Just a reminder that if you think games should be more complicated than flipping a coin to see if you succeed at ANY...

just a reminder that if you think games should be more complicated than flipping a coin to see if you succeed at ANY TASK AT ALL, you hate women

>tfw when loved magic since tempest block
>tfw quit around lorwyn because fucking broke
>tfw finally get a job that leaves me with enough money for one expensive hobby like magic
>tfw looking over the state of it for the last few years

You ever realise that the people who can't get accepted because of gatekeeping are the ones you put up the gate to keep out?
Looks like we need to add more razorwire.

I know it's intimidating to talk to girls, but once you get over your initial shyness, you'll find that most of them want to get laid just like you do.

Truth was told.

If I don't want to get laid?

You will be forced to

This SJW horseshit sure has payed off for Marvel keep it up Mearls.

But I just want to play RPGs.

>most of them want to get laid just like you do.
Yea, but not with me.

Truth.

I want a certain amount of player intellectual investment into the game. Lord knows I spend plenty of time prepping. Asking players to understand the basics and read a few pages of lore is now gate keeping!

My worse player was a Joes wife who refused to even read the 5E rules. And I quote: “I am very intelligent but these rules make no sense”

She couldn’t be bothered to know the modifiers for her attack rolls.

Recognizing that Mike Mears is a cunt doesn't make one a mysoginist

>just a reminder that if you think games should be more complicated than flipping a coin to see if you succeed at ANY TASK AT ALL

...but 5e is more complicated than that?

You are upset because you know he's right.

The sort of autists that can't just man up and tell someone "hey pal, I think you are too stupid to play with us" and instead play shitty, complex systems to drive off the "normies" also tend to loathe women and themselves.

Oh look, it's this thread again. Please fuck off.

Could you PLEASE shit on him for thins he REALLY said and not making fucking strawmans? I hate him as well, but i hate retards like OP little more.

Let the storygame scum have 5E who cares. I’m gonna keep on playing AD&D

They are just too shy because you are just too handsome sweetpee
love you
x

>hate women
>I'll set up the rules that you need to know the lore and rules to play with me
>because dumb bitches can't into lore and rules, somehow
>instead of just saying "no bitches, pls"

Truly Machiavellian.

>I like lore density
>Lore density is now seen as a vector of oppression

I don't like where this is going.

Nobody called you a misogynist. But really, the only way to overcome the hurdle is just to put yourself out there and talk to some women. Even if you keep getting shot down, the more interactions you have with them, the more comfortable you'll start to be around them.

Starting a thread with a twitter screencap should be a bannable offense.

Also, what do you care about this shmucks retarded opinions? He is entitled to his shitty ravings just like any other mongoloid with a twitter account. What's important is the actual rules, the contents of the books - If you like them, buy them. If you do not, don't. Make a fucking twitter account and tell him he's a bitch if you disagree with him, but what the fuck does any of this matter? If enough people think the books are worth their money, it'll float. If they don't, it'll sink, just like Marvel. Stop with this fucking eceleb bullshit and play some fucking games you autists.

Not him, Gran, but girls want to bang me but don't want to date me.

I fuckng loathe how identity politics has worked its way into my long time hobby of the last 30 years.

I will (and have) played with anyone who is willing to learn the game. That’s the only gate I keep. Know how to play or be willing to learn. Keep your gender identity, politics, sexual orientation out of the fucking game we play to escape the stresses of the real world.

>Starting a thread with a twitter screencap should be a bannable offense.

Remember when Veeky Forums was allowed to make fun nonstandard threads and didn't just regurgitate the same stale culture war bullshit every day?

Good times.

I mean, let me play my polyamorous cleric of [sex god] and we're cool.

Shit, I like storygames but I'll gladly play and understand AD&D if it means Dark Sun.

Thanks, Gran.

Of course Mearls would shill for most accessible version of DnD possible! More people playing the game, more bucks for them.

Its because you have such a big personality. You need someone who can challenge you. You are a good boy who is very smart.
There is someone out there that will make your heart soar.
x
xx

Your days are numbered cis Shit Lord! Down with the osr greybeard patriarchy! Gaymer Pride!

