Owlbear Edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/:
What kind of campaign you like most? Dark and gritty? Lighthearted and comfy? What pillar of the game is your most favorite? Exploration, interacting with NPCs, combat?

First for committee-approved content.

brute is coolaroni fuck you idiots

Hey guys rate my austismo
Czilippo was born in the Free nation city of Attla, Son of the mercenary leader Respicio Ferian and the Merchant Ileana Lo Tito, He wouldn’t see his parents often as they mostly travelled together to the different cities of region, he was raised by his aunt Valeriana on various subjects and studies but his interest lied somewhere else, as he aspired to become a soldier of fortune like his father and become famous and powerful, after much discussion between his family, he started his training at age 12 much to dismay of his mother, he was trained by an old dwarf named Torquato a soldier who had seen over a hundred battles on his lifetime, he was not kind on the boy putting him in a rigorous and strict training to prompt him back to a life on the academy , but the kid didn’t budge, against all expectation he continued without pause his training, something that his Oldman and Torquato would secretly become proud of.
On his 17 birthday Zippo left the city and after branding his upper chest in the initiation ritual, he became an official member of his father Merc company: The Silver Gargoyles; however a great lot of the company didn’t put their trust on Czilippo as being the son of the leader leaved great doubt on the kid, however one the day while traveling near the Arden forest the company was attacked by an orc raid, taken completely by surprise the was struck in disarray for orcs were almost nil in the forest.
After his officer was killed, Czilippo swiftly took command of the nearby men around him and with teamwork they managed to kill an orc lieutenant; quickly the orc enemy line turned into chaos prompting them into retreat, such feat in battle dissolved any doubt on the wit and might on Zippo and in turned he became a standard bearer, partly an honor position, partly to keep away of direct danger as his mother became quite hysteric of his deeds; however, tragedy loomed on the horizon.

cursor in screenshot/10

can you not post your stupid OC donut steel that no one responded to in the last thread? thanks

2 years later and odd job came on Attla, to the request of a priest of an unknown religion, the company and various merchants were to deliver a cargo near the mountains south of the Arden forest, thought doubting Respicio accepted the deal after the insistence of Zippo and so the company hit the road however not nearly 3 days on travel explosions occurred on the caravans in the middle of the night, chaos erupted like a volcano, completely filling the encampment with dread and from the ashes eldritch beings appeared and havoc ensued.
More explosions started around the camp turning the mercs and merchants around into vile beings of corruption, Zippo immediately went looking for his family, to his horror the strange priest and various other beings of a dark nature surrounded them, just when Zippo started to charge to try and save his parents a blinding light appeared on the sky and them all fade to black.
Czilippo awakened half naked on an alleyway covered on the gore of people unknown, he recognized the complex streets of attla and around him there were his brothers in arms, immediately city guards appeared and started to slay them, he and a small group of survivor rushed to the nearest stable and escaped the burning city, after crossing the Attla river everyone started to make a recollection of what happened but all just remembered that red infernal light, fearing for their life the survivors fled to the Arden forest

please don't copy paste that shit from the last thread.

Why not?

The forest was an unhospitable place and after 4 days of travel Zippo fainted of exhaustion, he waked up in a monastery, paranoiac he rushed to see where his friends go, he quickly found them resting, the monks them ushered him to rest, they explained that they found his lot half-death near the monastery grounds, Zippo then explained all that have happened until that point; the monks with sorrow explained that the city was attacked by flying monster and cultist in the night and though they managed to repel them great losses where had, and the city blamed the Silver Gargoyles for the act.
After much pondering his group decided to hide in the place as they were obviously going to search for them and trial them for their sins, over time the survivor slowly opened to the word of Oghux the god venerated there, the preaching’s of the monks gave him peace and slowly he became a fervent believer
For 4 years Czilippo has had a tranquil life but rumors of a similar vein of the tragedy past boil his blood, he has taken a vow of justice and retribution, the monks knowing full well what might happen if things go unchecked, blessed him in his crusade against evil, and so he leaves the temple with some of his former men who also decided to crusade against the impending doom; spreading themselves he has come to the town of Bellaborough in vespers of Talisday in search of info about his foe…

because if anyone was going to comment on it they would have commented when you posted it an hour ago

tl;dr/10

Damm I was just to inspired while doing my first pc

Pretty derivative, also the name is complete and utter shit. But at least it feels well cared for so I'd forgive the cookie cutter storyline. Change the name though... seriously..

Have there ever been any monsters in any edition that were of the giant type but were smaller than large?

great now we have a big block of slobbering autism at the forefront of the thread. great.

Hey, I've been asked to play a full caster in a party containing a fey warlock, a tempest cleric, a bow fighter and a goliath (player has not chosen class yet)

Any recommendations?

I like a very heroic but comfy sort of campaign, with bright pastel colours and evil villains.

