Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Drakkari Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e3yfXs8vMMw?t=5m43s
moddb.com/mods/warcraft-kings-of-azeroth
docdroid.net/cnpQaT7/calendars.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

best AU coming through

What artifacts do you transmog into older weapon models, and which ones do you leave with their base/improved appearances?

What will Classic do to the community in terms of roleplay?

Any paladin who transmogs off the Ashbringer would probably get REEE'D at, because it's been the paladin dream since time immemorial to wield the Ashbringer.

The shitty ones

I don't think anything will change. MAYBE better quality can be found on classic servers?

I dunno. There's so many genies which can never go back in their bottles now. The lore is fucked. How can we go back to when Old Gods were just a weird thing no one knew about instead of the ultimate villains?

The Fist of Ra-den was in my inventory for all of a few minutes before becoming the Fist of Molten Fury.

>There's so many genies which can never go back in their bottles now.
I was going to say "didn't we kill them in the Skywall raid?" but then I remembered that they show up again in the shaman mount questline.

My blood knight mog solidified in MoP and I don't feel like changing.

My Alliance pally's Ashbringer isn't mogged though.

ironically if the reboot happens this has a good chance to happen

between DK, DH, mage, rogue, shaman, hunter, warrior and warlock, I've transmogged most of my artifacts except for the Scepter of Sargeras, Felo'melorn and Doomhammer

Real talk, is there anything more disappointing than the Ashbringer appearance you get for completing the paladin order questline? It changed it way too much.

>Commie role players are so cringe, not even MoonGuard would take them

Wait, did this actually happen?

See I kept the Fist itself but that dumbass frisbee shield became the Zulian Ward immediately.

They're not the ultimate villains. What a shock, someone complaining about the lore doesn't know shit about it.

Felo'melorn is a damn pretty sword, and one of the few fire-themed swords that actually looks good on a mage's hip.

I just go back and forth between whether I prefer Pride of the Sunstriders or Lavaborn Edge. Pride of the Sunstriders is so much more elegant, but Lavaborn Edge goes so well with Firelord's Mantle. To the extent that I spent a few months grinding PvP world quests to get that damn appearance, since I hate PvPing.

I use the Pride of the Sunstriders with the offhand transmogged into the Book of Highbourne Hymns and my armor transmogged into tier 5

My hunter's swapped Alleria's faggy bow to a WoD green. Incised Gun, it's actually probably one of the best gun models that's made it into the game, and it looks perfect with the BC Gladiator's Chain Armor.

>implying Classic servers will actually get released
Blizzard's going to use the decreased population of vanilla servers due to the announcement of Classic servers to determine that there's no longer a significant market for it.

The lore surrounding the Ashbringer is barely more interesting than a family drama. The rest is just meme build up. Asskandy all day every day.

what reboot

I went with Vicious Gladiator's Redoubt because I'm not Horde

God damn, that is a nice gun model. I'll have to keep that in mind.

>I'm not Horde

It's okay user, not all of us can have taste. Lok'tar anyways.

>The lore surrounding Warcraft is barely more interesting than a family drama. The rest is just meme build up.

I fully admit that my weakness for goat-girls is a debilitating character flaw, and honestly probably would be Horde were it not for said weakness.

Ashbringer was most interesting when it was still corrupted and possessed. Having Tirion effortlessly turn it into little more than a big glowstick was one of the many, many things Wrath did wrong.

It's an understandable flaw though

Yeah, effortlessly turn it into a big glowstick then fucking lose it down a hole.

Tirion Fordring was a mistake.

You're forgetting how much time and effort people had put into trying to find it long before 1.11 even hit the PTR. Ashbringer drove everyone crazy.

Where can I sign up to be a Dinomancer?

Especially given how many orcs have shared it over the years.

>Tortollans are going to be made canon in BfA
>Even when in charge of Hearthstone, Kosak is still managing to make Azeroth his bitch
lmao

oud of mai jungl :-DDDDD

To be entirely fair on that point, pretty much every expansion has introduced at least one never-before-seen furry race.
>Arakkoa
>Tuskarr, Wolvar
>Tol'vir
>Hozen, Jinyu
>Saberon

When's the last time you were ganked by a devilsaur in Un'Goro Crater?

True, but this now means that Kosak can continue to pump out whatever the fuck he wants to into Hearthstone and it will be made canon afterwards. Hell, these aren't even Un'Goro turtle peeps but rather showing up elsewhere.

When we get Ragnaros, Lightlord, maybe I'll heed your doomscreeching.

