/swg/ True best freighter edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada full wave 7 unboxing/spoilers:
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267745-chimaera-unboxing/
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267760-profundity-unboxing/
Admiral Raddus guest article by a playtester:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/17/hes-going-to-fight/

Legion AT-ST preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/
Legion T-47 Airspeeder preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/15/scramble-airspeeders/

What ship does your party use?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MZ-8_Mobile_Pulse_Cannon
docs.google.com/document/d/19mQgQSDy4JCIS404JZJN8QX78d0RtA3KsV4uNMenmNc/edit?usp=sharing
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canderous-class_assault_tank
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this a tank destroyer or something?

That looks like it's from halo or alien

My party is in a pair of Z-95's and a YT-Unidentifiable- They are looking to upgrade, what is a good ship that can hold cargo, fight, go fast, and can work with 1 pilot/1 copilot?

Future GM here, no ship for me of course, but I plan on trying to push my players towards the YT-2000 since it fits close to the 130k recommended starting cost, and I love it.

They have final say, but I'm going to give my freighterfu a bit of a push.

It's apparently a Zann consortium tank:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MZ-8_Mobile_Pulse_Cannon

Reverse stabilizers

Magnetize, magnetize

Fire the emergency booster engines!

now I think I just have to go back and name stuff, then maybe color/pretty it up a little

We're leveling out sir

>mfw we never saw this beauty in TCW

Why even live.

Are there any good resources on jargon for everyday objects in Star Wars? Also, how does a detective story about an ISB agent trying to find the missing ore and fuel is set in a bunch of mining and refinery colonies around not!Jupiter sound.

t. aspiring writefag

Wookieepedia searches for individual things are probably the closest thing you're going to get.

For example, what would be the term for a tablet computer, if those things even really exist in Star Wars?

Who knows, it might wary from planet to planet (and company to compana), but datapad could be a common word

I have memories of using the term "dataslate" to basically mean tablet computers.

Datapad

Dataslate is 40k, datapad is Star Wars.

As someone who's never played a game of 40k in my life, I'm now puzzled as to how the hell I picked that up.
Thanks for correcting me though.

You browse Veeky Forums so there's a good chance you saw the word in a post and your brain picked it up without you realizing it

>read all three FFG star wars rulebooks cover to cover
>read almost every sourcebook
>made like 5 diverse characters to practice making characters
>ran through some combat and stuff to make sure I "get" the dice system
>tfw no group so can't actually play

Give me your character concepts and I might ask you to join our online group. We need a replacement.

Anyone have any good ideas for one on one EotE/AoR/FaD campaigns?

Master/Padawan Jedi campaign could be fun. Maybe set post-RotJ at Luke's Jedi Academy, searching for clues on lost Jedi worlds and the lore they may have, or aiding a backwater world plagued by pirates or Imperial extremists.

I ran the beginner's set adventure, but I changed the Krayt Fang into a YT-1000 with some upgrades.

I've been searching in vain for an online group to join user.

Very experienced in playing and GMing the system and I can roll with whatever needed to round out the party.

It's more like a self-propelled artillery cannon in the game, but the design definitely looks like it's based on a WWII tank destroyer.

Post your Star Wars character's backstory!

>Corellian swoop racer turned fighter pilot who wants to show the Empire what ace really means

Here's my character

Please r8, but don't h8
>docs.google.com/document/d/19mQgQSDy4JCIS404JZJN8QX78d0RtA3KsV4uNMenmNc/edit?usp=sharing

Totally going to steal this for a planned campaign. It's good work user.

Why is attack timing in X-Wing such a huge crock-up?

It's not like that in Armada. Is it just a "they applied lessons learned" to Armada thing?

>docs.google.com/document/d/19mQgQSDy4JCIS404JZJN8QX78d0RtA3KsV4uNMenmNc/edit?usp=sharing
He's great user. Neimoidians are badly underrated.

What would be good stats for a one off predator crossover (inspired by the fact disney now owns that too)

Probably? They also managed to clean it up with that last Errata though.

Probably literally that. It helps that they started the game with active defense effects, active attacking effects and the dice rolling itself and needed to figure out how to apply all that.

Thanks user

np, thanks

Any advice would be appreciated. I rolled the "Witness Protection" background from the EotE rule book for context, so rolled with it.

Went to school for medicine as a young adult on her home planet of Corellia. Spent the next few years operating a small clinic, working at-cost as a physician and surgeon in impoverished areas. She was content doing this, until one night a patient with a blaster wound showed up on her doorstep. Not too unusual, so she treated him normally. When he awoke, he was fervent and insisted time was short and to bring him to CorSec because he had evidence against a crime boss. The blaster wound was an attempt on his life. Seeing an opportunity to potentially help people more than one patient at a time at her clinic, by helping stop a violent crime boss, she got involved. A couple months and a hefty investigation and court proceeding later, it turns out the local petty crime boss actually answered to the Black Sun, and things were much deeper than anyone guessed. As a result of the Black Sun's policy regarding snitches, as well as their considerable ability to enforce such policy, she finds herself relocated to [planet] for her safety as part of CorSec's witness protection program.

