Magic items edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>Previously, on /5eg/:
What are your favorite magic items and why are 1dX damage and +1/2/3 bonuses boring?
Have you homebrewed any interesting magic items?

Other urls found in this thread:

arsludi.lamemage.com/index.php/78/grand-experiments-west-marches/
wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20010208b/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's a good reason for a Celestial Warlock 2/Abjuration Wizard X? With other patrons there's the obvious "Made deal, regret deal, try to protect yourself from reprisal." but that doesn't feel right for a Celestial patron.

Does Blood Hunter work out fine? Or is it simply a refluffed Ranger?

You've grown beyond delusional and think YOU'RE your patron's reincarnation awaiting awakening, so you'll do anything to protect your body

If its a chaotic celestial, you can do it. if its lawful, it wont work.

How to make EK tank stickier?

A jar of honey?

I gave my druid a cat statue that turns into a real cat for 1 hour. At the end of it, he rolls a d12. If he gets a 1, the statue crumbles and summons a Displacer Beast with intent to kill him.

>What are your favorite magic items
Players in my campaign will soon find the Staff of Volva. It has some magic powers, but it's most notable power is an ability to fall into a trance and communicate with other wielders of similiar magic items, spirits and demons. Think the Palantir.
The catch? It's a magical equivalent of Veeky Forums, and you're never actually sure if the person you're communicating with is a friendly wizard from across the globe, or a demon out to get your soul.

War caster + booming blade
Sentinel
PAM
Mage Slayer

"Keep on the Borderlands" is out relatively soon. Am I retarded for wanting to organize a weekly/bi-weekly drop-in game? My regular group plays once a month if I'm lucky, but I want to play more. I'm usually quite happy doing one-shots. I imagine I'd run the adventure and people sign up on Facebook. Every week the story progresses, and players can just jump in and out as they want. It's a beginner adventure (right?), so it'd give people a taste, and I figure I'd get regulars. Gotta wait and see how the 5e conversion turns out I guess. I realize I could also do LMoP, but I just finished that with my regular group.

Veeky Forums is just you and me. there is no one else

to add to consider inflicting prone somehow, with shield master or however you please

>Displacer Beast
We fought 5 of those fuckers in a tiny room once. It took forever to kill them and they didn't even pose an actual threat to us which made killing them even more frustrating.
The DM swore he'd improve his encounter design the moment the last one fell to the floor.

Post your characters name and people shall guess what class you are playing as

I. Just I.
This should be easy to guess.

Yeah, just me and me.

Firbolg.

1) Drell
2) Kazra St. Stein
3) Addis Brightwall

Munk

Melchor Kari

Rogue, cleric, fighter.

Hold on. If the person who wrote this person is me... Then who am I?

Its a lot different than a ranger. If you play one weapon you're effectively being a d8 class. If you do PAM or TWF you're gonna have wizard tier health.
It works fine, but there are some obvious design flaws (Diabolic Seed doesn't work due to you not getting any actual normal Warlock patron spells and the inability to use cantrips. Hope you like Witch Bolt.), and none of the archetypes really feel like they make much of their own nice. (Order of Ghostslayers you might as well be playing a Paladin, order of the furfags is a druid with less control, Mutant is just shuffling around your stats and minor buffs for minor debuffs, and Profane Soul basically exists for damage stacking Crimson Rite and Hex)
Ranger actually fills *More* niches.
Also two weapon fighting unless you know exactly what you're doing and are up for full on MMO rotations for common combat due to how much the class uses bonus actions.

three characters in the same campaign, made new ones as old ones died
Konstantin Opal
Stan Bull
Otto Mann

Me, obviously. Who else could me be?

Ged Barris

>Have you homebrewed any interesting magic items?
This one came about because nobody in our group had a means to pick locks besides smashing them, So I made the "Master Slobbertooth's vials"
A set of 3 small Vials in a leather pouch, each one has a different effect. One makes you saliva react powerfully with metal, melting it like it's been superheated. Another turns your spit into a makeshift solder gun, able to fuse metal objects together. The last makes your spittle into an extremely effective metal polish.

it was kind of fun, even if the third one doesn't have really any application

What are some fun ways to play a Wizard from the school of Transmutation?

DM here so I'll give you my players
>Olma
>Caelynn
>The Nameless One
>Wanheda

Hildegarde Hakonsdottir

Have you ever turned an NPC into a PC after the death of the original character?

Yes, sure did. A player took over a slave the party had.

Exactly how bad does the health sacrificing get?

Vinny 'The Wrench'
The Right & Honorable Reginald Geoffrey Jollybottom the Grey

Yes, I took over a party member's sister who had been communicating infrequently with sending. Worked great actually

You drop a hit dice size per weapon. That's really about it, if your DM gives short rests after each encounter. Otherwise the damage taken starts to really bite.

Cleric, Ranger, Rogue, Druid

>video game reference
>2 wacky spellings
>one good, simple name
I'm sorry.

See the 'West Marches' campaign concept. It's tailored for drop in style gaming.

arsludi.lamemage.com/index.php/78/grand-experiments-west-marches/

Roland of Estered

Who else enjoying a drink, listening to some comfy music and writing up a dungeon for players that excited to check it out?
its really one of the best feels there is

Karlapp.

