Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Can Someone Explain The Economic Benefits Of Working With Resin edition?

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/19/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-4-stratagemsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Vostroyan Vehicle Armour. (embed) [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for no good rules for xenos in this year.

Firth for the missing chaos gods

One or two codexes user. Probably one.

Is LR a good pick for 1000pts and 1500pts casual Custodes lists or it's just a waste of points? I like the aesthetic of this tanky bastard

The Land Raider looks utterly out of place among the custodes though?

>first game of jetbike custodes will be against ravenwing
fuck you and your pleb bike sammael

Your Dudes > My Dudes

Seventh for the missing chaos god.

Cant argue with that logic

>using pleb raider
>when you have grav carries
>or could be using FW custodes dreads

Should have been red with more bling. Also a Proteus.

I don't see any, but many of the best kits happen to be resin so I still do work with it. Most of the time said kits don't appear to need to be made of resin anymore with how good plastics have gotten. I mean, the engine bits of the Macharious Omega for example doesn't seem any more or less detailed than the engine bits of the Hellhound.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

>Also a Proteus.
your taste is bad and you should feel bad

Nth for

I like its Mark I vibes and Great War theme desu

I'd welcome land raiders for 30k custodes (and rhinos for SoS), but FW will never do that.

If I my army takes out that titan, do I get to eat it?

>That heretical machine is right on top of us! What do we do, Brother!?!
>EAT! EAT OR DIE!

>Sammael
>Pleb

Fucker spits out about as much firepower as a tactical squad by himself and hits harder on the charge.
Manlet custodes wounding glorious Sammael on 4s as he lops off their heads on 3s

What're you folks working on today? Completed any models recently? Any games to play? Any hobby goals?

Old canon > Nu canon.

It looks nothing like custodes and is expensive as shit. I'd rather invest the points into a squad of Verti.

any tips for painting admech like pic related?

I wonder where scripty is now.
Maybe I should start doing community conversion threads, those were fun.

Instead FW has turned it's self into a resin dildo factory

Which weapons should i use on AL contemptor in 40k? Thinking about 2 claws amd flamers on them.
And what is chainclaws? I found only claws and fists

Slowly assembling Elysians right now. Currently hating life as I try to figure out what went so terribly with the arms.

>What're you folks working on today?
Nothing today just waiting for some new models to come in.
>Completed any models recently?
A squad of tesla immortals.
>Any games to play?
Not really due to weather.
>Any hobby goals?
Same as new years goals less procrastination on painting.

I said his bike is pleb and I stand by that

>ork trukk
>squad of iron warriors for 30k
>nah i don't play
>nah

I’m in the middle of building a gorkanaut and I fucking hate this kit though the fully assembled model will look really cool. I haven’t spray primed a model in ages so I’m a bit nervous about this one but hopefully it’ll all go good. His debut game is this Tuesday in a 2k match against the death guard.

Probably finishing off my cultists, only 15 to go.
I haven't even got out of bed yet.
>Any games to play?
I don't schedule things on Sunday. Dunno why.
>Any hobby goals?
I'd like to have my new cultist army painted and based before the LVO next year.

>Terrain for Guild Ball
>My first Custodes model
>No 40k this week because school starts for me tomorrow
>2000 points of Custodes before February ends

I'm kinda thinking of buying one FW dildobike just to have one for my Custodes? Weird desire I guess.

that's a lot of gingerbread I think you'd want to share

not the foggiest honestly, I'd like to think he's been hired by a studio somewhere. Not sure if the boards got the appetite for that kind of thing anymore, the place is a lot more cynical than it used to be (or maybe rose tinted spectacles) give it a go in /WIP/ I guess

Painting up more Scarab Occult and working on my Osiron.
Haven't played much in 8th, waiting on the codex.
I want to get all my rubrics and Scarab Occult done before I start buying more birds.

Finished this bugger yesterday, today I am planning to finish another, much quicker than the last thanks to great /WiP/ help

Nothing, because UPS are incompetent fucks and screwed up my FW delivery

Do it. use it for a HQ on to make him stand out

Are tanks just for transporting and having an anti tank weapons platform that wont blow up instantly?

Well, not sure I want to give the uglier bike to my shield captain?

Try and use similair colours maybe?

God I love those Osiron Dreads

watching bikes slam into some loser in their own back lines and do some 20+ wounds on them

Diaz Seekers. I'm finishing converting the command squad.

Pic Related

>Any games to play?
I'm just playing AoS.
The elimination of the various Heralds of Slaanesh in 40k bummed me down quite a bit to be honest, so I'm probably not gonna play 40k for a while.

>Any hobby goals?
Not really. I paint a unit a month and I'm very steady in that.

Guy who keeps telling you he doesn't like your scheme here.

I really like your scheme.

Great War and Golden Baroque Super Soldiers don't really mesh in my opinion.

Was just about to start painting these guys. Mostly for HH, but with the incoming codex I'm open for either.

>powerfist at custodian
Didnt know they can take 'em

Was surface detail the original reason, from back when plastic and metal models were shit? Because I'm working with a resin kit for the first time, and I'm just wondering.

>Heavier product requires higher shipping fees
>Mould Release needs a full day's soak and scrub
>Warping, large gates, and result in loss of detail or unsalvageable product that needs to be replaced

Is Resin just a cheaper material than plastic? Because it seems to cost way more. Are the moulds cheaper to produce and operate?

Having to wash, boil, bind, and shave my components so that they fit on the plastic half of the components has not been the kind of experience that makes me go, "Weee! Warhammer!"

