Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Do you even lift? Edition.

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/22/faction-focus-the-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Video
youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ&t=0s

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

1st for fun OC HQ's

Second for chaos

apparently i missed a lot of moldlines
apart from the one on the barrel, point out any moldlines i have missed
also, how do I fix the issue?
thank you very much

>age of sigmar is beta testing ground for 8th edition
>8th edition is considered best 40k has been for a while

Does that mean AoS is pretty good? The math checks out.

4th for this is what Tau females would look like if GW could made somewhat attractive faces

>somewhat attractive
>weeb shit
keep yourself safe

fuck no, i don't think they even have fucking tits.

fucking taufag.

The only obvious one is the barrel. The obvious answer is to file them down before painting. How to fix that one though? You could try putting a panel line on it. Hide it in plain sight by making it look like that's just a place where the barrel was put together.

Tau don't have boobies, guy. They're like evolved from horses or goats or some shit.

t'au do not have sexual dimorphism, you magical realming deviant. Females are identical to males.

nth for felinids

someone say felinids?

Please help me, user, you're my only hope.

How DO they feed their children? Perhaps its like a Platypus where they don't have teats and it's just sweated out of the skin instead.

So me and a friend are putting together the "Know No Fear" set of space marines vs deathguard, and it seems that the Plague Marines are just 5 normal ones, no champion. At least none are listed as so. Doesn't the group need a Plague Champion, or do we just pick one to be the champ? As far as I can tell one of the five is a champion (just not labeled in the instructions) though I don't actually know the visual difference between a plagueknife and a plaguesword.

Also why is a plaguesword not a plague weapon in terms of rules?

They evolved from bovine creatures, bovines are mammals, mammals have tits.

>goats and horses
>don't have tits

Must be 18 to post.

FELINID SUPERHEAVY! Run!

The best way is to remove them before painting, and not to worry about chasing down every last one. Focus on areas which face upwards, since that's what you'll see on the table. Scraping with a knife works well for most projects, and they're cheap and handy, but don't hold it perpendicular to the surface. The blade will chatter along as you drag, and make a series of marks. Instead, tilt the blade so the spine is closer to the direction you're pulling the knife towards.

Fine needle files work for cracks and stuff, but at most you'll need a round and a triangular file. A file without cutting surfaces on every side will let you work right up against other faces without marking them.

S-So close to done... only 40 more to go...

Aside from that, what’re y’all up to? Seeing other people’s projects is literally all that can motivate me to paint anymore. I have fewer and fewer details for these guys, then it’s just on to the next ten swords, then all the spears, and finally Sagittarum. And then the new stuff. Woo hoo

Actually, Daemons call Shadowsun the Ice Queen and the Celestial Princess. This implies that she has regal beauty.

Also Kar'sarro Khan recognized that Shadowsun was a female by her movements. This implies boobs.

Something is wrong here. Tsons look fun from what has been spoiled so far. That can't be right. How does GW ruin it?

Actually, there is no lore that says that.

>Kar'sarro Khan recognized that Shadowsun was a female by her movements. This implies boobs.
...or it implies a lighter step.

That's such a pretty cat!

There are a lot of implications here that I don't necessarily feel like addressing. So just pretend I called you a retard and move on with your life.

>by her movements
>this implies boobs

What? Do you think he's referring to jiggling titties instead of actual feminine movements like walking and the way she carries herself?

Space Mongols really understand horses and related species

They look like bananas with ice cream shovels.

>all art featuring tau females shows no signs of any Breast tissue
>their biology would provide no support of this either
I mean at this point I’d say it’s definitely no, though considering GW knows the fan base I can see why they’re in no haste to show real female tau

Not all animals are fucking mammals user.

>tau females

How do birds feed their children user?

No matter what game/tabletop game I play I've always loved mechanized armies.
What army would be more suited for me if I were to want to start playing some 40k?

Thank you? I just realized why they always look off in pics though, the straight white lights are coming off as yellow on my iPad camera. I’ll need to fix that, no wonder they always looked weird to me when posted.

Do the swords look okay color-wise? I did Duncan’s blue Guardian spears so I wanted some callback to the old lore pictures

Green trim.
Silver inserts and highlights.
Candy apple red.
Dark Brown for the leather bits.

Patrician/10

>50 custards

For what purpose?

The design of swords is off.

>Tau have canonically short lifespan
>storyline advances 100+ years
>”uhh... they freeze themselves like Austin Powers!”
The dumbest asspull ever.

Rate my idea for what I would do if I could go back in time and be in control of 40k line development.

Remove tau for being not 40k at all and shitty.
Remove necrons and tyranids for not really being good for a miniature game.
Move kroot and many random assorted xenos like rak gol and the lizards from that one novel into the Ork faction umbrella, rename it Xenos Pirates.
Don't waste time making dumb lines for different individual chapters. Don't make a wolf rocket sled.
Make a full plastic line for lost and the damned and for arbites and other hive lads.

Split the game into Eldar, Chaos and Friends, Imperial Forces, and Xenos Pirates

Now we know what the one on the left is doing

But they were already freezing themselves in their lore well before any storyline advancements.

The thing about Tau is that we dont know shit about their life cycle except they die extremely fast compared to humans, so extrapolating from that its quite possible Tau, like many animals, are born walking and practically toddlers instead of babies so they dont require breastfeeding or special care and learn faster than humans.

Apocalypse army clearly

Cause it is a gunblade

>mammals have tits
Yeah, bud, why don't you go try tell that to a platypus and get back to me with what she thinks.

>>goats and horses
>>don't have tits
They don't you ignoramus, they have udders.

Guard

So what is their excuse for guard characters like Marbo?

>Tau, like many animals, are born walking and practically toddlers instead of babies so they dont require breastfeeding or special care and learn faster than humans

No, we have seen T'au toddlers when Ultramarine crashed into a nursery.

