[The Imperial Library] www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] goo gl / 8b78MW
[Elder Lore Podcast] www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] goo gl / 7f43lQ

>General Rules
No waifus please.
Keep the MK related squabbling to a minimum.

(did someone forget to make this for a while or are these threads just dead)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21QvfMcVIpM
forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/?p=16312379
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the Hist

Also

Why do the Heartstones that come from the erupted Red Mountain have special effects as if the Heart of Lorkan was still somehow affecting them? Or are there some other theories as to why Heart stones have magic properties?

Reminder that Dagoth Ur did nothing wrong and he should've won.

yeah
maybe they're just pieces of the heart? I'm not sure, myself.

Reading Dagoth Ur's alleged plans made me think - what lost territories outside the province was he going to annex and what would Tamriel look like if Akulakhan went around the continent? The text doesn't seem to imply that Dagoth Ur was looking for a Tamrielic Empire but rather an indirect rule.

For those of you that are/have played it what should I look out for when running UESRPG 3e? Things to prepare for, overtuned/undertuned monster, abilities and feats? I've mostly played PF, and UESRPG looks much less rigidly structured, what with the enemies being grouped in just 6 difficulty ratings and being a classless progression system.

It's possible that exposure to the heart gave them magic. And Red Mountain is one of the towers, at that. It's possible that some of its erupted material is actually magical in nature, just because it was part of a tower.

What about circumcision ?
Is it used anywhere on Nirn and if yes by whom ?

The Redguard and Dunmer for hygienic reason considering the sand/ashes are the most likely to practice it

It seems like a very Altmeri thing to do. I imagine the Bosmer refuse to do it, the Dunmer probably do it, the Nibenese Cyrods and the civilized Bretons probably do it, the Nords don't, the Argonians.... can't? Who fucking knows.

American pls go.
At least in Tamriel you can regenerate your foreskin with magic.

>the Argonians.... can't? Who fucking knows.
The Argonians tried, but it keeps growing back

The better question is - what about female cicrumcision?

Why doesn't Vivec look more feminine, was he bullshitting about the whole hemaphrodite thing?
He should at least have a pair of noticeable, if underdeveloped, breasts.

He's a hermaphrodite down there.

But that's not sexy enough

Is Elder Scrolls Legends any interesting lore wise?

No, in fact it has the opposite effect.

:(

Redpill me on Soulcairn. The party is supposed to grab a soul in there for reasons. Mostly to revive a dead vampire.

They are basically just rocks that have absorbed some of the Heart's irradiated energy and were then launched out as debris from the explosion of Red Mountain.

It removes the greatest triumph of Titus Mede 2.Avoid like the plague.

What should I play then? Recently started an Oblivion playthrough but I'm not sure if it will scratch my TES itch. Tired of Skyrim, Morrowind is overplayed and not really given TESO a try..

>implying the Medes aren't complete frauds at worst and greedy puffed-up warlords at best

>Morrowind is overplayed
The fuck does that mean

I've played it a lot and recently as well. I just want more lore and hopes TESLegends would contribute in some area at least.

Blatant newfag here. New to digging into ES lore beyond knowing the races and daedric prince fun facts. From what I understand everything is traced back to Anu or Padomay. But the last Dragonborn is both? If he’s a Shezzarine then that’s a direct line to Padomay. But if you have a dragons soul you’re a son of Akatosh and therefore connected to Anu right? Sorry if I’m missing something here.

Pretty much everything aside from Anu and Padomay themselves are a mixture of 'Anuic Energies' and 'Padomaic Energies', so TLD being a mix of both isn't that weird.

Thanks that makes way more sense. Also explains how elves can be shezzarines I suppose.

Well then on a different note, what weight does a daedric princes claim to a soul hold exactly? I get that video game mechanics get in the way of cohesive lore in the case of the player character, but what would soul-slutting actually do when you end up a well-dressed dead guy owing Hircine Namira and Clavicus Vile your soul?

>American, please leave this discussion about an American video game series.

I assume they'd just all fight over it, somehow. Or maybe you'd just get split. Who knows, really.

