Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

> roast 'em edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/22/faction-focus-the-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme/Commentary
youtube.com/watch?v=GDs67k-v698 [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14907703
youtube.com/watch?v=_06d7wMO4Cw.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

word bearers a shit

Second for wordbearers are shif.

Tau STRONK when

Leman Russ is best Primarch

It sorta looks like that Riptide is pouring endless amounts of nacho cheese on those bugs.

nth for bow down to beastmensch

How could they monumentally fuck up spore mine and biovore rules like that. How did that slip past "most playtested" edition?

Does anyone have that it's wolftime! image?

Never your supremacy will continue to sit on the shelf

Is 3 Bullgyns enough or do you need to sink more points into the unit to make it worth taking?

Do people use the Astraeus (Ass tray us?) much?

What's wrong with spore mines/biovores?

Squatted

look at a map sometime

>post yfw process of elimination means Russ is the next loyalist primarch to be released

>Russ
>Loyalist

the real power of thousand sons will be psychic phase mortal wound spam, probably.

>tzeench steals Khorne's personal strategem AND gets a discount

How about biovores in large numbers hiding behind cover in the backfield doing the indian shuffle in order to miss more often then using spore mines to block your movement, and there is nothing that you can do before your movement to clear them away because even if you move to within an inch, they dont blow up till the assault phase? Then they do the same thing next turn.

King Yiff confirmed.
Maximum over wolf aChIeVEd.

>teleports 20 rubricae behind you
>cocks inferno bolters

nothing personal, kid

Sounds fluffy to me. Maybe you just need to git gud scrub

Sounds like you just need to get good

I dunno user, that sounds perfectly reasonabme to me. Honestly I think they shoukd have made it so that spore mines only blow up if they die or the tyranid player chooses them to.

> inferno bolters
> not warp flamers
Found the basic bitch

This is great for getting your Rubrics where they need to go to delete some enemy infantry early on. I wonder if using the 3CP version will be worth it.

Maybe if you have two maxed out squads.

Swap armies with your opponent, see if you can get gud.

why arent sisters of silence an alternative troop choice for custards?

seems wierd

is it a fluff thing?

> biovores
> shoot spore mines
> mines
user most people don't fire mines directly at the enemy. They use them to deny terrain and control movement *GASP* kind of like you are suggesting. Funny that.

Squatted.

You are on crack if you think fucking spore mines locking you in a zone the whole game is remotely fair.

Why would I want to run nids? I run Marines, the true patricians choice

Because it only works on bird bros and not zerkers and terminators and shit. Effects are only as good as the chassis they are attached to.

> playing swapping armies with your opponent to replay the scenario to work on tactics and learn your enemy
Didn't know it was pleb hour

What space marine chapter has the coolest initiation?

please elaborate

I have no idea what you are talking about

Some asshole in our area uses 12 of them. And you cant just not play him if you are in a league/tournament. Try it, I dare you. Play a game where someone blocks a good portion of your army from moving out of deployment, near objectives, ect... see if you think its fair.

>Implying I didn't lock down a third of a 6x4 board with 300points against nids the last time I played them.

Get gud

Blue Table Painting

Has anyone used their services before? I just got an orc army on the cheap but don't want to paint 100+ boyz.

Unrelated SoB image because I secretly pray for an 8th codex by end of the year.

The hanged.

Do you really think the SoS are getting a codex? Now where does that leave them?

Black Templars, nothing cooler than Knight-Squire and proving yourself to your master.

Lol, just spray paint them green. No one cares about orks. I wouldn't notice either way.

Stop this meme at once its getting old

> not using a human wave of expendables to clear your path
> needing to move to shoot people off the board
Found the marine baby

you mean pleb tier

sad
allowing them into the custards would have opened up some interesting opportunities

and you're right, they probably do not fit in any other codex

git gud.

>Best rules
>Best minis
>Most support for my faction
>Most varied play styles
Sounds pretty patrician to me

Why aren't you playing your codex's alpha legion deepstrike? There's literally no reason to pick another CT.

Demand left off once the player base discovered SoS were women (female) instead of women (male). Gdubs couldn't GIVE the sprues away. Dubs confirms

ow!
im sorry thats me being cut by the edge.

>20 rubricae
>20 warpflamers
>veteran of the long wars for +1 to wound
>warptime to get in range

MFW

What's cracking? Wip?

>best rules
bland, monobuild, boring crap
>best minis
just copy and pasted marine shit
>most support for my faction
not a good thing
>most varied play styles
see 1.