It's not all bad though. The relocation gave her a chance to apply her trade to groups of people in even more dire need than her relatively well-off homeworld. She was by no means the best or the only doctor on a major world like Corellia, but in the outer rim worlds, people actually are sometimes without a skilled doctor. She's done as much good in the couple of years since her relocation than the several years back home.

She's found a home with her adoptive homeworld, where her work is appreciated.

She has never quite gotten over the feeling of running away from something, and sometimes she still feels uneasy, as if something is chasing her. But she has no reason to fear Black Sun way out here. At least that's what she's been told.

Did that thing pop up anywhere except Battlefront?

X-Wing has been very learn as they go. Armada is also a smaller game with fewer releases so there's less mess to be made.

The Clone Wars PS2 game from 2002.

Excellent work, user.

>what is a good ship that can hold cargo, fight, go fast, and can work with 1 pilot/1 copilot?
How much cargo? That description could fit any light freighter in the SW universe.
Or maybe something like the Phantom from Rebels.

Commander as well.

That's the 2-M repulsorlift tank I think, the Imperial successor. That one also turned up in Empire at War.

For those of you who are picking up Legions, what are you planning to build for lists? We won't have very diverse units or options starting out, and we may only see slight variations between lists until we get more varied expansions.

I'm planning on fitting in:
Vader with reflexes, meditation, saber throw
Veers with esteemed leader
3/4x stormtroopers with extra bodies, dlt-19 guns and scopes to run with veers and his free tokens
2 snow troopers with extra bodies, scopes, and either ion/flamer depending on points costs, both walking with vader
1/2 units of bikes with comms jammers

Do you guys think targeting scopes will be used on storm troopers at all? It allows them to reroll up to 4 dice when they fire, but will it be worth it on either them or the snow troopers for the cost?

I figured it was to allow rebels to increase their cost up to and efficiency past storm troopers but I suppose throwing them on storm troopers for precise 2 isn't all that bad. And snow troopers are still throwing white dice without precise.

Being able to fit as much shit as possible. Their current MO is trying to steal from pirates.

And really, I'm just looking for light freighters or the like that work well in a combined hauler/fighter role- Whatever random suggestions you have found that might be cool.

Is this a copypasta or are you just determined to ask this a lot? I've seen this like 3 times in the past 24 hours.

I think Scopes is a solid intent for Stormies. They have Precise 1, they go to Precise 2, this means if they aim they can basically reroll all their native dice, and if you use heavier stuff they can reroll the important dice. Given how they have the least accurate die by default I think this is part of their strats.

Have you considered grenades also, now that we know what Impact and Concs do?

Copied my post from the last dying thread, sorry.

I haven't thought much about the grenades, possibly on snow troopers since they will be moving up the field.

With range 4 I can sit back and plink off models, and storm troopers get scary when they hunker down in cover with aim tokens.

Sitting in cover with veers nearby they can dodge, aim, and shoot each turn with excellent efficiency.

Can each model in a unit throw a grenade or is it once per unit?

Kylo Ren is Rey's father, confirmed.

Is it too late to start talking about Wave VIII for Armada? I started headcanon'ing cards the other night and I can't come up with much redeeming material for it.

Captain Canady seems to be the only competent commander in TLJ.

Shit I had never seen this.
I always automated land battles, only played space.

The Consortium were the only faction for whom ground battles weren't a godawful slog. Mostly because all their shit was murderously OP.

So I was told that after the colocoid creation nest fell apart droidekas became valued commodities by pretty much every faction, how did imperals justify this acquisition when they had a ban on combat droids? I know the K2 line had the thread bear loophole of being "security droids" instead of combat

That one that looks like a big and has a detachable cockpit

Because being the legitimate galactic government lets you do something the criminals, by definition, cannot?

>all combat droids are illegal, except ours, no cheating!

Has anyone started colicoids as playable for the ffg star wars?

I just got the X-Wing core set and a B-Wing. I have a TIE I'd been using for a desk ornament also.

I tried to make a list for both that would complement each other for a balanced game I can play with some friends until I can fill out my ranks. Let me know what you think.

Imps:
3 TIEs
Howlrunner (PS8, cost 18)
Mauler Mithel (PS7, cost 17)
Dark Curse (PS6, cost 16)

Marksmanship (c3)
2 Determination (c2)
one Swarm Tactics (c2)

Altogether 58

Rebs:

Ibtisam in the B-Wing, PS6, c28
Biggs Darklighter in the X-Wing, PS5, c25

1 Proton Torpedoes, c4
1 Fire Control System, c2

Total 59

My fear is that one side is gonna smash the shit out of the other, but I also want some mods for each side to play with too.

