/RGT/ - Robinhood general thread

New year nothing changed edition

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Other urls found in this thread:

share.robinhood.com/davida282
fool.com/investing/2017/12/19/intels-ceo-just-sold-a-lot-of-stock.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for 2018, fuck off David

share.robinhood.com/davida282

DPW halted, what does this mean?

Nm halted on name change to DPW holdings.

No stock traders awake yet wtf?

GCAP
SSC

How the F do I pick a good stock before it pumps???

Luck

Was totally wrong about my speculation that gold had formed a top at the end of last week.

Weakness in the dollar index is allowing for the precious metals to rally extremely strongly.

But I also suspect it's also due to shorters (like me) getting trapped and having stops triggered which is significantly adding to the constant upward bias. That, in combination with heavy momentum buying.

I'm unaware of any short-term fundamental factors which could be causing such extreme movements in the dollar index and gold. This leads me to believe that it's simply buyers who are heavily in control of how the gold market is moving, and it'll only stop once they've met targets.

Gold is extremely stretched on the daily time frame, imo.

If you are bullish on gold, do be careful. I know only too well (while holding long positions) how easily gold can fall, once the Dollar pops upward.

out of the loop, why every day in this thread, someone says fuck off david... because my name is david as well. FUCK....

here to shill.

srra & igc...
have you see what kind of gains they've had the past 3 months?

try them out while they're cheap.

$1-$4

recommend buy-ins @ $3.00-3.20
and .80-90

anybody here still talking about AMRS?

we long for it

Should I short treasury bonds?

Who decided to ride CNSL with me?

10 year treasuries tend to fall in price on the expectation/release of good economic data, so you could follow some economic calendar to keep an eye on that for your decision making

10yr's seem to currently be on a downtrend, so you'd have some momentum on your side

Expecting a pop in MARA

I was looking at sticking a grand in TBT and waiting till next year.

I have 10k shares. Not sure which is worse. Waiting for Amy to happen or trying to play with crypto.

>this coin has no product or service and it moons
>this coin has potential and it tanks.

what's the RAD call? sell today for small profit or hodl through earnings gamble tomorrow?

Be the one who pumps it, duh.

Actually AMRS is looking awesome right now, if this hits 4.00 with some volume it can fly.
Good time to get in people

ITS ALREADY UP 5%

whats your point?
you guys need to learn some TA.

Oh shit, here we go.

on that sort of time horizon, you'd have to pay close to attention to what the fed is doing

theoretically, with the upcoming rate hikes, longer-term treasuries may experience some level of price drop

but also pay attention to the mentioning of the "flat" yield curve. Prices for short term treasuries were recently dropping (due to the fed selling short-term treasuries, which increases short-term interest rates to help control inflation), while longer-term treasuries' prices were rising (funds/overseas buying longer-term treasuries to gain access to higher yields and construct certain types of bond portfolios) - overall causing the yield curve to flatten.

But yeah, it could be a good idea, so long as you keep an eye on your technicals and manage risk

Man I just dont have enough capital to make a significant amount of money

I don't know how to do TA on stocks, only shitcoins ;(

TA bud, volume and the gap up set up

$4.00 it is, nigga

>AMRS
Is today the day?

>(funds/overseas buying longer-term treasuries
*(funds/overseas buyers buying longer-term treasuries

Enjoy, lads.

I have a bunch of it, so probably not. The universe hates me.

AMRS is creating some good support at 4.00, another good time to load up.

i saved 20,500 using robinhood

Why is AMRS going up? I can't find any news. Should I dump my options?

XXII on the runup

Haven't been here awhile. Is there no longer shilling for NAK and PTN memes?

NAK being held in the back pocket for long term

PTN is long dead

Because the tech is undervalued. Shorts trying to get out. I’m never selling this DARPA tech.

in 20k myself.
couldn't agree more.
and as a TA guy, the TA is lining up pretty beautifully for some massive gap ups.

You all have one month to accumulate as much MCB as possible. Next month is earnings and they will reveal how much money they have been making as the bank for coinbase.

I agree. Its got that up trend and money making mega-phone pattern.

Can someone do TA on KOSS, TEUM, and CYTX? They look like good trade but I am not positive

Guys, help. X just shot up, a bunch of guys like seeking alpha just rated it as a good buy. I feel like it's at the top. Would I be crazy to sell this today or tomorrow? It tends to take a few days of +2-3% and then sink a day or two at -5%.

your a bagholder

Sure am

buy BGFV dip

NAK about to break some resistance and might hit 1.90 today

Yes, buy the 'dip'

I hurt my self today. I bought the JDST at the 48.60 and it's going down. It's just going through an accumulation phase right?

