Do good MTG YouTubers exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/themagicmansam33
youtu.be/0VK9D1ti-Yg
youtu.be/Mwnefhzy6OY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

Gaby Spartz is painful to watch.
The entire CFB crew is medium, I guess. LSV is okay, but him ALWAYS playing Blue is annoying.
Seth "praaaabably better known as SaffronOlive" is a fine player, but his brews are almost always ass.
Frank Lepore is okay to watch if you enjoy watching people get super salty.
Melvin the Muppet is cute, but the novelty wears off quickly and I wish he was funnier.
If you like Commander, Jolt is at least enjoyable.
Tolarian Community College and Alpha Investments dont register an opinion from me.

LRR is funny sometimes but they don't hide that they are on wizards payroll
desolatormagic isn't shit if you like being angry all the time
So IMO max mofo Pokemon is the only good mtg youtuber

PleasantKenobi and Magic Aids are good if the style of humor fits you.

Magic Aids for gameplay
TCC if you're new is amazing
Alpha Investments is the greatest, rudy is a god amongst men.

I like game knights with Josh Lee kwai. And what was that one on geek and sundry with the celebrity guests?

Spellslingers. It Was pretty ok, Josh Barnett was my favorite guest

Desolator is fucking horrendous, he sucks at the game and gets unreasonably mad at bad cards

Strictly better mtg is da man. At least for the more laid back player

Sbmtg seems like a bro.
Wouldchillwith/10

Sure, Magic AIDS, Voidmage Gamer, Alpha Investments and Unsleeved Media/The Quartering are all human beings and tolerable to watch. SBMTG is a cuck but doesn't get political on the channel afaik. The rest of the bigger channels are neocommunist losers as far as I know.

Sup Jeremy how's that lawsuit against wizards going?

Sup assblasted neocommunist pedophile! It's going good, we've already won.

Game Knights is Spellslingers but with cards people actually play as opposed to the Garbo precons Sean kept insisting on fielding.

Interesting you say that considering you are still despised by the entire community and your mtgo account is still banned, but yeah go for it Jeremy.

RIP Travis Woo, there's nobody good or entertaining to watch left and all named channels here suck, but I still check sgc or channel fireball just for tournament matches sometimes.

>despised by the entire community
Nope, just assblasted neocommunist pedophiles like yourself, which always have been and always will be a retarded screeching vocal minority in any hobby you attempt to parasitize for political gain.

Thanks for all the free advertising though, pedshit!

I'm just this thread will end up just great.

What happened with my boi T-Woo? Did he stop posting videos after the whole thing where he got kicked off his team?

Are we supposed to be toxic and ironic here or are you asking for genuine recommendations?

TCC is good when the Prof is being grumpy and cynical, and his sketch comedy has improved to “rather tolerable” these days especially in light of the RIX spoiler he did.

Alpha Investments is beast. Watch it, watch often. He’s applying himself creatively, and you’re definitely applying yourself as well when you watch his vids on finance and how MtG is ran as a business.

LRR is fun especially when they’re off the rails doing something like Dollar Store Highlander. I believe they hold the award for having down on video “Best Game of Magic 2017” thanks to Wedge and fucking Shahrazard. Serge Yager is my husbando and Cameron Lauder is my spirit animal.

I have Gaby on my sub because she’s cute and that’s literally it. She’s competent and definitely is a cute power couple with LSV (probably just as both of them intended) but I like her better when she’s commenting on GPs.

Wedge is only good when there’s a preview card you like because his way of shilling is to spazz out over every card like it’s a blowjob from a model while having Five Guys. And also when he does Worst Cards ever.

Seth (probably better known as SaffronOlive) at mtggoldfish is a solid player punished by the Jank he plays (often to humorous and entertaining results) combined with some VERY painful RNG. I’ve gotten salty on his behalf over his bad draws MANY times.

CFB is there to let you live vicariously and watch Legacy and Modern plays that you can’t afford.

Kenji Eigashira over at Numot Gaming is fun when it’s Holiday Cube season.

Limited Resources is too dry for me.

