ITT, try to conceal your own fetish in a natural-seeming...

ITT, try to conceal your own fetish in a natural-seeming, non-explicit setting element or character concept that's conducive to roleplaying, setting depth and character development/a long-lasting game.
If in doubt, ask yourself if you think you could show it to a younger cousin without getting in legal trouble.
Also, shit on others who failed.

This is explicitly a thread made for the purpose of getting new ideas for RPGs by cleaning off ones that people have ruined for others, so I'll laugh if it gets deleted for the sake of yet another /pol/bait complaint thread about people who never existed.
Hell, if it goes off topic, I'll go through from one end to the other and make it come back on topic.

>a 18/19yo female half elf bard will only perform for an audience if barefoot

This is a setting detail I came up with supposedly to reduce the number of extraneous player races while keeping the option for players to be hybrid characters:

When two characters of different races/species couple in this setting, the offspring is mechanically one of the two species and simply has cosmetic influences from the other parent that could be used to discern their true parentage.

>natural-seeming
>conducive to roleplaying, setting depth and character development/a long-lasting game.

doesn't really seem like it fits any of those desu

>Dude are you capable of playing anything that's not a fetish?

Androgynous elven mage
Muscular scantily clad barbarian woman
Silver-tongued bard
Classically handsome, masculine and wealthy paladin
Short, broad dwarven cleric lass

No, anonymous voice in my head, I'm not capable of playing something that's not sexy, because all archetypal character concepts are sexy.

The setting has magic so people can change sex if they really want to instead of chopping up their dicks

Hyena-inspired gnolls as a player race.
And it's not because I like furries

>a race of genderless immortal elementals based on precious gems that struggles to understand the concept of death and has a small bias for brittle and/or soft races

ITT: That Guys think they do a good job hiding their fetishes behind "legitimate" concepts but utterly utterly fail and don't even realize how hard they're failing.

>Characters exist
Guess what it means their daddy knocked up mommy.

Most of us don't care. What's your excuse?

That Guys not realizing they're That Guy is one of the defining features of That Guys.

I think you're just missing the point of the thread and complaining about shit that isn't about you or important to you for the sake of making yourselves feel better about your pathetic, lonely, worthless lives. Because that's really the only reason you two would be in this thread.

I wasn't even complaining, I was more sarcastically commenting on someone pointing out the blatantly obvious as if it was some big revelation.

An organised an widespread courtesans' guild exists.

my fetish is organisation and efficient bureaucracy

Okay so, here's the problem...

>1. I have a strong attraction for Knightly ladies, yet female warriors are a staple of fantasy genre and female knights are not novelty, they are a cliche even. If I have on order of female knights in my setting, am I engaging in magical realm?

>2. I know a friend of mine has a fetish for giantess. Giants are a staple of fantasy. I include a race of that has females. Am I indulging his magical realm merely by having them exist, without featuring them proeminently?

>3. Unknown to me, a player has a fetish for barefoot ladies. I include a older of celtic inspire women druid who go barefoot to show how they are not harmed by walking in nature, kinda like the same reason they don't need fur in winter or walk alongside bears and wolves. Display of attunement and what not. Regardless of the reason, they exist. Am I indulging someone's magical realm even if it's unknown to me?

>4. No one on my table has a parasite infection fetish. I want to include an element of body horror and creature beings that capture people and lay eggs inside then, so when their spawn hatches, it will burrow through flesh, eating for sustenance, consuming the host and leaving when the host dies. Although horrific, I know from /d/ that it is someone's fetish out there. No one in my table share it though. Is it magical realm?

So, where's the line?

It's only Magical Realm if someone at the table notices it and dislikes it.

I'm a submissive and my fetish is making people I care about happy.

So I indulge my fetish by running the best game I can every week for my party.

Are you a good DM though? Because a submissive personality, in my experience, is not a good trait for a DM.

Asking the big questions. Here goes another:

>5. Are all things potentially attractive/hot/kinky magical realm or only the ones that are gross/off-putting for those who don't share it?
I ask because the comic that spawned the expression refers to piss fetish, which is scat and thus gross. But like, a sexy lady dressed in a sexy fashion is still a turn on for most people. Does the piss forest incurs in something that the skyclad amazon warrior doesn't?