Goddamnit, man, that's the kinda shit that makes me want to install a private server just to get those old experiences again. I miss Vanilla Un'Goro and Linkle so much.

'member when meme zones were still handled well and interestingly so that a zone where you help our the Mario Brothers and Link actually felt interesting and fun?

In a world where we have Light Elementals and Holy Demons, is it really that much of a stretch?

Tuskarr were in Warcraft 3, though.

Never made any sense for them to be in Un'Goro to begin with, the place has NOTHING to do with either Tortolla or turtles. If they wanted more humanoids on cards they should have just used a few more explorers.

I actually really would have liked redeeming Rag, but I have a soft spot for his hamminess.

I'm still a bit irked that Smolderon doesn't have a unique model. Or, hell, use the Heart of the Mountain model.

It's because the reference component was only ancillary to the actual quest. The Linkin chain is memorable because it's long, interesting, and takes you to all these weird places. The fact Link is your questgiver is just icing on the cake. Contrast with say, Uldum, which is literally just you stomping through the most famous scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark for no reason.

It's actually nothing BUT references almost the entire way through.
youtu.be/e3yfXs8vMMw?t=5m43s
Here's the Linkle chain in its entirety.

I haven't done BoP, intend to do it tomorrow. Until then my Truthguard is mogged as a Honor's Call + Titansteel Shield Wall combo because I like their old-school looks.
But the moment I get BoP truthguard I'm switching to it, been forever since I could have a hammer and shield combo as a tank.

them some thin legs

>intend to do it tomorrow
What, the entire chain in one day? I've thought about doing it for a few of my weapons, but pugging all those mythics and non-LFR raids seems like it'd be a pain in the ass.

Are there any tools mapmakers use to create maps, or do they just wing it freehand on mspaint or photoshop?

>My brain on 6 hours of Tomb of Sargeras
I meant next week, when Nighthold opens up. I've only got the last two quests left.

That makes a lot more sense. Have you been able to pug most of it, or worked through a guild?

moddb.com/mods/warcraft-kings-of-azeroth never ever

Shockingly recently. I was taming pets with my hunter and didn't realize there was some kind of elite level-scaling Devilsaur in there and being half-afk in a lowbie zone and no pet, I didn't notice until too late.

I pugged all of it, it's just Mythics and Normals and not even ToS. When you're both a competent tank and healer there's always room.

Normal EN and NH are now an absolute cakewalk, and Heroic EN isn't that bad. Heroic NH is mixed depending on exactly how carried everyone else expects to be.

Honestly, if I were anything other than a worgen, I'd probably transmog Scythe of Elune into something else, but it just feels right for the wolf to have the scythe.

Ahh, okay. I only resubbed in November, after having quit during early Cataclysm, so the introduction of an entire tier above heroic has been intimidating me out of trying.

As a rule of thumb:
>LFR is braindead tier
>Normal should be puggable, but generally there will be bosses that trip up the average normal group
>Heroic is certainly doable with a consistent group, although some fights will give you some headaches
>Mythic is for poopsockers

>Night Elves wearing Footman armor
>Humans shapeshifting and wearing moon robes
Was multiculturalism a mistake?

Are all Demon Hunters actually blind?

Actually since I just did ToS today but haven't and Antorus, are the mechanics in normal Antorus harder than those in normal ToS?

yes, a complete regression from the lore expansion done in Warcraft 3

I would say in general normal Antorus is easier than normal ToS, there aren't as many clusterfuck fights, but the final 3 of both are similarly demanding. Argus is way easier than KJ though desu

>Druid's Scythe of Elune is a Ghostheart Polearm.
>Death Knight's axe is a lumberjack hatchet.
>Demon Hunter's tonfas are a pair of simple swords.
>Xal'Atath is a plain dagger.

I don't begrudge fancy weapons but Ghostheart is about as extra as I get with them.

I'd compare Uldum to Uldaman. Where all the dungeon had that was Indiana Jones was the staff and the light to reveal the Titan Watcher. Which felt all the more badass because it was just this little easter egg that you had to work to unlock and looked really neat in the middle of a dungeon.

I can't stand warglaives because they cover my DH's sexy back.

I leave my druid ones alone, as the bear claws look cool and I have a hard time finding proper druidy-naturey looking staffs for the resto staff.

The one in their fevered dreams.

They're not blind, they're just not using their eyes as they used to. They mostly see magic and spiritual manifestations. There's in-game options to have your eyes uncovered, and a lot of the veils don't seem to be mending/casts or the like, just kind of an artificial blind so they can Focus on the supernatural sight.

