Describe a commonly used trope in a way that sounds original until you think about it

Describe a commonly used trope in a way that sounds original until you think about it.

I’l start.

A raiding warrior culture based on Sweden.

>A raiding warrior culture based on Sweden.
Antifa?

Antifa aren't "warriors". Leftism is anti warrior, it is anti valour, it is anti glorious death in battle. It celebrates all that is anti nature, "progress", cities, modernity, etc.

What is your 'civilization and progress' if its only outcome
is hysteria and downgoing?

What is 'government and law' if their ripened harvests are
men without sap?

What are 'religions and literatures' if their grandest
productions are hordes of faithful slaves?

What is 'evolution and culture' if their dead-sea-fruit is a
caitiff race, with rotteness in its bones.

Great and powerful governments, Commanding Peace,
come into existence only in ages of decadence; when nations are on
the downward grade. If the human animal lives a natural, cleanly
life, out on the plains and forests away, where oceans rollers crash
along the shore, or on the banks of the pouring rivers he requires no
police-force to 'protect' him — no usurious Jew to rob him of his
harvests — no tax-gathering legislators to vote away his property,
and no 'priests of the Idol' to 'save' his soul.

Ragnar plz go

solid thread idea, shame about the tho

thanks for ruining another thread /pol/

It was quick. I didn’t even have to post pictures of women or black people.

The natural world is a world of war; the natural man is a
warrior; the natural law is tooth and claw. All else is error. A
condition of combat everywhere exists. We are born into perpetual
conflict. It is our inheritance, even as it was the heritage of previous
generations. This 'condition of combat' may be disguised with the
holy phrases of St. Francis, or the soft deceitful doctrines of a
Kropotkin or Tolstoi, but it cannot be eventually evaded by any
human being or any tribe of human beings. It is there and it stays
there, and each man (whether he will or not) has to reckon with it.
It rules all things; it governs all things; it reigns over all things and
it decides all who imagine policemanized populations,
internationally regulated tranquillity, and State organized
industrialism so joyful, blessed and divine.

Behold the crucifix, what does it symbolize? Pallid
incompetence hanging on a tree.

Lo, I hear the fighters coming
Over hill and dale and plain.
With battle cry of ages
In a Rebel world again.

Who'd forge their swords to plow-shares.
Shall sweat in bitter yokes.
The free-born race and fearless
Must deal out battle strokes.

>Military glory--that attractive rainbow, that rises in showers of blood--that serpent's eye, that charms to destroy...

This earth is a vast whirl of warring atoms — a veritable
revolving cock-pit. Each molecule, each animal, fights for its life.
you must fight for yours, or surrender. Look well to it, therefore,
that your beaks and spurs, your fangs and claws are as sharp as
steel, and as effective as science can make them.

Though, the survival of the strongest is the logic of events,
yet personal cowardice is the great vice of our demoralized age.
Cowardice is corroding the brain and blood of our race, but men
have learnt to disguise this terrible infirmity, behind the canting
whine of 'humanity' and 'goodness.' Words flow instead of blood,
and terrible insults are exchanged, instead of terrible blows.

>Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived.
>I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

>If you kill your enemies they win.

Unironically this.

kys

shut up nerd

If you are railing against a system that preserves the tyranny of the weak, then they are not weak.

>Leftism is anti warrior
Is this why so many ultra lefty types are arsonists?

>It celebrates all that is anti nature, "progress", cities, modernity, etc.
Do you know what anarcho-primitivism is?

Looks like you think leftism is just love for the state of something

>Green strongmen with a pentient for bloodlust
>Immortal and wise beings that were the first concious creatures formed by the gods

nerd alert

Their enemies are whatever they need them to be to suit the moment.

Orcs and elves respectively.

t.civilised cuck
Anarcho primitivists are civilised. They reject violence, conquer, etc, even though many tribes accept and relish violence and warfare. Anarcho Primitivsts are civilised degenerates who would be killed by actual tribes for their cowardice.

