My friends doubts the gamer gate spider

I have a friend who doubts that the gamergate spider monster from beast was real.

Can someone please give me the image?

Here ya go buddy.

Jesus Christ.

giving them too much credit, honestly

thanks user

do you have the transgender thing from mage as well?

this shit is too good.

Yeah post more of shit-tier monsters/NPCs.

Christ, someone got PAID to make a Tumblr-tier strawman? I'm obviously in the wrong line of work.

Beast really fucking suffered from trying to make the Beasts sympathetic. Every single one is an asshole and the game is written for victim blaming. Being evil is fun, being self righteous cunt is not.

I got this

The Gender Identity and Demons box does not deserve to be included in that image. It gives a nice bit of insight into how your rogue biomechanical horror may feel about themselves. Also it can create a bit of interesting tension in social situations where they could slip-up and act in a way their Cover never would have.

the game makes a bit more sense when you consider that the author raped an underage girl 10-15 years ago...

I am going to want a source on that claim user.

It would have been better if beast were sympathetic but what they have to do to survive wasn't portrayed as good, having to hurt people to survive doesn't make you a bad person but that doesn't mean you aren't hurting people. The heroes should have gotten a similar treatment as well, you're someone who's been magically roped into hunting killing another person, that doesn't mean you're an unsympathetic psychopath

wat?

Matt McFarland, author of Beast: the Primordial, was accused last October of having sex with a 15 year old girl when he was 25 and then raping the same girl when she had turned 16.

This accusation was leveled at him via RPG.Net's Tangency forum. Matt McFarland ended-up losing his moderator status on the site and being perma-banned from RPG.Net despite the staff of said site lacking any evidence of impropriety on McFarland's part.

To this day there has been no further news on this particular event and no evidence to the previously mentioned claims has materialized. All in all while Matt McFarland can rightfully be called many things I would say "rapist" is not one of them.

You think whoever wrote that Promethean one feels bad about it?

Then where did the claim originate?

This image leaves out the first half of her backstory, where you find out she was originally a pudgy Mexican chick who was bullied for her accent.

Even when these guys literally made GamerGate Incarnate as a villain they couldn't resist making her a victimized WoC

From a post on rpg.net during one of their evil white male gamer feeding frenzies.
The claim was, to my knowledge, not challenged in any way, or did McFarland deny it.

I imagine someone pushed for Jewish Mexican but got called out for being to subtle.

Shit like is is why my tabletop club at college puts total bans on certain companies. Mostly because "They're more interesting in starting fights than making games so we're going to stop ANY fights by not allowing them"

>The claim was, to my knowledge, not challenged in any way, or did McFarland deny it.
Any lawyer will tell you that when accused of a serious crime, you keep your goddamn mouth shut whenever you did it or not.

I agree. It would be silly for the god-machine to give his angels an implicit gender identity since they do not reproduce sexually.

I really like how angry all you people are about this type of stuff :>

I ain't angry. More just amused St how extreme Null Snyper is as a strawman caricature while simultaneously failing at any genuine criticism of thin-skinned gamerNEET retards. It's on the same level as writing a demon named Hussein Bummer who lies his way to political power so he can scam money out of hard-working white folks. There's no substance to this character so the commentary falls flat.

> :>
Frankly I'm more angry about that

Now that we don't have quest threads on Veeky Forums anymore, the only quick source of amusement on the board is watching /pol/tards get mad at each other.

It wasn't Tangency, it was the Role-playing Gaming Open forum, and he stepped down himself, with the permaban following up once the mod team reviewed the accusor's testimony. We're never going to see this testimony or evidence, because none of it has anything to do with us, and it is in his best interest to go dark and keep quiet no matter what. Whatever happened, he doesn't work for OPP anymore and he only posts on his blog now so everything is pretty much done.

While I hate "listen and believe" crap, those are not the actions of an innocent man. My theory is there's a good deal of truth to the allegations, though I doubt it happened quite as claimed. That or this innocent man simply ran off tail between his legs because he knows the feminazi witch hunt has already destroyed his life
I know which narrative Veeky Forums says I should believe.

I mean, it's possible that he decided to just drop out of the industry to avoid having to constantly explain that he didn't do it once it came up on Google. The RPGnet permaban was explicitly because "We don't want every time he posts to turn into a shitshow over this" without any real discussion if he actually did it or not. OPP also has nothing to say over it besides "he dropped out of our projects." Either way, dropping out and staying quiet is the best course of action, innocence or no. It's not like tabletop games are his main livelyhood.

I dunno, I could just be guilty of a little bias myself. The guy was a "male feminist", right? Those types are always pretty big creeps.

You’re forgetting the amusement of the questfags running into every thread they don’t like and reminding everyone how salty they are. That’s my favorite by far.

>reeee stop talking about quests

Haha yeah

He was, I believe. Either way, we'll never know what's up, so there's no point in going to bat one way or another. Somehow, the whole thing makes Beast even worse.

A useful heuristic: If you see somebody insisting that "due process" and "presumption of innocence" are annoying obstacles that just get in the way of that justice, you shouldn't give that person the benefit of too much doubt when they are inevitably accused of exactly the same thing they complain about.

Eh. This is all court of public opinion stuff. Stature of limitations is probably long gone for something like this, if it happened.

Post the one who jizzes fish eggs and tricks people into eating them so they jizz fish eggs too