Maid the RPG

Anybody have any luck with playing this game? I've been wanting to for a while but I can't find a decent group for it.

>dm what they want for a while
>one day pull the bait and switch and pull maid out once everyone gets there
worked for me

I played it once, at one point someone summoned Shaquille O'Neal to fight a wolf. He was then beaten at basketball by a pixie.

Maids are for cute!

my mind says Victorian, but my dick says french

I've managed to run some one-shots and even some campaigns.
However, all my groups have been indecent.

>run vanilla game
>everything dissolves into endless ERP and infinite loop of Favor>Random Events>More Favor
>run grimdark teenaged-magical-guardians game
>more ERP
>All the ERP

At least everybody seemed to have lots of fun.

>not wanting a qt Chinese maid

>Choosing anything but Victorian/Classic.
It's like you don't like maids and only want cosplayers.

I mean, I can clean my own house, but I can't suck my own dick

I've played it a few times. I'd never stick with it for a campaign, but it's great for goofy one shots, and it takes zero prep on a GM's part.

It's not about finding the right group to play Maid, it's about tailoring your Maid game to the people with whom you're playing. As long as you don't go in expecting anything, it can conform pretty well to the players and what they put into it.

best maids coming through

Is there a place to find this free? Ive googled it but all i could find was a shitty pdf that was almost like a preview, and it was "westernized" at that

Da Archive is your friend

>emma
nice taste
I play a rogue trader-esque campaign where the master is a villain-in-training arms dealer and the maids are his hech-goons, then hijinks ensue. Pretty fun.

Me and my friends once tried playing but all got uncomfortable and stopped when one of us tried to seduce the GM and they both got way to into it. I think we went and played SR4e afterwards.

This is the one I have. It's pretty basic, so probably not the one you want, but here it is.

Classical uber alles. Japanese and oddly enough cyber aren't bad.

>12

>surprisingly unseen

kek

French or cyber. Stockings do things to me.

This... my god... i must do this now...

Get drunk and play with friends. Works errytime

French is best.

I played a one-shot once, as it was being advertised in the gamefinder thread.
It was a refreshing diversion from my usual GURPSing, and a nice roleplaying challenge because the dice-based chargen process produced a character I'd never make or play otherwise, and whom I was thus forced to adapt to somehow. Tomboy + Loli + Actually-a-Boy + Succubus with alcohol/drug problems; or in other words a double-reverse-trap shota incubus.

Also, at first the GM avoided random events, but when he did try them out in the second session, the world was enveloped in a nuclear holocaust. Then the third session took place in an underground bunker-shelter.

I probably couldn't stomach a full campaign of MAID, but as something to mix up your usual roleplaying habits, it's quite fun.

Maid is a great game for one-shots if you enjoy hijinks. the only issue is convincing players that the game isnt just fetish-bait

Oh hey I remember that game, I was a vampire as I recall

My group like to get drunk / high and have maI'd rpg one shots or short games every once and while, it's good for a laugh

Nope I was just albino and sneaky

I keep seeing Maid recommended as a simple rpg that can do just about anything. Is this true? Anyone use it to run a non-maid style game?

They would be retarded. As any decent+ game, it does some things, not others.

I've done the reverse. I'm running maid stuff in a non maid game, due to one of my players deciding to work as a maid for the local baron (whose a bit of a pervert and hires servants for their looks) as a way of getting involved with the goings on in the barony.

it's a simple "anything goes" RPG but that's to it's detriment because if you aren't maiding then you aren't playing Maid RPG. it's more about taking random bullshit and trying to string logic onto it than actually about running things you intend to run with it.