I think magical realm is when you are imposing your weird fetishes on other

Another guy here, but here goes.
1. If you put disproportionate focus on them to the point where narrative and setting consistency fall out the window, yes. If not, no.
2. See 1. If you're actively baiting him, it's not magical realm, sure, but you're being a twat.
3. No. Setting-building shouldn't be restrained by theoretical unknowns like that.
4. See 3. There are people who'd say yes, but those people have reached the bottom of the slippery slope that claiming 3 is magical realm or even undesirable sets you down on.
5. This is basically point number 1.

You could try to help people clean out the bits you think are giveaways, explaining why you think so and how to fix them.
It would put you miles above the other shitters in a single press of the "Post" button.

Impregnation
Its impossible to do it naturally in normal RP session

Send party on a sea cruise, have them attacked by a giant kraken.

Are you completely sure you're not just viewing it through the lens of your own fetish?
If you're not being a cackling lunatic about it, and if it fits with your character, I'd let your PC have sex and I'd let the natural things happen.
Hell, even if you're intentionally trying to create an heir, people do that for the sake of getting welfare.
I can say as a perma-GM that you'd have to be really, really fucking unsubtle to make something as essential to human nature as producing children unsuitable for a game where you play as humans and humanoids.
How would you say it had to be done to satisfy your criteria?
I'd let you bang your waifu character.
I'd let you rule you wanted to have kids.
I'd mention your character's wife/girlfriend was pregnant.
I'd even roleplay the fucking childbirth.
But if you're expecting an erotic novel of 3000 words about pickles, stretch marks and maternity clothes, yeah, then you can go fuck off because by then you're taking game time to get your rocks off and you're not even trying to hide it.

I'm pretty sure the line is coming to Veeky Forums and trying to justify your fetish being suitable for tabletop role-playing games.

>men of all backgrounds are socially expected to take a wife 5-10 years younger than them

My fetish is abstinence.

My fetishes are so well concealed that the players would have to actively try to seek out individuals that practice those fetishes. All fetishes exist within my domain, but they never come up in a campaign, because the heros are too busy trying to avoid death and destruction.

If you create a magical realm, your real fetish is trying to show your friends what kind of weird stuff gets you off, without just telling them.

Saga of the Icelanders has rules for PCs getting pregnant

I wouldn't. As a DM there's a hard line you have to draw sometimes. It's like when the weeb kid wants to rape something. Fuck you naruto, I don't want to describe this scene and the people playing don't want to sit through it. Similarly, if two of my PC's wanted to have a kid I'm not going to narrate their sex life, just let the group know they notice a little bump on her characters stomach grow a they travel.

The biggest key to all of this magical realm memery is that it all completely unnecessary and unwanted by the rest of your group.

A volunteer militiawoman who, though underperformed in actual combat, used cunning tactics and rigged traps to render enemies defenseless. She'd drink after the battles and made lots of friends defending her small hometown, and she'd quickly earn a reputation as the biggest lightweight in the force. She'd receive accolades, but hated the attention it brought her, so she taught all she knew about trap-laying to her comrades and went out adventuring.
The thing is they didn't let girls into the militia, so she was disguised as a man the whole time.

That's a false equivalency (family story arc with character development hooks and possible plot=pointless and unmotivated graphic rape) and you know it.
I'm pretty sure that someone who thinks even talk of reproduction and children is "completely unnecessary and unwanted" by everyone else could benefit from seeing a shrink, because that's sure as hell not the image I get from anyone else.

Yes, and the imposing part is the key. If I had a foot fetish and mentioned that elves usually don't wear footwear, that's pretty unimposing and wouldn't affect the players' enjoyment of the game. If I brought the game to halt to describe the bare feet of the elven maidens in great detail, that'd be Magical Realming.

Patrician taste, user

plenty of performers do so barefoot as part of xyz hippie bullshit reasoning. you are completely wrong

Here is something I wanted to post in a similar thread yesterday, where the idea was to make a BBEG out of your magical realm.

