Are you trying to get your girlfriend into tabletop, or was she already into it when you met her?

Are you trying to get your girlfriend into tabletop, or was she already into it when you met her?

> girlfriend

Couples that share nerd interests are very off-putting for some reason.

I'd never want any girlfriend I'll never get to get into my tabletop, except to play with just me, or to paint with just me, like for fun once or twice a year when we are bored inside and don't wanna fuck because my micropenis doesnt work after years of being tempted to by a daemon of slaanesh, I/E my wife.

lolno

I play to tabletop to escape from her incessant bitching

Ive gotten her excited to design her own regiment based on the Finns during the Winter War. So Yeah, I think I've converted her.

> girlfriend

She had a brief interest. Then she saw the Prices and called me an idiot.

Why do you keep making this thread?

>girlfriend
Disgusting. Unless she happens to have autism, it's a no go. My dad met my mom through DnD and I'll not settle for anything less.

>girlfriend
No thank you
>inviting women at the table
KYS

Met my wife when she joined our weekly playgroup 7 years ago. We have a 6 month-old son and we still game every week.

>settling for constant bitching
Come on, man, you're better than that and you deserve better.

I honestly can't tell if that image is ironic or not

This looks like an image from the good old days, back when /pol/ really was right and hadn't become an Israel-worshiping faghole.

Tell her ypu spent 200 dollars on her.
Buy her a 10 dollar purse from walmart
put a box of minis in it

mmm i think she sees it as you would see people gathering to play poker or console videogames

My wife plays once in a while. Our group has mostly married w/ children couples these days. Only one was already into RPGs when she started dating her eventual husband. The rest we roped in when they decided to give it a try.

And yes, one or two of them really were that hot. Ten years later, they're still looking pretty good.

FPBP
Also this
kek'd
unironcally this

I've never found a girl I've enjoyed playing RPGs with not to sound rude, usually its one of the PCs gfs, and always asks the PC what to do because she couldnt have been fucked to read the rules. And they tend to be a bit annoying, especially if you're trying to do a more gritty realistic setting, also i need to censor myself around girls because I'm a racist and want to play racist characters who don't like elves or something. I'm sure some girls are great fun to play with, but I've never played with any nor seen any. If its the GMs gf thats the worst. A couple times I had girlfriends who wanted to play with me, the first one was a weab and always wanted to but whenever the opportunity arose she said she was busy or something, which is fortunate in hindsight because it would have annoyed everyone else I play with, the other made a necromancer half orc for D&D and was just really annoying, she read the rules though which was nice, but we didnt add her to our campaign we just played a new campaign with her that only lasted 2 sessions. Girls arent very funny and they roleplay annoying characters.

>Our group has mostly married w/ children couples these days
Don't feel pressured into answering if you don't want to, but how do you juggle raising children with work and having your hobbies? One of the reasons I don't want to consider marriage and children is because I presumed it would be so timeconsuming that it would take up all the time you aren't spending working or taking care of the household. Giving up anime, vidya and elfgames just isn't worth that for me.

My ex and I actually got to know each other and started dating due to working on the setting for the campaign I ran and she played in. Us both being worldbuilding nerds, we spent a bunch of nights hanging out drawing maps and talking about the ecology and history of the fake countries we made. Eventually we asked each other out one night while doing it.

Lot of fond memories there, pity it didn't work out between us. I still love that setting though.

Not him, but juggling between raising a child and various hobbies isn't impossible. I play vidya while my son is asleep we play tabletops once a week and it's pretty easy to take care of a baby when there are 6 pairs of hands to help. You definitely have to make the time to do what you want, but if you really want to do something, you make the time to do it.

>play game with friend and his wife
>she tries to control everything that goes on and orders the other players on what to do with their characters
Girls can play, Girls who are another players SO cannot.

My group is 3 women and 2 men. We were friends before we played. 2 couples and 1 single person. They were dating before playing. We all got into it together, no one was convinced.

No, my wife has a wargamer WAAC mentality and I have a narrativist bullshit mentality, so we don't pair well together when it comes to RPGs.

I've talked to her about it but she doesn't seem interested past just humoring me. She really doesn't have a great attention span for things like this, which I understand. I'm happy to settle for the vidya middle ground.

My boyfriend is more of a video game person, but we both enjoy tabletop games. We have a long-running campaign involving a dungeon crawl in a vast, ever-changing dungeon. Think Wizardry or Etrian Odyssey if they were procedurally generated. And had more story.

BASED

Agreed. My group all has wives/gfs and none of them play with us.

She desperately wants to get into it the same way she wants to get into everything I'm into since she's pretty clingy and immature, comes with the age I guess.
And I don't wanna get her into it because I don't think she'd be a good fit in our group, plus the me-time is appreciated.

My fiancee was into board games before we met. Our first date was actually beer and board games. Now we are in a TTRPG together and still do the board games thing with just the two of us or with friends. Our video game interests are pretty divergent but there are some games we play together or pass and play for single player stuff that's more narrative.