MAn, I love 5e ranged weapons. Especially how a bow gets to add dex mod to damage as a baseline. It makes perfect sense and it's such an obvious way to streamline the system.

We play Greyhawk. No such God exists. Keep magic realm fetishists out of rpgs.

I don't want to have sex with women who just want to get laid.

This so much

Also
>Starting a thread with a twitter screencap should be a bannable offense.
This, for the most part. Its always shitposting

>We play Greyhawk.
Are you me?

Genius minds discuss ideas.
Great minds discuss inventions.
Weak minds discuss people.

Way to completely fuck up the quote, dumbass.

If you're still playing D&D after the last 3 editions then you're fucked in the head anyway. RPGs have advanced so far since AD&D. Respect where it's due but D&D is a living relic. Let them have all the future editions, we've moved on to other, better games.

>Of course Mearls would shill for most accessible version of DnD possible! More people playing the game, more bucks for them.

That's assuming people who enjoy it now would want to play the dumbed down version.

Knowing Mearls, this literally just a way to get people off his back for making complete crap for UA and hardcoding his shitty waifu into the Hexblade. This is his defense so that when people call him bad at his job en masse, he can call them bigots and get half of them to shut up.
God he's such a fucking faggot.

Sorry Mike, too busy converting the Book of Erotic Fantasy to 5th edition.

‘Appearance’ as an extra stat that solely serves as a way for characters to pull off the ‘If you can’t be charismatic, at least you can be pretty’ method.

Do people actually use Difficulty Class tables? That’s downright hilarious. I’ve always just decided before my players roll what they need to roll to succeed or roll against them.

>hardcoding his shitty waifu into the Hexblade
...go on...

As long as your consistant and understand what the DC's are ment to be. That's fine.
Also knowing what the chances are of people succeeding is important too.
As you run more you just get the feeling right

Who's this retard and why should we care?

>You're all fired from D&D
I know you want to make women feel welcome, but really brah? You're 'firing' your customers?
How would you even do that?
>hardcoding his shitty waifu into the Hexblade
Raven Queen.

>if you believe in X then you also believe in Y and Y is bad so stop believing in X

whoa...so this is the power of millenials...

>this bait thread again

what the fuck?
watch this fucking leap guys.

Mike Mearls, lead designer of 5e and 4e, was also involved in 3.5.

sounds like the speech they gave to Gary Gigax when WoC stole DnD from him.

Link please

To be fair, he's not the only lead designer, Jeremy Crawford is still above him. Not to say Crawford is much better, but he is less of a "Girl Power Yay!" retard and more of a "My rules are perfect and you people know nothing of game design and I've never made a mistake in my life" retard.

Do they flip a coin to attempt sex or is it more complicated?

Crawford speaks from position of authority on twitter. Do you think he can reasonably admit he makes mistake? If he does, what then? Will people argue about where did he corrected who? While i think he might be more 'human' and less rules-lawyer-y, i can understand his position.

Also, Crawford is all about the DnD.
Merals is equally if not more vocal about his political views and is pretty obnoxious and rude about them if you happen not to share them.

What's this kind of virtue signalling, armchair activist behaviour called? Must be some kind of personality disorder. It's fucking awful meeting these types in person.

I mean it's better than Paizo's "If a fat neckbeard can't do it, neither can a level 14 fighter"

>What's this kind of virtue signalling, armchair activist behaviour called?
Irritating.
How hard is it to keep your fucking politics out of your games, Jesus fuck?

Their whole existence revolves around identity politics and social issues, and they feel if their not constantly referring to these ideas, then they've failed to uphold their core principles or some shit. I'm just talking out of my ass, but these people all carry some undetected mental illness (narcissistic spectrum?).

>women are too retarded to understand complex rules or settings with their tiny undeveloped brains
>I'm not a sexist though! YOU ARE!

Modern feminists, everyone. In my experience most women I've played with weren't huge minmaxers or anything but they always got the most invested into the setting and lore

>[implications]
That's not what he says though.

there is no link, is a joke.
it's just funny to me that Gygax was duped just like the playerbase is being now, like they don't care about DnD and it's culture and they are stealing all the work and "FIRING" us just like they stole all his work and fired him. Gygax would probably be called MRA neckbeard gatekeeper racist white man if he lived today