What can be found in this desert?

What can be found in this desert?

Sand

An angry, ravenous ghost king lives on the black stuff in a great castle and has slaves that mine crystallized hatred in great fissures.

Remnants of wars, trade routes, outposts. Maybe even a few settlements.

A tribe of litigious thri-kreen that scavenge the land for pre-cataclysm art objects and magical artifacts to bring back to their stronghold.

Whats the scale per hex?

a series of city states along that river who are raided by the desert nomads

A mummy that has gone insane because his empire is gone and he's all that left for miles around. He still pretends that he is sorrunded by courtiers.

>ctrl+f thri-kreen
I like you.

Dubs don't lie.

5 smaller hexes.

What program is this?

What program is this?

I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Hexographer

Most towns would be along the river, coastal cities, some outer villages in the wooded areas

Skeletons.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⡿⠟⠛⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠛⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠏⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⡁⠂⠄⠄⠄⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠄⡴⠭⠄⠄⠄⢁⠄⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠔⣒⡆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢻⣿⣿⣿⡿⡛⣉⠉⠉⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣒⡈⠅⠣⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⠡⠥⠕⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⣿⣿⣿⠨⠄⠒⡃⠉⠄⢊⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠉⠁⠈⠉⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠔⡂⠭⠈⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢻⣿⣿⣿⣉⣻⡘⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠄⢀⣿⣿⣿⢀⣉⠡⠡⠄⠄⠄⠊⣿⣿⣿⣿⡧⢔⣄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠭⠄⠩⢂⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⣿⣿⣿⠠⠖⢒⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠿⣿⣿⠡⠐⠒⠂⠄⠄⠄⠄⢘⣿⣿⣿⣏⢝⣂⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠸⣿⣿⣿
⡊⠅⡨⢳⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠟⣿⣿⣿⣋⠭⠄⣄⢀⠄⢀⠄⠠⠄⡄⣿⣿⠒⢊⠡⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠸⣿⣿⣿⣗⣒⣒⡆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠂⢻⣿⣿
⢴⠅⣑⣠⣷⡄⡊⠂⢄⣠⣿⣿⣿⠦⢊⠩⣾⡯⡂⣪⠘⣴⣾⣹⣿⣿⡁⠅⢔⠒⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣿⣿⣿⣷⣒⣒⡊⡀⠄⠄⠄⠰⢸⣿⣿
⠭⠰⠂⠸⣿⣽⣖⢠⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⠊⠏⠄⠹⡿⢿⢀⣍⡿⡟⢿⣿⣿⠒⢒⣀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣿⣿⣿⣗⣒⡒⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠠⠄⣿⣿
⠄⡀⠄⠄⠜⠫⠘⡈⠟⢹⣿⣿⣿⠉⢀⡀⠄⢉⠄⢸⡇⠁⠄⢸⣿⣿⢔⣦⠅⠂⠄⡆⠄⠄⠃⢿⣿⣿⡟⢒⣈⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠐⠄⣿⣿
⣄⠁⣄⠄⠄⡁⢠⠇⠄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣾⡜⣶⡰⠄⠄⠈⠄⣘⣶⣿⣿⣿⢠⢡⣯⡄⠄⠁⢠⠄⣠⣸⣿⣿⣧⣢⣲⠂⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠐⣸⣿
⣿⠂⢸⡇⠄⡀⠄⠄⣺⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢿⠇⡐⠊⢀⣠⡟⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄⠸⣿⣻⠌⠆⣰⢿⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⢈⣑⣦⠄⡀⢠⠤⠄⣵⣿⣿
⡿⡀⢀⢏⣤⣰⠈⢦⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢈⢡⠐⣦⣤⣧⣿⡟⣿⣿⣿⡄⢀⠙⠛⠘⣠⠛⣫⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠐⢻⣏⣧⢥⡌⣢⢺⣼⢹⣿
⡁⠑⣢⡑⠾⠋⠏⣵⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠒⡤⠄⡈⡌⠃⣹⢡⣿⣿⣿⡿⢘⠐⠄⢠⢿⠄⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡀⠄⠙⡿⠋⠄⠛⠫⣿⣆⢸
⠈⠓⣿⣷⡠⠄⢀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣏⠠⠿⠄⠐⠄⠄⠌⣸⣿⣿⣿⠁⡡⡀⠄⠈⡀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠄⠄⠄⢦⢿⡀⠄⣿⣿⢸
⢀⣀⣿⣿⣧⣤⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⠈⣥⣤⣈⡔⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄⣃⢇⢈⢆⠈⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢹⠠⠄⠄⠈⠈⣱⣾⣿⣇⠂
⡀⠹⣛⢻⡟⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠻⣕⣁⢈⡟⣿⣿⢧⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡘⠹⢁⣘⢩⠑⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡌⠄⢂⠂⠄⢨⣿⡿⠋⠠⢠
⠑⢊⠡⢢⠠⢀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠄⠁⠤⠄⣂⠌⠰⠿⣿⣿⣿⢿⠉⣤⠥⣎⡧⠊⣡⠜⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣮⡄⠘⡳⣶⢮⣯⣥⣴⣄⢸
⠧⢔⠄⠄⠌⠃⡀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣝⠄⠄⡋⠸⠠⡀⣿⣿⣏⢸⠐⣾⣤⣿⡥⠸⠃⠲⢻⣿⣿⡛⢿⠻⣧⠅⠑⠐⣽⣿⣿⣿⡯⡄
⠓⠤⣣⡀⢾⠘⡎⠄⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢼⡄⠞⠄⠄⡈⠐⢺⣿⣯⢸⢡⡉⠛⢿⣧⣃⡾⠙⠂⣿⣿⡆⢸⠒⡻⣆⣀⣠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿
⡦⣈⡀⣀⡠⢓⠁⠁⠄⠙⣿⣿⣿⡟⠛⢄⠋⠈⢀⣤⢩⢻⡌⣩⣿⢸⠄⠄⠢⠘⣿⣿⣤⣾⠊⣾⣿⡇⢸⣂⠈⠋⠌⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠡
⡇⠙⣯⣿⡗⠈⡘⡜⡀⠄⠘⣿⣿⣧⡤⠂⢆⡀⠂⢮⡀⣼⢹⣿⣿⢸⠆⠄⣀⠡⢸⣿⣿⣏⠑⢿⣿⡇⢸⠄⢀⠒⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⡇

