Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/:

Codex: Legions of Xenos edition

Discussion: Thousand Sons coming next.
Imperial Soup strong as ever!
>that one fic where a TS Sorcerer turns a SW commander into a cute wolf girl

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/22/faction-focus-the-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme/Commentary
youtube.com/watch?v=GDs67k-v698

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/vWajG
1d4chan.org/wiki/Thousand_Son_and_Guardswoman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for the Hive Mind!

First for the 40k player stereotype

Second for nid cancer is best cancer

Xth for wearing different shoulderpads and calling yourself a terminator.

nth for I'm just starting to get into the hobby

>starting
I recommend Grand Alliance: Imperium.

6th that orks can't do math.

Sounds like slaaneshfags, degenerates worthy of expulsion the lot of them

Is a plus 2 for psychic test stratagem worth it on smite? Or is it better saved for high WC spells?

nth for what army you thinkin?

i recommend what said and that you pick cute beep boops

n+1th for shitty photodump of LCO at the weekend

imgur.com/a/vWajG

if you really, really need to kill something I guess
And have the CP to spare

I was thinking of buying the start collecting ad mech box, looks like its got some good bits

Looks like we agree, I like the look of the models but can you tell me why they're good?

do you really need to kill something that has 1 wound left?
If not, that it's not worth it on smite.

First for genestealer cults are too an independent army now, stop telling me otherwise
(By the way can I borrow your flyrants and a shadowsword for the tourney coming up)

Well if you can combo it with something it increases your d6 chance substantially.

xth for looking nothing like a mug

Rate my admech man. Tell me how to paint them so they aren't so bland and boring.

I dunno about you guys but I think these blue boys look fantastic
A different shoulder mount could be nice but either way

please thin those paints

that terminator has had it's ball joint torso trimmed to appear shorter. these two red lines are the same size.

Rate my 1500 Tyranid list faggots.

++Battalion Detachment (Kraken)++

Broodlord (162)
- Psychic power: The Horror
>Helping Genestealers get an early charge

Hive Tyrant (199)
- Wings
- 2 pairs of Scything talons
- Adrenal glands & Toxin sacs
- Relic: Chameleonic mutation
- Warlord trait: Adaptive biology
- Psychic power: Catalyst
- Psychic power: Psychic scream
>Going for a turn 2 charge, psychic scream + smite to snipe heroes with 3++

X12 Genestealers (144)
>Turn 1/2 charge

X12 Genestealers (144)
>Turn 1/2 charge

X20 Termagaunts (80)
- Fleshborers
>Back/Mid-field objectives

X30 Termagaunts (240)
- Devourers
>Joining Trygon and popping the shoot twice stratagem for 180 S4 shots

X20 Gargoyles (120)
>Fly around grabbing objectives/Bog down shooty units

Trygon (173)
- Adrenal glands
>Drop gaunts near a big infantry unit, then charge something big

Tyrannofex (238)
- Rupture cannon
>Shoot T7/8 units

The terminator in your comparison image is the same size as the one in the other, it's just the grey one doesn't have it's shoulderpads on.

Either way, terminators are tiny, same size as other Custodes at best.

Why you keep posting this?

Shit, that's why it looked so weird when I saw it in this and the last thread
I didn't even realize that the shoulder pads were off

Thats hot.

I think its because the other guy keeps posting his picture as well

How do I get paint off a model? I'm a retard who can barely paint.

The tism. Pic related

white spirit and craft knife

Why do terminators auto mean taller? I always thought it just meant thicker/tougher Armour.
Because the other user keeps posting their bullshit image.

admech is a balenced army imo, not crazy op like nid, but not complete shit like crons or orks. in the SC box you get the dominus who is hq tax besides enginseer. has decent guns an regens wounds so he's quite tanky just dont let him use that axe. troops are quite nice for the price. rangers are cheaper with 30" guns. best taken in 5 man squads with 2 snipers to put in cover and camp objectives. vanguard have neat assault 3 cancer guns which deal 2D on sixes. can sometimes pop wounded tanks due to this if there is nothing else to shoot. crab tank is the shit with neutron lasers and are your main tank killing shit. it's a lascannon but better and lets you take an extra stubber. we also have chicken walkers which are neat, 1950s robots which can wreak shit and super cool rules in the form of canticles.

