Now that its been a bit

Now that its been a bit.

Stat him, in your favorite system. How well would he fit as an NPC in your game/Setting? If a player wanted to play him, how would you react?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dc_A0z3g0FA5mgjcmtrXkS-RrsM7n2YS7XTU1V9hUWo/htmlview#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he is a very precise character from a very precise legend.

IDK if any player could just pull him off on any setting the DM is cooking.

Love link btw.

It's all about getting a close-enough approximation of his skillset, and ultimately, regardless of which Link you pick, he has a big toolbox with a lot of options available to him.

Like any pre-established character, it's fine if you play an ersatz version of him, as long as they legitimately fit within the context of the setting and the system. Playing a "destined hero of legend and the embodiment of courage," while hammy, could work if done well, but outright playing Link transplanted into the setting doesn't work.

Depends on which version, or an amalgamation of all.

>D&D5e
Literally every ranger
inb4 don't play 5e

BotW link is probably some kind of ranger

OoT link is definitely a valor bard, though

Let's list the things he has going on.

Every Link has mastery over every weapon he can get his hands on.
Most Links have the Master Sword, something that can both destroy and seal evil.
Link is the most courageous person in Hyrule whenever he's chosen by the Triforce of Courage, meaning he has some level of fearlessness

And that's pretty much it. He might have more abilities depending on the game, but those 3 apply to nearly every Link (though the Master is the least prevalent, considering it's only in 10 out of 18 games).

So paladin yeah?

Not every Paladin has a sword of Evil's bane, nor does every Paladin have mastery of every weapon they can find from the get-go. Plus, most people identify Paladins by their plate armor, and no Zelda except for the Link at the beginning of Hyrule Warriors wears armor canonically (I know plate armor is available in BotW but almost everyone believes the hero shirt or the Clothes of the Wild are Link's canonic clothes).

I think he's just a fighter with a ton of magic gear

College of Blades bard.

Nah, multiclassed fighter with some levels on wizard

Multiclass of ranger and (once he gets the master sword) hexblade warlock.

Most of his abilities are due to dogged courage, willpower, and magic items. Otherwise he's not exceptional in terms of stats. Definitely high level though.

/Fighter 7 - Thief 7 - Magic User 6/
STR: 12
DEX: 16
CON: 17
INT: 13
WIS: 12
CHA: 15
Specialization: Longsword, Shortbow.
Proficiency: All weapons.

Here's D&D 4e Link.

The valorous bard build in 4e was based on link, so I would be fine with it.

Ok, Dex Paladin then.

Fearlessness is possessing or acknowledging no fear.
Courage is possessing and acknowledging fear, yet performing anyway.

What about Ganondorf?

He's definitely some kind of sorceror, maybe Draconic Bloodline reflavored towards demons or something. Then I guess just a few fighter levels for his martial prowess?

Of course if you're going with Smash Bros Ganondorf, you'd probably need to take some Monk levels too, but that's an entirely different beast

Does that statblock result in an auto ban now? If so, that's fucking hilarious.

Bloodrager maybe, with the Abyssal bloodline?

GURPS
Anal circumference 0.5cm (at campaign start).
Penis length: a cute 4 inches.

Some sort of Barbarian Sorcerer multiclass. Or an AntiPaladin with Sorcerer levels.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —: —

>I say I like Link
>you reply to me with a picture of the feminist murder and destruction of my hero.
why would you try to hurt me? Linkle is cursed.

why is a gender swap feminist murder?

>you reply to me with a picture of the feminist murder and destruction of my hero.
More like Omega Force tainting the series with their weeb waifu shit actually

GanonDorf is best Dorf.

There's nothing really feminist about linkle.

10 points in Tranny

Linkle is just a cosplaying Link fangirl.

Lv. ?? Hero of Time

10 ranks in HYAAA

Stop sniffing your own farts. Link is barely a character to begin with and the existence of a genderswapped version changes nothing about his canon appearances.

>almost everyone believes the hero shirt or the Clothes of the Wild are Link's canonic clothes)
Just because artists need to make choices about what to depict doesn't mean there is such a thing as a canon clothing choice. This is incredibly autistic thinking.

I bet you think BotW Link is a girl too, you idiot.

She isn't even "a" Link. She talks.

>She isn't even "a" Link. She talks.
Who
The
Fuck
Cares
You
Basement-dwelling
Nonproductive
CHUD

Clearly the one getting upset over a not-Link. Calm your tits, the game she's in isn't even canon.

I don't give a single flying fuck about Linkle.

I get spectacularly annoyed by immature fuckwits who think their fandom makes them the sole owner of any fictional creation. Go outside. Encounter other people. Get a job. You are not the center of the fucking universe.

>I get spectacularly annoyed by immature fuckwits who think their fandom makes them the sole owner of any fictional creation.
Nigga what are you even talking about? It's literally a game plot point that she's not "a" Link. Calm the calamities within your mammaries.

Nigga follow the reply chain and lrn2read.

>Clarify Linkle isn't even "a" Link
>user gets upset
Nigga are you okay in the head?

>Great evil rises again
>But there's no hero to fight him this time
>Goddesses decide they would rather FLOOD THE PLANET than let the evil take over

Sounds like the gods all right.

Yahweh-ist influences.

Again, lrn2read. That was never the point.