They can't

Based banana armies soon

bump for interest, but more specifically how you guys paint red plasma gun coils to not look like shit.

Yeah, but maybe some good natured community kitbashing OC is one of those things the board is lacking and would go over well.
It's nose to the grindstone for me until the 31st anyway. I got barely time to paint two 15mm dudes and an IG test model.
But after that I have one whole month vacation, so I can finally decide what project to tackle. So maybe doing something huge and stupid would be nice.

presumably a solarite gauntlet since he said they were mostly for HH games

In 30k they can.

So are SoBs a good army? They seem god at shooting but shit at melee with a great transport and no heavy mechanized options.

At this point, the main appeal of resin is that the moulds and moulding apparatus are much simpler and cheaper.

White, red wash then white drybrush on top or bright red with white drybrush

Thanks user not sure if sarcasm but I'll take it

Chainclaws are the chainfist equivalent for Contemptors.

The armour looks pretty similar to how I did my Skitarii, which was with sycorax brass.

Why does it cost so much more, then?

duel butcher cannons are amazing. if you want to do duel fists there is a MW dealing flamer you should try out. this will make your contemptor a high priority target tho so watch out

Thank you user!

Solarite Gauntlet, a HH option. It'll just be a Sentinel Blade in 40k.

They're good, stock up on meltas or storm bolters depending on if you want to super kill fewer things or plenty of lesser things

yeah but isnt it helpful to have the land raider to transport some of your non teleporting troop units of slow ass custard guard around to relevant locations of the map?

Painting my aquilon terminators, it's not going very fast as I don't know if they will be usable in 8th edition

Also, FW Repressor for transport if the Immolator isn't your thing

Because the FW stuff is aimed more at the long term players/collectors who are willing to pay more

If chainfist= chainclaw and claw=deathclaw what power fist supposed to be?

Finishing getting my Eldar to tabletop for LVO. Just need to get all the bases consistent now. I'm taking a game break given than in just a few days I'm going to be playing 6 games.

Hobby Goals - write my demons of chaos list today.

One reason I didn't invest heavily on all the options on 30k Custodes.

Resin has a lower cost to produce molds and operate them. Plastic has a high start up cost, but much much lower cost per casting.

plastic you can granulate and reuse
metal you can melt down again and reuse
plastic injection molding only takes a few seconds per sprue
Metal spin casting usually produces several pulls in one mold and also is done in a few seconds

Resin is a two part component deal that if miscast basically boils down to wasted time. Can't even reuse the material.
It also has to sit longer. Shorter curing times mean more bubbles, i.e. miscasts.

Metal and resin casting are cheaper to set up than plastic injection molding.

Genuine. Been a pleasure watching the progression in pulling off these guys; looking forward to seeing more!

magnets bruh. super easy with solarites since they replace the entire arm

Yea, so I thought.

At a glance BS 3+ with plentiful bolter/storm bolter/flamer access and cheap as fuck 1s reroll auras would make for a great shooting with decent survival with power armor too.

What tank support would you take with them if any?

>
You're missing the point. Cheaper moulds means that much lower volumes are viable so they can make stuff that's more niche.

Well I can get behind yo on that, just you know far enough behind that if people start throwing rocks I'm out of range

The deathclaw IS the power fist.

I always thought that shields & fists looked retarded
I still feel the same
Nothing on you, just.. the combination, those FW Imp fist termies have it as well

A bunch of Genestealers.
Broodlord as my first Tyranid HQ.
>Any games to play?
Always.
>Any hobby goals?
I have a Knight Acheron I want to finish. Problem is that it’s chinacast and I’m missing an elbow joint.

The ball joint for my jetbikes to flyer base Is pretty loose, should I glue it or leave it?

Another reason is that I'm trying to recreate the style of old artwork, which don't have fists and swords on them.

So claw isnt death or chain claw?

But Custodes are plastic.

I glue mine but that does present its own transport challenges.

Maybe if the niche stuff didn't cost twice as much to purchase, didn't cost 50% more to ship, didn't have a higher hobby barrier to assemble and work with, and had the typical GW marketing push behind it, it wouldn't be as niche?

I'm considering finally getting around to Slaaneshing things up with some daemons. How do I do it right?

Currently thinking daemonettes en masse, sprinkled with fiends and exalted chariots.
The masque and a keeper of secrets or two for HQ, probably.

Question is, how do I deal with hard targets?
RAW, it's possible to put mark of slaanesh obliterators in my daemons detachment, but I imagine that'll be getting an errata, as other similar stuff doesn't get the daemon faction keyword. (And it might not even be a good idea in the first place.) Anything else I should be looking into getting as heavy fire support?

tl;dr: Any must-haves or must-not-forgets for playing Slaanesh Daemons?

Different tastes, I guess. I think fists and shields are the tits, but I can see why somebody might not like it.

well I guess the prices are roughly at the point of maximum indifference. I don't know if it's still the case but Forgeworld used to operate financially independently from the rest of GW so it's probably more down to overheads than to parts and labour

Noise marines.
Sonic dreadnoughts.
they're chaos, but you can soup them. Add a demon prince as a HQ (Bonus points if it's an emperor's children demon prince for that sweet +1 attack and +1 strength from intoxicating elixer.

Hey man, what's there to lose? Worst case scenario I bought a bunch of kits that I convert by myself and if people start throwing rocks, I'll just take off my trip and pretend to be one of them

What would you tell him and his team?

So they should just gamble on something odd-ball selling loads? Good way to piss money away.

Or they could do it in resin and see how it sells first. See baneblades and valkyries, for example.

And him?

Nice job buddy, Sisters next