Rolling for size on Whoreson Whorefucker Edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/:

How would you Reinvent wizards?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=htDB8SuLrng
youtube.com/watch?v=0RMnjL6X2gg
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Zaltec
5etools.com/rules.html#multiclassing
youtube.com/watch?v=7wMqFCpgsl8&ab_channel=UndeadSans
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tell me about your Paladin /5eg/

Why does he wear the helmet?

I wouldn't. I'd rather bring sorcs and martials up than tear down wizard

Remove Wizard. Sorcerer is the new Wizard now.

He's a nobleman who still enjoys the pleasures of life, but is dedicated to finding the source of the corruption that destroyed his family and forced him into destroying his House.

So, I'm DMing Curse of Strahd and my players are about to enter Krezk. What music should I use for the Abbot when they fight him, One Winged Angel or Dancing Mad?

He is a half-orc devoted to Saint Cuthbert, currently under a madness (from drinking a magical ale) that makes him obsessed with emulating a heroic person he barely knows (a fellow paladin who is a dwarf he spoke to all of once).

Usually he is a quiet guy who takes the front in a fight, holds the line, and occasionally utters a random dry observation or pun. Lately he's been a bit more boisterous and forceful. He used to not take his order or his oath very seriously, but now that he's been crazied into trying harder he... Well, at least he tries.

Last time he went to pray he passed out sleeping.

Currently combat-wise he has a good synergy with the party's nature cleric. The cleric casts Shield of Faith on him, bringing his AC to 24 (22 AC from plate, ring of protection, shield of arrow catching, defensive fighting style), and he sticks close to the cleric to buff his saving throws.

Neither.
Use this, youtube.com/watch?v=htDB8SuLrng

Neither.
youtube.com/watch?v=0RMnjL6X2gg

A homesteader from a remote wilderness valley, with a log cabin he build himself, a wife, and a passel of children. Somethin' evil started riling up the local varmits and he left his wife and oldest son in charge so he could investigate and set things right again.

C&P'd from last thread. This is the last paladin I played before I made my current Lesbian British Noblewoman LARPing as a whip wielding cowboy(girl) Battlemaster/Arcane Trickster

His wife was killed in front of him and he himself was saved by a dryad whose life he'd saved before. He eventually became an Ancients paladin and resolved to spread the light that his wife no longer could. Externally, he was the most outgoing man you could find. Internally, he was always steps from suicide and regularly undertook suicidal actions to secure the safety of the party. Not to mention he was wracked with guilt over the fact that he survived while she did not and the fact that he wasn't the one to tell their daughter.

When the campaign ended, he built a massive shrine to his god around her grave and filled it with beautiful gardens stocked with flowers and plants from all across the world whose seeds he'd stockpiled from 1st level to 20th.

We just visited that shrine turned temple in our current campaign a while back. We saw him at a distance tending to some tiger lilies. It's 900 years in the future. Ancients paladins are so fucking good.

Character idea, Ranger trying to teach a gorilla to be a human. I'd increase the gorillas intelligence, try to teach it to wear clothes, use weapons, behave politely.

Itd be like weekend at bernies, but with a gorilla.

Thoughts on this spell:
3rd level, 1 action, 60' range, verbal, 1 min concentration
While concentrating you can use your action to force all creatures and objects in a 10' cube to make a dex save or sink into the earth where they are restrained and can make a str save each turn to break out.

all his life he was raised by overly strict and religious parents and guardian figures. Do the right thing, be a good boy, help those in need, wield this power for good.

On the day he was to swear his oath, something rebelled within him and he slew the cleric and his paladin mentor who were present to oversee the ceremony. His blade still dripping with blood, he swore the Oath of Conquest, then disappeared to seize his own destiny.

The sword was actually a cursed sword that had been slipped into the paladin order's armory by a trickster god as a joke just to see what would happen. My Paladin still doesn't know or realize that the sword has basically been partly possessing him since the moment he first touched it

he was picked up as a squire by a traveling group of Ancients paladins disguised as troubadours. they saved his orc/human settlement from a Dragon that liked hoarding slaves. he was taught that he should always learn the songs and legends of a people and use them to inspire action and change. he was taught that saving a life is great, but teaching others the strength to save themselves is greater. He also loves to cook but he's bad at it.

currently he is about to throw a tournament so that a paladin npc who lost his faith can feel like a hero again.

Seems like a worse entangle

>dick ass rogue slips the npc a very mild sedative so that he's clumsy and makes a fool of himself in the tournament

Which four spells are the best (assuming they're all cast at 5th level) of the following: dissonant whispers, sickening radiance, danse macabre, synaptic static, animate object, awaken, or negative energy flood?