here was a pic of his army at NWO last year, dont know his performance back then but i think he came 4th this time around with sisters, assassins and ultramarines

Urine.
>tfw Aquilon are still bigger and bulkier boys than the new virginators
Feels good man

memes

But also genuine advice, lots of thin coats > one thick coat

Are those Scout counts-as? Either way, interesting use of Scions

POINT AT THEM, YOU FOOLS!
POINT AT THEM HARDER!
SHAME THEM INTO NON-EXISTENCE!

$8 btw

I'm glad of glad that despite ordering the Super Expensive Custoades dex that i'm waiting >2 weeks before buying any models for them because i want those FW models in my army

Those Dreads are the sex
Until then Shadow Realm Orruks it is

Not really, you're gambling on getting the 9+ which is still unlikely. Use it to get the important shit off.

Thin your paints.

You have too much paint on your brush when you highlight it. aim to just cover the tip of your brush, then wipe excess onto your thumbnail, this will help make your highlights much thinner.

Thin your paints

Do you use a wet pallet? lookup how to make one as its utility in keeping paints wet is immeasurably useful, especially for finding that perfect consistency for THINNING YOUR PAINT.

But besides than user, the color scheme is good, and you're doing a good job with the shade paints.

Thin your paints.

Cheers for the write up, good to know the models are as good as they look cool. Been reading the rule book this week, I will buy the codex next week and then hopefully some paints and models in the weeks that follow

Doesn't look thick to me?

Games Workshop.
Moar liek Gay Workshop, amirite?

So do any of the thousand sons know they were fucked over by Horus and not the emperor?

Post daemon prince conversions. Seen some good shit around.

You can get away with calling anything a DP if it looks beastly and fits on the base honestly.

yeah i know this now user. painted that like a year ago and just found it, and wanna continue the army. also luckily i figured out what the fuck i was doing wrong in that time

Pity they look like shit. I hate the massive rounded shoulders. Still love FW gold though.

No, but they sure love having sex with cute Tzaangor girls!

Who is the girl?

the codex is in the mega in the op post, give it a read and see if you like it before you commit.

Red King Homo

Isopropyl alcohol (you can get it at computer parts shop, its usually used to wipe down screens and stuchlike).

Submerge the model in a container with a lid and leave it somewhere warm for a few hours/a day. The lid is important as the stuff will evaporate like nobody's business, which is a waste and smells unpleasant.

Once the paint looks all crinkly, the model outside and scrub it with an old tooth brush. if there is still some paint in the crevices, repeat the process. Once the alcohol becomes black from paint bits, swap it for fresh stuff.

NOTE: do NOT do this with Resin models. Plastic and metal are fine, but it'll make resin soft, which means the scrubbing will likely destroy some of the fine details.

most of the thousand sons don't know anything, because they got dusted

Why is the space wolves codex getting delayed so much?

Are they waiting to release it with some furry primarch?

I would assume Maguns, Ahriman and some of the higher ups who are still alive do

What's the consensus on the new beast of nurgle model? Everyone at my FLGS seems to hate him and I don't know why. He's hella cute.

Is it just not GRIMDARK enough? Personally I've always hated that term (my main army is Orks because they remind me of Muppets).

Already did but theres nothing like having the book in front of me IRL to get me to really read it properly

it’s from a story
1d4chan.org/wiki/Thousand_Son_and_Guardswoman

While I disagree I respect your opinion. I think they look better in person than they do in pictures, strangely enough
I love my bulky bois. Shame I broke bits off while cleaning them since I'm not that used to working with resin

i just aquired 60 mark 3 marines and 10 tartaros Termis, how should i build them ?
I plan to play 2 5 man squads as company veterans with bolter and chainsword, but i dont know about the others.
I also have acces to a big bots box, so giving them new weapons is possible...
I play Blood angels by the way and i also started every sentence with I for some reason

Fuck off Nurgle
You stinky daemon

Forgot pic

I quite like the model, I think it has a bit of that "Nurge is a happy chappy" thing about it

Its more in line with the slightly sillier tone of mordern nurgle releases , personally i really like it, but taste is subjective, and people hate change

If I recall correctly, when Ahriman killed a Runepreist during the Burning, some of the info was transported to him via some weird warp shit

The fluff says they’re, literally, happy retards, always trying to hug people to death. The goofy happy face head suits it just fine.