The only ones that For Sure are blind are the ones with actual wraps or bandages.

docdroid.net/cnpQaT7/calendars.pdf

So where did the storm dragon's come from? They aren't one of the normal Dragonflights, right? Is that why Odyn likes them?

Any guesses on what the Kezan dungeon is going to be?

I'm guessing we'll finally see the Venture Company fall.

What Kezan dungeon? Did they say anything?

They announced the BfA dungeons. One is Kezan, apparently all the cartels got just as obsessed with Azerite as the Alliance and Horde.

They messed up and we have to go there as a dungeon. No other information is available, including what went wrong.

>Not carrying your Warblades in your hands all the time
I bet you play Havoc.

>Illidan making more Fel Orcs and ordering capturing Mag'har to corrupt them with his imprisoned Pit Lord
>Having Nether Dragons enslaved
>Draining waters of Zangarmarsh for clear purpose of making local Well of Eternity via making deep waters, infusing it with mana gathered by Mana-Forges (yes, Illidan had sent Kael'thas there even before the latter started to work with Legion), and even giving Lady Vashj and Kael'thas vials of the original Azerothian Well of Eternity that he failed to pour into the Hyjal one (another 1 or 2 was taken by Anasterian Sunstrider which he used to create Sunwell)
>Using souls of Draenei (that are actually known to stay conscious, as proven by Auchidoun) to empower his rituals, while having slave army of Demons and Fel Orcs
And if you still have doubts about Illidan being the villain, A'dal and his Naaru came to Shattrath and recruited Khadgar to deal with Illidan specifically.

>Grimrail can go from Blackrock Foundry in Draenor to Orgrimmar in Kalimdor
Why they needed Dark Portal if they can just take a train?

>Not sheathing your weapons after every glide
Vengeance savages know nothing of class.

That's because you don't have to sheath your weapon when you end your glide with tactical combat drop.
>We call this maneuver "Fel Reign"

Goodbye, Sweet Trade Princes.

They better not make us kill Revilgaz and Gazlowe.

>Implying it won't be Venture Co.
It is time for them to do something big.
And for Gadgetzan be big. It's conveniently close to Silithus, one of biggest Azerite sources.

Why are they waiting so much to explain what azerite does? Does it burn like a thousand suns? What's the point of mining it?

Will Gadgedtzan be revamped to be like they made it in Hearthstone?

I don't think in-game Tanaris is big enough to fit Hearthstone Gadgetzan.

Pure, fresh Arcane power.
Not some old Ancient Mana that barely holds any juice compared to some magic flowers from Suramar, not mentioning Arcwine.
In comparison, Azerite is like having all the mana you need for your latest devious scheme.
And Galywix already have a top made of it on his pimp cane.

I don't lkike their explanation for bigger Gagetzan in Mean streets, Steamwheelde Port from Vanilla was a better harbor than the sandbanks leading up to Gadetzan in the first place (And wasn't covering the aquifer with salt water) Plus they basically acted like the game size was almost canon to start with.

It's basically Well of Eternity juice in solid form. There's no need to explain it. We already know what the Well did.

Ignoring gods and shit, how realistic is it for a planet to have only a single continent and a massive ocean?

Earth did it.

Just didn't last forever.

oh right

50/50, it either happens or it doesn't

Friendly reminder that Vengeance DH use Aldrachi Warblades, weapon that could wound Sargeras, while Havoc DH use warglaives of some betrayed-turned-traitor DH that got his weapons marked by Kil'jeaden.

Also, Altruis is a traitor that semi-directly caused deaths of countless Demon Hunters and has no place among Illidari. And all he gained for that was being jailed like everyone else, while contributing less to what others achieved with their own combined arms.

>eating your gods
>ever

>We already know what the Well did.
Not a single good fucking thing?

Well, I am sure Elves were glad about it while it lasted.

if fucking crystallized titan blood.

The Drakkari were absolute madmen. The Scourge were banging down their doors, and one of their own even sold them up the river to the Lich King. Their brilliant idea was to EAT THEIR GODS to gain their power immediately, not knowing they would be irrevocably cursed and doomed in the long run. The loa didn't like it either; I think it was the local elephant loa who opted to blow himself up than let himself be consumed. This is all on top of the Drakkari being one of the most savage troll tribes in the world, prone to fighting amongst themselves and being especially barbaric.

What is the relationship between Eonar and Alexstraza? Aren't they both "Life-Binders"? Also isn't Freya a life giver too? All kind of the same or am I confusing things?

Azerite is Tiberium.
This whole thing is starting to sound more and more like an early Westwood game.

Time for the Technology of Peace.