Animate objects I guess

Sadly she's the most normal person in our group. She's probably plotting a way to get the rest of us killed.

So I'm making a horror fantasy world that's similar to castlevania meets skyrim. There are going to be three vampires that the players will deal with and I'm thinking about making the first one the captain of an undead pirate ship that docks in his bayside tomb during the day.

The other two vampires are a vampire warrior and vampire spellcaster. What are some interesting ways to present them without resorting to the Dracula Castle trope?

anybody wants to help me design a character?
I would like to play some small race, an one-handed fast warrior, with high dueling power and good movement options.
but not charisma based, i'm not good at talking and id like to be as far away from being the face of the group as possible.

Spellcaster could be the head of an academy of some sort.
Warrior could be the leader of a wandering army of some description, as the undead never need to settle, he could do as he pleases. Imagine a Mongol horde that doesn't need to eat, drink, or sleep.

Are there any gods that demand human sacrifices or have an Aztec feel to them?

how is that like weekend at bernies, and is that really the best reference you could come up with?

Yeah there's a lot.
Or do you mean in a particular campaign setting?

Just regular forgotten realms. I'd like to try the blood cleric but can't think of a suitable god.

as much as I hate warhammer the way their vampire armies march under magically clouded skies is pretty cool

Halfling Kensai Monk

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Zaltec
This fit the bill?

I'll look it up. Thanks a bunch!

Battle Master Fighter or Kensai Monk.

the yuan ti are all about human sacrifice and cannibalism rituals

sickening radiance, danse macabre, synaptic static and animate objects, unless you have a lot of martials in the party in which case i'd take dissonant whispers over sickening radiance

Perfect, thanks
I'll read into them. I don't know a whole lot other than them being snakes

Even with so many of them being concentration? Would the answer change if it was on a warlock (because hex)?

>find out initiative is done with d20
I've been doing d6 for years, fuck

Glad I could help, ancient South American styled cultures and characters are patrician.

One more try, what do you guys think about this item to the Revised Artificer Warsmith. I have a player who loves asking the Sentient Suit questions so I felt it could use an upgrade I could give them at some point.

Do you think the Creature Identification feature should work closer to the Battle Masters Know Your Enemy feature so it would allow you to learn two things from this list
>Armor Class
>Current Hit Points
>Resistances
>Immunities
>Vulnerabilities
>What spells are currently affecting it
or do you prefer it as is?

Did you not once wonder how your other party members were getting 20 initiative off of a d6?

YOU NEVER ASKED YOURSELF WHY OTHER PEOPLE GOT 16's AND SHIT?

No, because I'm the DM and told my players it was d6

It's fine, as is.

How did you not

Swashbuckler Rogue is also an option but you're probably best off with Kensai Monk.

Yuan-Ti are pretty cool. They've got a strict caste system and are more or less based on aztecs with their architecture and general aesthetic. Volo's has a good chapter about them.

So none of your players ever read the book?

Reminder to award players inspiration when they do things you want them to do

>Swashbuckler Rogue is also an option but you're probably best off with Kensai Monk.

He's trying to avoid being the face, Swashbucklers want high charisma so they turn out to be pretty good faces.

Apparently they just glossed over it or did they just figure it was a house rule?

Yeah, no swashbuckler, I've read they use charisma for panache and stuff
Monk seems to be okay, but I'd like to be a bit more amored..
Is gnome a no-no?
what about rangers?

>Read DMG
>Has almost no useful info for prepping for sessions

I have no idea what I'm doing

What kind of things a fey would ask of me when making a deal?

There's nothing wrong with gnomes (their advantage on all int/wis/cha saves against spells is actually quite strong), but unless you're rolling for stats or you're prepared to be somewhat suboptimal, their Int boost is going to be problematic.

"do you wanna make a deal?"

>write a basic outline
>have a sticky note of random names that you can look to the instant your players talk to some unimportant pc
>understand CR
>no plot survives contact with the party, prepare to think on the fly

>Monk seems to be okay, but I'd like to be a bit more amored..
Yeah, you want to be a Battle Master Fighter. I recommend the maneuvers Trip Attack, Riposte, and Precise Attack. Picking up other favorites as you level more.

>Is gnome a no-no?
Forest Gnome might not be a bad idea +1 to dex can help with your damage.

>what about rangers?
You can have a ranger be a duelist if you wanted them to, Battle Masters have the maneuvers that help them come off with a little more flair and style that a duelist should have IMO.

Eh if you semi-dump Cha even a +1 bonus to initiative is still a bonus. You won't have much use for panache but you still get everything else.

the deal is a bigger dick

Goblin robin hood kind of character that wears a mask or is always hidden under a hood and Deep Stalker Revised Ranger for that first turn advantage?