Finally, I’m following this bloke Mark running a channel called Life Begins at 20 because I’m building and maintaining a Vintage and a Peasant Cube and he’s a pretty good resource.

RIP Paul Cheon’s channel. I’m glad he’s moved to greener pastures. He’s a sort of role model to me.

>neocommunist pedophile!

Sup /pol/

>Serge Yager is my husbando and Cameron Lauder is my spirit animal
We're not gay for this right?

Sup assblasted neocommunist pedophile

The only one I know
youtube.com/user/themagicmansam33

>All those buzzwords together at once.

>MTG
>Good
Your sentence doesn't make sense to me user, can you clarify?

It's great to watch your fluency in the English language slowly crumbling into buzzwords Jeremy, it may the first time in history a native speaker loses its ability to communicate like a human being WITHOUT suffering permanent brain damage. Or maybe you did suffer brain damage, it really is hard to tell by now.

The art and flavor content is great, even if you don't play
youtu.be/0VK9D1ti-Yg

>Top tier
MTGgoldfish, Magic Man Sam, TCC, TheCommandZone (when they are not shilling for Hasbro; the "game knights" with Rosewater was so painful), Rudy

>Bland but not bad tier
Channel Fireball, Limited Resources

>Bland and really bad tier
LRR (especially the "Friday Nights" series), The Amateuring

>Embarrassing tier
Unsleeved Media, DesolatorMagic, Wedge

>those 100% completely accurate descriptions are buzzwords because people keep using them to describe me every single day!!!!
kek

Magic Man Sam if you like video essays. MTGMuddstah if you like commander gameplay with no added bullshit.

You're implying that good art or flavor text makes the game good (and furthermore that there are no other games with good art and/or flavortext), while that's simply not true. MTG was good at one point, but it's aged to the point where there's very little they can do that's new. So I ask again...

>MTG
>Good
Please clarify.

IHateCardGames was good. I have no idea what happened to him tho

>everyone who doesn't like me is an evil SJW communist antifa pedophile!

Yeah, you are probably Jeremy.

There are two kinds of MTG youtube channel.

>Ones ran by Rudy
>And ones ran by some cringy fucktard(s) of some description

>everyone who notices how cucked I am and doesn't like neocommunist pedophile protecting youtube channels is probably muh eceleb boogeyman!
Hilarious levels of projection old chap but then again, you do always project!

That's not even /pol/, it's leddit baiting.
/pol/ would just call you a cuck faggot and continue sucking Hitler's limp dick.

>>Embarrassing tier
>Unsleeved Media, Wedge
It's funny how the absolute worst youtubers in every community always end up at each other's throat.

Dev from SBMTG is legitimately good. Good guy, good player, good content. Dev if you're reading this please keep doing what you're doing and don't take sides, get involved in drama or make me notice that I disagree with you politically. You need to be neutral ground so we can eventually heal the community from the clusterfuck of the least few months.

Tolarian Community College is also undeniably useful for new players if you can overlook his pandering, his initiation into the WotC Illuminati, and his occasionally acting like a jewish cliche straight out of Mein Kampf. He's controlled opposition when it comes to real issues but for a starting player he's a godsend.

Commander Vs is usually pretty fun and I never miss an episode, but their company have their own issues too.

Rudy probably works for Wizards too, but in a role of gatekeeper controlled opposition where he's going to tell you 90% truth to gain your trust to sneak in the one important fib or otherwise control conversation. Like TCC he's still worth a watch though, and is fairly enjoyable.

MTGpurple and Unsleeved Media are both worth keeping an eye on but more for reading the community than for specific content. I'd put them as counterweights to TCC and Channel Fireball.

WotC can't even afford to pay their employees competitive wages, if there's a company too miserly to pay for shills it's them.

>cube resource

you got me there

I love MagicAids because of the passion he puts in his builds and real salt. MtgGoldifishn with Seth better know as Saffron Olive because of the jank. I used to watch the Professor before all the drama that followed UnslevedMedia unleashed.
Rudy talks a bit to fast for me, a non native english speaker.
Das it for me, I can't speak for channel I don't watch or follow.

