Transhuman Space or Eclipse Phase?

Transhuman Space or Eclipse Phase?

One of them has awful rules.

The other one is GURPS.

Can I just make my own homebrew?

The latter with ideas cribbed from the former. Transhuman Space is 15 years old, so it's getting kinda outdated with its near future speculation. However, GURPS is a far better system than percentile-Shadowrun monstrosity that is Eclipse Phase. Plus, TS isn't filled with ideology-wank the way EP is, so it's a far better base to build off of.

TS is better written but adventures are easier to start off in EP.

Does their weird sales technique of telling anyone who they class as an 'MRA misogynist' [which is everyone who doesn't agree with them 100%] not to play, working?

>Transhuman Space or Eclipse Phase?

Neither, but I just dislike THS rather than being actively disgusted by its everything.

which are you referring to and when did this happen?

None seem really great so if I was up for some transhumanism I’d make my own setting.

So is the fact that EP is wholly unoriginal like, part of the game? The game's content mentions Jovian Empires, Krypton, Daxamites, fucking Barsoomians, and countless others.

Like it's trying to be all original and filled with this high philosophy, but it's then got all this goofy, inconsistent shit, and it's ideas of alien tech just seems REALLY stunted. I dunno, I want to like EP, but it just feels half baked.

I don't have the forum post on hand, but they bitch fitted about 'wrongthinkers' playing their game

>kinda outdated
That's the only problem TS has, if you can gloss over it, it's a excellent setting.

It depends. Does transhuman space have malevolent bicentennial loli/shota CEOs forcing the disembodied masses of earth’s needy to work as vending machines, security cameras, mining equipment, and sex dolls?

Also Exhumans are best faction, simply by virtue of being split between lunatic vorefags turning themselves into nonsapient super-predators and getting of to eachother’s killstreaks, /k/ommando hiveminds that identify as attack helicopters and MBTs that run a small extrasolar Empire and love trolling the Ultimate Weeaboo, and space wizard jackasses that make usual mages’ immorality look tame by comparison and jam bits of femtomaterial god computer into themselves until they explode into alien ftl internet memes.

A good amount of those references are intentional, in and out of universe, and are only meant to be references, not likenesses.

Don’t really know what you mean about the ideas of alien tech being stunted, it’s not a huge part of the setting, and it’s pretty developed where it appears.

Transhuman Space is boring and filled with furries

Eclipse Phase is borderline unplayable and filled with SJWs

Take your pick

I choose Option C - GURPs with Transhuman Space: Toxic Memes

*I meant refluffed Ultra Tech but had an unfortunate freudian slip.

>Does transhuman space have malevolent bicentennial loli/shota CEOs forcing the disembodied masses of earth’s needy to work as vending machines, security cameras, mining equipment, and sex dolls?
Actually yeah, it talks about that in the first chapter. How the ultra-rich that can afford live-extending treatments have hit a level of wealth so high that someone born today (in the setting) will be unable to ever compete with them so you've got a stratified society of immortal plutocrats and then EVERYONE ELSE underneath them.

TS is nearly utopian in the 5th Wave places, but ist only utopian because a bunch of old rich People choose that a peaceful Society is better for them. And as such People have Basic income and get some Support.

Ah yes, the worst of both worlds. Smart thinking, user

Are there really any other options to play transhuman/post-cyberpunk stuff today? THS, EP, Fate:EP... Anything else? Nothing?

SV Int Draconis, if you think the problem with EP is "not enough furfaggotry"

My problem with EP is the system. Furfaggotry is optional.

Mindjammer

I'll check it out, thanks. I'm kinda biased against Fate, but I guess it's time to overcome it.

Nova Praxis

There is Orion’s Arm but I have no idea how to play it

I'm familiar with OA and it's a setting, not a game; and not exactly a transhumanist one, but rather a singularist setting.
Another system I found and will consider is Sufficiently Advanced. Anyone know something about it?

THS by far, since it's more conservative and grounded. Not a huge fan of the "everyone is infomorphs and the Earth is dead, also aliums" thing.

Too bad SJG didn't bother making a proper 4e book for THS, so actually getting to play it can be a fucking chore. You have to cross-reference AT LEAST three books in addition to Basic Set.

>percentile-Shadowrun monstrosity that is Eclipse Phase
EP isn't even complicated though. Literally the only thing that can get overwhelming is the huge number of options at char gen, and that's easily circumvented with a little GM guidance during it.

>not exactly a transhumanist one, but rather a singularist setting
What's the difference?

Nova fucking praxis.
>calling ep's rules bad over the rest of the setting

Really dude?

Mindjammer.
All day every day.

what is this new evolution of ancap meme?