A guild of sand mages who craft sculptures, artwork, and golems for wealthy aristocrats in the neighboring kingdoms

A sandstorm that hates.

Bees

Hexagons everywhere.

Ruins of fortresses built hexagonally, their bricks hexagonal, coins from a bygone era pressed into hexagonal discs of silver and gold, arrows with hexagonal bodkin tips. Quite frankly, it’s mildly unnerving how much about the desert is made of hexagons, even if vaguely.
just don’t look at the grains of sand, or else you’re bound to question everything and go insane

Shipwrecks.

A thriving underground community, living in massive geodesic domes and living off hydroponic agriculture, powered by magical lightstones.

underrated post.

Hates what?

It just...hates.

This, somewhere.

what if it is an ice desert? A yellow ice desert?

Patrician taste in memes right there.

>A tribe of litigious thri-kreen

Who do they usually sue?

Don't eat the ice.

Werecamels

What dark force drives you?

Bifurcated rivers, surrounded by precious arable land that gets flooded every year.

Ancient pools of god-blood, left untouched since the dawn of time.

Massive skeletons, bigger than any known creature, litter some of the furthest, least hospitable reaches of the desert. Nobody knows where they come from, and there aren't really any locals to ask about them - it's a goddamn desert - but they can be mined and carefully cut into powerful and rare materials.

The journey is fraught with danger, and the bone dunes aren't as lifeless as they might seem however.

So Gashadokuro?

Another, smaller desert.

A semi-nomadic arabic culture that has sex with goats and marries their first cousins, leading to low intelligence, a degenerative gene pool and birth defects. They are also unbeleivably violent for apparently no reason at all

Ancient mummified beasts that though long dead and completely dried out, Still roam the sands far from civilization

>What can be found in this desert?

Sand Ghosts

Impoverished nature spirits

Fire Elementals

Other fire creatures

Living illusions (Fata Morgana Elementals)

Sun Kings (A large desert butterfly/caterpillar that'll fly towards water if you give them gold - they drop the gold in the middle of lakes or oases)

Sand Shark

Hidden tomb

Hidden Tomb Two: Electric Boogaloo

Oil

Crazy Hassan's Caravanserai and Used Camel Sales

>Who do they usually sue?

Each other.

Spice
And worms
BIG worms

Hey look op didn't fuck up the rivers

My players have met Hassan three times now while shopping for land mounts over the years. Nobody has even bothered to listen to him past his initial pitch, they keep going for donkeys for some reason. I swear, Hassan’s got great camels, the players just don’t seem to want to take a chance with such an enthusiastic sales man.

Nothing can be found. Everything of value is

hexa-GONE.

The central mud flats were once a great lake with a bustling city on its shores. The ruins of the abandoned city are dominated by a gargantuan statue at the docks entrance. The statue rises above the broken masonry depicting of the citys faceless patron god sitting imperiously upon a throne with one foot resting upon the head of a man with arms raised in desperation. Centuries ago the mans head was held below the water level showing the nations domination of the surrounding lands.

Only the Faceless Priests wander the city's empty streets, their bells echoing through the hollow halls to placate the unquiet spirits of their dead Empire.

The mud flats are best avoided as they teem with huge carnivorous crustaceans that lurk below the surface of the sticky muck waiting, unseen, for wanderers and the horrifying ragworms that seek out warm flesh of to feast on and infest.

The Oasis of Creation. The trick is finding it though. One has to be in possession of something that was never created - so that the Oasis can create it when you get there.

>A tribe of litigious thri-kreen that scavenge the land for pre-cataclysm art objects and magical artifacts to bring back to their stronghold.
I like this.

I AIN'T FOUND SHIT!

that's called a tundra, well a yellow tundra.

mah nigga
always had a hard-on for deserts and desert themed characters, and then I discovered Dune.
I want to play a light armor nomad/dervish character slightly themed around Muad'Dib, including how name being Lisan, but I don't wanna be that guy

>Crazy Hassan's Caravanserai and Used Camel Sales

>Caravanserai

And people who use it, of course - caravans, bedouins, lost travellers, maybe a village around the serai.