Go home Vincent no one likes your shitty channel

Seconding mtgaids

Really great content. Cool guy.

That and Rudy - Alpha
INVESTMENTS

I think this is the most correct post in here. TCC I still find more palatable than Unsleeved Media in terms of pure personality but in terms of who they are it's an almost perfect counterweight.

SBMTG is wonderful.

Jumbo Commander is fine

Nah man as long as you still crave the pussy it ain’t gay it’s bi at best; it ain’t gay if it’s bi, girls find bi sexy as it displays confidence.

He’s pretty cool and his slightly Northerner accent is easy on the ears.

No good Youtubers exist. Except Evershear and Colin Rudd.

Corbyn Hostler from TCGplayer is pretty good. Solid player and offers pretty good commentary while playing. Also, for the people saying Seth is a good player, NIGGER WHAT? He constantly misplays, ruins his multicolor land bases by forcing in tons of colorless lands, refuses to mulligan dead hands, and on several streams just completely misses the point of the deck he plays.

I'm not implying, you're assuming; different things.
You can enjoy the art and the flavor even if you dislike/don't care for the game.
And to clarify OP's. he's asking about good youtube channels about a game, not good games.

>Life begins at 20
Holy shit, thanks.

I enjoy the mana leek. He keeps trying new things to see if his viewers want something different, and his RIX prerelease video was good.

Mana leek is low quality shit with below average prerelease content, and an overall cunt to boot

>Do good...YouTubers exist
no

its because mild irritation and disdain aren't enough to get the views brah.
"this card is bad or meh" VS "OMG WHY HOW THIS IS SO BAD RAHHHHHAA! max passion"

Rudy is too tier but knows next to nothing about the game. He's still a good watch even if you don't give a shit about mtg finance just for quality of his videos

Top tier *

Saffron Olive couldn't read english if a loaded gun was drawn to his head. He BUTCHERS the most COMMON WORDS.

CalebD is probably my favourite member of CFB now that LSV's started uploading twitch recordings and TWoo's been kicked.

Rhystic Studies does awesome deep dives on artists, iconic cards, and other minutia.

Mtggoldfish for the jank and the banter during commander clash
Tcc is more than fine IMO, jumbo commander is okay too.

Rudy is a cunt.

>desolatormagic isn't shit if you like being angry all the time
Watching desolatormagic is like watching a train wreck. The entertainment comes from seeing just how wrong he can be when talking about things he knows nothing about (or at least pretends to know nothing about, I'm not convinced he isn't just fucking with the audience a lot of the time).

Every major MtG channel has been named so I'm just going to shill for Young Mage
His videos are objectively not good but still enjoyable because you can see he's having a good time doing them
Let's support the little guy!

>tfw he keeps calling kumena kumana

I pretty much only watch YellowHat streams

Forest bear studios is who i watch, they play mostly modern with the occasional splashes of legacy/vintage or pauper. they make misplays every now and then, and the one player often keeps embarrassingly terrible hands.

Yeah, and I think it's hilarious. Either he's retarded, which is funny, or he's doing it on purpose to entertain/irritate people, which is also funny.

LSV only

Seconding on Rhystic Studies.

>God Tier
Ironically watching Rudy

>Meh Tier
Everything else

>Shit Tier
Sincerely watching Rudy

>desolator magic isn’t shit

That is a factually incorrect statement. Desolator is an autist to end all autists. His channel and content are shit.

Numot/Kenji Egashira though he's more twitch than youtube.

Lots of praise for Rudy here. And deservingly so. But he is a content creator that needs to be watched with the appropriate care.

He's the guy who's going to tell you some things like they are with no fucks given, but if you drink he's koolaid too much, you will work against your best interests, because Rudy is absolutely willing to ruin this game to make a few bucks, as seen in the recent "let's make a modern reserved list" bullshit.

He's not your friend and does not have your best interests in mind. If you remember this at all times and react accordingly, he's great.