Sounds like something the Empire would do

Actually, sounds like something every sovereign state that ever existed does and basis its whole existence upon

Idea for a particularly homebrew set of villains in a SW campaign:
Basically, pic related. You have a group of people in the galaxy who go around and find force sensitives to sever them from the force in an attempt to even the playing field for the galaxy - I know there's some Legends fluff somewhere about the ability to sever someone from the force being a thing.
Motivation is a little undecided as of yet, the core principle would be trying to even the playing field against the super special Jedi/Sith/etc running around. The specifics would depend on the era; I can realistically see either during or post the Reign of the Empire, and possibly at some point in the huge span of time pre-TPM, but I don't know much about that time period. Could even have them work like the Inquisition, except instead of killing you they just want to sever your connection then let you go about your life.
Even as just a little cult the players have to deal with, I think they'd make for some kinda fun enemies.

I dunno, just a half baked idea I had; probably dumb, so feel free to smack it down. Thoughts?

Have any of your characters every "accidentally recruited" an enemy to their side?

They also have a neat repulsor tank that is Mandalorian built and has quite the arsenal.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canderous-class_assault_tank

*ever

How long before Krennic, Death Troopers, Beach Troopers and the Tank troopers come for Legion?

Have any of you used the Zann Consortium in one of your campaigns?

I'm thinking about using them as one of the antagonistic factions in the sector I'm developing.

That is exactly what every government does. Go try and collect taxes from your neighbor and see how far you get.

Too long.

As often as I can get away with it. They show up every now and then in our EotE games as pirates and thugs whenever I'm bored of using Black Sun. So far the most dangerous Consortium enemies I've thrown at the party have been Defilers, but eventually I'd love to have them stumble upon a nightsister coven or something.

ewok

suicide

bombs

do it

DO IT

EXPLODE THEIR SHIT IN A CLOUD OF YUB YUB

I see you are a man of culture as well

They also improved on the Droideka and make some use of the AT-DP.

One of the things I liked about Black Sun and the Zann Consortium.

They make some neat stuff.

The sector I'm developing is a region that's basically been ignored by the galactic powers since the Empire fractured, and as a result, has been under frequent threat by pirates. Black Sun being the most obvious choice, but it seems like it makes sense for the Zann Consortium as well. Especially since they have access to much bigger hardware, so they'd be a good high-scale threat for my players, if needed.

I was thinking it'd even be fun if encounters with the Zann Consortium could leave some breadcrumbs directing players to Silri and whatever she's been doing since finding the ancient Sith tomb.

I always thought the consortium was stupid and black sun/hutts/a general scum faction would have been more fitting.
Man that image is so 2007

It was in the clone wars tv shows.

Are Droidekas vulnerable to Force push/pull attacks while they have their shields deployed?

I'm actually looking at doing a campaign pretty soon but in saga (but that's irrelevant).

Is there anything good for creating deckplans for pic related? I just can't find enough on the ships I want to include. I guess I could do it in like dungeonographer or some shit but i'd like to see if there is something better out there

B-but the first post said it never turned up there

>for pic related
*like pic related.

According to the Wiki:

Star Wars: Battlefront
Boba Fett: Crossfire (First appearance)
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars: The Clone Wars game
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
TCWA Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Galactic Forces"
TCWA Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Housing furniture"
Star Wars: Republic: Siege of Saleucami
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron

2d or 3d?

I seriously hope they avoid putting any shit from the sequels into Armada, or at the very least hope they go the full length wait till the setting is fleshed out enough to make both the Resistance/Nu Republic and First Order full factions.

Personally I'm hoping FFG will start adding Clone Wars factions next. That should hopefully give FFG enough new ships and characters, as well as more cards for existing slots, to continue releasing expansions without collapsing under the weight of it's own rules like X-Wing is doing.

Ironically the force is needed to sever one from the force

If you can get a good illustration of the ship, hollow it out in photoshop and just fill up the insides with various odds and sods.
Also have some old pics I'll upload for generic bits

Its also traditional in SW deckplans to have no toilet amenities of any sort

the fuck is this

Right now I have them in my current age of rebellion game

I swear to fuck if this is one of my players trying to trick me

what are you wanting to include, I'm surprised you can't find many, most star wars ships have deck plans available

but is also right, you can get a top down and a side view then you're set on drawing it yourself, or if you're really good you could hand draw it like this dude is doing

have a yacht for your troubles though, star wars needs more luxury craft.

forgot the yacht

Anyone want a crazy list of things my player has done at the table?

Both of these lists are really bad, so they should be fair-ish.

For full games, squads are 100 points- What ships look cool to you? Any interesting pilots? Things that you want to fly?

I can help you make a good list/purchase plan if you want.

I'm down for it, feels like a kinda slow day, wait for a few other confirmations though.

aye

Nova Courier. Buy some upgrades and they'll go plenty fast, and they've got 2 missile tubes and 2 turreted lasers by default. We replaced the latter with a couple of quad cannons.

Its cargo payload is pretty light, though.

What should I definitely include in a game set on Alderaan?