>1 away

I'd like them better if they didn't tower over everything else in the game and had more than two sculpts.

looks good

>t.salty npc player

Skirmish strawpoll again. I think this'll be the last or close to last time I post it, it's been ~24 hours so /40kg/ regulars from every timezone will have gotten a chance to vote on it.
strawpoll.me/14907703

134 votes total
1st place is Shadow War Armageddon with 31
2nd place is 8th Edition 'unofficial' killteam with 29 votes
'Would at least consider trying 40k-to-Infinity conversion' is 3rd with 23

That's only 'would consider' not 'really interested', but I'm sorta surprised to see it above HoR killteam (4th place, 18 votes)Interested in the 40k-Infinity conversion is still only 7 votes though, rip.
How is SW:A in the lead? When I was looking into it everyone I asked told me it was dead because of 0 support or updates so everyone stopped playing.

old posts

is there a way to cram together a detatchment of sisters of silence? I can not find any HQ choices for them.

I think they would be fun to have with custards

> hit target with doombolt
> the survivors can't even run away
MFW

I'm cumming warpflame don't stop

finishing up my blob of plaguebearers. did anyone figure out what the best way to run GUO/rotigus is yet?

On a scale of 1-10 how horrible would I be to modle my GUO with a shit-stained asscrack leaving a trail of brown with a little tp glued to his ass?

>I think this'll be the last or close to last time I post i
good

SW:A is beyond dead but it's semi-solid Necromunda mechanics combined with everyone's favorite army makes it appealing and I'm sad to see no support for it.

Vanguard IMPERIUM detachment led by Rowboat

What? Do you knot like The Hanged?

Give them an inquisitor. The new female special once, if a detachment of sisters in a rhino.
Thus would actually really help you Custodes against psyker who mortal wound them to death. The chick inquisitor has a bonus deny

drop the tp and you are golden

Is there a way to tell if the release agent has been scrubbed off when washing resin?

I play mine with an AM commander so I can snag the Aquilla because these weird lists seriously lack the CP.

this is very fluffy and good advice. Thankyou!

What survives that even in the game? Thats an average of 70 hits, wounding probably at worst on a 4, or even 2s.

They have a history of not doing the job you pay for and are always on the verge of bankruptcy. Video is a bit old, but here's a worst case example youtube.com/watch?v=_06d7wMO4Cw. Like a year ago an user shared that he went up to their studio to get a job and what went down. They basically pay less than minimum wage for most of their painters after all fees are deducted from the painters and that they have a heavy turn over rate so any problems you have might not be fixed because the painter that did the job might have quit

What about a modeled turd with the crushed nurgling crawling out of it like a peice of corn?

also gold

> cast weaver of fates; glamour on Magnus
> opponent must choose between napalm death squad literally in his lines or untouchable Primarch swooping down on him
HHHHHGGGGHHHH

Do you think Iron Hands marines have copper wiring to reroute their fear of pain?

Plague bearers. A full blob.

For Custodes: is the only benefit of the new terminators the ability to deepstrike? Do they get an extra wound?
Is the only benefit of the robed Custodes the ability to take axes? What else do they get?

I already have a bunch of Horus Heresy custards and after seeing that the spear is statistically on par or better than the axe in most situations, I'm not really seeing the point of anything other than those sweet jetbikes.

Space marines know no fear user

>fear
What's that???

>Through the void, I hear the voices. Quiet once, but now the chattering choir of voices reaches a booming crescendo of pain and agony. In a horrendous ecstasy, the voices cry out as one:

nerf thousand sons

the robed dudes look sweet and would probably be great for hetaeron guard.

they get 4 wounds and the grenade launcher

Allarus have W4 and the Balistus
Wardens have +1 attack, 6+++ compared to normal Guard and option for axe

>fear
Explain further.

Axes and a 6+++, honestly its not that great but its not useless and they do look great, once I finish the first 1000pts Im going to add a couple of them to make "squad leaders" and a large unit to deep strike.

The Exorcists

that feeling you get when you fail a morale check

Oh, that feels like a re-roll

Can the Custodes terminators be built without the capes? Is there any details lacking under the capes?

>faltering morale

Seems like someone needs some good ol' fashion boltgun morale boosting! We'll keep applying this method until morale improves or we've run out of ammo.

You are right in that Wardens look awesome and can easily double as Hetaeron. The 6++ is not much but at least it's something. I do like that squad leader idea too.

I may grab the Allarus with axes just to go character hunting with axes and grenade launchers (as the axes fair best against things with a 4++ anyway).

I'm most excited for the jetbikes anyways and are definitely getting picked up.

Reputable re-sellers of 40k models?

>wanting less capes on your custards

Even vanilla custardes don't have the oppressive amounts of gold and red like their old artwork.

Why the fuck can't we have nice things.