Are there any good systems for modern settings that feature tactical choices and good firearm mechanics without getting...

Are there any good systems for modern settings that feature tactical choices and good firearm mechanics without getting too convoluted?

Twilight 2013, you don't have to play with "level 3" rules which includes shit like windage, the curvature of the earth that kind of shit when making a shot.

And don't say Shadowrun.

If you forget the too convoluted part.

I always wanted to play millennium's end

I want to upload the T2013 manual but its 22mb and the limit is 8. I've been in pdf threads before where you can just download them like an image, how do I upload it like one?

Savage Worlds is pretty good, it's based on miniature games.

That's just an uploaded PDF, larger ones require external hosting.

I found Savage Worlds really underwhelming.
It's way too barebones and bland.

GURPS is generally excellent for tactical Cold War era stuff.
It fails as a "universal" system, but for 19th-20th century "adventurism" it's pretty great. I've rand both a Jagged Alliance ripoff campaign and military campaign with it, everyone had fun.
Keep in mind it's going to be as deadly as Jagged Alliance, and about as convoluted unless you start cutting and editing content (something that unfortunately is required with most GURPS stuff).
At the very least you'd want how to cut down on the skills and talents list untill only the ones relevant to your campaign are left.

Unironically GURPS. GURPS isn't great at everything like a lot of its fanbase claims, but anything close to reality that involves a lot of fiddly bits it excels at.

If you want a game like JA2, with a huge variety of weapons, numerous options to choose from mid-combat, and all the tacticool you could ever want, then GURPS is legitimately your best bet

Ops and Tactics was built for this, it does look convoluted at first but that's mainly because every firearm ever alongside the ammunition for them has stats. The actual mechanics are pretty straight forward.

GURPS with the Tactical Warfare book.

>Ops & Tactics
Or try d20 Modern.

>I found Savage Worlds really underwhelming.
>It's way too barebones and bland.

Then you aren't looking for something simple, friend.

Against all common sense, I'm going to say this: if you want to go 100% tactical, you shouldn't settle for anything less than Phoenix Command.

So, I am the sole D20 modern fanboy in existence, and I am gonna tell you the game plays fucking GREAT until about level 9.

I highly recommend tweaking the HP gain in the game to make the players vulnerable to death and to keep random combats from taking a thousand years.

I never said I do.

Any other suggested house rules? Always wanted to run d20 modern.

You might find this useful. It's an index of all official d20 past/modern/future advanced classes, prestige classes and backgrounds- at least as far as I found.

Never did get around to running a d20 past game. Really think it could be a good alternative to 3.5 D&D.

The transparency overlays and target silhouette hit location system was so crazy it looped back around to being awesome.

ops and tactics
Shame I was planning to run a JA themed game but did something else. Still very possible but I most likely do it some time later

to the risk of sounding like a shill, have you tried Ops and Tactics?

Unironically GURPS

I really need to get my install of JA2/1.13/AIMNAS working again....

>Ops and Tactics
>based on D20 systems
Thanks, but no thanks.

Man, it's good to see someone mention it.

A really good update of the game, that sadly fell victim to a lukewarm reception and has been pretty much forgotten.

>Twilight 2013
>not Twilight 2000
So close, yet so far.

Check out "patrol a vietnam roleplaying game"

Hopefully you mean TW2K 2.2, because the first edition was, to put it succinctly, shit. I'm talking about two-shot (each shot 3 actual rounds) revolvers and 10-shot M16s and AKs.