How would you do a campaign based on The Prisoner?

How would you do a campaign based on The Prisoner?

GURPS. It has a splat for it.

Using INFORMATION.

INFORMATION!

>
This is treason and malarky. It's PARANOIA, obviously.

Watching a that show as a kid was like being on drugs

>It's PARANOIA, obviously.

Paranoia rules with GURPS lore & fluff, user.

GURPS as a system may suck, but you can't beat it's splats. I routinely plunder them for all sorts of games and I've never run GURPS in 30+ years or roleplaying.

Part of the reason for that was that it was broadcast out of order.

The party would be the new number 2, researchers and goons. The mission would be to figure out how to get the information out of number 6 without permanently damaging him. If the plan fails the party members have a game of "Pin the blame on some other poor bastard" who is eaten by Rover. That player has to re-roll.

Was there ever an explanation given for what ever the fuck Rover was?

No. Yes. It was an enforcement robot. Actually a weather balloon because the show didn't have a budget for an actual robot mockup.

The lack of an explanaition how Rover worked made Rover all the scarier.

IIRC they built a robot, but it broke pretty quickly. So they had to improvise the weather balloon.

Paranoia played straight.

This.
Preferably with a very robust simulationist system (GURPS, Unisystem, BRP) so things FEEL like they actually have weight and rules to them... and then the GM can run roughshod over reality with drug induced fuckery and balloon robots.

Paranoia

GURPS Transhuman space. The Village is a...safe space for suspected terrorists, spies etc picked up by automated security protocols.

Change the GM each game.

>Who are you
>The new number 2

And get a guy to GM who the group has never seen before. That would be fantastic.

Okay but who's number one?

That would be telling.

D'oh

Was the remake any good?

Not in the slightest.

HA HA HA HA HA

You are, Number 6.

Surprise.

This. And it's shockingly well done. Even if you're gonna use a different system, I'd still use the book as a source.

That bad, was it?

I AM NOT A NUMBER
I AM A FREE MAN

Did they nuke someone in the last episode, because I recall a rocket launch.

So, if the Village is just a penal colony for old intelligence operatives who know too much, why wouldn't the government just execute them and be done with it? Why all the mindfucking and info pumping? What could the operatives possibly know that the government doesn't already?

If I remember right, the government thought that #6 had sold information to the Russians and wanted to know what information specifically, to whom specifically and an actual confession.

Potential usefulness in the future.

You forget - no one knows who the penal colony was run by either.

Is this show serious or comedy

The original? It was strange.

I wont ask if its good but is it worth watching?

It is definitely worth watching. It came from the time when British shows were actually thoughtful and Number Six makes Bond look like a piker.

Im gonna give it a go then. Thanks

Well, Bond is an assassin, #6 was an actual spy.