I am a hopeless /gfd/fag, so her being rather dominant and powerful plays good within the BBEG Stuff. While from appearance and class she could be pretty anything, although there are of course some things I have a soft spot for. To make her really a BBEG that is well, evil at last it capturing the protagonist to make him hers, won’t be enough, because well, I like it gentle, so no to insane yandere stuff, or at least not purely motivated by it. One possibility could be let’s say, a very powerful paladin/knight that has, as her father, and his father etc. before her sworn an oath to the know gone “Ebil Empire” to protect the royal family, of which, the protagonist although a bastard is the last living heir. Her goal is now to make the Empire Great Again and put the protagonist on the Throne, so the Empire can start conquering and being "evil" again, no matter where he wants it or not and second, because she fall in love with him and hopes to reign at his site, his right hand, maybe one day even as his queen. So she will constantly show off the power of the Empire, by fucking other enemies of the protagonist badly with her warband, intriguing into politics, lamenting on how corrupt and short-minded republics and independent kingdoms are and how much good you could do with an united, strong Empire etc. and try to seduce and temptate him all the way, maybe even kidnap him on multiple occasions and not letting him cum until he has shown so proper jingoist tendencies or some shit. Also, it her nearly fanatic devotion could be interesting, due to her beeing also quite humorous because that’s a trait I pretty like, so she would go more for the "Hora Hora" Type, than outright yandere.
From her appearance I am not so focused, could be messy wild red-haired nordwoman, strict, proper and calm pale blond beauty or some delicious brown amazon, that would depend on the setting, I guess.

Joke's on you, my fetish is escaping this hellish reality for a world of fantasy at every possible moment, just so I don't dwell on my own uselessness.

Human Hexblade/Lore-Bard

His objective is to have as many dates with cute girls as possible, and that's why he travels the realm, acquiring fame and money.

A Paladin, Bounty Hunter or Monk who opts to disable foes non-lethally, restrain them securely with ropes, manacles and, if necessary, gags, and take them to a prison where they can face justice.

Villains who will capture the heroines, bind and gag them, then lock them in cells. They are fully aware how dangerous and resourceful PCs can be.

Instances where the party has to either rescue a captive female NPC, or kidnap one.

Is it magical realm if everyone in the campaign is dwarf?

Here's a short catalogue of my major fetishes
>Gentle femdom
>Muscular women (especially with nice abs)
>Powerful women/women in leadership positions
>Officewear (especially pencil skirts, high heels and pantyhoses/stockings)
>Older woman/younger man dynamics
>Provider wife/househusband dynamics

Here's how I'd implement them into a campaign.
First off, it's an anime-style anachronistic medieval setting. This means that knights are not so much nobility as they are trained professional soldiers, and when not on the battlefield they wear dress uniforms. For women that would naturally include blazers, dress shirts, pencil skirts, pantyhoses and stockings (much like in our modern day militaries, nothing explicit). The army would be led by a veteran knight in her mid/late 30s who just happens to be female. As is befitting of her career she's both tall and somewhat muscular. She's single her biological clock is ticking so hard you can hear it on the other side of the royal palace and generally has a preference for slender, younger boys because they're cute and easier to keep in line. This won't become explicit unless the players start trying to romance her of their own volition, which is when she'll turn the tables and gender roles on them.

Her place in the campaign would probably be the primary questgiver. She's the highest ranking military personnel in the nation and has close ties to the king and potentially a crush on the young crown prince, so it's plausible enough. I'd say that's SFW enough to be presented to an underage player without legal problems.

What do you guys think?

no

>All of those
>Officewear (especially pencil skirts, high heels and pantyhoses/stockings)

True Love exists

She's just a loli vampire that the party does jobs for.

No need to go to any great lengths or grand schemes to hide. Just don't mention how much of a horndog she is.

>"It's made in my motherland"
>Empty glass
Is this a Soviet vampire showing an American GI her national cuisine?

kek
Nanashi is really a 4D Chess player.

I have pregnancy fetish - I don't need to hide it even, if my players want there characters to have kids I will go and say "Roll d100, pick high or low" Then I confirm with them if they like the result and from there I will go and make up duration for pregnancy for that race, number of kids and so on.

