Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2012: I have no idea what I'm doing

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.etherealspheres.com/eBooks/DnD_3.5/core/D&D 3.5 Deities And Demigods.pdf
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/great-old-ones/great-old-one-cthulhu/
thealexandrian.net/wordpress/587/roleplaying-games/dd-calibrating-your-expectations-2
youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where can I get a beautifying aura? i.e. an aura that makes things more beautiful in an area around me.

>not "Mayan Fake-Out Edition"
5/10, you tried and got everything else right.

Noblesse, Dead or Alive, and Tenchi have them I believe. Also Civilization.

How would the Black Barrel fare against Beasts for the FGO Grand Day Out scenario?

I usually just make /cyoag/ threads and suddenly I'm told I have to make a new "Jumpchain thread" because old one archived, gimme a break, I don't even know what this thread is for.

Jumpers, in the theme of thread 2012, tell me about the various apocalypses you have born witness to, or even caused!
Harder mode: not one of the already apocalyptic settings like fallout

This doesn't include shapeshifting into a planet and eating other planets, right? Nor converting the known universe into paperclips?

Well, that's a thing then. I'll look into it, though I was already planning on something similar. Free fairy companion/follower to those who want it that could basically be made the way people want. Maybe I can expand on that.

Most people stop after Legend Mode (Story Mode), this guy has Adventure Mode (challenges, additional content) and some DLC content (more characters and missions) to go along with it though. I could technically stop watching now since the story is out of the way, but some characters are only unlocked or released later on, so I've been continuing.

Still need two perks to get done with stage 1 of the perk section anyways, and a whole lot of Force of Darkness items, so I'm not in a rush anyways.

That's right. I mean apocalypses the hard way round. No easy 'destroying the world'

Turns out- civilizations cannot handle having a dozen different large-scale magic systems introduced to them without oversight overnight, especially when each magic system comes with about 3-dozen random people who've randomly been granted full knowledge of the system.

... I wish I could find my notes on how I pulled that off.

Almost destroyed the world by seducing Amaterasu in Fate.

So it turns out Terranigma has a Dark Souls thing where tine is convoluted, and towns from the medieval era will just be chilling out near future cities and villages. I'm slightly disappointed this means I can't make it a multi-part jump this way now, but hey.

I'll be working on it and Chrono Cross in earnest later this week. Anyone have suggestions or things they want to see?

Are we talking "literal" apocalypse, or "metaphorical" apocalypse.

Because a metaphorical one's coming up soon in this chain, followed shortly by a literal one at the end of this arc.

Three words: Madness of Knowledge. Turns out, having everyone in the entire world learn secrets they were not meant to learn drives them all insane and has them building things that were not meant to be, ultimately culminating in the world coming to a screeching end. Also, there are all the worlds I absorbed into my own with Infectious Otherworld, unleashing plagues and monsters and natural disasters beforehand to make it easier to consume them.

In Kubera, can gods grant others the ability to visit their afterlife?

Snake, Master Chief, and Samus. Are there anymore no nonsense silent types who would make good companions?

About as well as it did against the TYPEs.

>Main Chain
I'm pretty sure reality attempting to unravel around me into pure Nightmares and my ragtag little group, plus a shapeshifting vampire badass, are the only ones that can stop it from happening. So I'm basically witnessing an apocalypse try to happen RIGHT NOW! By the Nine this world just gets weirder and weirder.

Now, if you'll excuse me, one of the boss monsters holding a key to stopping this whole affair just showed up. I'm going to be a little busy.
>Picture very much related.

>Indulgence Chain
I slaughtered the entire Twinkie population of the local convenience store day two of my latest Jump. Because I remembered we were back in the modern day and I could actually have all of my favorite treats again. I made myself violently ill in the process. But it was worth it.

I think that counts.

I demand details. Because this sounds like something my Indungence Chain might end up doing.

Not very well against Goetia, because you do need to get somewhat close to fire it and he can core the planet from beyond time and space.