What properties would a legendary magic saddle have?

>Asked to play a full caster
>ASKED

What universe do you live in where this actually happens? Most of my games people groan about the full-casters and have more fun without them. The DM even limits us to ONE wizard per party.

So, I tried to introduce a funny joke for my players after a rather boring last session and get them to relax and laugh a little.

They're currently on a new continent that has it's own derivative of Common (if Common = English, this new continent speaks Latin). A dignitary of elves on this new continent is looking to meet with a royal from the PC's home continent to try and set up the beginnings of a diplomatic relationship, and agree to a meeting in a place called the Golden Harpoon.

The Elven NPCs think it's a high-end establishment located by the port. In actuality, it's a whore house.

So the Elves try and mostly succeed in maintaining face and being pompous, stereotypical elves, but the moment the PCs finish their interactions with the NPCs the table just breaks into laughter and go into a 30 minute tangent about "browsing the wares" in this type of establishment.

Guess that'll teach me to not make translation error jokes with my group.

My DM just banned wizards altogether...

This third section is littered with spelling amd grammer errors. Also makes no sense (how does the city connect flying cultists and a mercenary group?). Stop your story at the attack on the caravan. Either your family dies and you vow revenge or they are abducted and you vow revenge. Eliminates plot holes and cleans up the narrative

I've never played a caster in this group, because usually I am one of those people who isn't particularly fond of them

So you've got a blaster mage, another blaster mage who pretends to be a cleric, a ranged martial, and the Goliath, who will probably end up as either a melee DPS class or a tank.

If you WANT to go full caster, play a skill monkey and go Bard, act as backup heals and use Jack of All Trades to potentially give you guys an option to not fuck up a social challenge.

Otherwise, I'd say go Paladin and be the party tank.

Why are people so down on wizards?

Do you managed to run/be in one? What are must-have tropes for it?

Wizard, but pretty much whatever will work.

Paladin seems great option too.

>who isn't particularly fond of them
Out of curiosity: Why?

Mmm thanks finally some constructive criticism
the mercs are branded on the chest so the monsters would have the brand also, english isn't my first language sorry about that

How do I make a vengeance paladin without being an angsty buzzkill?

How much will I piss off my GM/party if my fortuneteller Div Wizard tells fortunes at the start of the day and I use my fortunes to make characters believe I can tell the future? (by fucking with a bunch of rolls like "you'll outwrestle a powerful man today" and nix an oppenents athletics roll or vica versa)

Pic related. Basically a general perception that wizards are too versatile, because they get a metri asston of spells-known and their spell list is the most varied and versatile in the game, while all the other casters are thematic and with particular niches to fill (which is a good thing in a team-based game).

A party of all wizards is pure hell to DM for.

You avenge others not yourselve?
>nothing personal kid hehe

alright 5eg. my party has recently and reluctantly completed tomb of horrors. It was garbage and a frustrating meme. BUT, now we have some money and will be using it to make more money. we are a party of monster hunters and our eventual goal is to build a castle/ fortress.

Here's the deal. We are essentially trying to make fantasy JSOC. We will be building this fortress with the hope of training yet more monster hunters, and having them go out into the world in our organizations name to strike at various nasties. I am in the early stages of planning this compound, but I know I want it on a coastline, it will most likely be a star fort of some kind, and it will have a large port of some kind included in it, so we can launch ships quickly.

Eventually, we want to have smaller outposts set up in various cities across the world so we can have a small standing force of slayers in any given place.

But for now, since I am in the early stages of fort design, any suggestions on what I should put in it, how to design it, any suggestions as far as obscure enchantments, fun traps, secret passages, anything at all.

Becauae I like hitting things for lots of damage, and doing that with a spell is a lot less satisfying than with a weapon

>when you want to take cool sounding invocations but you know there are objectively better ones to take.

How many giant walls of text can we repost from the last thread?

Let's go for the record.

That could work but having your character reappear in the city after a bright light seems a stretch. Plus it seems much to have your background having an assault on a city but that is up to your DM. I like the idea that y'all are attacked on the road and were unable to save your family. Having the city assault takes a bit of the weight out of your family disseappearing

Go for Justice, not Vengeance.

Fair enough.

yeah i was thinking the same thing, some people are so desperate for attention.

Son of a merc becomes merc too, merc company is hired by old priest to carry shit, on travel things go boom and people turn in monsters, cultist and monsters attack town, they are defeated and the monster turn to people again they are killed either way, merc son and survivors hide in a temple in forest becomes religious and wants revenge

Dude just was exited about his backstory and wanted some feedback. Maybe he doesn't have a ton of people to talk to about it. Isn't 5eg supposed to be a community where we share our ideas, thoughts, and experiences? Yea, it's a bit autistic but so are most of us. And a lot of us, especially DMs, work hard on our material and often cannot share it with anyone or get help refining it. If you don't like it just ignore it

What experience do you guys have with wizard (or other caster) players trivializing things that would have otherwise been challenging?

eat my ass pal, it got posted at the end of the thread

Yeah I see your point, I wanted to put it like they turn to monsters too and maybe they didn't die or they become bosses later

Someone posted these rules in a recent /5eg/, I'm thinking of introducing them to my new campaign - any thoughts on adjustments?

how do i get demon waifu
?