>it's not Viking Sweden, it is 17th Century Sweden
>highly specialized, heavily drilled forces in the service of the state with an excellence of combined arms tactics
>controls most of the river traffic in quite a few separate areas
>tiny but skilled and advanced army, massive and powerful fleet

This could work

>a tribe called the Svergay
>well known for their somewhat feminine fashion taste
>they offer their women to the enemy to catch them off guard before attacking
>then absorb them into the tribe by forcing anal sex (Svergays are power bottoms) on the enemy

>Probably, no nation is rich enough to pay for both war and civilization. We must make our choice; we cannot have both.

>he says, posting on the Internet

Who invited /pol/?

>LARPing
>on Veeky Forums
The madman.

Seriously, why do people act as if they *actually* want to live in a time where the average life expectancy was 40?

I’d rather live in comfy Pax Romana, then you know THE DARK AGES.

A magical artefact that allows one to pass through walls at designated areas

Keys.

>why do people act as if they *actually* want to live in a time where the average life expectancy was 40?

Lets also not forget that from the low Middle Ages, to the Renaissance, Europe was the ass end of the world.

That was fast

I'll come back later when this thread has 200 replies

That is the fastest I've seen a thread ruined in a while.

It even passed the Fantasy WW1 thread.

What you expecting to do after 40 besides watch your body fall apart then die slowly from cancer or horrificaly from some form of heart/circulatory problems?

This I want to die quicker narrative seems to go against any fighting spirit previously preached.

t. mutt

Live to see my grandkids?
Eat Pizza?
Not be dead?

This is why /pol/ is a self-correcting problem.

Life expectancy of 40 doesn't men you only live to 40, that's just an average. An average which is heavily weighed down by high infant mortality. Plenty of people lived to old ages in ye olde tymes.

Yes. But are you comfortable taking those odds? Or having your kids take those odds?

>A raiding warrior culture based on Sweden.
You mean................................................................Vikings?

>Vikings
>called Danes or Norsemen instead at the time they were relevant
>Sweden

someone didn't understand the thread

To be fair, only like two posts have been relevant.

jrj

Romans had lower life expectancies than medieval europeans, you've fallen for the memes

To be fair the "Viking" that's ingrained in cultural memory for most are mainly Danes and some "Norweigans" as most Swedes went east

wut

>an order of warior priests claiming land for their god.

I get your point about vikings being danes not swedes, but most people forget that viking refers specifically to the raiders and pirates of the scandinavian people, vikings werent a culture, rather a social caste, or an occupation

Like said, you will live a bit longer than that just because infant mortality probably drags the average down. But even if it's only age 40, I'd prefer a life lived fast and hard over long and dull, like modern life. Ideally, I'd like to die around age 55. That's where most people start becoming nurglings. Disease, diabetes, cardiovascular problems, muscle problems, all sorts of other bodily problems are really all you have to look forward to beyond this point.

There is nothing more terrifying for me than becoming old and watching myself slowly die over years, possibly decades, and knowing that there is nothing I can do to stop it.

>wanting to live till you're a drain on the system for nearly 40 years and create the situation the boomers did for us

My problem with the boomers is poor economic possibilities, and that they refuse to acknowledge that the circumstances they grew up in arent the same circumstances we are in today. Not that they refuse to embrace geronticide.

>just walk in there and give death a firm handshake, son

>work with a boomer
>always bitching about how we kids have it easy
>bitching about how he has not had a raise in 10 years
>happily point out to him that he voted for the contract that cut the new guys pay in half, took away our pension and cut medical benifits in half so he and his ilk could get an extra $50 a month on their pension when they retire.
>he then bitches about how back in 1974 he hired in only making $7 an hour and how we should be damn happy to be hiring in at $18 because thats $11 an hour more then he got!
>point out how when you adjust for inflation that the $7 an hour he hired in at in 74 would be about the same as $35 an hour now
>give him a congrats on fucking himself in the ass so hard he effectivily makes less after 40 years of work then he did when he hired in.
>thank him again for fucking future generations in the ass so hard we will not be able to retire when we are 55 like him but will have to work to 65 if we are lucky and more likely till 70.