If a dog was to be permanently polymorphed into a sentient human being what class would they be?

monks have pretty high AC even without wearing armor and they get bonus action dodge, and evasion just like rogue to mitigate damage taken.

for your original post's premise, monk is the best fit, and halflings make great monks (ghostwise halfling specifically for the ASI points)

fighter would be fine too but you're not going to be that fast unless you take the mobile feat and/or the new small race feat, or both. You could also go Fighter 5 Rogue X

Druid

Halfing Sun Soul Monk.

I think you mean the second half of Tarzan but with Kerchak instead.

I'm playing a roll20 campaign with friends and someone is literally doing this with Krillin as his character art

how the fuck is this possible

are you the DM and you forced everyone in your group to roll d6s?

well yes numbnuts that changes things, uh dissonant whispers, synaptic static, animate object, negative energy flood

scout rogue with the mobile feat, move 20 ft as a reaction without provoking OA, bonus action disengage/dash, attacks prevent enemy from OAing you, etc.

thank you all for your help!
I'll write this all down and decide myself whats best for my character.
all i wanted is to be a speedy talk-little stab-a-lot fighter type, and you opened my eyes to a lot of different options.

What fucks me up is that [/spoiler] other groups I'm either a player in or have played in used d6 as well[/spoiler]

Ancient oath paladins. They are Good boys.

Why druid?

ranger easy, though a scary dog might be a barbarian

To befriend other animals barbarian could fit too

>be dog
>turn into a human
>use druid magic to turn back into a dog

Mostly the Yuan-Ti gods. They're entire civilization is powered by human sacrifice

specifically, they have entire cults of more or less insane human worshippers desperately trying to ascend to the status of the Yuan-Ti through rituals of cannibalism and human sacrifice. These rituals were the origin of the Yuan-Ti as a race

Reasking this question:

If you have a PC multi-class into a new class (say, Cleric -> Wizard), how do spell slots work? Would a 1Cleric, 1Wizard have four 1st level spell slots, or two 1st level Cleric slots and two 1st level Wizard slots?

5etools.com/rules.html#multiclassing

No problem! The last thing I could think of is multiclass between Kensei Monk and Battle Master Fighter.

Be sure to have your parties bard play this song before every fight. youtube.com/watch?v=7wMqFCpgsl8&ab_channel=UndeadSans

How do you play a character of the opposite sex without being autistic?

by not being autistic

If I ever DM a game I want to make them fight a lich wizard wearing a hooded blue robe to see how many of them get it desu.

Don't feel bad, the old rules used a d6 with no modifiers.

if you arent good at acting/dont know what the other sex looks like just be yourself and play a butchy/femme character

just play them the same way you would as your own gender mostly. Gender has behavior trends but the way D&D is played it deosn't really come up unless you want it to

Thanks! Now just to figure out why a cleric of an evil god is traveling around with a mostly good party, and how to give regular sacrifices to the gods. All without trying to go full on edge.
Play them like a normal person?

Well fuck me this is confusing.

Thanks man. Will read through and understand it shortly.

will do.

If both class are casters, you get spell slots like lvl X+Y caster would. You are limited with spell known/spell prepared for each class as if you were single-class, though.

So while Cleric 10/Wizard 10 would have 9th level slots (as any lvl 20 caster), he could prepare only spells of 5th level (for each class).

Paladins and Rangers levels count as 1/2 levels. AT and EK levels count as 1/3 levels. Rounded down, of course.

There's no ironclad rule or answer anymore than there would be a rule for playing as any other human being. Every human thinks slightly differently and it's always going to be a fairly big jump to play as someone else, and if women and men think so differently as psychology seems to imply you're going to go overboard trying to make yourself seem overtly masculine or overtly feminine.
Just put yourself in their situation and play things out normally like any other character.

read the PHB dude, for fucks sake, it's under the multiclassing section of character creation

oh that explains it
the first game I ever played was run by an old school DM who used AD&D (I believe 1e but I'm not so sure now). I still don't get THAC0 though

Frankly, i think ability to cast spells, bring dead to life or having lifespan of 700 years would make greater impact on character's personality than them being female.

Basically, you add up all the full caster levels (bard, cleric, druid, sorc and wizard), half the half-caster levels (paladin and ranger) and 1/3 of the one-third caster (EK and AT) - and you get your effective caster level. Then you refer the table to see how many spell slots you get.
Mind you - it only concerns spell slots, spells known and max spell known levels are separate for each class. Having a 9th level slot from 17 levels of Wizard doesn't let you prepare and cast 9th level cleric spells even if you 1 level of cleric.

Play an elf
Don't mention you're the opposite sex until it comes up

Just put Elf under gender.

Yay!