Tiamat would probably be the most vulnerable because she's the easiest to hit, but there's no telling how her Independant Manifest, Nega Genesis and her conceptual basis of all life status compares to TYPE-level immortality. Going by the fact Brunestud was taken down by excessive use of the 2nd and Tiamat was dogpiled by Divine Spirits, what was basically a clone of Enkidu, a potential Grand's sacrifice, Merlin and Gil getting serious I'd say keep pulling the trigger and hope for the best. She IS really old for a Beast after all, so that alone probably makes her among the most vulnerable.

Kiara's thot powers can warp space and time; the Beast version of Heaven's Hole is a literal plane of existence beyond even a single universe. The Alter Egos used a space-time warping attack to land hits on her, so she'll probably be trouble.

We still don't know shit about Primate Murder's absolute human killing powers, other than he apparently becomes REALLY STRONG AND FAST by feeding on envy.

And we know nothing about Manaka and Beast 666's completed Beast mode. Per Prototype, 666 CAN do grail mud-style attacks and unleash corrupted Servants sacrificed to his Grail like the living curse Angra Mainyu-who I've also been told is depicted by UBW as a potential Beast (something about being subtitled as an evil of humanity), but I can't confirm that. The problem is you'll be fighting the fully grown Dragon of Revelation, not the angry mud thing that ran to another universe when Arthur blasted him with less than half of his Excalibur's power.

Okay take two! A few questions, but it seems well accepted so far. So unless something comes up I'll put it on the drive after combing it for any typos I my have missed.

Change Log
>Assorted grammar fixes
>Changed the wording on Hybrid's species choices, rather than just mentioning Armor Digimon.

Doomguy.

DOOM GUY and DOOM SLAYER.

>Samus.
THE BABY

I wouldn't call the guy who fist bumps a toy "no nonsense"

Manyfist, is there a reason why the Orphan origin in Fable doesn't have a 100cp perk?

For "Your Best Friend" it mentions if we are a human or digimon but not anything about Hybrids, is that intentional?

I mean literal, the end of civilization kind of thing.

Hey both ersions of Genius: the Transgression on the drive are the same,can someone post the new version with the factory and the gun?

Yes actually. Hybrid's don't get a Partner, as they are their own Partner.

Doom Marine leaps to mind, but-

>user doesn't fist bump tiny versions of himself when he happens to find them.
MEDIOCRE!

Seriously though, I think those are the top four best contenders. But, Isaac from Dead Space would be a great addition if you could fix his brain problems a little. There's also Subject Delta from Bioshock 2. There's also Judge Dredd if you can handle his "I AM THE LAW!". You might like certain version of Mega Man too.

Would it be safe to say that the black barrel, the grand servant abilities you get and all the servants you pick up from the other scenarios would be enough to survive? I'm trying to see how early in the chain I can pick up all those scenario servants. Especially shishou.

Hey, I love Doom Guy. I just wouldn't call him "No nonsense"

>I demand details. Because this sounds like something my Indungence Chain might end up doing.
It involves a series of perks and the sun moving towards the planet earth.

>I wouldn't call the guy who fist bumps a toy "no nonsense"

And mister chicken hat snake is okay?
Or are you talking about the snake who does crotch grabs?
Or the snake who says The Patriot gun has unlimited ammo because it has an internal feed mechanism shaped like an infinity symbol.

I've never played MGS, so I know fuck all about snake beyond the memes.

Bit of a weird question, but could I give the False Blue Card from Digimon Tamers to someone else for a while and have them create a Digimon for themselves instead of needing me as a middleman?

If I could do that, would the Digimon count as being created by them and not me for stuff like "your creations are always loyal" perks? Kinda obvious if you think about it but I'd rather not find out I'm inadvertently shackling people's partners afterwards on the off chance I'm wrong, so I might as well ask.

In the multiversal cosmic hierarchy, how strong are DnD 3.5 Greater Deities?

