After a long campaign your current party gets in the middle of war between demons and has to face the one and only...

After a long campaign your current party gets in the middle of war between demons and has to face the one and only, Devilman.
How fucked are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devilman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the one and only, Devilman

Literally who?

I think it's from an anime

>how fucked are you
Very, now that my GM is a weeb

Not very, this flavor of the week shit will be forgotten in a month anyway, even if I do nothing.

I heard he's a crybaby

Was Devilman bit by a radioactive devil or something? What kind of powers does a radioactive devil have, anyways?

Oh, it's Griffith/Dio Brando again. I'm so tired of this character archtype.

>Griffith, devilman and Dio are the same character type.
Explain yourself, because I having doubts about your cognitive abillites.

I'm talking about Ryo.

I fight for humanity against the powers of God and the Devil, I'm good.

Ryo is the originator so he seems boring.

I don't know who that faggot in your picture is, but he is definitely not the one and only Devilman.

"Hey, who and what are you?"
>*devilman bursts into tears*
"Oh, shit, sorry dude, did we do something?"
>MAYBE IF PEOPLE CARED ABOUT EACH OTHER THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE
"Okay dude, we're a lawful good party, gonna go smite some demons"
>I'm not a demon I'm DEVILMAN
"Yeah okay the devils are actually helping us on this one, turns out they don't like demons either, you know they're two separate things in DnD mythology?"
>*continued crying*

this

>flavor of the week
>30 year old timeless classic

I came here to laugh at you.

Griffith, Dio, Reinhardt, Ryo. Whats with all these blondy antagonists? Do they represent the west?

Extreme strength, speed, and physical endurance, supernatural knowledge, unaided flight, dual-identity (devil man and a more normal looking Japanese guy), some magical knowledge (the guy is a Buddhist in training or something similar).

He can also go full demon rather than just a human controlling a demons body, but he really doesn't do that very often, and most of the time it's because he's fighting a more serious and powerful demon or because he's already been significantly injured.

It's funny how people on Veeky Forums like to flaunt their ignorance with pride.

It's funny how weebs think we should recognize every two-bit character their animes ever shat out at a glance.

I mean, the manga is 47 years old and was heavily influential on the following generations, with obvious parallels in series such as Berserk and Evangelion
But yeah aside from that ending the anime was completely forgettable.

>the manga

Seriously, what manga?

Devilman. Its go nagai shlock, which is to say not good but old and edgy before edgy was common so you are required by oldfag law to kiss its boots.

It has almost no plot to speak of, just devil-themed superhero violence and nudity. Which, I assure you, makes it sound better than it is.

Devilman. Published in 1972. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devilman

user, it's 47 years old. That means you're not expected to remember it, but going on about how you've never heard of it just makes you look retarded. I hadn't heard of it until netflix released crybaby, but you know what I did, I googled it and found out it was pretty fucking big back when it got its first anime, but then because it ended and didn't get another anime for decades, it was mostly forgotten.
Time marches on user, but just because something isn't big now doesn't mean it never existed or never was popular, and if something was influential, as Devilman allegedly was, you just look like a retard going "HoLy ShIt GuYs, WhO tHe FuCk ReMeMbErS tHaT?"

You look like somebody who stumbled into a cthulhu mythos thread, posting
>who the fuck is lovecraft
>I came here to talk about cthulhu
>memes, lmao

Ohhh, okay, I have heard of that way back when. I've never heard anybody kiss its ass before, however, maybe that's a recent thing. Most of my experience with anime and the fandom was 80s/90s, and nobody seemed to think much of it.

Okay. I don't know where it was so huge at, but I'd barely heard of it around here back in the day.

It came out at the end of astro-boy era anime, and was apparently renowned for how deconstructive it was of your typical manga and anime of the time, mostly in the ending, where EVERYTHING GOES WRONG.

I don't think it's aged fantastically myself, as flat deconstructions are wont to do, and most of what it was well-known for has been done better by the series it influenced, but it was definitely a thing in its day.

Fucking hipsters have ruined everything.

I disagree.

It's still fun and Ryo is a great character. There's some cool art from it too. I did read it after Berserk so I wasn't influneced by nostalgia either.

But then again, I just like edgy stories full of monsters and grand thematics.

We just got a planet-cracker class Dreadnought. Devilman is fucked.