A Cult of Shub-Niggurath crops up in the local hospital's maternity ward. Add in copious amounts of gore, filth, ancillary body horror, and women screaming for death. Boom, done. No one would guess that I'm not even hiding my fetishes, they're literally all right there in the open. The boons of having your fetishes come out of watching too many horror films at a young age.

Ah, the pleasures of having fetishes grow out of horror movies.

No it's dwarf fortress

Oh....I had that one in my game....it's a bit off when GM puts that into the game as a problem...

I think she's Polish actually.

>it's common knowledge that spells often need verbal and somatic components, so prisoners with magical abilities are usually bound and gagged

this
my favorite was my character kicked the shit out of an incubi, (my gm loves his fucking tables) and found his succubus wife, and the relationship started. It really started out just as fuck buddies, but it blossomed into a nice romance, and after one of the up and ups in hell died (partly entirely due to the party) she was next in line to take that office, and my character retired with her

Supreme taste.
It would be hard for me to contain my enthusiasm to do her requests if my DM did that.

>trying to create a female milf character based on vore/absorption

this is tough

personal opinion?

1) nah, just coincidence as long as that's all there really is to it

2) nah, your friend is just weird

3).....maybe? probably not I guess but I can kind of see it if you knew

4) It's like comparing a violent manga to a gore tagged doujin. They both mostly show the same thing but one is meant to be horrifying which interests and scares the audience, while the other tries to show the grossness of it in an almost sexual way, which is just off putting. It really just depends on how you try to present it.

I agree...It's not my thing but when I had bunch of npc witches in a prison all were in chains or ropes and had cloth over there maw (as they were gnolls, lizardfolk, kobolds and so on, you can't really gag them)

MaiestaRPG Exists...granted it's also pregnancy fetish game, but predator can eat people

Not even magical realm, just pure taste
keep being patrician as fuck user

God dammit. Horror movies, comics, books, and even fucking video games get to play MY primary fetish for shock value and I can't? I feel robbed.

What the players hear: "As you enter the hall of the Sun Elf queen, you stride past a line of spear-wielding guards and end before her throne. The elven monarch is a true champion of her people, adorned with golden ornaments and jewels as well as the traditional tattoos and scars, imperious despite her advanced pregnancy. She looks at you with eyes that seem to stare into your very soul, and then speaks, her voice filled with ancient strength and bone-deep surety."

What the DM's notebook says: "Because of how Sun Elves restrict access to the elixir that lets them reproduce without men, those who prove their worth and become queens are typically constantly pregnant, producing litter after litter who will join the city-state's hunters and work their way up the ranks from the bottom."

Does this pass the "hidden magical realm" test?

Pregnant woman moves from petty crime to outright shadowrunning to earn a big enough nest egg within the next 9 months to cash out and live a normal life.

Well I did not even use magic in my game, then again mine was less magical realm and more case of scary as hell race found everywhere - lizardfolk off shoot that were giant asexual amazons

So guys...wanna play together some time seeming as we share a taste?

That one really depends on your tone of voice.
The phrasing is as non-sexual as it gets, the description is perfectly natural and, while a lot of people on here might get triggered by this, I don't think anyone in real life would care if you weren't obviously getting worked up about it.
If she then turned clean on to being a questgiver and no more mentions were made of her being pregnant, any suspicion would probably be completely absolved.
As long as you don't act like an autist about it, it's probably a pass.

people can undergo a ritual to unlock their true magical/physical potential, causing the person to transform into a beast (Dragon for mages, Werewolves for barbarians, Avians for clerics ec.)

So where is the magical realm? All I see is a ritual idea worth stealing

Furries please go and stay go

Everyone in the world is undead.

The BBEG is a necromancer.
All the PCs are necromancers.

Done.

I have necrophilia but only for very decomposed human corpses. My current players are not only aware of this but enjoy my descriptions of death so much that they all picked at least one spell that deals necrotic damage in our current campaign.

Every realm is my magical realm.

Let me test out some stereotypes.
Are you one or more of the following nationalities: Finnish, Greek, Italian, Brazilian, Rumanian, Mexican, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish or Russian?

I dont like that horror movie flavor of the fetish tho.

