How does a Space Marine put on his armor?

How does a Space Marine put on his armor?

How does he take it off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k
youtube.com/watch?v=xA9hQx-SJ5Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chapter serfs within the fortress monastery/battle barge assist him into it before battle. Almost all suits have a helmet that can be removed by the wearer too.

He doesn't.

The better question is- if we could genetically engineer superhuman paladins, why didn't we just make giants? Why stop at 8' or whatever?

People who are 8' tall can still (somewhat) use "normal people" facilities and tools, albeit with some difficulty.

Over that size and the dude can't hardly walk in a room. What good is a super-soldier that can't even walk down a hallway because the ceiling is too low?

Can't use wooden stairs

Because then they're competing against tanks and not enemy infantry,

With the help of serfs, servitors, and machines.

Isn't everything in 40K supersized?
I doubt there is a single room in 40K where space marines have trouble getting into through most of the Imperium.
Though there is one tail of a Space Marine falling through three floors of a wooden structure because he forgot how heavy he is.

There's a zipper in the back that they have the scouts undo when they go home

What if they need to scratch their ass?

They probably have an organ for it, with like 7 backup organs if the first one fails.

kek

Something like this

Ah, like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=xA9hQx-SJ5Y

First off, there's the square cube law.
Secondly, the Astartes are probably the best effective size the Emperor could make from a human before Thunder Warrior level problems started rearing their heads.

What do they wear when they're not in armor, like between missions?

>between missions
They just hibernate in their armor for the three days they get off

>How does a Space Marine put on his armor?
With the aid of a trained team.

>How does he take it off?
He won't.

Probably depends on the chapter, but I'm assuming stuff like togas and robes, since they are monks. Makes me wonder if the DA are running into battle in their pajamas though..

>the three days they get off
>Three
>Whole
>Days

The fuck kinda lackadaisical, slothful, limp-wristed Chapter are you running? Time not spent killing and dying for the Emperor is best spent training or on route for such.

I like how those 2 servitor dudes are hardwired into his wardrobe. Can't trust soulless machines to handle your consecrated armor!

>soulless machines
you get the fuck out of here with your heretical bullshit

>How does he take it off

Is there any modern pictures of Space Marines without armor?

I assume training nonstop while warp-traveling to the next battlefield is what spess marines call a vacation.

One piece at a time

Death Watch had the best art

Fall to chaos

8" is pretty much the limit of what the human body can take. According to 3rd ed Apothecary reports, Neophytes sometime outgrow their muscles and die horribly during the Ossmodula implantation.

Nice

Define "modern".
The Blood Angels comic from the Inferno days had some scenes without armor, and loose-fitting clothing was typical.

>626
agent stitch?

More importantly, once we get the inevitable female primaris marines - will the have ceramite bikinis?

The kind that doesn't fall to Khorne due to a love of violence.

Artificers with a pneumatic wrench. Pretty sure they use the most sacred bolt type, hex socketed.

The armour can be donned or put off even by a marine himself on his own. Takes roughly 15 minutes.

>How does a Space Marine put on his armor?

Piece by piece

>How does he take it off?

Vice versa

>fall to Nurgle instead because of excessive sloth
You fool no one, heretic

machines have souls?

SQUAD BROKEN!

>vice versa
>thats still piece by piece
Wdhmbt?

yes you fucking idiot

>2018
>reducing phrases to acronyms
ishygddt

What sort of stuff does a marine do in his free time one the armors off?

>This is why chaos marines are covered in spikes
>So they can help each other scratch hard to reach itches
Really puts chaos marines in perspective. Chain axes are just elaborate armor-penetrating back scratchers. Chaos sorcerers have been striving for millenia to find a way to use the warp to scratch themselves. Ahriman turned his battle brothers into dust so they would no longer have to suffer unscratchable itches.

They let serfs and slaves touch their armor? I hope each is ritualistically immolated before and after so as to not spread their mediocrity to the Space Marine in question.

Mostly training, studying their future enemies, praying to the emperor, drawing up battle plans for the next engagement, cleaning and maintaining their equipment, doing whatever freaky rituals their particular chapter has, such as the pain glove for Imperial Fists, or playing seven minutes in heaven for the Dark Angels. If they are not currently on active deployment, some of the more humane chapters might spend time indulging in their hobbies or just chilling out doing whatever, we know for instance that Salamanders sometime maintain ties with their human families and like to hang out on their home world whenever they're there.

They don't get time off. Some chapters allocate, like, fifteen minutes a day to writing letters but most discourage even that. If you're not learning how to shoot shit better or eating, you're sleeping, and even then only for around four horus.

You know I meant 'hours' but 'Horus' is ironically more appropriate.

For the fucking Emperor.

I imagine a lot of Marines have hobbies like Monks do. My Company Commander (Blood Ravens), for instance, writes Commentaries on History and has a collection of Imperial Iconography. The Company Librarian practices Horticulture.

I'd say just look at stuff Monks do and roll from there. But it will also vary by Chapter.

My dudes live on a crusade ship that is also a small city, populated by zealous remnants of fallen world's who pledged their oaths of service to my marshal.

My templars have their armour tended to by a small group of techs who live on the ship, and the armour is blessed by
scantily clad, busty priestesses before every battle.

This is my head cannon, and you cannot refute it.

HownuRU

Many chapters treat their serfs with the same respect as marines, seeing as their job would be much harder without these loyal servents.

Have the busty pristesses been inducted into the mysteries of the Omnissiah?

they fall to chaos as the itch slowly drives them to madness

Some of them yes, but most are simply civilians that were saved by the crusaders and had no where else to go, so they boarded the ship and offered their services.

My dudes recruit from their own ship, cresting their own neophytes from the volunteers/chosen men. Some of the women train for war too, and there is an overly zealous cult that dwell on the ship (think the redeemer/necromunda). The cult will follow the templars into battle sometimes but mostly they stay on the ship.

Basically my marshal believes that every imperial citizen has something to offer, and can serve if they have the required faith.

The same way PeeWee Herman makes breakfast.

If we can make skyscrapers why don't we just make dyson spheres instead?!?!?!?!

Like this

then using the serfs for it is retarded, let them do other preperation stuff instead of shaving off five minutes from the putting on of the armor.

Space Marines are a classic example of wanting your cake and eating it too: You want a knight analogue in a universe with regressive tactics and technology which thematically works to emulate historical images.

But you also want them to be absolutely perfect and tacticool and without regressive tactics, technology or even IDEAS in many cases, and no need at all for the actions and structures you're emulating.

They've got a schizophrenic dichotomy going, taking some time to pose in cool and interesting scenarios and then getting out of them saying "psych, all those scenarios can be circumvented by me without hindrance on technological, ideological or skill-dependent level, I really just do it for the cameras."

>without any regressive tactics

Are... Are we talking about the same setting here? The entire thing is regressive. Space marines all have stupid antiquated ways, that's part of 40ks charm.