Is this true? I thought SWIFT was just a meme...

Is this true? I thought SWIFT was just a meme? Did sergey seriously retool his company (SmartContract/Chainlink) just for SWIFT?

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/token/0x514910771af9ca656af840dff83e8264ecf986ca?a=0x89526ae6a268be75cd13f3330a58373cd2a87a12
youtube.com/watch?v=DrlL5v78FtA&t=169s
finextra.com/newsarticle/31452/dtcc-ceo-cautions-on-dlt-hype
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stuff like that isn't reliable at all
people start sepculating and see connection were there are none
just becuase things happen in a similar timeframe doesn't mean they are related

that said it would be stupid from chainlink to just focus on swift
bondings are just a small usecase for smartcontracts

Saw this the other day, not sure if legit though.

delet this!!

It is all specualaion right now, we might see nothing again trom Sergey for a couple of months, he said that in a q&a himself.

Maybe they didn't change for swift but the focus of the company clearly changed from when it was founded and it explains the name change.

I thought he specifically said it would be unlikely they'd be so quiet for months. Marketing director will start tweeting from day 1 and it's over. Idk I know the focus is on b2b marketing but don't they want private node operators? I guess they aren't worried about recruiting. Perhaps they've made more progress recruiting corporate node operators than we are being told and don't necessarily need a bunch of regular joes (not really regular as it requires a bit of work and technical knowledge) setting up their own nodes. There are only 90 people in the Gitter chat, and presumably not all of them are really there because they want to operate a node.

>Muh marketing director

All you fags keep mentioning the marketing director like its coming soon. They said they were hiring one from the very beginning. It's been over 3 months.

that is legit, it's on their website.

They haven't needed one until now. It would have just caused unnecessary hype. Right now is the perfect time.

A Chainlink-associated wallet moved two chunks of 1 million each to two different wallets. I'd be willing to bet that's new hires. Plus another chainlink wallet moved a million like a month ago.

etherscan.io/token/0x514910771af9ca656af840dff83e8264ecf986ca?a=0x89526ae6a268be75cd13f3330a58373cd2a87a12

If you are seriously betting on LINK because of its partnership with SWIFT, then you should hedge your bet with XRP in case it doesn't work out. Personally I don't think LINK or SWIFT has a chance. I believe the bankers have already chosen XRP as the next global reserve currency.

LINK is not a currency you brainlet it's a utility token and it's use is entirely different than ripple's. Man the stupidity on this board. SWIFT could adopt ripple and still use Link

I sold all my link. I was big into it but there's too many competitors like OracleChain and it's clear sergey has made no new hires. Does anyone seriously believe in secret partnerships and secret hires? Come on, how dumb can every one here be? Also they're not even launching a main net this quarter. It's an initial implementation which is just another word for a new test net, which is exactly where they were a year before the ICO.

I'm 90% XRP and gonna ride that wave to $10. That's what a real team and actual working product looks like.

I wonder what that domain name smartcontract.com would be worth now, probably at least 1 billion

Not sure if your doing this for lulz or are actually severely retarded

I don't know if it's a coincidence or actual foresight, but in any case it's extremely huge that PSD2 is happening in the same year when the Chainlink network is supposed to go live.
Like, almost to the point of being unbelievable.

I agree. But the bond payment PoC doesn't really rely on all this data becoming public does it? As far as I can tell there haven't been any real announcements or posts relating to Chainlink will capitalize on PSD2, though the implications are obvious. That's probably coming and it will definitely be huge once people realize what PSD2 will mean.

>But the bond payment PoC doesn't really rely on all this data becoming public does it?
Maybe not in this specific use case, but Swift is just a tiny part of what mainstream smart contracts could become.

PSD2 makes internal bank data available to pretty much any prospective node out there.
People like you and I will be able to make money selling the banks' data. For the purpose of mainstream smart contracts. This is insane.

I don't buy the OP but its often better to focus on doing one thing exceptionally well than a lot of things in a mediocre manner. Particularly when that one thing involves trillions of liquid capital.

Also, Swift's use case for Chainlink is pretty much pic related.

You have a bunch of different banks, an external party like S&P, and Swift all exchanging information through the common CL framework.
The way this would've worked without PSD2 is all of those parties would choose to open up their APIs and data feeds to the CL network.

With PSD2, the process would be the exact same, except there would be a lot more completely independent nodes to choose from for nearly every part of this flowchart.
This only enhances the decentralization, and thus the security, trustlessness, and overall health of the network.

youtube.com/watch?v=DrlL5v78FtA&t=169s

This video gave me the clearest picture of what exactly chainlink is replacing in this use of it. So they're ousting companies like DTCC, which Sergey says SWIFT banks currently pay around 10-20 million dollars a year for secure data.

That number kind of lets you do some figuring of what node operation is worth. If they cut that to 5 million, divided by say 1000 nodes at first that's $5k a year just for this one specific use. I wonder what companies like The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) are doing to say relevant, because obviously they won't go down without a fight.

And it looks like the CEO is worried lol. "DTCC CEO cautions on DLT hype"

finextra.com/newsarticle/31452/dtcc-ceo-cautions-on-dlt-hype

He just sounds so competent in this video, why the FUCK has there been radio silence on LINK since forever. He could talk up the price x10 if he just did weekly development videos or a blog or even tweeted ever so often, just fucking something please.

>He could talk up the price x10

Maybe, but that's not so healthy.

it's coming. people are rediscovering it and the vids will speak for themselves. For the first time since SIBOS link posts and threads on reddit popped up and didn't immediately get ignored or downvoted into oblivion.

You are not an investor. You are not anything special. You have contributed nothing to the development of ChainLink. Buying a funny internet token and hoping the price goes up does not make you an investor. You do not matter at all to the success of ChainLink, none of us do. Sergey already has partnerships, he already has industry recognition. Sergey very easily could have secured ALL of his funding from angel investors/firms or fintech and instead he CHOSE to do an ICO. Because that's the kind of guy Sergey is (he's a philosophy major for a reason), instead of only allowing insiders and big swinging company dicks to make money off of his product which IS NOT MARKETED TOWARDS THE AVERAGE PERSON, he chose to hold an ICO so the average person could get a piece of the pie. Now every entitled faggot here who buys LINK is upset that they didn't get an easy 10x in a month so they panic sell and fud. Sergey doesn't give a shit about some loser whining on Veeky Forums about his bags because he knows what he has, he knows the opportunity he is giving you, and he knows that if you sell and fail to make money off of LINK it is because of your own weak hands, and you will look back in regret when you see that all you had to do was wait a couple months. But you didn't because you're impatient and wanted Twitter updates and blog posts too much to see the bigger picture.