Canadian weed up pretty well across the board today. One notable shift in volume i have seen the past several trading days; pharmaceutical companies focusing on thc and cbd extracts are underperforming the growers and supplies (grow equipment, vapes, greenhouse construction) companies. Extract lab companies will make another run at some point but i've shifted portfolio away from those for the time being.

Sell all or half but definitely sell.

Who told me to buy this?? It's going up, r-right??

today was a terrible day to buy JDST. I have about 600 shares of JNUG

just watch... this is going to be such easy money, I don't understand the hate. maybe you are a real fun person in real life, I doubt it tho

holding EVIO POTN MYDX RSII

Reminder RAD earnings are tomorrow! Play at your own risk

thanks just bought 10000 shares

Its only 1% what are you panicking about

Wat. Plz no. You really shouldn't

I don't know if you guys were here for last night's alert, but basically intel is fucked. See:

I went all in $AMD when the market opened, and I plan on holding it until the embargo is over. That's when the real gains will happen.
Good luck, lads.

Also, one of the most damning pieces of information from those threads: fool.com/investing/2017/12/19/intels-ceo-just-sold-a-lot-of-stock.aspx
>intel ceo sells off millions of his personal stock (not including exercising his options), only keeping the absolute minimum required to stay CEO

Wait so we should short intel?

Update: Alliance Growers Corp (ACG) broke out and in orbit. Up 54%. Taking out partial profits now.

in 19k in AMRS as well, heavy hitters in this thread. Give me much more confidence.
Shit if everyone in here listened to us, we'd have such an enormous short squeeze wed all be rich.

robinhood doesn't let me short, so i'm buying up AMD

You haven't posted anything worthwhile in 6 months faggot

Also, download Think or swim and Buy TWMJF
Awesome buy for weed, I bought in at 14 a few weeks ago, up to 25 already.

Where is that guy said that spex was going up last week? It's going down right now.

Also, this is a good point, good psychological support at 4.00, and TA support strengthening as well, good time to load up.

Pick a stock/company you know, educate yourself more about them, if you think they are good and have a good plan for the future then invest

Worst thing to do

Fuck off David, happy new year

I told you the other thread that shit is going to the lower sixes

Nobody wants your shitty sports chain

one nigger says anyone talking about amrs. few seconds later amrs nigger shills show up talking about it. they talk about ta but never actually go into any actual detail about what sort of technical analysis there using. fuck off and kill yourself.

If the anons here actually knew about the tech, then they'd be smart to invest. I wish some of the cryptofags would bring their profit to AMRS.

>you don't need TA with AMRS when the tech is undervalued and sweetner news is about to drop. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention DARPA?

can you please shill me more on AMRS? I'd like to learn more about it
also, is anybody following WWR (formerly URRE)?

Good idea to accrue dividend paying mine stocks over the year? How does AUY look? Thinking of just accruing over the year and holding then using my Schwab account to day trade penny stocks for possible daily gains.

I told you guys about the money making mega-phone pattern that has formed. Look at the chart man. This company is a ticket to lambo land.

you AMRS faggots said the sweetner news was coming out laat earnings call

fuck off with your shitty stock

I'm not in AMRS, try again sweaty

Just do some TA on this thing, there's a binary event coming by May, and this thing is just going to be steady gains from here.

No, only idiots said that.
the other ones of us who are all in about 20k plus are saying its going to be a great year starting with the next ER.

I did give minimal details on the TA, mentioned the building support, mentioned the gap ups. You can see it yourself.
not going into details in a thread where no one knows what im talking about.

This has got to be my best trading day all year so far.

>follow several index funds
>yesterday's YTD returns were 20%
>today they all became 1%
wtf, Veeky Forums? Where did all my money go? Did I get scammed?

Anyone here on the MU train? I bought right before close on Friday.

man CAD weedstocks up 100% since November, suprised not many guys here talked about it or did I completely miss the boat?

JCP - AMD - X is the new holy trinity for 2018

A regular Chevy Chase over here

What’s /rbg/s favorite blue chip?

also, what degenerate gamble play are y’all up to his week?

We don't play blue chips, we put all our chips on memes.

TTWO
ATVI

Should have put all my savings in these companies after gta4 and cod4. Didn't and now I'm still a wagecuck.

Wait should I sell my Watson because of this intel fuck up, or that nigga going to beat the market this year?

Of 2017? Amazon delivered the tendies all year. Of 2018? Not sure but I've been eyeing Ford.

I have a position in Ford, hasn't been the most thrilling ride. I'm still in it though.

MCD