Well with the TLD, I assume his soul isn't of the usual variety that Daedric princes can take since he's more in line with something like Akatosh.

I think they might be screwed on getting his soul.

If u want to play TESO for the lore, then don't. It has some decent times but most of the time you'll want to scream at the sheer amount of stupid bullshite.

What's /tgesg/ opinion on the races of Tamriel (the playable ones)? If you don't feel like talking about all of them is fine, just tell me the ones u want to talk the most,

I wish the mer were more visually distinct and aesthetically appealing.

I'd rather Imperials be more Nibanean than Colovian, if you catch my drift.

I wish Khajiit and Argonians weren't the favorite race of every autistic fag I've talked to who loves "the skyrim series" because they're cool.

In TESO they did some changes to the different elven races' looks or at least that how it looks to me. The Altmer were tall, even taller than Nords but I kind of recall that being a thing back in Skyrim. The bigger changes are on the Bosmer though they are short, almost Dwarf levels of short dare I say and they can have deer like horns. The Dunmer are pretty much the same, though.

Weren't those horns already in Morrowind, though?

Never played a Bosmer on Morrowind and neither I have heard of them before, so I just suppose they were new.

This might sound retarded but is The Prophet in KotN an avatar of Tiber Septim like Wulf was? He gives you The Blessing of Talos and constantly honors the "Eight and One" rather than the Nine.
I highly doubt there's circumcision. Restoration magic would heal it anyways.

On the subject of circumcision, the Yokudans that were able to successfully jump kalpas were so few in number that a genetic bottleneck occurred. Phimosis was so common among the first Redguards that circumcisions became necessary for the perpetuation of the race. Eventually the practice evolved into a cultural ritual, and today the Redguards are the only cut group on Tamriel.

Phimosis (and the practice of circumcision) is somewhat common in Southern Highrock, though this is presumably due to the large number of Redguards living in the area and breeding with the native populations.

Weird question, but what would you say would make Skyrim more like a tabletop game in terms of mods? Just survival stuff?

I like playing with deadlier everything, maximum difficulty, and the start-in-a-random-dungeon mod. As soon as your character dies you delete the save game.

Slap in food/rest/temperature/wetness mods for extra fun.

tfw no UESP purged of all ESO Lore

I honestly love the fact that the elves don't look like just really attractive humans, makes them feel like they are a separate race from men.
Plus, Dunmer girls are sexy, them brow ridges mang.

First I'm hearing of phimosis is tests, source?

*in tes, am phoneposting

Bottom left is the best, I fucking hate how many characters in tes have some retarded tattoo's/paint on their face.

>This might sound retarded but is The Prophet in KotN an avatar of Tiber Septim like Wulf was?

No, he's just a prophet. You know how they are.

if you're playing Skyrim maybe check this out:
youtube.com/watch?v=21QvfMcVIpM

although the lore on Black Marsh is slightly hilarious to read since it feels like you could just replace most of it with 'everything in Black Marsh can kill you somehow'

So it’s Australia

>highly toxic wildlife
>almost unlivable interior
>locals inexplicably love it
>surpisingly good food
checks out

That'd be Vvardenfell
>dust storms
>giant bugs
>evil god that lives in the heart of a volcano
They even kinda look the same.

Would an elder scrolls game work if it were set in Akavir?

Obviously you’d need to go about combat and magic differently, to better capture the different Asian (mostly Chinese) inspirations.

But think about how terrifying it’d be to go up against the tsaesci— one minute you’re exploring dense forests, the next minute you’ve been poisoned, crushed, and eaten by a vaguely humanoid serpent.

You’d still be able to have humans as a race, but as a rarity living in small, spaced out communities or as merchants and students of the races that don’t treat them as a delicacy

I've always felt the hermaphrodite concept wasn't explored nearly enough. Vicec pretty clearly presents as male, and is referred to with male pronouns in official sources if I'm not mistaken.

desu I think it was always more of MKs personal brainchild. The only real references to Vivec's hermaphroditical nature are the 36 lessons and iirc a line in varieties of faith saying he/she. He otherwise seems masculine, it wouldn't suprise me if some of the devs just didn't fucking know he was supposed to be a hermaphrodite.