I'm an American, many generations back, but my ancestors hail from France, Russia, Poland and Czechoslovakia

I built my worldbuilding setting around this. The rule of magic is form over function. The more functional something is, the less likely it is to be magical and vice versa. Therefore it's superior to use magic while barefoot, and footwear that still leaves them barefoot even more so. A second factor is that using magic can make you heat up, so it's also more comfortable to not wear shoes (This also explains the classic wizard outfit of loose robes and a tall hat that's like a pointy chef hat) In addition disease and such is mainly magical in origin so germs aren't much of a problem. All of this also applies to bikini armor, but I'm actually perfectly neutral on the whole bikini armor versus realistic armor debate.

As for game you could just have a cute girl who goes barefoot for religious reasons or something. I wouldn't play that because I don't like seeing cute girls getting hurt. On the second half of the prompt, the key to subtlety is unimportance. You aren't going to have your fetish be a plot point unless it's something that's already acceptable to be a plot point like vore, giants, petrification and monster girls.

Well not horror, just pregnancy XD

It's not that hard to make a plot for a game involving that

>female posing as male to become a knight, also goes the whole mile with chivalry
ez

Sure, hit me up with an email then.

Well then we will see if this had been a good day on Veeky Forums

>ITT, try to conceal your own fetish in a natural-seeming, non-explicit setting element or character concept that's conducive to roleplaying, setting depth and character development/a long-lasting game.
Why tho. The board is full of threads doing exactly this anyway. Unless this is supposed to be some sort of false flag operation, in which case neck yourself.

It's odd rise of things on Veeky Forums which I do not mind, these people do more creative work them most folk who just complain about stuff, so it's an improvement

>It's odd rise of things on Veeky Forums

That I will agree was not best way to put it....

But user, people who like smut can't be creative!

Monstergirls. I like monstergirls.

My current character is one, but it's alright, because our GM made a monsters country/continent somewhere in the world setting anyway.
She is a harpy, but it works because our team honestly needs somebody who can fly over gaps and spy on people talking in big towers.
And I don't magical realm the character. She's played mostly straight, aside from the dumb bird-related jokes I spout out in entertaining company.
The character is protective of younger NPCs for backstory reasons, and it works when the GM introduces a shitload of NPCs who are in their teens and 5 of them are constantly shat on by their friends or destiny itself.

But at the end of the day, the guys I play with already know I like monstergirls anyway. This point is entirely moot.

Ehh...that is bullshit, most of good art is smut...People who make it are artist...so you say people who made most master peaces lack talent?

Papi a shit.

This is what Veeky Forums actually preaches.

Papi is not the best, but definitely not a shit.

The character is modeled more after Harpie Queen anyway.

Stupidest thing ever seeing as best things Veeky Forums ever made was made by those people

There's crossdressing twinks at brothels.
My fettish is crossdressing twinks and prostitution

Kek

As part of the courting process, a couple will draw patterns on each other's hands that make a matching pattern when they interlock their fingers.

The concept of true love is encouraged and celebrated in this culture, so the streets are filled with couples, young and old, holding hands as they walk along the street. Florists are a huge part of the economy, as young men and women buy their partners beautiful flowers almost daily. Each season has a particular type of flower that is in vogue, and one can tell what season it is just by looking at the flower adornments in people's hair or frock or shirt collars and the like.

Wars between nations have declined in recent years, as marriages across geographical and cultural borders have increased.

Public displays of affection are the norm, to the point where cities and towns have come to pride themselves on public parks and benches and greenery where young couples relax or serenade each other.

Popular dances incorporate complicated handholding, and a couple's fingers touching and dancing with each other are sometimes more intricate and nuanced than the actual dancing. Lighthearted whimsical dances feature lots of light touches and wide flourishes that end with fingertips touching each other, while the more dramatic dances feature tight clasping of hands while they spin around and build momentum and swing together.

People who are single are teased a bit, in good fun, but more importantly are encouraged. A person who is single is seen as potential, and parents and elders try to equip them with the knowledge of courtship and being a good spouse.

When the party arrives in this strange land, everyone is friendly and help them with whatever business they have. If the party is helpful and appear to be good people, they're invited to this month's feast where young single people attend to meet other singles, and some young men and women will approach them to dance.

Delete this.
Delete all of this before I tell mods.