Thanks. It seems somewhat cliché, but that's not really an issue if you can execute it well.

>Isn't 5eg supposed to be a community where we share our ideas, thoughts, and experiences?
What? I though we are here to share latest builds, exploits and shit on WotC!

I agree with general gist of your post, but i simply have no attention span atm. Even you give me some work.

Fuck tieflings?
Demons will only fuck you over and not in the good sense
Or perhaps you could have a sugar mommy?

I want to put some Skaven like ratmen monsters in my campaign. I've considered using wererats, or reskinning kobolds. Can't make up my mind.

I can't run my game in the wake of the things my players can do. The wizards keeps killing my monsters with outrageous spells, the warlock disabled my entire storyline with at-will mind reading, the cleric undoes every scrap of damage I throw at them. How do you DM? How? They're level 15.

Your family did? Fair enough. But you can still accomplish that without the "fads to black and you wake up somewhere else". That just seemed lazy storytelling. Overall it's somewhat stereotypical but a solid backstory none the less.

I still say change the name. The full first name is impossible to pronounce and the nickname is a bit lame. Maybe go with Zacarai, with a nickname of Zeke? Or at least make the name sensible like Kelzippos or some shit

>Level 15
You aim for a story that wraps up around 10.

Fuck them over, make a volcano go boom, and earthquake, meteors falling a tornado...
They are all natural phenomenoms so why the fuck not?

They started giving me trouble at level 9.

Casters ruin everything. A party should really only have one. A game where your character is on par with a god in dozens of different aspects isn't fun and I don't understand how things were made this way to begin with.

I have two travel sequences coming up in my campaign, one over land and one over sea, are there any good published products I could drop in for those sessions? Or should I just run a one-session hex crawl?

Sounds pretty interesting to me

If you mean which stat-block to use, i'd go with kobolds. I believe Pack Tactics is must on ratmen.

Of course, kobolds have 1/8 CR while were-rats 2, which means each are suited for different power-levels.

At the level 15 they are supposed to face threats from other planes. Step up your game.
Or do this.

They should be fighting literal world-enders by now. Fuck over your wizard by making a campaign seem like it's all about dragons, only for a dracolich with a death knight riding it show up where he has no prepared magic to counter it. Make the warlock fail at reading minds because a necromancer has mindless mooks, and the living cultists have a mindwipe on them so it doesn't unveil the dracolich dragon rider too early. Alter whatever their abilities are to give them a death aura that halves healing within 30 yards and negates healing at 5 yards.

You're not thinking like a DM, you're thinking like a doormat.

You know, if you basically tell them what rolls you are planing to change this way, it may fix the problem the user in the previous thread had, about the whole table needing to wait for the Div Wizard to give them the green to roll

Yeah the wholepoint is that EVERYONE except the cult turn into flesh eating monsters and attacked the town , I liked kelzippos
Its pronounced tsilipo by the way

Two threads ago:
>why the fuck would you ever ban a single spell?
Now:
>ban all casters frankly

Because wizards are very hard to railroad.
If a DM autistically plans a specific path for the party to take the wizard WILL skip at least half of it.
If the DM actually respects player agency and designs scenarios instead of railroading wizards are fine.

I actually made those rules myself a couple days ago. That was a rough draft and I never got feedback. It needs some wording cleanups, notably the text references a Grievous Wounds table but the table is simply labeled Wound Table.

Edits I was going to make was remove the "roll of 2 or 3 leaves a scar", it unnecessarily complicates the rolling and healing a wound already leaves a scar with a better story behind it ("I got this when fighting a Giant, nearly lost the eye"). Also I want to change the stomach wound penalty, too much bookkeeping. Maybe just give -1 on Constitution saving throws.

I broke out that French kaiju and they somehow gouged it in 4 turns.

>/5eg/ is hivemind
Fun fact: It isn't.

This general is exceptionally contradictory.

I love my wizard players because their antics end up informing what I should be designing for the game and I end up coming off as a genius. I rarely know what to do until the wizards give me an idea inadvertently by what they end up doing to the skeleton of my story.

It's almost like there different people in /5eg/ or something...

Easy throw the same party with different name an background at them, see them quiver when the others can go full yugioh on their asses too

>in one
No one ever runs them it seems.
>run one
Yes, I'm running two. I think key things to keep in mind are:
>Likeable, charming NPCs
>Villains can be redeemed, or defeated by the power of good/teamwork
>Avoid grey morality
>the party's home is a small village/the party has humble origins
>excessive gore/depravity should be used very sparingly

french kaiju?