ESO is okay if you can get it + the morrowind expansion for cheap, like 15 bucks tops

That's unfortunate, because it's a really interesting thing. I always figured Vivec was a sort of ultimate hero/philosopher because he had access to the living experience of people of both genders but also neither, able to gain a metaxial understanding of the universe which was echoed in her dual form as both Dunmer and Chimer and god(dess) and mortal. Even among the Tribunal, he represents a figure caught between poles and transcending both; between Almalexia, who clings to her Chimer body and her fabricated mythology, and Sotha Sil, who accepted his Dunmer fate and devoted himself to the undoing of mysteries by exploring the depths of the universe in his Clockwork City. Vivec, in existing between the various polarities of the universe, is able to transcend them all and achieve CHIM. I think the hermaphroditism is an important aspect of her character which should've been pushed more.

Yeah, I agree, him being a hermaphrodite plays into the whole merged duality nature of Vivec. He is in the center.

Well Hermaeus was able to claim Miraak, who was also Dragonborn. Though TLD is even more complicated compared to him

>you're screwed
so, skyrim presented the soulcairn pretty well. if you go there without the buff of vampirism, your health drains constantly. The masters are entities who feed slowly off of limitless souls and hate to give one up without good reason, namely a lot of other souls to make up for it. Furthermore, they might trick you because they might not have the soul you are looking for. vampires belong to molag bal and are technically undead Daedra. the soul could be with them, with molag bal, or simply gone.

No. It'd be fine for the hardcore fans, but casuals is where the money is at and it wouldn't test well. That's why we are going to get TESVI Redguard

Generally, the daedra don't have much of a pull on souls. The dunmer, bosmer and orcs are exceptions, but generally, the soul has to worship a daedra to end up in that realm. Mora only got Miraak because miraak offerred up his soul for protection and knowledge. Dunmer worship azura/boethia. Bosmer might go to hircine if they follow the wild hunt. Orcs are malacaths. otherwise, the rest of the men and mer are worshipers of the Eight and One.

What someone who only played Skyrim should know about the lore?

> vampires belong to molag bal

Doesn't the Cyrdilic vampire clan also pay homage to Clavicus Vile?

What interests you?

consult this list of links and just look at anything that seems interesting: forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/?p=16312379

I just started playing the Dawnguard dlc and Serana mentions not knowing about an empire in Cyrodill but as far as I can tell there's almost always been an empire in Cyrodill of some variety. Is she from the early Merethic era or what?

Either that or she is from some time in the Interregnum during the Second Era

These threads make me sad desu

Don't forget that it's occupied by a foreign power who dump prisoners on it for no reason.

Yeah, it has gotten a tad dead here lately

Where's this?

It's a completely fictitious map of Yneslea, an Imperial colony somewhere between Tamriel and Akavir.

Character sheet posts? Character sheet posts. Some dope artist made this some time back; I’ll post the blank soon

And here’s the template

Here's mine

>ESO dungeon DLC where you help to entomb Serana

"You don’t know me," Cyrus said, "so I’ll tell you once--"
And then Vivec spoke, and the winds of the beach died down when he did for he was the Lord of the Middle Air and they were indentured to him. He said to Cyrus, “What the fuck did you just say to me, you little bitch?. I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeds, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.”
And here the god of the East smiled a bit too lovingly. “I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.”
Cyrus for his part was circling around Vivec, making a trough in the sand, some place in which to move easier when the fight came. His men watched from the deck of his ship. Some had brought bows and arrows, but Coyle moved them away with a hand.

Vivec lifted his legs to float in the lotus position, his head to the side with the smile vanished and replaced by a dole of remorse without mocking. “You are nothing to me but another target,” he said. “I will wipe you the fuck out with the precision the likes of which has never been seen before on earth, mark my fucking word. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that just with my bare hands.”

Vivec’s eyes went to the Glass Opal cradled in the pirate’s arm and frowned. He looked at Cyrus, dourly, saying, “Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.”

The player character can barter his soul over and over if he/she wanted. Their soul is already claimed. Why the deadra would agree to this is another question. You could posit they don't know and are being duped, or that they do know and don't believe it, or do know and think they can bend the rules in the end.