But hay if i keep working at the same place by the time i retire ill have a little pin with a piece of fake diamond in it that says "50 years of service"

I do find it interesting how they ignored Gen X which quietly in the background is probably the most dangerous one, and Gen Z's an unknown - though Gen Z's the generation that's descended from Gen X, and Millenials are from Boomers, so they learned in different ways with very different parental influences. Gen Z's parents and grandparents are the quietest and yet most rich generations. If GI, Boomers and Millenials have desires to change the world and talk about huge plans, Silent, X - and possibly Z - are very much about how they can take the system and use it to their own advantage rather than force it into what is expected of them.

Trips don't lie, gotta gas the boomers

>i want to live until i can retire and enjoy my next 20 years with all the money i have saved up.
>but reather then enjoy retirement i just want to die

Bitch please ill i can retire and dave up money. then when im a grandpa ill be taking my kids and grandkids to disney n shit.

>massive and powerful fleet
I mean for the Baltic. When they tried to make a ship comparable to colonial powers like England, France, and Spain the ship sank almost immediately after launch.

>Bitch please ill i can retire and dave up money. then when im a grandpa ill be taking my kids and grandkids to disney n shit.

If you can't even speak coherent English what makes you think you will be able to do that? Do you realize less and less people are able to retire as time goes on? You will probably end up working until you die or are incapacitated by bodily problems. If you're lucky you will have enough retirement money set aside to pay for all the health problems you will incur in old age.

>Paying for healthcare..I
What a shithole.

Completely agree. Like I said their economical idiots. Still, it’s not like killing them off would somehow magically fix the economy like the other guy suggests.

Pretty sure most people actually lives longer then that, it's just that infant mortality rates where so high they lowered the average.

>The feats and abilities of the Not!Vikings are vastly over-exaggerated. Beneath the legends about them, they're just average men from the north who use underhanded tactics to be more efficient pirates.

Hell the swedes werent even that big on the piracy thing, they were being the happy merchants as always. Apparently good mercenaries.

You and the BBEG have the same set of morals.

Fuck off.

Orks have strict meriocratic society which is based on their prowess in the fields of phyical solution finding.

Reality follows a language-based pattern of interaction between the physical and spiritual aspects making it up, allowing those with understanding of these patterns to effect large-scale changes quickly without direct physical interaction.

People in giant suits of armor armed with firearms

Fucking unions

I mean that was one time in the 1620s, they had another hundred years of empire thereafter. Sure they didn’t match the navies, but one early example isn’t really an argument

Infant mortality, my main man. In the medieval period, person could easily live to the age of 70 without it being anything out of the ordinary.
Also, the Dark Ages did not exist.

>pay for all the health
what kind of shithole do you live?

Also childbirth drug the average down a lot.
Remember kids. Just because a 12 year old girl CAN have a baby, doesn't necessarily mean she should.

The best part is your shitty screencap was without a doubt written up by a millennial.

Peoples tend to stay in their homelands, except in the most wealthy areas controlled by a cosmopolitan elite which are a clusterfuck of ethnic hostility and the ultimate source of everyone's problems.

>Muh you no good at English
>Paying for healthcare
'Murica : the post

> A raiding warrior culture based on Sweden.

You're talking about the Arabs, right?

Are you talking about heroes ?

Fuck off

A manly warrior culture comprised of homosexuals

Ancient Greece? They were not especially martial tho.

samurai

A nation of short, angry, stingy people so bitter about shit that happened literally centuries ago that they keep a gigantic book of butthurt.

>implying the gods didn't fuck up their first creations then gradually get more skilled
>implying giants and trolls weren't the first run
>then come the refined titans and ambitious hobgoblins
>then come the elves and orcs
>then come the humans and dwarves

Could be any east Asians desu

All European peoples East of Venice and Munich?

The Spartans sure were. But I don’t know if they had any special opinions on gay sex.

Perhaps the Romans?

Dwarves?

Bingo

Though I don’t recall Dwarves being particularly well known for their books.

>Industry themed race without labor standards enslaved by a higher power

I thought the issue was that doctors used to always rip the placenta out which caused loads of internal bleeding?

Spartans called Athenians "boy-lovers" as an insult. I think that gives at least some sort of a picture of their view on homosexuality.

Native Britons in 19th/early 20th century.