Incorrect on all fronts. Finish 9th grade biology before posting again.

What's wrong with large yellow-tinted guardsman near the mid-bottom? I'd say he's pretty damn good and expressive.

Pic related, glad to see others agree on the best look
Because it’s badass? I collected them a lot for 30k and saw everyone willing to sell there’s from BoP and such, so from trades and like 20$ squad purchases it just ended up that way. but more than anything just badass bodyguards.

For the user who wanted to see what a Custodes looks like next to an Aquilon terminatior

I like the implication of these numbers.

Nominate one of them to be a champion. None of them have Plague swords, but champions can just use the default plague knife too.

Plaguesword has a rule that is a superior version of the plague weapon rule, so while it doesn't make lore sense on a semantic level it checks out in-game.

>actually getting the fuckugly lightning claws
Lmao@urlife

Do you think those maggots tickle more or less than the nurgling in his stomach?

Yeah I know. Shadowsun should have died long before Roboute came back. The whole point of Tau is that they’re a race that’s moving forward. The fact that they’re making progress instead of declining is part of their schtick. Instead they’ve been using the exact same crisis suits and infantry tech for hundreds of years and have to put good commanders in the freezer because they’re incapable of training new ones. GW completely bungled the Tau. They’re as stagnant as the Imperium now. Occasionally they build a new suit and occasionally the Imperium makes better marines.

>Ultramarine crashed into a nursery
what

space marine 2.

Actually, they explained it. It's new stuff but it looks like the old stuff.

Not all have to do with being painted bad, see the DA
But reaction pic potential

His arm is so fat it grew it's own mouth so that food could be shoveled straight into the bicep. This takes obesity to an entirely new level.

Blades of Damocles.

Ultramarines enter a civie residential area because the T'au won't bomb their civilians.

xth for the cutest, most up-and-coming psyker in the Imperium!

Aside from bigger shoulderpads, both the Aquillon and Allarus don’t really seem to be wearing much thicker armour than baseline Custodes. Aquillon kind of trick you with their eagle collar.

I don't know, I don't know anything about Imperium lore. Just saying Tau cryofreezing isn't some recent asspull.

I don’t accept that asspull answer. It’s lazy horseshit and still makes the Tau stupid. New tech shouldn’t look the same.

The kit has the claws cast to them, and fire pikes are cool.

>Green trim
Where? the leaves on the one shoulder pad?

Considering the method of how they got their tech odds are they are just moving at a normal pace now and they hit such a peak that there isn't much more they can do without breaking some serious boundaries. Probably involving the warp.

Knock this shit off

>New tech shouldn’t look the same.

QUICKLY GUYS
I NEED SOME STUFF FOR MY ROGUE TRADER PLAYERS TO DO

never

Making everything cost way too many points probably, as usual.

I don't mind. There seem to be quite the amount of tricks, gimmicks, and fancy powers in the codex, so I'm happy.

How about this answer, the guy who pulled the trigger on advancing the plot 100+ years greenlight the advancements without checking to make sure that he wouldn't also need to kill off a dozen characters due to old age and come up with an entire new line of minis for no less than 3 separate armies.

Yeah, it helps to add some pop to the model, especially once it’s done (the one in my pic aren’t) they look pretty nice.

I almost went the full out and did the filigree white, but it was a little too gaudy at that point. White laurels and silver filigree are a top patrician choice though, anyone who does that has my undying respect and admiration

Anyone have the Allarus stats page that was posted before?

Now compare it to the one from 100 years ago, user! Oh, wait...

>fart jokes
lel

I also painted the inside of my Custodes shields red and put black 'script'. Sort of like they had inscribed mighty deed onto the shield.

Two handheld gaming devices released a few years apart isn’t at all comparable to mechanized warsuits that were created 200 years apart. You proved my point anyway, those are similar but have noticeable design upgrades and improvements (after only a few years, not centuries)

Marbo isn't human, he's like Celestine, a warp construct

Only points, but if you’re wondering, it’s normal Custodian except
>balistus launcher
>4 wounds
>4 attacks
>can take axe/spear instead of sword/spear
And that’s all

Try looking at the different between ships in the 1600's and the 1700's that's a more apt comparison.

That's from the Guardsmen Primer propaganda booklet.

Nothing in it is true.

This is close enough.

S5 T5 W4 A4 2+ 5++ (4++ with faction rule)
something like that
84 ppm

>Yeah, bud, why don't you go try tell that to a platypus and get back to me with what she thinks.

You do realize they have mammary glands, right? they don't have nipples, but they have mammary glands.

>udders

"[E]quivalent to the breast in primates."

>bovinae
>Class: Mammalia
>Mammals are the vertebrates within the class Mammalia (from Latin 'mamma' "breast")
>distinguished from reptiles (including birds) by ... mammary glands

>implying anything in the warp is powerful enough to make him

>only points
Was I just dreaming? I swear I've seen the actual datasheet (but just a picture of it, not scanned or anything of course) posted on here before.

>Red with black script on it

.... So your Custodes are infiltrated Word Bearers? Sounds like HERESY

>distinguished from reptiles (including birds) by ... mammary glands
Breasts/tits aren't the only form of mammary gland user.

That’s some good shit man

I had an idea at first of doing white text on the red pauldrons, looks so fucking cool except I’m not a good enough painter to pull it off. Mind posting a pic?

Except that's wrong you fucking retards

Pic related, a ship still commissioned by the U.S. Navy today, Jan 25th 2018.

You want to argue semantics?

>Pic related, a ship still commissioned by the U.S. Navy today, Jan 25th 2018.
I don't see how this is relevant?

It was posted, I was just a fool and didn’t grab it. Sure it’s in the archive if you wanna look