Tolarian: fine his humor has gotten to tolerable levels
Wedge: shill to end all shills decent content otherwise
Desolator/mtglion/unsleeved: cancer content cancer channels, cancer players. Autists to end all autists. Avoid at all costs.
Rudy: his content is a mixed bag as long as you know he’s willing to destroy magic to make a few bucks his content is fine
Manaleek: not much to say meh content
LSV: good enough, sometimes I think his evaluations are wrong (ex saying ascend is not something you’ll get often in draft)
Command zone: very mixed, often times you get people playing commander decks well (ie the Edgar Markov) other times they suck ass (ie azor the lawbringer)

Only one I've ever encountered. But it's kino

youtu.be/Mwnefhzy6OY

The constant pushing of their stupid mascot character makes them unwatchable for me. They're alright otherwise.

Alpha Investments
Unsleeved Media was good, but he, understandably, hasn't been recently

yea LRR are painfully into WOTC's backpocket but atleast their content is well produced, professional-ish and generally quite funny. Also their relatively big crew means you probably find atleast one of them funny. (i like Cam)

i think he even says it on a couple occasions that he's an asshole and probably a sociopath. like many people that are in the investment business and CEOs, really.

I'll have you know Mel played that Azor deck really well by wearing the tank top she did in that episode. God she was so hot in that.

Son, do you want your DCI number to get banned? Because this is how your DCI number gets banned.

Mtggoldfish is one of my favorites and it has top tier editing (relatively). They cut all the chaff in their videos, in the against the odds series they put 5 matches in under 40 minutes where most other players can only fit just one.

I would pump her full of so much cum that her asshole would look like a squashed jelly donut

100% agree with you on the terms of their editing quality. so, so many mtg youtube people make you slog through boring play, when it's obvious what happens and what the plays are. i can't stand watching 1hr~ videos of one match where some uncharismatic bore mumbles vocal fray into the microphone. i respect sam black as a deck builder and player, but he's one of the worst offenders.

saffron might be a little grating at times, but at least he doesn't put me to sleep. and it's interesting to see him try to make a good deck out of strong cards that haven't really been utilized before, braid of fire being one that comes to mind.

SaffronOlive is a meh player (makes a lot of basic mistakes, keeps terrible hands, deckbuilding skills aren't incredible) but he is enthusiastic, experimental, actually into what he's doing, and has very well constructed videos. He is *watchable* in a way that technically better players aren't and that's the secret to his success.

The command cast is the cringiest shit to watch with their intro singing and lame ass sense of humor.

Gaby Spartz is meh

LSV is a cuck that thinks he knows what the fuck hes talking about but has been proven wrong multiple times.

Masters of modern with kessler is shit because kessler is egotistical and it oozes through the screen especially as he down talks ben. They also have shit opinions on speculations and shit humor.

Theprofessor only has sleeve and deck boxes going for him all the other content he makes is meh.

The manasource is cringe heaven and wedge is unbearable.

Alpha investments is a con that tries at any opportunity to incite panic and confusion in order to buy peoples collections.

Desolater is boring af as he talks over gameplay of random games and the shit he says has low to no value in terms of both entertainment and importance.

Magic AIDS is solid as fuck. He simply posts gameplay and talks about his brews quickly and efficiently

Pleasant kenobi is like magic aids quick and efficient videos no filler no bullshit good humor no cringe. Solid af.

Unsleeved media is meh as well. I agree with alot of the shit he says in terms of the SJWs etc etc. but mother fucker cant just give it a rest. props for what hes done versus pedos however. That shit doesnt fly with me so i support that cause.

The route to go is pod casts.

MTG pro tutor is good. The host is laid back kind and not over bearing in any way.

MTG Goldfish is also decent they are laid back not cringy and realistic when it comes to social views of the game etc etc.

MTG fast finance is another good one with no bullshit or

Strictly better mtg is ok solid B

badboy mtg is ok though im not really a fan of his shit.

mtggoldfish is fine with saffron but i fucking hate how he talks every intro
"...PrAHHHHHHbably better known as SAffron AHHlive" jesus fuck kill me.

Magic the Gathering Headquarters, obviously. He was so good at Youtubing that Wizards banned him for it. ;)

I like John well enough although he tends to get hung up on shit that just needs to be let go. A little salt is fine, but his pissing about HoD got pretty monotonous.