Honestly, no. I mean both in the sense that we know so little about the remaining beasts I don't feel confident to say either way, and in the sense that of the known beasts, if all of them dogpiled you at once I doubt that alone would let you come out on top. Keep in mind they come in at full power, they're working with each other and Tiamat alone-the Beast I singled out at the most vulnerable to the Black Barrel-was said to cover the entire Earth once fully awakened. Even though the Barrel gives you a nasty sucker punch, you're going up against multiple beyond-TYPE level beings-and the Barrel KILLED it's wielder from the sheer strength of the attack he needed to kill the last TYPE he ever fought.

Even then, Goetia was near-omniscient and he himself estimated that while in life (as a terminal of God) Solomon was beyond him, at the height of his Beastly power Solomon couldn't even match him as a Grand Servant; he stomped Goetia only because of the ring God had him send into the future that let him self destruct Goetia along with himself.

I CAN also say with certainty from that conflict, that virtually all the Servants from the other scenarios would be of negligible help because A LOT more Servants, including most of the scenario ones, rushed Goetia (the WEAKEST Beast) and only managed to stalemate the Demon Pillars while Goetia himself didn't feel the need to waste his incinerated history energy on them.

So, as a person who can't think of anything currently but wants to do more than just the examples, I have a question guys what are some good uses for /CoCo Pillarman's [MODE], [CELS], and Scopeman's [QUALITY]?
I ask because this stuff is very vague.

Making a Dead by Daylight Gauntlet, any ideas for a reward for completing it?

Well, shit. I hadn't noticed they all came at you at once. Man, the scenario really doesn't give you anywhere near the power to possibly accomplish it then.

Sure, don't see why not. The power is all in the item rather than the one who holds it, so a bit of direction and handing it over would allow them to do it just fine.

How powerful is a level 20 Fighter in the Pathfinder setting? Dry stats are a little difficult for me to translate into 'fluff'

the thing about Metal gear is that most of the memes are at least 70% accurate,you got things like CIA director hot coldman,not to mention that the dude literally can't get it up if he's not in a cardboard box. Like every time in Canon snake has ever had sex it's been in a pink cardboard box.

Someone's beating you to it

Isn't Myrmidont already making that?

Someone is already working on one m8

A-are you saying we Hybrids don't deserve a best friend?

Whelp, I am now having to do the captchas instead of being able to skip them. Guess I shouldn't have said anything.

...what multiversal cosmic hierarchy? For that matter which greater god, they can vary a lot depending on their purview. I'm going to guess you're talking about the likes of Mystra and Bane instead of...I dont' know, the hypothetical Greater God of Toasted Bread for the sake of argument because they're the most famous and because I'm pretty sure they're meant to be among the upper echelons of Greater Deity power.

Anyway, I would ballpark them somewhere between Goetia as a Beast and Dormammu in terms of sheer cosmic power. With the caveat that Goetia has certain unique abilities they can't do, while conversely although Dormammu doesn't have the same depth of power they do in their domains his powers are a lot more versatile.

The explaination that works for me is that you're basically like Boromir in the LOTR books. Or Conan the Barbarian, but that's the wrong class. Yes, at the end of the day you are just a guy in armor swinging a sword but you're just plain badass enough to take on a dragon with that if you fight smart.

Elf and Aragorn-tier combat is of course reserved for the Warblade class.

Needs a 600cp pallet item.

No, they do deserve a best friend, they just don't need one besides themselves. You are your own best friend.

That wasn't my point Tera. My point was my lack of knowledge, not wondering if what little knowledge I have is accurate or not.

Pretty certain Goetia isnt the weakest. Further Independent Manifestation kinda allows you to block that planet coring attack Goetia does if you are a shielder or clash it if another Grand Class. Val has stated that being a Grand puts you at roughly the same power as a Beast

Probably equivalent to other gods that rule over lesser gods and that have millions of worshippers. If you want numbers, you can probably calculate their CR and compare that to Cthulhu's.

>The explaination that works for me is that you're basically like Boromir in the LOTR books
That sucks... I guess I'll stick to TES for my mythic physical feats.

What is wrong with the word banter that the guy wanted to ban it?

Oh? Oh. Oh! Oh dear. Yes, that's going to be a problem.