My main gaming group includes 2 other couples and SO issues have literally never been a problem in over a decade. Playing with people who aren't shit helps a lot.

No, I believe in Shariah law, but only the parts that apply to women.

Fuck off, homo.

>tfw 23 year old dateless virgin

gf loves board games but not rpgs

I was in the same boat. Got my shit together in my mid-20s, put myself out there, and now I'm engaged to a gamer girl and about a year and a half from making six figures.

I'm 28, get on my level

It's a juggling challenge, sure. But I love having kids too. We play much less often (1-2 sessions/month) but we have a good group so there's no nonsense of trying to find players.

The thing is, life goes on. You can't be a 20something forever. All you can do is get left behind as everyone else moves on. I try to stay in touch with my single gamer friends but our lives are in such different places now that it's very hard. I don't think living in a two decades holding pattern has done them any favors.

If they aren't, eventually they get there.

Just like going to the gym.

She went 100% into it.
Great surprise.

How do you keep waifufagging with a real gf though?

My girlfriend was interested in Magic till she found out how expensive it can get. Now she just makes cookies for me to take for the group. She doesn't care how I spend my money as long as our rents paid and we can still take trips together now and then.

>She doesn't care how I spend my money as long as our rents paid and we can still take trips together now and then.
>my money
>my
Why are you saying this like it's some grand achievement? In fact it's a disgrace that she even demands these trips in the first place.

We met through tabletop, actually. She was a friend of a friend who joined our RPG group, and eventually we hit it off.

No.

Honestly, none of my friends have drifted apart, we just keep in contact using messengers, play games and tabletops online. I don't get how this happens if you have the same interests still.

/t/g - Blogs and Lies

Don't worry bro, those grapes are probably sour anyway.

Can't understand that some of us can like games AND don't hate women? Dont worry, you'll grow up eventually.

bf used to play 2e 40k, we've been complaining about how awful nuGW have gotten in between getting lewd.
I think I may have gotten him back into collecting.

hi jani

Tell her if she doesn't play then you don't enter the front door anymore.

it happens because out of sight is out of mind

nobody keeps in touch with me.

Some people change after having kids. Sometimes it's a shift in priorities, sometimes it's a shift in worldview.Worst case scenario they become one of those smug assholes who look down on anyone who hasn't had a baby yet as being immature and/or selfish. Regardless, it can and does drive people apart.

>demands
Assumptions kill 3000 people a second

>Come on, man, you're better than that and you deserve better.

That's making several assumptions don'tcha think?

My gf got into tabletop with me because she doesn't trust game store skanks alone with me.

How did you do it? Or better, how did you start?

It's thanks to tabletop that we met, going strong for almost two years now, she's your typical sweet homely asian girl that plays elves.
>mfw homecooked korean food

marry her

Did you mean homey as in domestic, or did you intend to call your girl ugly?

I think you meant comley

My girlfriend has played some RPGs with me but didn't like them all that much. We both play videogames together and that's a better past time since we both enjoy it. She likes card games and is a fan of One Night Werewolf, so I'll take it.

Not him, but reading the stoics did a lot for me when I was younger. Also, find someone to look up to. Have a hero. The biggest insult I've ever received in my life was a family friend telling me I was undisciplined, and that really hit hard.

If you need more personalized help, leave a contact and I'll get in touch.

Why are you fucking dating her then?

Be a man and stand up to her or break up with her. She's not the boss here, you are

Go back to r/pol you fucking newfag

You're fucking delusional

Both, she's domestic and she's very average-looking. Or rather, she's perfectly fine and cute but when this site's perception of asian girl is Anri Okita then my girl looks bad in comparison.
Not that it matters to me, couldn't be happier.

Don't worry, you'll have constant bitching, nagging and passive aggressive behavior soon enough.

In b4 "no she won't do that". Yes, yes she will.

Silly user

My girlfriend is already on the table-top

>you're fucking delusional

You're seething rage isn't a replacement for knowledge of this sites history. Delete your post, and meditate on this fact.

>Be a man and stand up to her or break up with her. She's not the boss here, you are
What is it with people and thinking you should only date flawless 10/10s who you have no issues with and want to be with 24 hours out of the day? Not just Veeky Forums but everywhere.

People who've never been involved in a relationship with another human being have no understanding of how to properly navigate one in a fulfilling way, so, like the petulant and whiny manchildren they are, they stomp their feet, scream and rage, and demand the moon on a platter.

>What is it with people and thinking you should only date flawless 10/10s who you have no issues with and want to be with 24 hours out of the day?
As someone who has actively avoided dating since my teens let me put it like this: if you're going to give up your friends, your free time, your most beloved hobbies, your masculinity and potentially up to half of your past, present and future belongings for someone it'd better damn fucking well be something worth paying that price for. If I'm damn near selling my soul, I demand the best of the best. I deserve what I'm paying for. It's the same as going to a restaurant: if I'm paying 100 buckaroos for a plate of soup, it'd better be the best fucking soup on the planet and not some cheap canned shit.