My own headcannon is that all souls that somehow bartered to multiple powers would go to an entirely different and unknown realm of oblivion that isn't talked about or known. Think of an un-plane of un-possibility. TES lore makes more leeway for things that shouldn't be possible than creating systems where the impossible is truly out of reach.

The best race is probably Nord to me. They harnessed the Thu'um on a cultural level and that is astounding to me. All the races that attempted to bend the earth bones have either broke those bones, or broke themselves. I honestly see the thu'um as a subconscious manifestation of the conscious use of CHIM is. By making it a subconscious connection over conscious they harness the essence of the action, and not the persona of it. It frees them from the trappings of the Walking Ways, by divorcing it from the source. It still harnesses all the potential without any of the cosmic pitfalls of attempting Amaranth incorrectly.

Talos said it was the voice of the True Needs. True needs in this sense is True Nede, the name for the nords before "nord." By living their lives in the fashion of a True Nede, they exemplify all that is pure and divine in Men.

It is a passive negotiation that that is how reality should be manipulated. The Mer got it all wrong (vivec didn't reach CHIM, but Lorkhan, continued to endeavor so others would pass where he failed). The Dunmer are obsessed with harmonious living, but revel in the shit side of reality, getting drunk on their own suffering. They see the failings of the Dunmer as a part of their awakening, but holding onto those bounds creates a boundary in itself. The Nord gets drunk on the revelry of the harsh nature of the world, and use their personal triumphs over it as an affirmation of their place within the Aurbis. Its a totally different outlook and I think it is the difference between Men and Mer.

Are you saying that Men have a better understanding of their place in the cosmos as inferior/not gods, whereas Mer want to claim divinity and are less comfortable with mortality? Or am I totally misinterpreting your post

You could get nubs like Skyrim’s Orcs, but TESO Bosmer can get two types of legit antlers

Are you a “Tsaeci are snake centaurs”fag or a “Tsaeci are ES’ Asian human”fag?

I believe they’re human because
>Tsaeci forts and ruins have stairs
(bipeds use stairs—a snake would use a ramp)
>They’re depicted on Alduin’s Wall as humans
>Akaviri armor has greaves
>Akaviri ghosts in Oblivion are humanoid

I know there’s no wrong answer because they’re left intentionally vague

I think they're snakes because just once I want the weird lore in tes to be taken literally and not blown off when shown ingame as "oh it was just an exaggeration/metaphore!"

>Carlovac Townway:
>There are very old warriors, survivors of Uriel V's ill-fated invasion, and they told me what they saw. I stand by my descriptions that the Akavir Potentates were serpentine, not only in temperament, but in physical appearance. Even if I did not have witnesses, there are too many descriptions of them as snakes to assume that all writers used the same metaphor.

I think they are like the Serpent-man from Dark Souls

>Upper right
Why do Bosmer always look so smug? And how do they look so good doing it?

This man gets it.

Although out of these
Bosmer bottom right is best.

The artist has clearly improved over the years.

I'm with him, and the guy he agreed with. It was a wonderful surprise seeing when I was still a newb who bought Skyrim having almost no idea what it was about, how distinctive the Elder Scrolls elves are. Also, the artwork is great. Tasteful, and it captures the look of the Mer.

Are we all in agreement, that the perfect depiction of the elves (maybe disregarding heights) so far is Skyrim?

Had a scary, albeit unlikely, rhought earlier /tgesg/...

Bethesda love naming their games so they can fit the number of the game in the title... Can't spell Akavir with out VI you know they'd butcher any of the wilder aspects if they did set it there

Where's the V in Skyrim?

They zoomed out over the Y iirc

The Argonians are kind of spooky. They have telepathic connections with trees, and are ridiculously badass at times. They also apparently can cheat reality by surviving just fine in the cold of Skyrim and other frosty environments, despite being reptiles.

you would think that everyone would fear and hate bosmer for the whole cannibal thing.

Redguards are basically aliens. Aliens with a god of hurting other people until they're comfortable. That's an interesting take on fantasy arabs, for sure.