Okay, so, I can't answer your question, no matter how badly I want to. Because I can't find a PDF of the Deities and Demigods book that was printed for D&D 3.0 online anywhere. But that's what you're going to want to use. They essentially wrote up stats for a HUGE variety of Gods from all different pantheons in it. So you'll be able to directly compare them.

So if you can find a copy, have fun with that.

Let pic related be your motivation for gitting gud.

Goetia is the weakest, Beast rules follow the logic that successive Beasts are stronger than preceding Beasts because human civilisation advancing empowers them. Like how a healthy body gives more room for cancers to grow; they're literally the apoptosis of humanity.

Where did Val say that? I definitely didn't see that being a hard rule in the game unless the idea that as a unique Grand you're stronger than usual.

Cthulhu has a CR? Also are you sure D&D Cthulhu is meant to be the actual Lovecraftian Cthulhu?

Also wait since when does TES have mythic physical feats? I thought it was all degenerate elves turning into mad gods and wizards having no sense of right and wrong

>Dormammu doesn't have the same depth of power they do in their domains
What can they do that puts them at that level?

Any chance of you adding an option to transfer some of our CP to our Partner?

Grandma apocalypse, a strange form of WIFI signal is turning everyone in contract into geriatric folks. People are forgetting their names

Can't take it.

>Goetia is the weakest, Beast rules follow the logic that successive Beasts are stronger than preceding Beasts because human civilisation advancing empowers them. Like how a healthy body gives more room for cancers to grow; they're literally the apoptosis of humanity.
>Where did Val say that? I definitely didn't see that being a hard rule in the game unless the idea that as a unique Grand you're stronger than usual
I will get back to you on the source I am technically in a class right now. Also if you look at the stats and skills, Tiamat is objectively weaker than Goetia considering she is the ocean and Goetia can destroy the planet.

Most Beasts as far as I can tell are ranked on danger to humanity not power. Tiamat for example is weaker but has anti-human properties and can zerg rush civilization. Meanwhile Primate Murder just gets a mega buff to killing humans but also cant destroy the planet

Uh...fuck you're asking a guy who looked over FR ages ago for jump purposes. If I remember correctly, Mystra maintains a mystic energy field called the Weave that sustains relatively safe access to magic itself for mortal spellcasters throughout the world, and Bane once crashed a plane of existence with no survivors into another one during a god war. And also ressurected himself later from his own demigod, but I'm not sure how much that has to do with his domains over tyranny, ambition and control.

>Also wait since when does TES have mythic physical feats?
There's lots of stuff in the lore. Ysgramor was said to shatter a giant's iron club with a single swing of his axe. There was an archer who could shoot an arrow over a castle's walls, across a courtyard, through an open window and then through a Duchess' keyhole repeatedly. There's lots of stuff, really.

Wait, wait, I finally found a copy! Here. Enjoy. Compare Gods, have fun.
dnd.etherealspheres.com/eBooks/DnD_3.5/core/D&D 3.5 Deities And Demigods.pdf

>"Also wait since when does TES have mythic physical feats?"

Dude TES lore is absolutely fucking bonkers once you start getting into the real meat of it.

Another notable archer in TES never missed bar his target teleporting. Even if they were miles away, his arrow would always strike true

Hey Yoro, what do you think a high level fighter would be like fluff-wise in D&D

>Cthulhu has a CR?
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/great-old-ones/great-old-one-cthulhu/
Pathfinder is just 3.5 with filed off serial numbers and it's actually available on the internet.

I'm pretty sure that Cthulhu actually has statblock in some 3.5e book but I can't remember which and googling a bit didn't bring anything up.

>Also wait since when does TES have mythic physical feats?
It doesn't. Elder Scrolls lore is nonsense that should be ignored. The alternative is to assume that every Elder Scrolls game is a piece of shit that can't accurately represent the world they take place in, which is pretty sad given that the people who rant on about Elder Scrolls lore are supposedly fans of the series.

