In a historical fantasy campaign set around a medieval era...

In a historical fantasy campaign set around a medieval era, how do you justify a party where the PCs come from multiple nations?

Hard mode: Not merchants or mercenaries

they're all part of the same crusade

fuck you honda civic i have horse outstide

United by faith

Exiles from being on the wrong side of a civil war. Requires them to be at least a little noble

King Arthur's Knights of the Round table where there just so badass that together they form an order of badassitude.
In the medieval days a team of English, German, and French Knights all on the same side would be considered the same level of diverse as your picture OP, in fact more-so.

And honestly, if the English had known about like, Japanese Samurai they would have been like "They sound kind of like a knight. Throw one in there too"

> meeting on pilgrimage
> fleeing from plague, shelter in a villa together
> criminals arrested on suspicion of murder, or the people who arrive to feed them while they're there
> distant relatives of the dead lord's widow

It's not hard. Stop making it hard.

Wouldn't that make them all from the same nation, if it was a civil war?

Multiple simultaneous and devasting deep civil wars in multiple nations

Evil whatever has been smashing shit, requiring a team up of very capable orders to unite under one banner?

The PCs nations are longlasting allies united by a shared foe
Clerics, priests and other men of the faith are accepted in all nations that share their believe regardless of their origin
Adventuring/Hunting guilds established a network spanning several countries, their members can travel freely into any country they got a contract from

None of these are especially creative, but should be functional enough if you want an easy way to unite your party members

Multiple civil wars? At this time of year? At this time of peace? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within such a small geographic area?

Shame about that whole "blindboy says men with mental health problems need feminism" nonsense, because "most of the men he's talked too are apparently only sad cause they can't get a woman, which is sexist."

yes. It's a Westerosi thing

Well, I'm from Casterly Rock, and I've never heard of such a thing.

Yeah it's not exactly hard
>Soldier who managed to survive a crushing defeat by usurping the identity of a dead soldier on the enemy side and has now been sent home
>Young commander sent for special training to another country
>Young knight travels to a farwaway land to find and wed a lady he once managed to impress in a tourney

People still travelled in middle ages, and multinational parties would not be unusual for many campaign types. The average serf might be tied to their village but the folks who did travel were zipping all over the place.

The more obvious candiates would be; pilgrims, diplomats, entourage of priests/diplomats/merchants/soldiers/nobility/other wealthy travellers, scholars and students, master-craftsmen and their apprentices, people fleeing conflict, persecution or poverty/foreign settlers brought in to populate a hostile or rebellious province or following a bigwig from their country who has gained a position or title in the new country, people who live in border provinces, and the families of any of the above. You could add more with a little more research I'm sure.

Most major cities had foreign quarters and a look at things like courts, universities, high level church appointments and cathedral construction sites will reveal that multinational origins were pretty common when you move above the level of muck farming.

No no no. It's a Pyke expression

Refugee camps.

Yes its a french thing.

Burning them or being placed in one?

Fucking wonderful

Nobody said it was hard. It's a brainstorming exercise, for fun.

Asian in Europe/Middle East
>Spy for the Mongols, getting the lay of the land.
>Nestorian/East Syrian (Indian) Christian journeying to Christ's homeland or trying to reach Constantinople/Rome
>Kaifeng Chinese Jew, see above
>Chinese/Central Asian captive from Talas. Escaped en route to Spain to teach papermaking.
>Nomad from a steppe empire fleeing an intertribal war

European/Middle Easterner in Asia
>Christian Pilgrim trying to find Prestor John/reach Imperial China
Muslim Missionary trying to reach Imperial China
>Abbassid/Ottoman Engineer, hoping to learn siegework from the Chinese
>Captive taken from Kievan Rus/Novgorod as a concubine to the east. Captor may have died or been killed. Could have changed hands several times.

>At this time of peace?
That made me laugh a lot harder than I figured it would

Love the idea of captives, that's good.