Rogue, Fighter, Warlock, Druid

First two were randomly generated by orcpub, third one was "I forgot to give my character a name" so I ran with it, last one means something in some language.

Warlock?

Cleric
Barbarian
Ranger

Wizard

Fighter

Rogue
Bard

Nope to all 3. Paladin, Rogue, Bard.

Mechanic
Judge

Well that was easy

Remember to report the other thread.

>Rogue
>Bard
Half right. They're actually both rogues

Nice.

Jin.

Hint: For the sake of a joke, he frequently signs himself "Gin" though "Jin" is a correct spelling.

Does it break rules in any way or is the OP being faggot reason enough?

What's a good magic item for a PAM/GWM Hexblade Warlock?

How do you get good at naming characters, anyway? I see a lot of names like "Snargle the Snarled" or "Hibiscus Kettlewheel" and that seems pretty definitive.

It really depends on the kind of campaign you're running and the level of magic prevalent in the scenario. For example, a transmutation wizard would excel in campaigns that focus heavily on exploration, from skywriting to underwater breathing, but even then his focused abilities go by the wayside thanks to Potions of Water Breathing or Potions of Flight. Polymorphs and Magic Weapon also complements a low-magic setting where magical items aren't as prevalent and some encounters are more difficult, and a better Knock means one of your friends doesn't have to be a skillmonkey if they don't want to. The problem is that in most modules and most homebrews, it's all going to be high fantasy stuff where evocation and abjuration are much better options.

It seems pretty clear that he's trying to start shit with the picture and linking the wiki.

>Warlock?
close but no cigar, he is a wizard

Kalden

>imagination
>not giving a fuck if it sounds funny

And each time you do this, you lose a d4 greater of Max HP? And it's a Bonus Action?

Aren't the Blood Curses Bonus Actions as well?

wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20010208b/

i just reroll alot on a fantasy name generator until i see something i like and then maybe change a letter or two

My method seen in has carried me for years
step 1
find a city/country/something with a long name
step 2
try to find a name that sounds similiar to it's first half
step 3
bastardize the remaining half and make it your last name

Eremon

TG would be a million times better if anything anime was banned.

Ensur Koerwe
Alderth

Veeky Forums wouldn't exist without anime you fucking sperg.

Drunken monk

a magic glaive

Eldric Tremere
My monk party member is named Jin D. Fist so I'm guessing monk.

With what sort of abilities?

>calling it TG
>not Veeky Forums
get the fuck out

Fodmuc Moldmane
Burd Hiddenhand
Morph (hes a kenku)

Could steal from Souls games and make it a war banner on a polearm that does magic warbanner things for your allies

Lrxander "threefoot" Brand
Reginald Wattage
Aleila Catslove
Ping Toyota
Kahless Kurn

What's wrong Anonymous?

Nope.
Another hint: The idea that joke is about alcohol is correct, but the original "Jin" refers to the not-Asian word for "Sword".

friend read my green text from last thread and he said I was a bitch

>swamp
>new character "jackie chan" monk
>encounters froghemoth
>jackie chan jumps into the deep water and fights the froghemoth
>no one else goes in
>froghemoth eats jackie chan
>no one else goes in and waits for 2 rounds
>it begins to swim away
>no one is going to chase after it or threaten it
>jackie chan is digested

W
A N I M E
B
S
I
T
E

how do you even do GWM hexblade?

that's Lex*

Presumably by making your pact weapon into a weapon that qualifies for it

Hexblade with pact of the blade
Get a glaive
Hit people while in darkness bubble.

Hex Warrior applies to any weapon when you have Pact of the Blade, so you can use Greatswords from lvl 3 onwards with your Cha modifier

Druid
Rogue
Druid

>no anime on my anime Image board

Anime ruined Pathfinder, anime ruined your life.

Yes
No
Yes

Jack Marrow

by conjuring or bonding a heavy weapon? If you take Pact of the Blade, Hex Warrior applies to your pact weapon.

I'll have you know now that i found my wiafu I'm happier than i've ever been

I'm the campaign I'm doing home brewing a magic item nearly every session. It's fun.

Latest was a bourbon blade. It's a plus one sword that forces anyone cut by it to become intoxicated. If someone is killed by it, they turn into fine bourbon. I haven't told the player yet, but the sword has a small curse on it in that mishaps tend to happen as if the wielder is drunk.

So? Veeky Forums has grown beyond anime. Keep it to your containment board.

>Trying to make an interesting non-multiclassed Warlock
>Mechanically speaking, feel like I'm only ever going to be at like 70% of my potential at best

help, i've contracted the munchkin

Something with Gift of the Ever Living Ones (Which should really be Prerequisite- Undying imo) and face tanking via hp regen could be neat.

Stay mad user
Anime isn't leaving anytime soon

Karsippo Ferian

Rogue?

why can't we post images?

>3 different characters
Dartha Gao
Everick Walser
Pierre-Christophe Renaudin d'Anjou

Hiroshimoot is probably adding more malware to the ads

Combat is boring in 5e. Just give your self lots of at will abilities.