>The alternative is to assume that every Elder Scrolls game is a piece of shit that can't accurately represent the world they take place in
Sounds about right, yes

The way I remembered it being explained, was that while Goetia is the weakest in terms of overall potential he also had longer preptime to get strong than any other Beast in the story, and he was channeling all of human history for energy at the end of the game. Kiara just had one demon pillar, some Chaldea staff, masters and their Servants and a couple timeloops-and she became almost as powerful, and in some ways more personally dangerous to humans without using a Grand's corpse as a crutch. That's another thing to remember-a big, big part of Goetia's strength leans on him sockpuppeting Solomon's body for the control over magic and his killsat is the cornerstone of his whole plan.

I dunno about that danger to humanity thing, but I just assumed that Tiamat's statline was written with her only just having awoken as a Beast. It's also heavily implied she was deliberately restaining herself, since her cute girl brain part was restrained with tendrils the color of her ooze and in a dream you hear her begging you to not love her as well as leave her-like she understood on some level she was a threat to you.

That's another thing, once she shows up in person, most of the fights against Tiamat are when she's totally psychotic.

>bar his target teleporting
As I recall, even that didn’t work.

Wait, so Khajit DON'T turn into superliminal speedsters if they take hundreds of skooma at once?

No, that's canon, other parts are wrong tho

No but they can turn into dragons. Furry dragons.

Fuck. At least Warblades get to shout IRON HEART SURGE while strange things happen a lot if their group and especially the DM likes a bit of silly in their roleplay.

>gameplay trumping lore
>ever

Sure, I don't see any issues with that.

Actually you ate them!

Kind of.

See as mentioend before human emotions drive digimon crazy; and evne with a digivice the effect isn't perfect. So human's are partnered up with digimon that have full compatibility with the wavelength of their D.N.A.; kinda like the Meister-Demon Weapon setup in Soul Eater.

Hybrids are what happen when you take a potential Partnership and fused both members together in a rather permanent fashion. Kurata did it by taking a potential Partner Digimon, boiling them down to raw data, and then sticking them inside the genetic structure of the person who could've been their Human Partner. Then we have the Bancholeomon route and have a Digimon absorb their Human Partner's D.N.A./Soul in order to save them from dying. Lastly we have King Drasil's route which involves replacing a compatible human body's soul with a digital entity.

So when I said that when it comes to hybrids "You are you're Partner" I wasn't being flippant; I was meant it literally.

And Primate Murder? He basically is just a fluffy animal when just chilling but only slightly exceeds Type Mercury at the act of killing humanity.

Also on the note of Kiara, it's not that she can't be stronger than Goetia it's just my case that her rank is based on how dangerous she is to humanity.

Amaterasu is also undeniably more dangerous and powerful than all the ranks before barring possibly Kiara in the power department.

But you so far are correct in your points

Well, fluff-wise? No crunch? No prestige classes?

They'll be badass warriors cutting their way across a battlefield. They'll be the Himura Kenshin of their area, able to cut down most normal fighters without even trying. They would either specialize in a single weapon to an extreme that would make them seem almost inhuman with it in their hands, or use anything and everything they could get their hands on and be just as deadly with it.

They'd be unassuming. It'll be hard to tell him apart from the grunts aside from his better gear. Anybody who can see magic would know not to fuck with him, but otherwise? His sword would just look a little more magical and armor seem more reinforced. But then suddenly he's lopping off three heads in a single chop while his sword is on fire.

They'd get absolutely annihilated against a wizard in a straight fight, but given a little bit of an edge? They could have that wizard on the floor with a well placed trip and then just keep stabbing until the job is done. Bonus points if they bring along a ring of anti-magic field for the job.

So far as I'm aware, no.

>The explaination that works for me is that you're basically like Boromir in the LOTR books. Or Conan the Barbarian, but that's the wrong class. Yes, at the end of the day you are just a guy in armor swinging a sword but you're just plain badass enough to take on a dragon with that if you fight smart.
>Elf and Aragorn-tier combat is of course reserved for the Warblade class.
Hah, no. Boromir and Aragorn is around 5th level stuff.

thealexandrian.net/wordpress/587/roleplaying-games/dd-calibrating-your-expectations-2

When that book came out, I was playing level 16 human fighter in a campaign that had started at level 1 and the assassin frog that licked enemies to death threw a fit about anime ruining everything. So I didn't get to use the book. On hindsight, I might have brain damage.

