon NEEDED a Fusion. They would've made the ultimate Beetleborg

Hey Valeria, since you're around, hope you don't mind handfuls of questions about your jumps:

Does Superhuman Desire from Medaka remove the risk/downside of Pitiful Hunger from Shin Godzilla?

For that matter, how does Tragedy work exactly? Is it automatic, can the direction of development/etc be consciously controlled, etc?

In Monogatari, for Cuckoo Child, how much if any of your power do you have access to when you're a "naked spirit"? ie, if your body is somehow dead and you haven't yet fused into a new one?

In UQ Holder, could you elaborate a bit more re what Magia Erebea does? If I understand right, it basically amounts to a dynamically customizable superform? Looking it up, apparently there're some severe corruption/nasty soul eating aspects to using it, though?

Finally, in Dies Irae: if I'm reading the jump right, is killing people and "digesting" their souls the only way to really climb up in power in that setting?

Whew. I think that covers all my current questions re your jumps at least. And thanks.

Liaraand her mother and 'father', Samara, Shialla can be good depending.

There're drawbacks that'll give companions if you manage to handle the drawback properly.

For example, Too Many Waifus from Smartphone will give you _NINE_ if you are able to manage it. (Probably want to also have some power/perk sharing method)

Eh, probably not for that perk. That's more of a continuous thing.

Well, it's mostly automatic but you can probably give a small amount of direction to it as it goes if you concentrate. For the most part, it just reacts to whatever you are experiencing.

Well, anything that doesn't require a physical body I imagine.

You understand right. It's a super mode that boosts your physical and magical abilities a lot and gives you special abilities based around a spell that you ate as you activated it. The corruption stuff is only present if you're trying to learn it the normal way, you won't experience it via the perk.

For the most part, yeah. There is a perk in the jump to get around that but otherwise, Die Ewigkeit requires you to eat souls and at the time of the jump, it's the only real way to climb in power at any effective speed.

This is why you keep buying Luck perks until your problems sort themselves out just by you existing, user.

Konosuba
Axel
18 yo male
Mage
Lich 700
The way it works 600 High Contractor Class
Pulling pigtails free
Crazy little lady free
The power in this right eye of mine 400
Hyper build 100
Path of Explosions! -200 (Contract Spell)
Laughing mask -400

Items
Adventurer card free
Succubi bar -800
Wizard Companion Dragon Chick free

Drawbacks
Double Trouble -500
Holy order of pigs -300
Shameless -200
Dirty old count 0

Ok so contractor class is something I read about in an isekai a ways back. Basically it is a class that relies on finding monsters and casting the contract spell on them which forms a mental bond with the creature allowing you to control and communicate with them. High contractor is basically an upgraded version that makes it so my contracted creatures can grow and be upgraded as we interact. Plan is for something like magical pokemon, contract a large lizard and one day grow him into a wyvern, or a rhino into a behemoth.

Or just contract massive amounts of slimes for spamming slime mob.

Just not sure if I would be able to store the creatures somehow, would probably need a specialized item like a backpack/storage space. Will work on something. I kinda want to spread this magic around a bit as it has a lot of potential, imagine having a contracted giant steel ant for construction!

How does it feel, knowing you'll never be a jumper?
That you'll never be special?
That you'll never hold your waifu?
How does insignificant mediocrity and awareness of the impossibility of your desires feel?

Is there a good perk for merging with / possessing technological properties? I want to be the Ghost In The City.

I wouldn't know, user.

>merging with / possessing technological properties

Be an ai?

>That you'll never be special?
>That you'll never hold your waifu?
Wew. Maybe if you try hard enough you'll at least accomplish these, user. Being sad about not getting sent on a multiversal Mary Sue adventure probably won't help, though.

Eh, usually not a fan of Isekai settings, they tend to feel not very inspired to me on average. Plus, sometimes it gets hard for me to take my waifu option since usually they already have someone else for them and I'd hate to be a prick and cuck anyone.

For example, I'd love to take the Dancer of the Boreal Valley as a companion, and even have a plan for freeing her and restoring her sanity and body. However, some part of me knows that she already has a sorta thing going on with Vordt, so I feel compelled to also rescue Vordt and allow the two of them to have their happy ending together.

Though color me curious. Are there any other jumps that provide drawbacks or similar options for having free companions?

Eh, its not too bad. My meatspace life is pretty good, I get to travel around some, and its fulfilling. Remember, chances are if you're miserable in the real world, you'll probably be the same miserable sod as a Jumper. Escapism and power fantasies are fine in small doses, but investing too much of your life in it is unhealthy

Insufficient. I want to be able to laugh when they try the obvious and EMP or pull the plug on the conveniently obvious server farm.

>Where is that coming from?! No, that's impossible! You're dead! We deleted you!

About the same as everything else does. After long enough depressed, all your emotional responses get numbed. If I don't feel bad about all the other ways I'm a horrible disappointment, "can't defy the laws of physics to travel to fictional worlds" certainly isn't going to do it.