Is it safe to keep ETH and tokens at an address you've sent from...

Is it safe to keep ETH and tokens at an address you've sent from? I know it's not ideal with bitcoin because if they have your public address cracking private keys is cake, but can't figure out the truth for Ethereum.

*public key I mean, not address.

Get the fuck out normie cuck

You can't get a priv key from a public address retard

How exactly do you think this has been working this whole time?

> cracking private keys is cake
you are pretty retarded aren't you?

I meant public key, which is revealed when you send from an address. I've been looking at big eth wallets and token holders, and they always move everything all at once, never keeping shit at an address they've sent from.

It's significantly easier to get private keys if you have their public key you fucking faggot

Hahahahahahahaa I can't

>It's significantly easier to get private keys if you have their public key you fucking faggot
holy shit lol

Everybody slamming on op in this thread is literally a retarded newcoiner.
I'm not sure, op. I'm not sitting around to find out however, it's good practice to move everything every time.

There are enthusiasts in this world who can hack military systems. There is always a way to exploit.

Don't take anyone's advice for it, you should just do what makes you feel comfy.

Personally I wouldn't trust myself to move all my shit so frequently, I can't even find my car keys in the morning.

>There is always a way to exploit.

Except there isn't

Thanks it does seem much more theoretical than realistic for now, but I'm going to move my shit you're right. Although digging deeper I see binance's cold storage wallet is worth like 1.5 billion and they clearly don't care.

I get the sense most of the people ITT don't understand the difference between an address and a public key.

go hack a Satoshi stack, you imbecile

Murphy's law

> cracking private keys is cake

>It's significantly easier to get private keys if you have their public key you fucking faggot
stop saying fagot, it doesnt make you fit in more, fagot

>cryptocurrency isn't the product of extremely paranoid people
You normans are welcome.

You can't crack a private key just out of its public key. Anyone telling you they can is bullshitting you into oblivion. It's possible to brute force it (if you're willing to waste a couple thousands of years while using way too much processing power that you don't have access to), but it realistically just isn't happening.

Read into public-private key encryption before spewing out the shit you're putting in here. You'll quickly understand why no one is taking you seriously, OP.

you and OP dont have the slightest idea about assymetrical encryption yet you carry yourself like you do. Read a fucking book. Thats why youre being insulted with image macros. Fucking retards I swear. And im no normie, Ive been here since /g/

No it's not, that's the entire point of public/private key pair encryption you big dummy.

but will there come a time before they can crack private keys from public keys before private keys are all breakable without public keys? Or when the technology comes will it be simultaneous?

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the ETH “private key” that long ass string of words? If so, it has no connection to your ETH address. The string uses every word in the English dictionary, randomized with repeat words possible so it’s essentially impossible to guess.

maybe with quantum computing. but nothing to worry about it, its years away
kek

I like the one word reponse. It shows me that you know less about the topic than I do.

i wont spoon feed you

and yet you reply, proving me right. Good work, brainlet.

>I like leaving my money open to a unrealistic but very real vector of attack!

I am truly out of words to descrive how imbecile and normie you are. Go suck a massive Vitalik shaped dick you subhuman waste, and study some cryptography.
Fucking normies