>What do you think a high level fighter would be like fluff-wise in D&D
By the fluff they're pretty awsome dudes, no bullshit. Think Conan and you've got a decent idea of what a fighter by the fluff is like. By crunch... this guy has the crunch covered. Like there are ways to become awesome as a fighter but they either rely on houserules (Use of more than one Fighter Variant is the most common I know of) or abuse of the rules as written (Warforged Feats + Pugilist to make you immune to damage.)

This short video is all you need to know about Elder Scrolls lore:
youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

So you're proud of the fact that your game can't portray the world it's set in? You think this is a good thing, that the lore says Tamriel is this amazing place of high magic and all sorts of exotic and interesting stuff going on, but the games are just a boring generic fantasy setting? Strange.

So kinda like those truenamer guys?

And what would you consider "accurately representing the world"? I can't think of many games that allow you to do everything shown in cutscenes/QTEs outside of them. Have those done a poor job of representing their world?

>threw a fit about anime ruining everything
>actual pic of user's fellow player's assassin frog

...the problem with that article is that it doesn't give any examples of what an ACTUAL 20th level fighter could reasonably accomplish on a regular basis, and then goes on to acknowledge that the abstractions of D&D levels weren't designed to be compatible with high literature.

Other than the vague idea that if Fingolfin or Feanor clocks out at level 8, you're like a bit more than twice as good at them at fighting? Which again, is silly because they're already said the rules break down with those examples.

So we're back to square 1 with the whole thing.

I’ll have to think of something else, I guess.

Come to think of it, I do remember you saying that gods can travel to their own afterlife. Is that something that could be granted by Hoti Jumper?

To be fair Morrowind's main quest ends with you messing with the literal heart of an aedra, and in Skyrim you get to see the inside of Herma-Mora's magical realm. And also one of his more impressively eldritch avatars.

Yes, but they do a better job than Elder Scrolls. After all, they at least have those cutscenes. Like, I might not get to personally fight the space battle against the Collector ship in Mass Effect 2, but I at least get to see that the guns being used are really as powerful as the Codex says they are. It's better than being told that this super-dragon is the end of all things, even in his weakened state (so don't use that as an excuse), but he's just breathing some weak fire breath and occasionally summoning low-damage meteors. Pretty much the number one rule of storytelling is "show, don't tell". I'll take a non-interactive showing over an interactive-but-unimpressive telling any day.

Do you have to have this rant /again/? Every single time TES comes up you bitch and moan about it being a shitty game series. How about you shut up and let people enjoy what they enjoy for once? Or introduce a different topic you're interested in discussing again?

How are your jumper's private forces equipped?
How are they paid?

They aren't beyond TYPEs according to Valeria. Part of the problem is that TYPEs are never really a focus except in Angel Notes, and that story is pretty short and never really shows them in a fight. For all we know the average TYPE would crush most Beasts easily.

Nah Truenamers are fundamentally broken, as in their crunch got borked and it just can't hold under the strain. A fighter can do their job, and do it well, but their job is "hit things with sword/staff/etc." some folks manage to do it better than others. By the rules of the game a fighter at high levels if he's built correctly has great skill at take out crowds of lower CR monsters, such as Goblinoids and other swarm creatures, with things like the Great Cleave line and two handing things for Power Attack bonuses, magic just is flat out more verstile a tool, thought this is the 3.0 and 3.5 experience. In 1st and 2nd a Fighter was a monster who could cut through spells because that's what he do, CUT THINGS. A high level Fighter back in the day was a Baron with his own contengent of Fighters and lower level mages below him, in ye olden days it was traditional to start crafting your own slice of a kingdom or settle down for SPELL RESEARCH! at around level 10.

Nice argument you got there

>according to Valeria
Well, there's your problem.

>number one rule of storytelling
>good storytelling
>Todd