Strength 1
Dexterity 1
Intelligence 1
Charisma 1

Meelee 1
Ranged 2
Brawling 0
Defense 1

Hunter 2
Warrior 2
Mage 0
Alchemist 0

Lifeblood 11

Boons: Attractive
Flaws: Taciturn

perfect

I want to fuck that Link.

It is a sign of all great heroes to be able pull of dressing in drag.

The new weapons in BoTW are huge inspirations to me in how I want my high fantasy setting to look or feel.

Magic weapons that are always somewhat magical and glow like that.

this replies only confirm that you all explicitly and on you own words don't even give a shit about the character being shat on.
you just want to destroy something you could never build because of your bullshit indoctrination.
ugh.

I want to be that Link

Barbarian link is... Doing things for me.

Dat bellypaint

>Achilles
>Thor
Hmmm... Anyone else? There's probably a lot of that in mythology.

I want to fuck you while you're being that Link.

l-lewd

You are literally the only user in the thread triggered by a picture of Linkle. Explain yourself.

I am the only one born before 1990 and educated out of american or british schools and media.
the 100 replies don't even care about Link and just try to force me to conform to the feminist bullshit just like you are doing.

You truly think out of ALL the people that visit this website, all of the people posting in this thread, let alone lurking, that you're the only American or British person born before 1990? You're got to be fucking stupid to truly believe that. The again, you'd have to be an idiot to believe that Linkle is femanist propaganda trying to "indoctrinate" or "conform" you to some parameter that serves the nefarious femanist plot for world domination.

Not everything is some Illuminati conspiracy, desu. Just try to fucking calm down and lay off the caffeine, or meth, or whatever it is that has you so high-strung and paranoid.

Lol really shitty bait, dude. You're not even trying.

If you're that lonely, just try talking like a person. It's not that hard.

Uhng, that armor.

>the nips
>feminism
lmao

Dude it's so ugly.

If anything Linkle is explicitly anti-feminist

Linkle, the only female to attempt to take up the role of the hero of time, is explicitly not Link. In fact, she's basically treated as a crazy fangirl by the lore. Link CANNOT be female, and Linkle proves this

Here, it's probably too late in the thread as it is, but here's someone's attempt at converting the majority of BotW to the Genesys RPG:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dc_A0z3g0FA5mgjcmtrXkS-RrsM7n2YS7XTU1V9hUWo/htmlview#
The cooking mechanics are the most interesting thing in the supplement, but on the whole, it's not bad if you're looking to run a Zelda-esque campaign. Hell, the majority of the stuff needs very little tweaking if you want to run a more traditional version of the games.

Not Wizard, Artificer

Link can't use magic without magic items

listen millenials, I dont give a shit about your complete bullshit excuses for quotas like the female Thor.
Link was a unique character just as legend of zelda and Zelda herself are unique things that I wish you didn't diarrhea all over, I know your SJWs peabrains and short attention spams will do it anyway, but at least save the old fans from having to watch you diarrhea on their favorite things.

now fuck off.

Linkle isn't female Link.
It's his sister from one of the incarnations.
Link had family members sometimes, like a father in Link to the Past and a blacksmith grandfather in Minish Cap.

And she's from a non-mainline game anyway.

I wouldn't want a female Link as much as I wouldn't want a male Zelda, but extended family is fair game. Impa is almost always an old woman, but in HW she was a sexy young warrior and that's okay too.

Don't bring Whor into this.

See, you're not even funny about it though. I mean, pea brains and millennials? It doesn't even work as irony.

But I said that Linkle is Omega Force TAINTING the series with weeb waifu SHIT

>I wouldn't want a female Link as much as I wouldn't want a male Zelda
I honestly think male Zelda is a dumber idea than female Link.

Well, Link is already best girl anyway.

Why not a pdf?

Demise and his incarnations are horrible, horrible things when they start gaining a foothold, user. As in, "Unholy flames that burn away Time Itself" levels of Bad. The Goddesses response was wholly justified there.

Boop

Herakles crossdressed to infiltrate the amazons in some versions of the twelve labours

aLttP - Figher with maxed UMD
OoT - Bard
BotW - Rogue (how many other Links get massive sneak-attack bonuses?)

>Demise and his incarnations are horrible, horrible things when they start gaining a foothold
I will never forgive SS for that garbage origin story for... well everything
The mastersword is retroactively shit, Zelda is retroactively shit, Ganon(dorf) is retroactively shit, and any game that acknowledges SS annoys me to no end (fucking Sheikah ninja scientists mystical monks worshipping that fat bitch Hylia. Fucking Zora and Rito worshipping Hylia. Fucking Gerudo worshipping Hylia. SS not only tainted Zelda, she apparently tainted every other race's religions too)

High Concept: Courageous and Stoic Adventurer
Trouble: Hunted by the Monsters of the World
Other Aspects
Master of Glass Weapons
Expert Climber
Amnesiac from 100 Years Ago

Refresh: 3

Good (+3) Clever
Fair (+2) Forceful Flashy
Average (+1) Quick Careful
Mediocre (+0) Sneaky

Stunts:

The Sword of Evil's Bane. You can spend a Fate point to have the master sword's light restored when you need it. For the rest of the scene, you can make Flashy attacks with Weapon 3.
Master Climber: You get +2 to Forecful Overcome attempts to climb anything.
Silence is Golden: You can convince people to aid you without saying a word. There is no increased difficulty for nonverbal communication.

>user doesn't even know the same game features seagull-chan defeating large swathes of enemies in single combat

Have any one you ever done a "dream episode" in one of your campaigns?