Nice. I really like the rules, and all your tweaks seem even better. I'm pretty keen to integrate it into my core rules for my upcoming campaign, so I'm happy to give you rigorous playtest feedback as we go.

What do you use as canon-fodder enemies?
Unthinking Skeletons? Masked legions of evil?

Terrasque, the strongest monster in the manual

Tarrasque

Reminder that this is essentially a game of pretend, and the rules are imaginary. You can change anything you don't like and nobody can stop you.

Yea, running a Div Wizard that way seems cheesy. I only chose Div cuz my guy is a fortuneteller so if he can literally bend fate to fit his fortunes then people will think he is omniscient to a point

Ah, didn't quite get that. Fair enough. Seems like the town would hunt you down but that creates intrigue. Just clean up the language a bit and it's alright
Also Tsilipo is only marginally easier to pronounce lol

It also can't hit flying targets.
Honestly it's pretty shitty in this edition, it's CR is way higher than it should be.

So... Center the campaign completly around the caster? Good job. Oh. And by the way, you'll never archive want your cute little "screw the caster" antics aim for without more than obvious GM dickery. That being the case you might admit to your wizard player that you concede.

>You can change anything you don't like
I'd just like to emphasize, that there are 3-5 other people at the table too. And they expect you to use the rules certain way. While it is certainly option to change the rules, you should always communicate the changes properly!

Unthinking undead like skeletons and zombies (preferably raised by some spooky magic that has cursed a crypt/graveyard)
Cowardly goblins that flee the second things don't go their way
Crafty kobolds that are just out to steal the players money
Constructs of some sort
Weak fiends

Basically, anything that the players will kill in droves should be either unthinking, or irredeemably malicious.

Appreciate it. Also keep in mind I made it for a low magic campaign. In a regular or high magic campaign you might have to edit it so that you have magical ways to heal vitality or regenerate wounds. I'm glad you like it. I wanted to increase the suspense of being a hit away from death or maiming as well as making Medicine a more important skill. Also I like the idea of lingering injuries but the DMG rules are not only arbitrary but incredibly punishing

I don't think you read my post and you are unreasonably angry. I would suggest taking a ten minute walk to cool your head, and then coming back to the internet.

Yeah, I feel a little guilty changing stuff when ~4 other people wasted a bunch of time learning the rules from the PHB

Btw, I'm going to edit that PDF soon with the things I mentioned. So if you don't want to make your own but you want a clean PDF for your players maybe check the general in a couple days. I'll post it in a few threads

My campaign is going to be a more standard magic campaign, I'm torn between adding Vitality versions of the standard healing spells, or just adding a Vitality effect to those spells (for example. Cure Wounds does 1d8+spellcasting ability healing of HP, or 1d3+SA for Vitality.)

I admit I've never met one in real life, but control freak DMs seem awful.

Paladin 1 hits the lich? Better fudge its health because I wanted this fight to be """epic""".
Party finds a clever way to bypass monsters? Better ass-pull a reason they have to fight everything.
Fight's too hard and PC's retreat? Oh escape is blocked and the fight's suddenly easier.

Then they whine about how their players aren't engaging with the game after nullifying every single PC decision.

I'll keep an eye out for you, and keep my mind on a more regular magic healing solution that won't undercut the intent of the rules.

Casters are useless and naked after they ejaculate all their magic away. Make sacrificial encounters to make them blow their loads before you run them through the intended challenge. Or just don't ever let them get a full nights' sleep. Send banshees to tickle their puckered bumholes in the night.

Tarrasque.

>Party finds a clever way to bypass monsters? Better ass-pull a reason they have to fight everything.
the alternative to this is they no longer have a game to play

How do I deal as much damage possible in one strike as martial, that wouldn't rely on random factors like crit chance? I want to create a signature move for my character, but I still didn't pick a class. I will probably go with polearms as weapons

Does anyone know if there is an app like "d&d 3.5 compendium" but for 5 edition? Basically, it was dnd tools, with all prestige classes, feat, spell etc, and incredibly useful to find stuff on the fly

Tarrasque

There was but they got haughty about using paywalled info and WotC came down hard on them

Fuck. I found a site, roll20, but I would prefer an offline version

I'll do a proof read in the morning then haha, thanks anyway friend

Well the vitality regen will likely be "at end of a long rest a character may cast a healing spell to heal vitality points, the points regained are equal to the spell slot used to cast ths spell. A character may only benefit from one instamce of this magically vitality healing every 24 hours". This scales the healing well to level and makes it less abusive because you are giving up a potential spell for the day for emergency vitality healing. For the wounds just add that the regeneration spell fixes the wound but maybe add a burnt cost to the material components for the spell