Ah ok, thanks.

the problem is it's totally monopose

simple green also works well.
Will also say that the amount and type of paint matters.
I've done this on models I've painted and 99% of the paint was gone after a days soak a bit of work with a tooth brush.
Tried it on some painted stuff I got off ebay repeated multi day soaks and scrubs still had a lot of paint left.

some of them pointed too hard

I sat on my tray with a few on, instantly stood up and trod on them, this was after i glued them back together

gonna get the bionic arm from the cadian command squad for him

Too humanoid, a BEAST of Nurgle should look like a mangy diseased predator, not a sluggy boi

Seconded. Its also, by the look of it, a real pain to make it anything buy monopose

Whilst we are on the subject, what the hell were they thinking with the new plauge marine kit? its basically mono pose, and requires a LOT of effort to make it anything but. Iyts so damn frustrating

it's okay, but I've seen lots of kitbashes and conversions that are better, and the one I've seen in the FLGS said it was pretty easy to do.

Automail and the Blue Pointers

Isnt the idea that most nurgle deamons are made in the grandfathers image (hence GUO, nuglings and some of the plauge beaerer heads)

>Orkstodes

A bunch of scions walk into the bar and point at your girl's ass, what do you do?

This seems to be an issue with MOST of the nurgle stuff, actually. Were they just too focused on making stuff covered in detail to allow posing?

sit and watch them die to 1s and 2s because she played hard to hit

yeah, model paints are easy to strip... but if the previous owner used something not designed for miniatures, or that was enamel-based.... may the emperor help you.

The only reason I'd steer clear of simple green or dettol is the fact they have a distinctive smell that has a tendency to linger on the model after the scrubbing. I have a friend who have a couple of restored second-hand basilisks... and I can smell what army I'm facing as soon as he opens his carry case. But that might just be because the stuff soaked into the inside of the hulls.

RUAAAAGH SOMEONE ELSE BIDDED TO NIB PRICE AGAIN!

JUST BUY THE THING FROM GW!

>horse cock hair
Fucking why?

Is this what you use to get paint off monitors? I paint at my computer desk and got some ink on my screen when I was getting back into warhammer

It’s the guy hosting the auction to take in more dosh, you mongoloid.
He’s trying to scam you.

It's full price for a monopose model that should be sold in groups of 3 for the point cost.

Like I think the 3 set of them cost 120 dollars and that's like 90 points of dudes. And they're not even that good.

never had to try it, but considering it's used to clean monitors AND strip minis paint, logic would suggest you should be able to de-paint your monitor...

there are people who want more detailed models.
And it's easier to add value, and thus cost, with detail than it is to do the same with possibility.

Honestly, for people who love custom modeling, for nurgle you don't really need new models for a lot of the stuff.
The nurgle look is the easiest to achieve with greenstuff and bits.

because it's a beast of nurgle? they always have noodle hair

nah dude it's my model and i over did it especially with the highlights.

Allowing for customization and posability is hard. It's a lot easier to just slap more details on it.

THE NURGLINGS ARE SO NUMEROUS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO ORDER SPECIFIC ONES

Is that nurgling flipping the bird?

it's the inside of the hull, if you rinse thoroughly with water, then let dry and air the scent goes away.

Worked a while as a janitor, so I got to know simple green pretty well.

Is problem is he probably got it inside, didn't rinse, and then keeps them packed away so they can't degas.

>That nurgling flipping the bird
Adorable.

I'll pass that advice on to him next time I see him. It's not awful, mostly amusing.

I quite like this shade of green used on the marines here.

>what the hell were they thinking with the new plauge marine kit?
I didn't mind it so much. With the box, starter and easy to build set, you have enough "unique-ish" bodies for two squads.

But I won't get more than one beast of nurgle, despite liking the goofy slug dog look a whole bunch.